Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break (9442 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Struggling With Prison Warders (Photos) / Adebayo Obasanjo And 11 Others Promoted In Jos / Kachikwu Reacts To Recent Attacks On Forcados Pipeline By Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by bumi10(m): 7:03am On Aug 16, 2016
In a statement released by spokesperson of the Nigeria Prisons Service, Francis Enobore, the federal government has sacked 23 prison officers and suspended 11 others after the recent ‎jailbreak at Koton Kafe prison in Kogi, Kuje prison in Abuja and Nsukka Prison in Enugu state.The statement reads in part...

"Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) considered the allegation of serious misconduct arising from your negligence of duty as leveled against you.

The Board thereafter approved your immediate dismissal from the Nigerian Prisons Service.. in line with the provision of the Public Service Rule 030402 (O) being an action prejudicial to the security of the State.

“Similarly the Controller-General of Prisons in his capacity has approved the dismissal of 7 junior staff serving in Kuje Medium Security prison and 10 other junior staff serving in Koton Karfe prison also implicated in the escape saga. The affected officers are to hand over all government properties in their possession to their immediate superior and proceed accordingly. “Meanwhile the officer in charge of Nsukka Prison DCP Okonkwo Lawrence and 10 others have been suspended over the recent prisoners’ escape from the prison.

The suspension is to allow for detailed and uninterrupted investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident in order to facilitate appropriate action by the authority.

“It would be recalled that in the wake of incessant escape of prisoners from some prisons in the country the CGP, Ja’afaru Ahmed on the 2nd of August, 2016 convened an emergency meeting of Command Officers and 241 officers in charge prisons across the country to reassess security measures for safe keeping of prisoners. Although a number of escapees have been recaptured, efforts are still being made to ensure that all the fugitives are apprehended and returned to prison custody.

“The Controller General wishes to assure all officers and men of the Nigerian Prisons Service of his readiness to support and encourage hard work and dedication to duty but frowns at acts of negligence capable of embarrassing the Service and the nation at large. While appreciating the collaboration of security agencies, vigilante groups and members of the public for their support, the Controller General further assures that all necessary measures are being put in place to guarantee maximum security of persons in Prison custody.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/08/fg-sack-23-warders-suspends-11-others.html

1 Share

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 16, 2016
I don carry chair sit down. I dey observe
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by bewla(m): 7:16am On Aug 16, 2016
Aye toto
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by kossyablaze(m): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2016
Lol yes o... I support them for this one..... I detest negligence of duty
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by holadguy(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2016
Nice move, not in era of do as you like at work
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 16, 2016
bumi10:
In a statement released by spokesperson of the Nigeria Prisons Service, Francis Enobore, the federal government has sacked 23 prison officers and suspended 11 others after the recent ‎jailbreak at Koton Kafe prison in Kogi, Kuje prison in Abuja and Nsukka Prison in Enugu state.The statement reads in part...

"Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) considered the allegation of serious misconduct arising from your negligence of duty as leveled against you.

The Board thereafter approved your immediate dismissal from the Nigerian Prisons Service.. in line with the provision of the Public Service Rule 030402 (O) being an action prejudicial to the security of the State.

“Similarly the Controller-General of Prisons in his capacity has approved the dismissal of 7 junior staff serving in Kuje Medium Security prison and 10 other junior staff serving in Koton Karfe prison also implicated in the escape saga. The affected officers are to hand over all government properties in their possession to their immediate superior and proceed accordingly. “Meanwhile the officer in charge of Nsukka Prison DCP Okonkwo Lawrence and 10 others have been suspended over the recent prisoners’ escape from the prison.

The suspension is to allow for detailed and uninterrupted investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident in order to facilitate appropriate action by the authority.

“It would be recalled that in the wake of incessant escape of prisoners from some prisons in the country the CGP, Ja’afaru Ahmed on the 2nd of August, 2016 convened an emergency meeting of Command Officers and 241 officers in charge prisons across the country to reassess security measures for safe keeping of prisoners. Although a number of escapees have been recaptured, efforts are still being made to ensure that all the fugitives are apprehended and returned to prison custody.

“The Controller General wishes to assure all officers and men of the Nigerian Prisons Service of his readiness to support and encourage hard work and dedication to duty but frowns at acts of negligence capable of embarrassing the Service and the nation at large. While appreciating the collaboration of security agencies, vigilante groups and members of the public for their support, the Controller General further assures that all necessary measures are being put in place to guarantee maximum security of persons in Prison custody.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/08/fg-sack-23-warders-suspends-11-others.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 obinoscopy
God I thank you that my dad is not on duty that very day in nsukka prison

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by 12Monkeys: 7:34am On Aug 16, 2016
Buhari bypasses more senior officers to appoint his boko cousin and in less than a month we witnessed 3 major prison breaks across the country.

