Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Catholism Is False Religion!!! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholism Is False Religion!!! (10577 Views)

A Very Simple Logic To Know False Religion / The Theory Of Pre-tribulation Rapture Is False. / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Adeboye's False Preaching Leads To Poverty. #FreeTheSheeple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2016
solite3:
that you don't understand something doesn't mean it is jargon.

Please go and find out the meaning of jargon. I suspect you think it means something else.

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

Haba Chief, if you are being honest you would admit I was giving another example of bigotry you raised in your post where some paste non original works here and not able to defend is as they aren't the author

Okay! Let us move on with the main issue now.

Surprisingly for you there is such thing as a distinction of 'royal law' and 'moses law' received from angels.

Could you point me to the bible passage that talks about the distinction of Royal Law and Moses Law.

And you didn't address the fact that Exodus 20 and exodus 21 are part of one same Narrative in which Yahweh is directly addressing Moses, Not an angel as you claimed.

I think you aren't familiar with the phrase royal law and not aware why they are called royal laws

No, I'm not familiar with it from the bible. Can you show me where it is mentioned in the bible?

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
PastorAIO:

Please go and find out the meaning of jargon. I suspect you think it means something else.
you don't have anything meaningful to say.
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by MuttleyLaff: 7:47am On Sep 01, 2016
PastorAIO:
Okay! Let us move on with the main issue now.
Why not. Sounds like a good idea to knuckle down

PastorAIO:
Could you point me to the bible passage that talks about the distinction of Royal Law and Moses Law
Your wish is my command
One out of the many passages is Daniel 9:10-11
Verse 10 talks of the former (i.e. royal law), whilst verse 11 talks of the latter (i.e. Moses Law)

Another hint about the royal law is found in James 2:8

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
- James 2:8 KJV

PastorAIO:
And you didn't address the fact that Exodus 20 and exodus 21 are part of one same Narrative in which Yahweh is directly addressing Moses, Not an angel as you claimed
I thought your eagle eyes would've picked up this from Galatians 3:19 that I earlier posted

Never mind, along with other verses (e.g. Judges 2:1 etcetera), Galatians 3:19 is now repeated
and it with other verses are appropriately underlined to highlight the divine agent(s) (i.e. angel(s) or God's representative(s)) roles concerning how Yahweh addressed Moses in Exodus 20 and Exodus 21

You deliberately disobeyed God's law, even though you received it from the hands of angels
- Acts 7:53 NLT

For the message God delivered through angels has always stood firm, and every violation of the law and every act of disobedience was punished
- Hebrews 2:2 NLT

Why, then, was the law given?
It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins.
But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised.
God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people
- Galatians 3:19 NLT

20“See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you.
21 Pay close attention to him, and obey his instructions.
Do not rebel against him, for he is my representative, and he will not forgive your rebellion
- Exodus 23:20-21 NLT

The angel of the LORD went up from Gilgal to Bokim and said to the Israelites,
"I brought you out of Egypt in to this land that I swore to give your ancestors, and I said I would never break my covenant with you
- Judges 2:1 NLT
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by btoks: 8:50am On Sep 01, 2016
solite3:
i have no time to argue with you.
Rather you've no points to argue with.

I've given you some points unfortunately you have no valid rebuttal.

I'll suggest you do a proper research on the Catholic Church before you make rehashed anticatholic statements. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 9:45am On Sep 01, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Why not. Sounds like a good idea to knuckle down

Your wish is my command
One out of the many passages is Daniel 9:10-11
Verse 10 talks of the former (i.e. royal law), whilst verse 11 talks of the latter (i.e. Moses Law)

10 We have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in His laws, which He set before us by His servants the prophets. 11 Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him.

This is the passage. There is no mention of Royal law as distinct from Moses' law.

Another hint about the royal law is found in James 2:8

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
- James 2:8 KJV

Haba!! Haba!! That passage is referring to the Shema. Why are you trying to twist it now? Shema is also known as the Great commandment, and the King of the commandments. In this case James was referring to it as the royal commandment to show that it is the most important of the commandments.

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

There is not mention of the royal law being a certain part of the OT laws separate from mosaic laws. There is only 1 royal law and it is the Shema.

[size=5pt]I thought your eagle eyes would've picked up this from Galatians 3:19 that I earlier posted

Never mind, along with other verses (e.g. Judges 2:1 etcetera), Galatians 3:19 is now repeated
and it with other verses are appropriately underlined to highlight the divine agent(s) (i.e. angel(s) or God's representative(s)) roles concerning how Yahweh addressed Moses in Exodus 20 and Exodus 21

You deliberately disobeyed God's law, even though you received it from the hands of angels
- Acts 7:53 NLT

For the message God delivered through angels has always stood firm, and every violation of the law and every act of disobedience was punished
- Hebrews 2:2 NLT

Why, then, was the law given?
It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins.
But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised.
God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people
- Galatians 3:19 NLT

20“See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you.
21 Pay close attention to him, and obey his instructions.
Do not rebel against him, for he is my representative, and he will not forgive your rebellion
- Exodus 23:20-21 NLT

The angel of the LORD went up from Gilgal to Bokim and said to the Israelites,
"I brought you out of Egypt in to this land that I swore to give your ancestors, and I said I would never break my covenant with you
- Judges 2:1 NLT[/size]

All these things that you have written does not address the fact that Exodus 20 and 21 are one single narrative between Yahweh, the Israelites and Moses.

