Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,329 members, 7,850,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:48 PM

Six Things You Need To Know Before You Marry-truenaijayarn - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Six Things You Need To Know Before You Marry-truenaijayarn (662 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Six Things She Wishes You Would Do More Often (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Things You Need To Know Before You Marry-truenaijayarn by bstringz(m): 1:57am On Aug 15, 2016
At some point in life we all would marry, unless you hate marriage(some people do). Marriage is sweet when you find the right person for you, On the flip side, marriage can be one hell of a journey if you end up with the wrong person, Infact it becomes a prison. Many marriages fail because the people involved didn’t know what they were getting into before they got married and refused to know. Marriage books abound and one I recommend for you is written by My own Pastor, Rev Dr Chukwuemeka ogbonnaya titled Thinking marriage, choose wisely, you can contact us through our contact page and we’d get one across to you. Many books on marriage abound but many people have blatantly refused to read them.

Marriage has the ability to make or Mar you forever. The good book says that he who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. So finding a wife in itself means you’ve been favored from God, because finding a good woman in this our times is very Difficult. There are some thing one needs to know before getting married and I am Going to highlight six important ones.

1. MARRIAGE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES: This is like the most common marriage errors a lot of young persons make. Now is the season of pre-wedding photo shoots and all the drama. Many are getting into marriage thinking that it’s going to be the same forever…. It’s not! You are probably going to wake up one morning and look at that woman lying next to you and feel absolutely nothing for that person. You would encounter some serious challenges that may wreck your marriage if not properly handled. So if you are going into marriage with that “Cinderella, happily ever after” then you are gravely mistaken.

2. MARRIAGE IS NOT FUN: Yeap, I know I have hurt some people with that, but am really sorry, it’s the truth. Marriage is really far from fun. Marriage is two people coming together to build a formidable family….And we all know that in building, fun is hardly involved. Building is stressful, building may bring about quarrels and fighting. But in the end what’s important is that the goal is reached. Are you learning?

3. THE WEDDING IS NOT MARRIAGE: I see so many elaborate weddings every Saturday that gets me wondering why Nigerians love to over-do things. I heard of a young igbo guy, who swore never to get married unless he can get 8million naira for the wedding. 8million for a one day thing!
People, the wedding is not the marriage. Don’t invest so much time and energy into a wedding, Invest into your marriage. We all know of people who had weddings in dubai and today are divorced…. I didn’t mention anyone’s name tho

4. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER, BE PREPARED: I always tell women around me, no matter how wealthy you are or the man you married is, there always comes a time of tribulations for every man under the Sun. There would be a time that, the millionaire you married may not be able to give you the onions and chips you are so used to eating, or take you to dubai for holidays as he or she always did. You must as a single, make up your mind and brace up for the challenges of marriage.

5. DON’T MARRY FOR SEX: This is also a very common occurrence. As many young people marry for sex. Yes, sex is one Reason for marriage but it’s not the all in all. No matter how sex-starved you are and all you just want to do is get a woman or Man who can just satisfy your cravings. You are lining your marriage up for an epic failure. Never marry for sex. Marriage ain’t for sex. It’s far more than that.

6. DON’T MARRY DUE TO PRESSURE: Yes all your friends are getting married and the pressure is On you to pick a girl and get married. Don’t break under this pressure. Don’t rush into marriage or you may rush out of it. Take your time and choose wisely!

Read more here http://truenaijayarn.com/six-things-need-know-marry/
Re: Six Things You Need To Know Before You Marry-truenaijayarn by bstringz(m): 1:57am On Aug 15, 2016
Re: Six Things You Need To Know Before You Marry-truenaijayarn by bolt000(m): 2:07am On Aug 15, 2016
You are making it sound like a big deal, these are just the not intresting parts of marriage. undecided
someone should please counter this thread...
and where is mr "step out in style". grin
Re: Six Things You Need To Know Before You Marry-truenaijayarn by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 15, 2016
All these marriage laws sef are just causing confusion in one way orthe other. Let's be frank, something has to make you decisive on marriage matter. If we keep saying don't marry bcus of this or bcus of that, one would just keep being selective till late 30s.

I'm not saying one shd marry for wrong reasons though, but something has to motivate you to marry especially in this tough economy of ours. BTW I know some ppl who weren't decisive until when pushed or motivated by someone and they're happily married today.

3 Likes

Re: Six Things You Need To Know Before You Marry-truenaijayarn by nonjebose(m): 6:57am On Aug 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
All these marriage laws sef are just causing confusion in one way orthe other. Let's be frank, something has to make you decisive on marriage matter. If we keep saying don't marry bcus of this or bcus of that, one would just keep being selective till late 30s.

I'm not saying one shd marry for wrong reasons though, but something has to motivate you to marry especially in this tough economy of ours. BTW I know some ppl who weren't decisive until when pushed or motivated by someone and they're happily married today.
So bluntly correct! All those things can form part of what makes one to marry joor. What perfect reason makes one to marry, if I may ask sef? Marriage is no b bed of roses, wedding is not marriage are agreeable timeless truism. Not new

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Deceived My Parents, Paid Only N600 As My Bride Price / I Need Advice / Ever Did Dis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.