Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) (20702 Views)

Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. / Sex Scandal: I Stand By All My Claims, Stephanie Otobo blasts Apostle Suleman / Relationship / Religious Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by whoisuche: 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
Revolva:
angry angry angry No hell No heaven bro...forget religion thank God @Seun have said it all....ok..no body have proved the existence of a God....Agnostic way of mind is the best just do good and your best..also...while you are on earth

John 1:1 (Reads) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. So there is God, also read the following Bible verse about hell and heaven.
Bible Verses About Heaven And Hell
Bible verses related to Heaven And Hell from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

Romans 2:6-8 - Who will render to every man according to his deeds: (Read More...)

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 21:1-27 - And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (Read More...)

Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Matthew 25:41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 3:13 - And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.

1 Peter 3:18-22 - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. (Read More...)

John 14:2 - In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

James 2:20-24 - But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
So I want you not to play with your life Heaven and Hell is real and Heaven is meant for those who repent of their sins and believe that Jesus Christ is the King of kings, The Son of God and That he died for our sins for us to be free form sin only if we believe in Him
He rose from dead and according to John 14:1-3King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I will like you to start attending bible believing Church where they preach the truth about God, Heaven and hell.
God bless you as you take this bold step to serve God.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by ooshinibos: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:
Ok it all started when I was little, I was raised by a Muslim father who later got a divorce from my mum and since I was a mum's pet i moved out with her,she happen to be a Christian (cele) but when we moved out and got to our new place we couldn't find a cele church around so we attended a new generation church at that time. After losing my beloved mother just before my admission into the university I became a serious Christian in my 100 level and soon became an exco in the campus fellowship in my 200 level but being too churchy soon got me into trouble with my very low 3rd class cgpa so in 300 level I dumped the fellowship and was able to move my gpa to 3rd class upper (lol). In my finals, I got a house off campus and moved in with a roommate who was once a Christian and now an atheist. We would argue for long hours about religion and God and I soon got to find out that sometimes the dude was right about both. Soon I managed to graduate (with a 2:2 of course) and soon realized I could have done better if not for my churchy attitude during my early years as an undergraduate. I'd secretly blame myself and the God I served while on campus for my failure. Now in 2 days time I'd be 20 years of age and I'm almost through with my NYSC programme next month and I'm not sure if I believe in God anymore Note I still go to church most time when I'm under compulsion to go or I just feel like. I had some events that I feel might have triggered this new belief system of mine e.g:

I lost my mum and five years after that I lost dad too ( lost them both at critical points in my life. I lost mum when I was barely in ss3 at age 14 and dad a month to my convocation ate age 19.)

I always feel like if I hadn't been churchy I know I would have graduated with at least a 2:1 cos it took me 3 semesters to take my results from 3rd class to 2:2.

I saw an article on fp today about one Taiwo Gold who recently denounced Islam and is now an atheist and trust me I see reasons with what the dude said cos I have most of those things in mind too and I had always talked and argued about them with my atheist roommate in school.

Christians say Jesus is the way and Muslims will end in hell and Muslims say Allah's got no son just servants and Christians should brace themselves for janamah (pardon my spelling but the traslation is HELL) so where does that live the sangho and eledumare worshipers?

Those are the few and major events that I think might have got me in this confused state of mine. Please help me out. Is there God Which way is the way? Is there Hell?? Is there an afterlife?? Please answer this questions with proofs please. ( please ignore the errors in this article) mod please help me ooooo

God did not call anybody to religion ( you can ask God to reveal himself to you )..the only thing he wants from us is to have a dynamic fellowship with him and impact the world with his love and Grace I.e. love him and trust in him and love your neighbor ..anything apart from that is Religion hence your predicament.. and that of Nigeria
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Jabula1: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by MrDavidson: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
Seun:
Sorry about the loss of your parents. There's no good evidence for the existence of God. We must rely on ourselves and each other to succeed. There's no need to waste your time trying to cultivate a relationship with, or to totally submit to, a person whose existence is unverifiable.
That's purely a lie. God's existence is verifiable. God has not left us in darkness about that even though we may not be able to have answers to all questions about life and the sufferings in the world.
Did this grand masterpiece called the earth - just create itself? The presence of any structure point to the irrefutability of a builder. And for the universe, it's God.