It starts like this: [size=16pt]1And God spoke all these words, saying,[/size]

It is a known and common fact that in the bible Yahweh is often conflated with Angel of Yahweh.

Exodus 13:21
And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

Exodus 14:19
The angel of God, who had been going before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud moved from before them and stood behind them.

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by MuttleyLaff: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2016
PastorAIO:

10 We have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in His laws, which He set before us by His servants the prophets. 11 Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him.

This is the passage. There is no mention of Royal law as distinct from Moses' law
Here you go again Chief. What is Shema please?
Now tell, what is its relationship and connection in Daniel 9:10?

PastorAIO:
Haba!! Haba!! That passage is referring to the Shema. Why are you trying to twist it now? Shema is also known as the Great commandment, and the King of the commandments. In this case James was referring to it as the royal commandment to show that it is the most important of the commandments.

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

There is not mention of the royal law being a certain part of the OT laws separate from mosaic laws. There is only 1 royal law and it is the Shema
What else is Shema known to be Chief?
Am being straight and all above board with you Chief, no magomago or wuruwuru to the answer.

PastorAIO:
All these things that you have written does not address the fact that Exodus 20 and 21 are one single narrative between Yahweh, the Israelites and Moses.

It starts like this: 1And God spoke all these words, saying,

It is a known and common fact that in the bible Yahweh is often conflated with Angel of Yahweh.

Exodus 13:21
And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

Exodus 14:19
The angel of God, who had been going before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud moved from before them and stood behind them
Yes because the angel stood in for Yahweh, a divine agent or Yahweh's representative as it were
Afterall it is common knowledge angel means messenger, in this case Yahweh's messenger
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Now tell, what is its relationship and connection in Daniel 9:10?

The onus is on you to explain what Daniel 9:10 has to do with anything that we're discussing, not the other way. Don't try to lead me up an irrelevant tangent. Unless you can explain to me what Daniel 9:10 says about distinguishing a 'royal law' from a mosaic law, I'll have to dismiss it as irrelevant.

Shema is the cornerstone of Judaism. It plays the same role that the Shahada plays in Islam. No Shema, no Judaism.

Shema literally means "Hear". Shema Yisrael = Hear, O Israel.

That is just the first word in the most important passage in the entire Jewish bible. That which James calls the Royal Law. You are taking it totally out of context to create a new theology for yourself.

You'll find it in Deuteronomy chapter 6 verse 4.

The Greatest Commandment
…4 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! 5"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6"These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart

When Jesus was asked what was the greatest law he also affirmed that it was the Shema.

Matthew Chapter 22

36“Teacher, which commandment is the greatest in the Law?” 37Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and greatest commandment.…

Mark Chapter 12

The Greatest Commandment
…29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘ Hear O Israel , the Lord our God is One Lord, 30and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

Without this foundation, you can never understand Judaism and subsequently you can never understand christianity.

This is what James was referring to when he talked about the Royal Law.
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
This webpage is called Judaism 101

http://www.jewfaq.org/shemaref.htm

Check what it has to say on Shema.

Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shema_Yisrael

I'm being generous. You ought to have just gone and googled it for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

Yes because the angel stood in for Yahweh, a divine agent or Yahweh's representative as it were
Afterall it is common knowledge angel means messenger, in this case Yahweh's messenger

Did the bible tell you that an angel stood in for Yahweh, or are you just inventing more theology again?

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by MuttleyLaff: 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
PastorAIO:

Did the bible tell you that an angel stood in for Yahweh, or are you just inventing more theology again?
Yes, the bible as have earlier provided with verses tells that angel(s) stood in for Yahweh. I have nothing to gain inventing anything studying God.

Am on the road an had to be parking trying to respond but not as effectively as I would have liked to, especially regarding Shema etcetera.

You are making as if Shema just means Hear alone, it actually means more than Hear alone, as it means Hear and Obey, as in Obedience

I will return as soon as possible to justifiably respond to your posts above.

Thanks but no thanks, your websites are not an exhaustive meaning of what Shema is.

I will soon be back, once back in
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, the bible as have earlier provided with verses tells that angel(s) stood in for Yahweh. I have nothing to gain inventing anything studying God.

Am on the road an had to be parking trying to respond but not as effectively as I would have liked to, especially regarding Shema etcetera.

You are making as if Shema just means Hear alone, it actually means more than Hear alone, as it means Hear and Obey, as in Obedience

I will return as soon as possible to justifiably respond to your posts above.

Thanks but no thanks, your websites are not an exhaustive meaning of what Shema is.

I will soon be back, once back in

Thanks but no thanks
No wahala, it is not by force that you have to educate yourself on basic aspects of christianity.

You are making as if Shema just means Hear alone, it actually means more than Hear alone

MuttleyLaff:

I thought you were asking a question. Well I answered it.

Now please don't try to wriggle and wangle, I never said that Shema only refers the word 'hear'. I said the word Shema literally means 'Hear'. The passage starts Shema Yisrael... meaning 'Hear O Israel'. When one refers to the Shema everybody (except you) knows that we are talking about a passage of scripture that is held in the highest esteem in both christianity and Judaism.

When Catholics (to bring it back to the title of this thread) talk about praying Paternosters it doesn't mean that they just repeat the words paternoster paternoster paternoster. We all know that Pater noster is just the first two words of the most important prayer in christianity.