The Comptroller-General of Prison is who Buhari should sack but we all kow that the Satanic APC govt are behind the prison breaks to free their boko brothers.

12 Likes

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by shukuokukobambi: 7:52am On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:
Buhari bypasses more senior officers to appoint his boko cousin and in less than a month we witnessed 3 major prison breaks across the country.

The Comptroller-General of Prison is who Buhari should sack but we all kow that the Satanic APC govt are behind the prison breaks to free their boko brothers.

See how GEJ helped 2,000 prisoners escape in 5 years. When are we going to deal with him?

http://nairabrains.com/2014/11/over-2000-nigerian-prisoners-escape-from-nigerian-prisons-in-5-years/

http://leadership.ng/news/391248/nigerian-prisons-incessant-jailbreaks

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by OfficialAwol(m): 8:10am On Aug 16, 2016
The way this govt loves sacking e! We will all wake up one day to here they've sacked themselves, unknowingly, out of power. probably because there was nothing else to sack
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 16, 2016
Nigerian government is culpable.There is no facilities in the prison to secure the movement of inmates.Money budgeted for prison facilities are embezzled by government officials without anyone being prosecuted.Dont they travel abroad to see how foreign prisons look like?Look at how dilapidated that prison pics building look like.Why won't inmates escape.

2 Likes

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2016
The Nigerian prisons lack basic infrastructure.No cctv and modern prison fences.Government,esp minister who is in charge of prisons also has a portion of the blame.

4 Likes

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by predear(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2016
Why not solidify all equipments in our prisons including D walls nd iron bars in D prison nd equip D warders wit modern equipments ...instead of sacking dem nd increase un-employment in D country.

1 Like

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by hannyjay(f): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2016
Dats good.u do anyhow u see anyhow
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by veekid(m): 11:31am On Aug 16, 2016
sad I've got Michael Scofield in my closet
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by mastermaestro(m): 11:31am On Aug 16, 2016
undecided Didn't they deny that there was neither a prison break nor escape of prisoners?

4 Likes

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by driand(m): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2016
Good
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by ANBAKO: 11:35am On Aug 16, 2016
The problem in this type of situation is that the weakest links are always the scapegoat which is always the junior officers (Foot soldiers) who are just working for their salaries.

Whereas the Comptroller, assistants, Deputies, Prison controllers will not be affected even though they are the one who did not provide adequate measures to secure the prison. Look at the roof of that prison!!!
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by Dentmoyin(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2016
i blame scofield and buhari ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by taurustm(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2016
I hope we don't have Michael Burrow among the escapees. lol.
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by jazinogold(m): 11:45am On Aug 16, 2016
HOW MANY SINATOR'S HAVE BEEN SACKED FOR THE PADDED BUDGET? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by futureniyi: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2016
We need to stop blaming people and start examining the resources we give them to execute a job. Look at the state of Nigerian Prisons.
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by ceejay80s(m): 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
Armed robbery has increased of recent and we blame buhari,
After sacking them , put them all in jail, arrant nonsense, I dey sleep with two eyes open because these buffoons refuse to do their job
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by ceejay80s(m): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
sunychuks:

It wasn't planned that day , so never breathe slow, let wait till after investigation, if u have watched prison break, u go know say the plan reach 1 month before dem escape
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by cyojunior1(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
sunychuks:

U mean ur dad is also a prisoner ?
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by ceejay80s(m): 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
taurustm:
I hope we don't have Michael Burrow among the escapees. lol.

Which series be Michael burrows again oooo!!!! I haff dead

2 Likes

Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by kstix(m): 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
Why wont they break out of prison when u keep overstuffing the prisons with people(especially innocent ones that have not had their day in court yet) and poor facilities to hold prisoners. I dont think those guys should be sacked. You gave them too much to handle. Prison break (Nigerian version)
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by kstix(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
cyojunior1:

U mean ur dad is also a prisoner ?
hahahaha. Dude why r u so mean.. Are u saying his dad was sent to prison for a crime and was asleep while others were breaking out? Thats not fair o.
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by IMASTEX: 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hmm. the labour market is ever increasing.
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
sunychuks:

"Was not" pls
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by ebereokey(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
I didn't support their sacking.hence the first person that conive with the jail breakers should be jail for life..not to kill oh abeg
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
[quote author=cyojunior1 post=48528343]

U mean ur dad is also a prisoner ?[I don't normally reply comment here but u just prove u are an idiot
Re: FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
ceejay80s:

It wasn't planned that day , so never breathe slow, let wait till after investigation, if u have watched prison break, u go know say the plan reach 1 month before dem escape
investigation will prove you were the master planner

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation / INEC Officials Colluding With Gov Emmanuel, Akpabio Alleges / Enugu Govt Bans Unapproved Speed Breakers On Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.