God, in His infinite mercy, has several times opened Himself to be "seen" by many atheists, agnostics - leading to their conversion.

It's foolishness of the highest order for anyone to dispute the possibility of God's being. Those who do this, the Bible calls them fools. Why? Because it's so crystal-clear even to the blind - that there's God.

The theory of evolution and all other jibes, don't just add up. They contradict themselves every year and God stands tall above them.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by compujyde: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by simplex2: 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
simplex2:

Religion is the biggest fraud perpetuated by MAN! You are in the right path of self-discovery. They will tell you not to ask any questions; to believe, just believe, have faith..bla..bla..bla! Then they start threatening you with blasphemy when you ask questions. Then they threaten you with hell fire!

The answers you seek are not in any religious thread. The truth shall set you free!
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by yeancahwunmi(f): 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
think the first problem is being from a religiously divided home, as well as a broken home.

Secondly, attending church or mosque with your parents does not make you religious, you have to be convinced as an individual that you are on the right path, through diligent study of God's word, you can also pay for his holy spirit to guide you (Psalms 32:cool.

Getting involved in spiritual activities does not make you religious, because some are church or mosque goers, but having a close relationship with God does, because He becomes REAL to you & it reflects in all you do.

Thirdly, we all are entitled to our opinion along with its consequences (Gal. 6:5,7).

Worshipping God is by choice not by force, because we have freewill (Deut. 30:15,16; John. 3:16) which explains the differing opinion about God and Religion.

Diverse opinion about God does not erase or undermine His existence, example, as Nigerian national, we know about the Nigerian constitution, but does everyone act in accordance to it? If No, does it mean the Nigerian government who made the condition doesn't exist? What about those acting in accordance to the constitution, are they right or wrong, because the offenders are going about their biz like nothing happened?

My advice, take your time to study God's word diligently; pray for help through his holy spirit; know him as you would a close friend; congregate with people that share your core values (Heb. 10:24,25, this is where religion comes in; because you need a support system, no man is an island)

Touched by your story, but I've been through worse, though not from a religiously divided household. The one thing that has kept me sane is God and Religion.

P.S. You've got to learn how to strike a balance in all things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by yeancahwunmi(f): 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
@simplex2, how will you know if you don't ask questions? If you don't find? Any religion that does not allow you to ask questions... Please take off, because there's no way you'll learn about God all on your own without asking questions.

P.S Religion is not man-made. (James 1:27)
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by ceecee0703(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
Davo93:
@Memesticmeme,

Firstly, let me say you are a very strong fellow. Events in your life may not have been pleasant, but you still made some reasonable progress. Also, let me add that I am sorry about your parents.

Now to the issue you raised. I won't whip up sentiment here and that is why I will also want to agree with the second commenter here. For me personally, when I hear or read comments from the agnostic, what kills any notion they tend to present is the fact that my life couldn't have gone the way it has, if there is no supernatural being who rules in my affair.

The challenges in your academic pursuit may be due to several things and not necessarily due to your being 'churchy', just like you have raised. Having said that, it is important to note that anything that is taken in excess has a potential to be damaging. When religious activities take over the place of academics, one may find himself/herself in a bad academic situation. Not just religious activities, same thing for too much of socials and all of that. I have an experience too in this area when I was in the Uni.

From what I can perceive, those you have been exposed to in your early stage of life (your agnostic friend(s) may have unduly capitalised on the challenges you faced (parents & academics) to veer your belief. My dear, there is hardly no one without his/her turbulent stage of life, the only thing is the difference in the level of storm. Even with this, strong people like you overcome them and those unpleasant moments end up adding to the 'CV of your life', which is arguably one of the rare life impacting qualification that you need.

Don't be deceived nor dismayed. There is God!

BTW, I appreciate the fact that your education is relatively quick. Already doing your Youth Service at 20? Kudos... Your God needs you to impact your generation positively. Don't be swayed dear!
God is proud of you and am proud of you. I had issues in belief of God he does exist,

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by simplex2: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
yeancahwunmi:
@simplex2, how will you know if you don't ask questions? If you don't find? Any religion that does not allow you to ask questions... Please take off, because there's no way you'll learn about God all on your own without asking questions.