Paternoster is latin for 'Our Father'.

http://www.preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/Basics/OraDom.html

PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

OUR FATHER, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Let us get back to the basis of all this our discussions:

You made certain false claims about christianity and the Mosaic Law.

- You sought to distort the Mosaic law by inventing nefarious theologies that would allow you to pick certain law to uphold while you dismiss certain other Laws.

The royal law (i.e. the 10 commandments etcetera ) and the law received from the hands of angels (i.e. Moses' Law) though different from another, form the one body of commandments

The former (i.e. do not covet...) is an eternal command hence the reason for saying yes
the latter (i.e. eye for an eye) beside my original or earlier correct ''you arent meant to be bound by this particular law of retaliation'' remark
is, as a matter of fact, intended for a different targeted audience

- You sought to do so by lying on the Shema and lying to yourself ( and only God knows how many others) that there are some laws called the royal laws which were different from the rest of the Mosaic law.

The only royal law EVER is the Shema. Not the ten commandments or anything else that your conceits might dream up. James states it clearly:

8If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it.
James 2.

It boggles the mind that someone can read that and conclude that there are some laws that are to be followed and others that are not to be followed. It is that same Royal law on which all the other laws are based. Love God with all your heart, and love your neighbour as yourself.

- As you sought to cherry pick through the Laws you classified one law spoken by Yahweh (Thou shalt not covet your neighbours wife) and dismissed another spoken by Yahweh (an eye for an eye) by lying that Yahweh spoke one and an angel spoke the other. However in the passage we find that it is all one narrative from chapter 20 to 21 and it is Yahweh speaking the laws through it all.

-You are desperately trying to discredit Catholicism and even threw a few irrelevant punches at Christ Embassy for no discernible reason. Can you not see that without an authoritative foundation what christianity is left with is conceited people like you who just keep inventing theologies without end (without even allowing the bible itself, for all your claims of sola scriptura, to rein in the colossal scale of your inventions). Why do you think you have such a desperate need to discredit the Catholic church. I have a few ideas as to why.

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
[quote author=btoks post=48922372][/quote]

I’ve done my research and the Church founded by Jesus in the first century on Peter is the Catholic Church. This is historical fact which you cannot debunk.
Post your research.

Where is this so called early church that preceded
the fact remains that catholic church is not the first church.

the CC, surely you must be evidence for it? Please let us have this info.

History of Christianity
This article is about the history of Christianity. For books and media dealing with the "History of Christianity", see History of Christianity (disambiguation).
The history of Christianity concerns the Christian religion, Christendom, and the Church with its various denominations, from the 1st century to the present.

Christianity emerged in the Levant in the mid-1st century AD. Christianity spread initially from Jerusalem throughout the Near East, into places such as Aram, Assyria, Mesopotamia, Phoenicia, Asia Minor, Jordan and Egypt. In the 4th century it was successively adopted as the state religion by Armenia in 301, Georgia in 319,[1][2] the Aksumite Empire in 325,[3][4] and the Roman Empire in 380. After the Council of Ephesus in 431 the Nestorian Schism created the Church of the East. The Council of Chalcedon in 451 further divided Christianity into Oriental Orthodoxy and Chalcedonian Christianity. Chalcedonian Christianity divided into the Roman Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox Church in the Great Schism of 1054. The Protestant Reformation which began in the 1500s created new Christian communities that separated from the Roman Catholic Church and have evolved into many different denominations.

Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christianity spread to all of Europe in the Middle Ages. Christianity expanded throughout the world during Europe's Age of Exploration from the Renaissance onwards, becoming the world's largest religion.[5] Today there are more than two billion Christians worldwide.[6]

Early Christianity (c.31/33–325) Edit

For early New Testament history, see Ministry of Jesus and Canonical gospels.
For history between the Old and New Testaments, see Intertestamental period.
Main article: History of early Christianity
During its early history, Christianity grew from a 1st-century Jewish following to a religion that existed across the entire Greco-Roman world and beyond.

Early Christianity may be divided into 2 distinct phases: the apostolic period, when the first apostles were alive and led the Church, and the post-apostolic period, when an early episcopal structure developed, and persecution was periodically intense. The Roman persecution of Christians ended in AD 313 when Constantine the Great decreed tolerance for the religion. He then called the First Council of Nicaea in AD 325, beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils.

Apostolic Church Edit
Main article: Apostolic Age
See also: Christianity in the 1st century
The Apostolic Church was the community led by the apostles, and to some degree, Jesus' relatives.[7] In his "Great Commission", the resurrected Jesus commanded that his teachings be spread to all the world. While the historical reliability of the Acts of the Apostles is disputed by critics, the Acts of the Apostles is the major primary source of information for this period. Acts gives a history of the Church from this commission in 1:3–11 to the spread of the religion among the Gentiles[8] and the eastern Mediterranean by Paul and others.

The first Christians were essentially all ethnically Jewish or Jewish proselytes. In other words, Jesus preached to the Jewish people and called from them his first disciples, see for example Matthew 10. However, the Great Commission is specifically directed at "all nations," and an early difficulty arose concerning the matter of Gentile (non-Jewish) converts as to whether they had to "become Jewish" (usually referring to circumcision and adherence to dietary law), as part of becoming Christian. Circumcision in particular was considered repulsive by Greeks and Hellenists[9] while circumcision advocates were labelled Judaisers, see Jewish background to the circumcision controversy for details. The actions of Peter, at the conversion of Cornelius the Centurion,[8] seemed to indicate that circumcision and food laws did not apply to Gentiles, and this was agreed to at the apostolic Council of Jerusalem. Related issues are still debated today.

