Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff (13609 Views)

Fayose & Wike Inspect Rivers Pleasure Park, To Be Commissioned This Month / PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff / PDP Needs Surgery, Says Sheriff-led Faction (2) (3) (4)

We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by kahal29: 3:47am On Aug 15, 2016
A factional National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ali Modu Sheriff, has said he will not allow the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, and his Rivers counterpart, Nyesom Wike, succeed in their alleged plot to hijack the party.

This is as he said he would not withdraw any of the cases he had instituted against the party.

Sheriff said this on Sunday when he appeared on a programme on Channels Television.

He said, “We will not let PDP to be hijacked by a few people like Governor Fayose and the governor of Rivers State. They have a script that they want someone to act, but I am a man of principle. This is not about Ali Sheriff; it is about democracy, and the rule of law.

“I never asked to be chairman of the PDP. I was asked to come and assist the party. I never wanted to be chairman of the PDP. I was sitting down in my house when leaders of the party begged me to come and help the party. Initially, I said no, but I later accepted.

“We won’t allow things to go wrong, the party will not be hijacked. If they agree to carry everybody along and take the convention to Abuja, I am ready to step down today.”

Also Sheriff while reacting to the recommendation made by the PDP Board of Trustees Reconciliation Committee, that all court cases instituted against the party by its members be withdrawn immediately said he would not do so.

Speaking to our correspondent in Abuja on Sunday through the spokesperson for his faction, Mr. Bernard Mikko, Sheriff said he would do everything within his power and the constitution of the party to end what he called impunity in the PDP.

Mikko said, “The courts are there to settle disputes in the society. We have done everything within the law to end the crisis.

“We agreed on many terms but not to circumvent the constitution of the party, but the Sen. Ahmed Makarfi-led caretaker committee will not agree to end the crisis.

“There’s is no difference between the so-called forthcoming national convention and the moribund one held in May.

“The only thing is that some group of persons who were not carried along then have been given roles to play in the Wednesday illegal convention.

“We will wait for its outcome. Don’t forget that we are going to court on Monday (today) to know what is going to happen on Wednesday.”

http://punchng.com/wont-allow-fayose-wike-hijack-pdp-says-sheriff/

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by 0nyegame(m): 3:57am On Aug 15, 2016
ok nah... walahi na sleepless nite make me to be first to comment, I no even read the tin sef

Baba God, abeg reason my matter ur son don suffer wella, try pick my call kneel down dey beg u.

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by ideykwum: 4:11am On Aug 15, 2016
kahal29:
A factional National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ali Modu Sheriff, has said he will not allow the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, and his Rivers counterpart, Nyesom Wike, succeed in their alleged plot to hijack the party.

This is as he said he would not withdraw any of the cases he had instituted against the party.

Sheriff said this on Sunday when he appeared on a programme on Channels Television.

He said, “We will not let PDP to be hijacked by a few people like Governor Fayose and the governor of Rivers State. They have a script that they want someone to act, but I am a man of principle. This is not about Ali Sheriff; it is about democracy, and the rule of law.

“I never asked to be chairman of the PDP. I was asked to come and assist the party. I never wanted to be chairman of the PDP. I was sitting down in my house when leaders of the party begged me to come and help the party. Initially, I said no, but I later accepted.

“We won’t allow things to go wrong, the party will not be hijacked. If they agree to carry everybody along and take the convention to Abuja, I am ready to step down today.”

Also Sheriff while reacting to the recommendation made by the PDP Board of Trustees Reconciliation Committee, that all court cases instituted against the party by its members be withdrawn immediately said he would not do so.

Speaking to our correspondent in Abuja on Sunday through the spokesperson for his faction, Mr. Bernard Mikko, Sheriff said he would do everything within his power and the constitution of the party to end what he called impunity in the PDP.

Mikko said, “The courts are there to settle disputes in the society. We have done everything within the law to end the crisis.

“We agreed on many terms but not to circumvent the constitution of the party, but the Sen. Ahmed Makarfi-led caretaker committee will not agree to end the crisis.

“There’s is no difference between the so-called forthcoming national convention and the moribund one held in May.

“The only thing is that some group of persons who were not carried along then have been given roles to play in the Wednesday illegal convention.

“We will wait for its outcome. Don’t forget that we are going to court on Monday (today) to know what is going to happen on Wednesday.”

http://punchng.com/wont-allow-fayose-wike-hijack-pdp-says-sheriff/

This Modu Sheriff is an egotistical dolt! I'm not pro PDP, but his stance in the face of party cohesion speaks of a type of desperation that is more common amongst drug addicts and their ilk, when their drugs are withdrawn. Shame!!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by chriskosherbal(m): 4:11am On Aug 15, 2016

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by kahal29: 6:01am On Aug 15, 2016
ideykwum:

This Modu Sheriff is an egotistical dolt! I'm not pro PDP, but his stance in the face of party cohesion speaks of a type of desperation that is more common amongst drug addicts and their ilk, when their drugs are withdrawn. Shame!!