P.S Religion is not man-made. (James 1:27)

Even the scripture you quote is written and compiled by men. Then they tell you is inspired by God. How do you use the bible to validate the bible?

have you ever heard of the sin of blasphemy? Search your scriptures very well. The early church hanged a lot of scientist for what they considered as blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by britoo88: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
I may not say enough to convince u bt I believe we al av one GOD hu is God over all flesh. in as much as billions will disagree with me but dats my belive by the way. I luv sumtin Abt ur story the union of ur mum n dad Muslim n christian, bt ur dad broke d marriage no matter wat d issue was it was suppose 2 b resolved not dissolved. bt deir demise shld nt weaken u cos dere is glory in it, d same rain dat humans are afraid of it d same rain dat d soils n crops embrace n soils and d ones dat kip humans alive 2day in life der are times u eat egg der are also times u eat stone ur teeth cn chew rocks ur heart is ur teeth, bt I know God dose nt send earthquake 2 destroy u bt 2 build u, see dere is a cake in every earthquake in ur life, I know dat GOD is like d air u breath, He is everywhere . 2 me anybody who is an atheist is a person who is blind or hu has eyes but can't see. just be strong wit God in every storm av a great recovery. dis my friend's account, my Facebook. is chukwuemeka Isaac number 08139191864.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Memesticmeme: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
lisa757:
@op.

please let me know the class ur thoughts are.

1. the class that believe their is NO God anywhere or

2. the class that believe their is A God somewhere but all our religions are fake.

I need to know...to know were my argument begins.

I think i'm more of the second class

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by AgricAgroallied(m): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
You are a reasonable person.
The religion whose leaders lay more emphasis on salvation is the true religion not the one whose emphasis is on mere materials/solving calamities/predicament.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by xage(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Feanah:
please don't bother replying him brother,nothing can help this kind of ignorance.Be the better person and just let him be.Don't reply him pls

Shukran Sister, I also realized there's absolutely no point replying such a murky minded person.

It would amount to waste of time...
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by pelusky(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
To Everyone That Says There Is No God
You are asking for the evidence of God's existence... Please find a Bible and if not, you can search the verses online( I won't quote it). Psalms 14:1, also this is Good News Bible(GNB) Isaiah 40:12-28. Please just try it out, check it.

[color=#990000][/color] One thing is certain...

If you do not believe in His existence, that does not change Him from being God
BTW, how do you get know you are WISE and INTELLIGENT when you can actually not see them? How do you get know your brain exist when you literally cannot see it? You know there's air you cannot see nor touch it.
God's Trademark is everywhere!

Daniel 11:32b, those that know their God shall be strong and do exploits!
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by udoh2k: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
ONLY A FOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD - PSALMS 14:1
JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE- JOHN 14:6
YOU SHOULD NO THE TRUTH (JESUS) AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE - JOHN 8:32

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by hopefulLandlord: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
pelusky:
To Everyone That Says There Is No God
You are asking for the evidence of God's existence... Please find a Bible and if not, you can search the verses online( I won't quote it). Psalms 14:1, also this is Good News Bible(GNB) Isaiah 40:12-28. Please just try it out, check it.

[color=#990000][/color] One thing is certain...

If you do not believe in His existence, that does not change Him from being God

That you believe doesn't suddenly make him real either

That its written in a book doesn't make him real

Spiderman must exist

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by lexyclasy: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
yomilala:
Don't be deceived my brother. Islam is d only way to salvation. God said in glorious Quran that who ever those any other religion except Islam, it nt be will accepted from him nd he will be among the loser on the day of judgment. U dnt need to be worried. Ask God to God show u d way to him and i believe ur prayer will be answered. It worked for me and i believe it will work 4u too. for those that said there is no God, I want everyone of u to know that our purpose on in this world is to worship our creator. Allah said he did nt create human and jinn except to worship him. Tell me the most luxurious thing we used today, wat is purpose of them all? D cars, Tv, even cloth we wear. All these are 4 a purpose with maker of them written on it And u think there is no God and we are in dis world for fun.. Haba. Ask any xtain to tell u where Jesus said accept me as ur personal lord and Savior.? u will neva see it in the Bible. Jesus did nt said that anyway. Ask any xtain where jesus said they go to church on sunday some on Saturday. Bible itself said (KSF) d preface said All D BIBLE ARE FULL OF CONTRADICTION AND ERROR INCLUDING THIS ONE.
I will send u a video to buttres my point and believe it guide u.
Bros, that is why the Holy Bible in 2Timothy2:15 says Study to show yourself approved a workman that need not be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, rightly dividing the word of truth