The doctrines of the apostles brought the Early Church into conflict with some Jewish religious authorities. This eventually led to their expulsion from the synagogues, according to one theory of the Council of Jamnia. Acts records the martyrdom of the Christian leaders, Stephen and James of Zebedee. Thus, Christianity acquired an identity distinct from Rabbinic Judaism, but this distinction was not recognised all at once by the Roman Empire, see Split of early Christianity and Judaism for details. The name "Christian" (Greek Χριστιανός) was first applied to the disciples in Antioch, as recorded in Acts 11:26.[10] Some contend that the term "Christian" was first coined as a derogatory term, meaning "little Christs", and was meant as a mockery, a term of derision for those that followed the teachings of Jesus.[citation needed]

Please let me know how the CC fails the test of professing faith in Jesus. I am Catholic and what you’re saying is news to me with no substance!!
they are much, here are a few,
1.Mary honoring
2. Infant baptism
3. Purgatory
4. Salvation by works.
5. Praying through dead saints
6. Celibacy by oath
7. Image use in worship
8. Popery n all such
9.blasphemy

k back up your assertion with facts. Where is the church Jesus established? Certainly, it must exist as Jesus said the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
yes the gate of hell has been trying to prevail against Christ church by introducing heresies and pagan practices but God always preserve his church through his word.
The True church are those who hold on to the pure word of God although they may be few and scattered in history but they are there.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. [color=#006600][/color]
This verse reveals that true church of Christ were persecuted even to the extent of killing them.

Do you know that Rome catholic church killed and persecuted christians?

According to you when was the CC established?
Roman caholic was established by Constantine in 380 Ad.

I don’t think you read my response properly. SOLA SCRIPTURA is a false doctrine started in the 16th Century.
SOLA Scriptura is the teaching the scriptures are the only rule of faith. This is false because the premise the itself cannot be proven within the bible. Also, the bible does not tell us what books make up the bible.

Also goes against several scriptures where we are asked to hold on to sacred Tradition as well as written scriptures. E.g. 2 thess 3: 15

What has been declared as Scripture (by the CC by the way via Tradition) is correct. However, scripture is not the only rule of faith – you cannot discount sacred tradition.

E.g. via Sola Scriptura, a lot protestant denominations teach that the Holy Eucharist is not the body and blood of Jesus. By looking at the scriptures within the sacred tradition context, we know that the Holy Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Jesus.
i don't know what you mean by sola scripture is a false doctrine, is sola scripture a doctrine
What did Jesus say about observing Lord's supper

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
Agreed, where does Catholic tradition go against Scripture? Plus I’ll reiterate that the Scriptures themselves were declared as such via Tradition. Please careful what you class as coming from the devil

You’ve got nowhere to hide, you have stated that the CC is false. You have got to back it up. Unfortunately, you’re not a very good debater and your responses are weak.
you are contradicting yourself.
If your tradition is not against scripture, why are you trying to discredit it

Mark 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

You prefer the tradition of men to the commandment of God.
It is not surprising because men love darkness rathan than light.
People like you killed Jesus because of tradition.
Catholism persecuted and killed innocent people because they rejected the demonic traditions of catholism.

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2016
To those interested in the mysterious origin of the cult of Mary (maranism) called catholism.

THE ORIGIN OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately AD 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles. Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church? On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?

For the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine provided religious toleration with the Edict of Milan in AD 313, effectively lifting the ban on Christianity. Later, in AD 325, Constantine called the Council of Nicea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine envisioned Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time was beginning to fragment and divide. While this may have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the results were anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, but continued many of his pagan beliefs and practices, so the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity and Roman paganism.

Constantine found that, with the Roman Empire being so vast, expansive, and diverse, not everyone would agree to forsake his or her religious beliefs to embrace Christianity. So, Constantine allowed, and even promoted, the “Christianization” of pagan beliefs. Completely pagan and utterly unbiblical beliefs were given new “Christian” identities. Some clear examples of this are as follows:

(1) The Cult of Isis, an Egyptian mother-goddess religion, was absorbed into Christianity by replacing Isis with Mary. Many of the titles that were used for Isis, such as “Queen of Heaven,” “Mother of God,” and theotokos (“God-bearer”) were attached to Mary. Mary was given an exalted role in the Christian faith, far beyond what the Bible ascribes to her, in order to attract Isis worshippers to a faith they would not otherwise embrace. Many temples to Isis were, in fact, converted into temples dedicated to Mary. The first clear hints of Catholic Mariology occur in the writings of Origen, who lived in Alexandria, Egypt, which happened to be the focal point of Isis worship.

(2) Mithraism was a religion in the Roman Empire in the 1st through 5th centuries AD. It was very popular among the Romans, especially among Roman soldiers, and was possibly the religion of several Roman emperors. While Mithraism was never given “official” status in the Roman Empire, it was the de facto official religion until Constantine and succeeding Roman emperors replaced Mithraism with Christianity. One of the key features of Mithraism was a sacrificial meal, which involved eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a bull. Mithras, the god of Mithraism, was “present” in the flesh and blood of the bull, and when consumed, granted salvation to those who partook of the sacrificial meal (this is known as theophagy, the eating of one’s god). Mithraism also had seven “sacraments,” making the similarities between Mithraism and Roman Catholicism too many to ignore. Church leaders after Constantine found an easy substitute for the sacrificial meal of Mithraism in the concept of the Lord’s Supper/Christian communion. Even before Constantine, some early Christians had begun to attach mysticism to the Lord’s Supper, rejecting the biblical concept of a simple and worshipful remembrance of Christ’s death and shed blood. The Romanization of the Lord’s Supper made the transition to a sacrificial consumption of Jesus Christ, now known as the Catholic Mass/Eucharist, complete.

