Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Catholism Is False Religion!!! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholism Is False Religion!!! (10473 Views)

A Very Simple Logic To Know False Religion / The Theory Of Pre-tribulation Rapture Is False. / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Adeboye's False Preaching Leads To Poverty. #FreeTheSheeple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
Ubenedictus:

Paul didn't say every one was a minister [/b]he was talking about himself and those who were his co-ministers as minister of the new testament not the whole Church, read what he wrote he was talking using we, ourselves to refer to the himself and his co-ministers and used "you" to refer to the Church in Corinth
2 cor 3 from vs 1

Do [b]we begin again to commend ourselves? or
need we, as some others,
epistles of
commendation to you, or letters of commendation
from you?

Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known
and read of all men:
Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be
the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not
with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not
in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the
heart.

And such trust have we through Christ to God-
ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think
any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of
God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the
new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit:
for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

he clearly says they that is the apostles and co are the ministers while the Church is merely the epistle.

read the Bible in context.

the word ἱερουργοῦντα wasn't even used in that passage.
really Paul wasn't calling the whole church fellow ministers? I read it in context. Paul wasn't implying what you wrote .
The church where not 'merely' epistles you were erroneously taught.

Ephesians 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

You see that every believer is given grace according to their gift for the work of the ministry.
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2018
solite3:
really Paul wasn't calling the whole church fellow ministers? I read it in context. Paul wasn't implying what you wrote .
The church where not 'merely' epistles you were erroneously taught.

Ephesians 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

You see that every believer is given grace according to their gift for the work of the ministry.

you have jumped from Corinthians to Ephesians

and he gave some, apostles; and some,
prophets; and some, evangelists; and some,
pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work
of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of
Christ:

this is talking about the different gifts found in the body of Christ these gift which must be used in perfecting the saints, in ministry and for edification

these are the list of gifts in the Church and where they should be channeled into. this nowhere teaches that everybody is now a minister. and certainly does not say everyone is a ἱερουργοῦντα ministerial priest.

in case you still don't know those who minister over the Church. then read up.

therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your
fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ,
and a partaker also of the glory that is to be
revealed, shepherd the flock of God among you,
exercising oversight not under compulsion, but
voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for
sordid gain, but with eagerness; nor yet as lording
it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to
be examples to the flock.
1 Peter 5:1...

these are the people who exercise authority and ministry over the kingdom of priests.

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 16, 2018
Ubenedictus:
you have jumped from Corinthians to Ephesians

and he gave some, apostles; and some,
prophets; and some, evangelists; and some,
pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work
of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of
Christ:

this is talking about the different gifts found in the body of Christ these gift which must be used in perfecting the saints, in ministry and for edification

these are the list of gifts in the Church and where they should be channeled into. this nowhere teaches that everybody is now a minister. and certainly does not say everyone is a ἱερουργοῦντα ministerial priest.

in case you still don't know those who minister over the Church. then read up.

therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your
fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ,
and a partaker also of the glory that is to be
revealed, shepherd the flock of God among you,
exercising oversight not under compulsion, but
voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for
sordid gain, but with eagerness; nor yet as lording
it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to
be examples to the flock.
1 Peter 5:1...

these are the people who exercise authority and ministry over the kingdom of priests.

I had to bring in Ephesians to clear up what Paul really meant.

2 Corinthians 3:6[b] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament;[/b] not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Did Paul mean that only few Christians are ministers of new covenant or all Christians are ministers of the new covenant? That is not the case.

1 Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 1 Corinthians 7:20 Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

These verses reveals that All Christians are called into the ministry but in different ways.
But which ministry that of the old covenant or new? 2 for 3:6 certainly answers that.

Of cos there are leaders in the church but everyone is a minister. Not every minister is a leader but all are priests and ministers.
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
solite3:
I had to bring in Ephesians to clear up what Paul really meant.

2 Corinthians 3:6[b] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament;[/b] not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Did Paul mean that only few Christians are ministers of new covenant or all Christians are ministers of the new covenant? That is not the case.

1 Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 1 Corinthians 7:20 Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

These verses reveals that All Christians are called into the ministry but in different ways.
But which ministry that of the old covenant or new? 2 for 3:6 certainly answers that.

Of cos there are leaders in the church but everyone is a minister. Not every minister is a leader but all are priests and ministers.

you can argue this all you like, that doesn't disturb my point.

Paul never calls every Christian a ἱερουργοῦντα which is one who officiate worship as a priest.

your argument above doesn't even address my point.

all Christians render diakonia I.e service but not all render hierourgeo
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 19, 2018
Ubenedictus:

you can argue this all you like, that doesn't disturb my point.

Paul never calls every Christian a ἱερουργοῦντα which is one who officiate worship as a priest.

your argument above doesn't even address my point.

all Christians render diakonia I.e service but not all render hierourgeo
neither was peter calledἱερουργοῦντα. It was Paul's ministry alone
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Kolanist(m): 11:58am On Jan 19, 2018
The roman catholic institution(vatican) is a false church, the book of revelations 17 calls it "MYSTERY,BABYLON THE GREAT,THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH " .She is the mother of ISLAM;JESUITS;NAZI;COMMUNISM;OPUS DEI;MASONRY and some other .She was created a counterfiet church ,A EVIL GENIUS OF THE DEVIL to hinder the true gospel of Jesus&slaughter believer&make the inhabitants of the earth drunk with the wine of her spiritual fornication.click the link to find some information ~ http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=1077

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by budaatum: 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
solite3:
This thread is not for atheists.
U want me to answer your questions, open a thread.
This thread is to save souls
This thread is simply to condemn those you personally dislike by hiding behind words you put in the mouth of a god you yourself created.

You ain't fooling no one but yourself if you believe it!

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:42am On Jan 23, 2018
solite3:
neither was peter calledἱερουργοῦντα. It was Paul's ministry alone

haha,

I don't have the time for silly posts.

I have shown the officiating priesthood in the new testament as I said I would.

the same is passed on by the laying of hand unto ministry and continued from 1 AD till today in the Catholic Church.
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
budaatum:

This thread is simply to condemn those you personally dislike by hiding behind words you put in the mouth of a god you yourself created.

You ain't fooling no one but yourself if you believe it!
I don't dislike anybody
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ubenedictus:

haha,

I don't have the time for silly posts.

I have shown the officiating priesthood in the new testament as I said I would.

the same is passed on by the laying of hand unto ministry and continued from 1 AD till today in the Catholic Church.
I simply use your logic at you since you said Paul was a priest. All Christians are officiating priesthood in the new testament. Paul's use of that word was figurative. It describes his ministry to the gentles.
Where did you show me officiating priest from the bible?

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

From this verse you can see that all Christians are priests.

Paul refered himself as a minister to do one thing which is preaching the word. Which of cause is also the calling of Christians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslims Rape 9 Year Old Girls And Then Pray To Allah / Stop Joking With Hell Fire / Our Daily Manna Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.