Mmmmmh
Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Tunami(m): 6:16am On Aug 15, 2016
[b][/b]Following.
Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by fulanmafia: 6:19am On Aug 15, 2016
Silly Wike and Fayose thought they could use and dump Sheriff so easily, they were too naive about how much of a political force he is.

kahal29:

They are reaping what they sowed.

#IStandWithSherriff

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by searchng4love: 6:19am On Aug 15, 2016
PDP or APC I don't care. Just restructure Nigeria so that all Nigerians will be allowed to contribute to development at various levels. This feeding bottle arrangement has to end

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by otabuko(m): 6:22am On Aug 15, 2016
This Sherrif guy may just be working for APC....

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Caseless: 6:23am On Aug 15, 2016
Good!

Sheriff my man!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Caseless: 6:25am On Aug 15, 2016
otabuko:
na apc wake am up from sleep that morning with call and made him pdp chairman, not fayose.

26 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Caseless: 6:28am On Aug 15, 2016

A factional National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party,
the media should stop addressing him as this; he's the authentic chairman of pdp.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by hub: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2016
ideykwum:

Guy, Sherrif is the substantive PDP chairman. Some people illegally hijacked the party away from him which he is fighting through the court of law.

20 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 15, 2016
Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by omaguibu(m): 6:53am On Aug 15, 2016
chronic greed is when you are greedy but not aware you are.

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:57am On Aug 15, 2016
Sheriff wants to hold onto the party structure to pave his way to become the PDP presidential candidate in 2019 cool cool

The truth remains that the current brouhaha of PDP is just a fight between Alimodu Sheriff and Atiku's 2019 presidential ambitions cool

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by metalDETECTED(m): 8:19am On Aug 15, 2016
All politicians are better when dead cool

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by judedave181: 8:21am On Aug 15, 2016
Who is this sherif disturbing the social media with his tribal mark...

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Sunnycliff(m): 8:22am On Aug 15, 2016
PDP bad APC have no difference, they are desperate power mongers!
Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by jkaro(m): 8:23am On Aug 15, 2016
Pdp wan scatter again... I feel say them don de make up
Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by brostheo(m): 8:24am On Aug 15, 2016
PDP fighting themselves
APC fighting themselves
followers killing themselves
Which is the way naija?

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 15, 2016
Hahaha, fools

Meanwhile, somewhere on Saturday.

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Hillzy(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2016
Lol, upon all d sense way pple from ugwu republic n our oyel region say dem get na aboki's still dey detect d pace way their pdp go follow

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Sylvarresta(m): 8:27am On Aug 15, 2016
Their problem, they were the one that put Nigeria in this mess now

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2016
PDP vs PDP

APC vs APC

This is getting interesting by the day.

I can see another major opposition party on the horizon with the likes of Wike, Saraki, Fayose, Dogara et al cool
Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by AntiWailer: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2016
Who cares
Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by shamecurls(m): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2016
I stand with Fayose and Wike grin grin grin

Anything that will destroy PDP is welcomed

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Mboi: 8:37am On Aug 15, 2016
They begged you to come and become the chairman, now they are asking you to step down that they don't want you again going by what they saw in you within that three months you were there. Why are you insisting on destroying the party? You have a reconciliation committee headed by Jerry Gana. The committee decided that all issues in PDP should be handled like a family affair and also resolved that all aggrieved members should withdraw all court cases as a first step to resolving their conflicts. Why do you refuse to do so? Even if some group of people are trying to hijack the party as you said, do u think such issue cannot be handled internally. The same people you accuse of hijacking the party were same people that asked you to come and become the chairman of the party.
Your brothers in APC seeing that you've become PDP chairman started secret plans with you to destroy the party and was immediately noticed by the people that brought you in that's why they want you out.

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by MadCow1: 8:38am On Aug 15, 2016
Wike and Fayose want to both become the new Power brokers in the PDP...

But Sheriff pass them.. grin

Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by chidozieikeji2: 8:42am On Aug 15, 2016
otabuko:
he is buharis inlaw so he is acting d script that was handed over to him by buhari
Re: We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff by Bishop1monte(m): 8:42am On Aug 15, 2016
we are watching in 3d

"What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku / Kiki Osinbajo: "Proud Of How The World Stood For Us Women This Past Week!" / President Buhari Attends UN General Assembly In New York