(3) Most Roman emperors (and citizens) were henotheists. A henotheist is one who believes in the existence of many gods, but focuses primarily on one particular god or considers one particular god supreme over the other gods. For example, the Roman god Jupiter was supreme over the Roman pantheon of gods. Roman sailors were often worshippers of Neptune, the god of the oceans. When the Catholic Church absorbed Roman paganism, it simply replaced the pantheon of gods with the saints. Just as the Roman pantheon of gods had a god of love, a god of peace, a god of war, a god of strength, a god of wisdom, etc., so the Catholic Church has a saint who is “in charge” over each of these, and many other categories. Just as many Roman cities had a god specific to the city, so the Catholic Church provided “patron saints” for the cities.

(4) The supremacy of the Roman bishop (the papacy) was created with the support of the Roman emperors. With the city of Rome being the center of government for the Roman Empire, and with the Roman emperors living in Rome, the city of Rome rose to prominence in all facets of life. Constantine and his successors gave their support to the bishop of Rome as the supreme ruler of the church. Of course, it is best for the unity of the Roman Empire that the government and state religion be centralized. While most other bishops (and Christians) resisted the idea of the Roman bishop being supreme, the Roman bishop eventually rose to supremacy, due to the power and influence of the Roman emperors. When the Roman Empire collapsed, the popes took on the title that had previously belonged to the Roman emperors—Pontifex Maximus.

Many more examples could be given. These four should suffice in demonstrating the origin of the Catholic Church. Of course, the Roman Catholic Church denies the pagan origin of its beliefs and practices. The Catholic Church disguises its pagan beliefs under layers of complicated theology and “church tradition.” Recognizing that many of its beliefs and practices are utterly foreign to Scripture, the Catholic Church is forced to deny the authority and sufficiency of Scripture.

The origin of the Catholic Church is the tragic compromise of Christianity with the pagan religions that surrounded it. Instead of proclaiming the gospel and converting the pagans, the Catholic Church “Christianized” the pagan religions, and “paganized” Christianity. By blurring the differences and erasing the distinctions, yes, the Catholic Church made itself attractive to the people of the Roman Empire. One result was the Catholic Church becoming the supreme religion in the Roman world for centuries. However, another result was the most dominant form of Christianity apostatizing from the true gospel of Jesus Christ and the true proclamation of God’s Word.

Second Timothy 4:3–4 declares, “For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.”
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Iseoluwani: 3:10am On Sep 02, 2016
PastorAIO:
All christianity today is FALSE RELIGION>

I know why you point fingers at the catholic church. It is all a part of your false religion to do so.

Most protestant faiths arose out of the conflicts in Europe in the 16th century when the authority of the Rome was being challenged.
All these other fake christians are defined by their opposition to catholicism.

The big test of the pudding as to whether a religion is true or not lies in it's products and its effects.

All these pentecostals produce christians that lack peace, that are fraught with all manner of neuroses, that are hateful, and generally miserable.
Anything that makes you like that is irreligious and a nasty toxic poison in society.

Go and read the history of protestants and KING TUDOR OF ENGLAND VII

READ THAT OF MARTIN LUTHER

when you do come back later and make meaningful comment
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Iseoluwani: 3:33am On Sep 02, 2016
solite3:
To those interested in the mysterious origin of the cult of Mary (maranism) called catholism.

THE ORIGIN OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately AD 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles. Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church? On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?

For the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine provided religious toleration with the Edict of Milan in AD 313, effectively lifting the ban on Christianity. Later, in AD 325, Constantine called the Council of Nicea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine envisioned Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time was beginning to fragment and divide. While this may have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the results were anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, but continued many of his pagan beliefs and practices, so the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity and Roman paganism.

Constantine found that, with the Roman Empire being so vast, expansive, and diverse, not everyone would agree to forsake his or her religious beliefs to embrace Christianity. So, Constantine allowed, and even promoted, the “Christianization” of pagan beliefs. Completely pagan and utterly unbiblical beliefs were given new “Christian” identities. Some clear examples of this are as follows:

(1) The Cult of Isis, an Egyptian mother-goddess religion, was absorbed into Christianity by replacing Isis with Mary. Many of the titles that were used for Isis, such as “Queen of Heaven,” “Mother of God,” and theotokos (“God-bearer”) were attached to Mary. Mary was given an exalted role in the Christian faith, far beyond what the Bible ascribes to her, in order to attract Isis worshippers to a faith they would not otherwise embrace. Many temples to Isis were, in fact, converted into temples dedicated to Mary. The first clear hints of Catholic Mariology occur in the writings of Origen, who lived in Alexandria, Egypt, which happened to be the focal point of Isis worship.