First of all you challenge Christians to show you where Bible talk about Jesus as the only Lord and Saviour.....kindly find the attached versions....John14:6, Act16:31, John3:16, Act14:12

Your 2nd challenge was where the bible recorded about going to church on Saturday or Sunday......Now this take you back to my paragraph one, after that i welcome you back to your second question solution
Genesis2:1-3 is an account of the creation of Heaven and Earth which God rested on the seventh day which also known as the Sabbath day....after MAN fell from God's liberty through SIN.....it was Jesus who came to die to reconcile MAN to God......He came as a sinless child to manifest in mankind through a sinless womb that bore Christ.....take note Christ means Saviour.....before his coming there was a great quietness in Heaven as regards who will come to safe mankind before he offer himself to come and die to redeem us from the curse of the land....... on the 3rd day when he resurrected he keep appearing to the disciples that gathered to pray as he commandeth that they should not forsake the gathering of one another......it is on this note that Christian gathered on Sundays to commemorate his resurrection on the first day which also known as Sunday.....If you don't believe on the ressurection of Jesus Christ......then you don't have any business to be a Christian because it is through Christ we have Christians.......kindly find the attached verses..... Mark16:9,John20:19-31, Act20:7, Luke24:1, Mathew 28:1, 1Corinthian16:2

Please after this if you don't still understand the context of Christianity then i pray the Holy spirit which is in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy spirit to give you a deep insight to understand that....Jesus is the way the truth and the Life and no one can see the Father who is thee creator except by him who conquer the grave and make a public show of the devil triumphant over principalities and powers......To God be the Glory...and help those who are still pursuing shadows of religion rather than recognizing the one and only Jesus the begotten Son to know the Truth.....who also sited at the right hand side of the most high mediating on our weaknesses wherefore we got forgiveness
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Arjeeni: 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
victorazy:

Watchasy

You have the right to say whatever you wish is part of your fundamental right brother.
What can you do to proof otherwise?
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Arjeeni: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopara1:
Christainity is not a religion but a sure entrance way to enter eternal life if you do what's right!Dont let your heart be troubled-All i see are frustrations!God is real!Jesus is the way,truth n life!

I agree with you is not a religion it is obvious that many don't know that it was even mere CLUB from the beginning!
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Revolva(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
whoisuche:

John 1:1 (Reads) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. So there is God, also read the following Bible verse about hell and heaven.
Bible Verses About Heaven And Hell
Bible verses related to Heaven And Hell from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

Romans 2:6-8 - Who will render to every man according to his deeds: (Read More...)

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 21:1-27 - And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (Read More...)

Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Matthew 25:41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 3:13 - And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.

1 Peter 3:18-22 - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. (Read More...)

John 14:2 - In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

James 2:20-24 - But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
So I want you not to play with your life Heaven and Hell is real and Heaven is meant for those who repent of their sins and believe that Jesus Christ is the King of kings, The Son of God and That he died for our sins for us to be free form sin only if we believe in Him
He rose from dead and according to John 14:1-3King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I will like you to start attending bible believing Church where they preach the truth about God, Heaven and hell.
God bless you as you take this bold step to serve God.

see you brainwashed fool.....story for the gods wat do you know
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by 01Mysticdon(m): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
Just do good, forget about religion, practise love, be humble and try your best to be honest.
Be tolerant, help people when you can. Believe that that's a force responsible for the existence of the universe.
That's all.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by impactinfluence: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
To everyone; The scripture says "Every idle words men shall give, they shall give account of them" on the day of judgement