(2) Mithraism was a religion in the Roman Empire in the 1st through 5th centuries AD. It was very popular among the Romans, especially among Roman soldiers, and was possibly the religion of several Roman emperors. While Mithraism was never given “official” status in the Roman Empire, it was the de facto official religion until Constantine and succeeding Roman emperors replaced Mithraism with Christianity. One of the key features of Mithraism was a sacrificial meal, which involved eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a bull. Mithras, the god of Mithraism, was “present” in the flesh and blood of the bull, and when consumed, granted salvation to those who partook of the sacrificial meal (this is known as theophagy, the eating of one’s god). Mithraism also had seven “sacraments,” making the similarities between Mithraism and Roman Catholicism too many to ignore. Church leaders after Constantine found an easy substitute for the sacrificial meal of Mithraism in the concept of the Lord’s Supper/Christian communion. Even before Constantine, some early Christians had begun to attach mysticism to the Lord’s Supper, rejecting the biblical concept of a simple and worshipful remembrance of Christ’s death and shed blood. The Romanization of the Lord’s Supper made the transition to a sacrificial consumption of Jesus Christ, now known as the Catholic Mass/Eucharist, complete.

(3) Most Roman emperors (and citizens) were henotheists. A henotheist is one who believes in the existence of many gods, but focuses primarily on one particular god or considers one particular god supreme over the other gods. For example, the Roman god Jupiter was supreme over the Roman pantheon of gods. Roman sailors were often worshippers of Neptune, the god of the oceans. When the Catholic Church absorbed Roman paganism, it simply replaced the pantheon of gods with the saints. Just as the Roman pantheon of gods had a god of love, a god of peace, a god of war, a god of strength, a god of wisdom, etc., so the Catholic Church has a saint who is “in charge” over each of these, and many other categories. Just as many Roman cities had a god specific to the city, so the Catholic Church provided “patron saints” for the cities.

(4) The supremacy of the Roman bishop (the papacy) was created with the support of the Roman emperors. With the city of Rome being the center of government for the Roman Empire, and with the Roman emperors living in Rome, the city of Rome rose to prominence in all facets of life. Constantine and his successors gave their support to the bishop of Rome as the supreme ruler of the church. Of course, it is best for the unity of the Roman Empire that the government and state religion be centralized. While most other bishops (and Christians) resisted the idea of the Roman bishop being supreme, the Roman bishop eventually rose to supremacy, due to the power and influence of the Roman emperors. When the Roman Empire collapsed, the popes took on the title that had previously belonged to the Roman emperors—Pontifex Maximus.

Many more examples could be given. These four should suffice in demonstrating the origin of the Catholic Church. Of course, the Roman Catholic Church denies the pagan origin of its beliefs and practices. The Catholic Church disguises its pagan beliefs under layers of complicated theology and “church tradition.” Recognizing that many of its beliefs and practices are utterly foreign to Scripture, the Catholic Church is forced to deny the authority and sufficiency of Scripture.

The origin of the Catholic Church is the tragic compromise of Christianity with the pagan religions that surrounded it. Instead of proclaiming the gospel and converting the pagans, the Catholic Church “Christianized” the pagan religions, and “paganized” Christianity. By blurring the differences and erasing the distinctions, yes, the Catholic Church made itself attractive to the people of the Roman Empire. One result was the Catholic Church becoming the supreme religion in the Roman world for centuries. However, another result was the most dominant form of Christianity apostatizing from the true gospel of Jesus Christ and the true proclamation of God’s Word.

Second Timothy 4:3–4 declares, “For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.”

Agreed
Even that cult of isis was a myth in Egypt another version of it was Nimrod marrying his mother when he died and the mother claimed that she saw him again and that led to the worship of the sun God around December a festival that's still holds largely in Italy.

MARY MOTHER OF GOD?? ? Na Mary born God?

I hate them with perfect hatred

Because of their fragile and false doctrine a Saint z regarded to have power to intercede on a particular one and another one can intercede on productivity or childbirth.

Where is that in the bible.

MOST ANNOYING IS THAT THEIR SO CALLED INFALLIBLE POPE, ARE TAKEN FROM A PARTICULAR CULT GROUP CALLED JESUITS. ONLY MEMBER OF THIS CONFRATERNITY CAN BE A POPE.
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Iseoluwani: 3:41am On Sep 02, 2016
Following is a summarized paragraph with references found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) of many of the false teachings of Roman Catholicism. How do we know they are false? By comparing Scripture with what is taught.

-----------------------

The Catholic Church is the one true church (CCC 2105), Infallibility of the Catholic Church, (CCC 2035), Only the Roman Catholic Church has authority to interpret Scripture (CCC 100), The Pope is the head of the church and has the authority of Christ (CCC 2034), The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation (CCC 846), Sacred Tradition equal to scripture (CCC 82), Forgiveness of sins, salvation, is by faith and works (CCC 2036 CCC 2080 2068), Full benefit of Salvation is only through the Roman Catholic Church (Vatican 2, Decree on Ecumenism, 3), Grace can be merited (CCC 2010 CCC 2027),
The merit of Mary and the Saints can be applied to Catholics and others (1477),
Penance is necessary for salvation (CCC 980),
Purgatory (CCC 1031 CCC 1475),
Indulgences (CCC 1471 CCC 1478 CCC 1498 CCC 1472), Mary is Mediatrix (CCC 969),
Mary brings us the gifts of eternal salvation (CCC 969), Mary delivers souls from death (CCC 966),
Prayer to the saints (CCC 2677),
The Communion elements become the actual body and blood of Christ (CCC 1374 CCC 1376).

See them false doctrine na wetin teach us for SACRED HEART COLLEGE BE THAT

I WILL RATHER GO TO A CHURCH WHERE THERE Z DIE BY FIRE, DESTORY THEM, KILL THEM THAN GO N BOW DOWN TO IMAGE AND BE READING ROSARY, IRANU

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 8:04am On Sep 02, 2016
Iseoluwani:

This is the perfect summation of everything that is in your heart and all that you are.

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Iseoluwani: 8:39am On Sep 02, 2016
PastorAIO:

This is the perfect summation of everything that is in your heart and all that you are.

C your life it even in the Bible I bet you never heard of it nor read it before. Not surprised 99% of catholic cant open the bible

Psalm 139:21-22
Do I not hate them that hate thee, O Lord?
And do I not loathe them that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 8:43am On Sep 02, 2016
Iseoluwani:

I know the vast history of protestantism. What aspect of it exactly are you referring to?

Also, who is King Tudor? I know there were 3 Tudor kings in England. Maybe you were referring to one of them.

There was Henry VII. There was Henry VIII. There was Edward VI. Which King, and what is it about any of them that contradicts what I said?

Martin Luther did many things in his life. What exactly is it about is life that you want me to be aware of? Is it his virulent hatred of Jews? Is it his attempts to take the Letter of James out of the bible because it didn't fit in with his ideology? Please, What is so pertinent in the history of Martin Luther with regards what we are discussing here.
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by PastorAIO: 8:44am On Sep 02, 2016
Iseoluwani:

C your life it even in the Bible I bet you never heard of it nor read it before. Not surprised 99% of catholic cant open the bible

I count them my enemies.

It is still the perfect summation of what you are and what is in your heart.

Further more there is also adultery and murder in the bible. Do you want to do those ones too?

1 Like

Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by raphieMontella: 2:01am On Sep 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

lol... Martin luther? Oh that guy that said lying can get u into heaven... Protestants indeed!
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by raphieMontella: 2:02am On Sep 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

I count them my enemies.
what happened to turn the other cheek?
And love your enemies?
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Raphael81(m): 5:27am On Sep 03, 2016
solite3:
Catholicism is not a Christian religion
I can say with a fair amount of certainty that all popes that have ever pontificated are in hell now.

I do not say this with any sense of glee or happiness. The real fact of hell and people there who had the chance to accept Jesus, but didn’t, and are now in eternal torment, saddens me to the point of tears.

But I said what I said bluntly because I want to cut through the “political correctness” to penetrate the mind of those who give sway to any kind of notion that Catholicism is a true faith. It is not.

I can say without fear and with absolute certainty that Roman Catholic Church is a false religion. Why is it false, I was asked. Here are just a few examples:
Catholics worship Mary as a Queen of Heaven. They believe she intercedes for us in heaven. She does not. Jesus Christ is our intercessor. (Romans 8:34)
Rosary, a meaningless repetition of prayers which are worthless to God. (Matthew 6:7).
Selling forgiveness for money (indulgences)
Additions to and subtractions from the bible
Purgatory, a completely made-up notion. in accordance with Catholic teaching is a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions.
Pope’s “infallibility”, earthly substitution for Jesus (‘vicar' of Christ)
Priests forgiving men of sins. Shortly before His ascension, Jesus said to his apostles: “whose soever sins ye forgive, they are forgiven unto them; whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained” (John 20:23). The Roman Catholic Church teaches that Christ was actually granting to the apostles the authority to forgive sins, and that the apostles passed on to their successors (supposedly the Roman priesthood) the same license to pardon sin. This position is false.
Different classification of sins (mortal, venial). FMI on the falsity of mortal and venial sins, read here
Deletion of second commandment. It says "You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments." (Exodus 20:4-6 RSV)' Obviously this presents a problem for the RCC, which indeed makes graven images and bows down to them. So they deleted that commandment.
Transubstantiation, the is the doctrine that, in the Eucharist, the substance of the bread and the wine used in the sacrament is changed into the substance of the Body and the Blood of Jesus. Not true.
Works & tradition related salvation, not faith alone
The Pope is the one who is in charge of protecting and promoting all these false doctrines. When Pope John Paul II died, John MacArthur said, "And the question came up, is the Pope in heaven? And you hear all these people say, "Yes, yes, yes." People have asked me, "Is the Pope in heaven?" And my answer is, "Is the Pope Catholic?" Isn't that the answer? I think he is, I think the Pope is Catholic. Does he believe Catholic theology? Yes. He is the guardian of Catholic theology. Do you get to heaven by works, by Mary, by Penance, by Baptism, by confession, by Rosary? No. This is another gospel. This is not the true gospel.”

You speak like a very stark and uncultured illiterate, do catholics worship or honour Mary? Did God abandon her after the birth of his son? If yes, then is God a stupid God? You have not at your age read about how she intereceded for non Catholics? Bro you are daft
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Raphael81(m): 5:29am On Sep 03, 2016
solite3:
"At the consecration of Roman Catholic bishops there is an oath of allegiance to the Pope. Whenever a bishop is consecrated, an allegiance oath is given. Here's what it says, "With all my power I will persecute and make war on all heretics, schismatics and those who rebel against our Lord the Pope, and all his successors, so help me, God, and these holy gospels of God." So you swear to make war on anybody who rebels against the Pope. Where is humility in this? Romanism is a gigantic system of Church worship, sacrament worship, Mary worship, saint worship, image worship, relic worship, priest worship and Pope worship. J.C. Ryle was right when he said, "It's a huge organized idolatry. A man wearing a gold crown, triple decked with jewels worth millions? A cardinal's garb that costs tens of thousands of dollars?" Peter said, "Silver and gold have I not." Paul said, "I coveted no man's gold, no man's silver, no man's clothing." The Pope is surrounded by a dazzling display of arrogant over-indulgence, it is theater, it is nothing more than theater to give the illusion of God, the illusion of transcendence, the illusion of spirituality. It is a pompous display of wealth. It is a lavish indulgence in ridiculous buildings, ridiculous robes, crowns, thrones to cover and mask a sinful system like the whitewashed tombs that Jesus referred to. There was never such a thing as a papal coronation before the tenth century. And now the world has gone berserk over this as it if was true religion."