Going through NL everyday I am compelled say, its rather appalling seeing how the love of God of 'so called' christians are waxing cold by the day. I am not surprised as it is evident in the scriptures. RELIGION is one of the problems of the world and it is a very difficult BONDAGE TO BREAK, it is important I make it clear that Christianity is not a religion but rather it is THE PULSATING LIFE OF CHRIST IN A HUMAN BEING....i.e GOD TARBERNACLE IN A HUMAN BEING (John5:26-27).Jesus said in the bible that I HAVE COME THAT YOU MAY HAVE LIFE, AND HAVE IT MORE ABUNDANTLY. It is striking to note that when Jesus made this statement, he was talking to people who were alive; in otherwords he was talking about another kind of life i.e. This life is called the GOD-KIND OF LIFE (ZOE), it is also called ETERNAL LIFE. Oh how many people have thought it wrongly that eternal life awaits them when they die (John 3:16) but rather eternal life is imparted into you the moment you get born again. This is what we believe true christianity is all about. Religion is simply serving God without A REVELATION. The fact that you were born into a christian home does NOT make you a christian,probably you happen to be the child of a deacon,pastor,bishop,evangelist, the fact that you are committed in church does not one either, because you can a 65years old baby in the church etc. YOU BECOME A CHRISTIAN if you have made the prayer of salvation(Romans 9:10)

@OP, reading through your post I must say you have been through a lot and I thank God you made it this far...
My questions for you are: Are you bornagain?, do you attend a church well planted in the word? How is your relationship with God like?. You cannot even KNOW GOD if you do not have the HOLYSPIRIT because HE is the one who reveals THE FATHER. The scripture is replete on the nature and the personality of God (Study The book of John). Never fall or be fooled by some craps NLders are churning out,Its just the case of a blind leading a blind. THE BIBLE IS COMPLETE AND THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS YOU WILL FIND.

You can reach me on this contact if you do not mind for more guidance: 08140222208 or you pm me

I AM NOT A PASTOR#just for the record

GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY!!!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by mansmx20(m): 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:
You don't need to worry about the existence of God(s). Just make the most out of your stay here on earth.
All ideologies behind every religion were formed by men, not a supernatural being. So careless about them, be cheerful and work your way to the top.

Some times I got to wonder when people think there is no GOD!

A person denying the existance of God is like a fish denying the existance of water. Where will start. Upon all the alternation of the night nd the day!
The rain, the cold air. Kai.............
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by neocortex: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
LuvU2:
Come and stand with me grin

On a serious note; dont let foolish philosophy override ur common sense.

I believe christianity is the true religion bt only God can convict u. Just start searching for the truth and talking to God too.

I really envy ur state of mind now. I wish i was a freak for religious things.

Believe is the cheapest commodity that any one can posses.
But when it comes to providing hardcore proof of the beliefs,
you see strong believers dragging their feet.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by neocortex: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
Uk2222:
My sister God loves you it is because of him u are alive today, what shall separate u from the love of Christ shall be trouble, fermine, persecutions, danger know in all dis things u are more than conqueror.

Can you prove that ?
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by honourhim: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

That you believe doesn't suddenly make him real either

That its written in a book doesn't make him real

Spiderman must exist

Liar. I thought you said in the other thread that you ve left nairaland? What are you still doing here?
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by mansmx20(m): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
When u read the scripture of God with open heart and open mind you will find reasons thaat God exist.

To with religion u are to follow, that depends on how well you read and understand the words of God.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Omonigeriarere: 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:
Ok it all started when I was little, I was raised by a Muslim father who later got a divorce from my mum and since I was a mum's pet i moved out with her,she happen to be a Christian (cele) but when we moved out and got to our new place we couldn't find a cele church around so we attended a new generation church at that time. After losing my beloved mother just before my admission into the university I became a serious Christian in my 100 level and soon became an exco in the campus fellowship in my 200 level but being too churchy soon got me into trouble with my very low 3rd class cgpa so in 300 level I dumped the fellowship and was able to move my gpa to 3rd class upper (lol). In my finals, I got a house off campus and moved in with a roommate who was once a Christian and now an atheist. We would argue for long hours about religion and God and I soon got to find out that sometimes the dude was right about both. Soon I managed to graduate (with a 2:2 of course) and soon realized I could have done better if not for my churchy attitude during my early years as an undergraduate. I'd secretly blame myself and the God I served while on campus for my failure. Now in 2 days time I'd be 20 years of age and I'm almost through with my NYSC programme next month and I'm not sure if I believe in God anymore Note I still go to church most time when I'm under compulsion to go or I just feel like. I had some events that I feel might have triggered this new belief system of mine e.g:

I lost my mum and five years after that I lost dad too ( lost them both at critical points in my life. I lost mum when I was barely in ss3 at age 14 and dad a month to my convocation ate age 19.)

I always feel like if I hadn't been churchy I know I would have graduated with at least a 2:1 cos it took me 3 semesters to take my results from 3rd class to 2:2.

I saw an article on fp today about one Taiwo Gold who recently denounced Islam and is now an atheist and trust me I see reasons with what the dude said cos I have most of those things in mind too and I had always talked and argued about them with my atheist roommate in school.

Christians say Jesus is the way and Muslims will end in hell and Muslims say Allah's got no son just servants and Christians should brace themselves for janamah (pardon my spelling but the traslation is HELL) so where does that live the sangho and eledumare worshipers?

Those are the few and major events that I think might have got me in this confused state of mine. Please help me out. Is there God Which way is the way? Is there Hell?? Is there an afterlife?? Please answer this questions with proofs please. ( please ignore the errors in this article) mod please help me ooooo

I have much to say, but I will just try to put down a little part of my idea. First of all, forget the notion that there is no God. God is far knowledgeable than any other beings and His activities are not subjected to logic.

As a man from Yoruba lineage, our tradition believes that there is one Being who does as He wishes even before and after the advent of colonial Masters.

In my observation, if there is nothing to convince you that there is no God, there is also no tangible proof that God does not exist if you have done your research well.

In conclusion, you have nothing to loose by serving God whether he exist or not cos even if you find out that He does not exists after death, you have nothing to loose; but if you find out that He exists after your death without serving Him, will there be second chance?

Think twice.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by 4kings: 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
mansmx20:

Some times I got to wonder when people think there is no GOD!

A person denying the existance of God is like a fish denying the existance of water. Where will start. Upon all the alternation of the night nd the day!
The rain, the cold air. Kai.............
Could you point out where I denied the existence of God. undecided
And ur logic does not make sense, a fish feels and sees the presence of water, so it can't deny it. undecided
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Greenlandncom(m): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:

What was your experience when you claimed that you were a Christian? It is safe to say you were going to Church but you never encountered Christ, therefore, you were never a Christian.
If you really want to know whether God exist or not, start from within you, in other words, your experience.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by lisa757: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
Memesticmeme:

I think i'm more of the second class

okay...I'll have to be as logical as possible...since u still believe in God but not religion....I will try not to quote any scriptures (I don't expect u to take any scriptural quote serious anyway)

when God created man in the universe he created us to operate in four dimensions: length, depth, breath(xyz) and time (t)...in other words at the "beginning" (x,y,z,t)= (0,0,0,0) but mind u...he created it and placed us in it..he doesn't exist in it. that means he is not bounded by those dimensions (I can create a pencil and not give it a "dimension" called living..but living actually exist ). it is because of this that he can exist everywhere OMNIPRESENT ((x,y,z) from zero to infinity) and also be the BEGINNING AND THE END (time t from zero to infinty)

as God is not "detectable" with our senses, spacial orientation and boundaries we have to find other means of getting to know him. It is just natural...since he created us as intelligent beings.
Religions across the world are all for this purpose. Their practice vary from each group's history, environment , culture and most times political goals. but note one common thing ...getting to know God is an IDEAL thing....ways of knowing him are subject to each human's perception and imperfections. That's were ur role comes in....IN WAT WAY WILL U WANT TO KNOW HIM.as it is not always smart to reinvent the wheel..u can still choose from the available religions around and adopt what u term as acceptable in that religion. But mind u are free to create urs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883 / The Dichotomy Of The Imminent American Invasion Of Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.