I entreat you, please read more to learn why the simple Gospel is the truth. God said, "You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you." (Deuteronomy 4:2). He repeated the warning in Revelation 22:18-19.

Where did your church come out from ? Who founded it please
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by raphieMontella: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
solite3:

the fact remains that catholic church is not the first church.
the first churches were in communion with the catholic church before schism oboi!

History of Christianity
the second pope is mentioned in the bible..
The fourth pope was also mentioned in the bible as well as contemporary sources stop crying!

they are much, here are a few,
this is not a scholarly thing to say!!
Learn to research dude..

1.Mary honoring
its like u disrespect your elders at home..what a shame!
Have you forgotten honour your father and your mother?

2. Infant baptism
go and read the didache and memoirs of the apostles before you start crying!

3. Purgatory
read the bible which the catholics gave you and learn!

4. Salvation by works.
Are you okay?
Matt 16:27 and many more

5. Praying through dead saints
is abraham dead? are you a living soul?
Was jesus a fool when he said the apostles will be with him in heaven as judges?

6. Celibacy by oath

hian!!...why do u swear oath's on your nysc? Or matric? Or in court cases? Oboi think!

7. Image use in worship
when yahweh told moses to make images was yahweh mad?

8. Popery n all such
on this rock i will build my church...
Remember

9.blasphemy
No meaning here

[s]yes the gate of hell has been trying to prevail against Christ church by introducing heresies and pagan practices but[/s]
??

God always preserve his church through his word.
The True church are those who hold on to the pure word of God although they may be few and scattered in history but they are there.
what do u even know is the word of god?

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. [color=#006600][/color]
This verse reveals that true church of Christ were persecuted even to the extent of killing them.
do u know how christianity started?
It started as an end of the world cult...
Do u know how many end of the world scriptures were written?

Do you know that Rome catholic church killed and persecuted christians?
oboi u are far from the truth..such dishonesty can cost u ur precious heaven

Roman caholic was established by Constantine in 380 Ad.
so?
When was protestanism established?

i don't know what you mean by sola scripture is a false doctrine, is sola scripture a doctrine
how did the books get into the bible?

What did Jesus say about observing Lord's supper
lol..actually..paul created the lord's supper so as to make christianityy easier for pagan gentiles..mithras cult carried out this form of cannibalism before paul stole the idea
and the gospel writers lated used paul's idea to construct a story...

[s]Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.[/s]
luke..this luke who clearly said he didnt experience these activities but are from what what he heard and what has been passing around.

you are contradicting yourself.
If your tradition is not against scripture, why are you trying to discredit it
what is tradition?
Scripture itself is tradition.

Mark 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
so you do not wash the pots u use at home?

Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

You prefer the tradition of men to the commandment of God.
It is not surprising because men love darkness rathan than light.
a stupid statement to say...

People like you killed Jesus because of tradition.
another stupid statement

Catholism persecuted and killed innocent people because they rejected the demonic traditions of catholism.
u should be thankful to them...if not u would still be a servant of ifa...
Or who knows maybe muhammed's soldiers(islamists) would have colonised most of the world and definitely africa and u would be an islamic extremist..
Be grateful boi!!
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by raphieMontella: 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Agreed
Even that cult of isis was a myth in Egypt another version of it was Nimrod marrying his mother when he died and the mother claimed that she saw him again and that led to the worship of the sun God around December a festival that's still holds largely in Italy.
?
Soo?

MARY MOTHER OF GOD?? ? Na Mary born God?
is it ur girlfriends vagin.a that jesus used to enter this world?

satan is cleaning your seat in hell lol!

[/quote]

Because of their fragile and false doctrine a Saint z regarded to have power to intercede on a particular one and another one can intercede on productivity or childbirth.[/quote]
was jesus high when he said the apostles will be with him in heaven as judges over the world?

Where is that in the bible.
how many times have u read the ''bible'' the catholics gave u?

MOST ANNOYING IS THAT THEIR SO CALLED INFALLIBLE POPE, ARE TAKEN FROM A PARTICULAR CULT GROUP CALLED JESUITS. ONLY MEMBER OF THIS CONFRATERNITY CAN BE A POPE.

wtf is a jesuit?
My God dog
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Endowed595(m): 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
My Goodness, OP. I was once like you, please meet a true strong Catholic believer to explain mysteries to you,
Let me help you a little.
1st: The problem started from the early One and Only church back then the Catholic church. This was during Martin Luther's time. He saw the evil in the Catholic church and fought for independence
2nd: Whether you like it or not we are originated from the Catholic church so we can call ourselves protestants, Pentecostals or wharever but in truth we are but REFORMED CATHOLICS.
3rd: what the christian body needs is love and not this silly excuse for love that OP is displaying here. Do u mean that God in all his mercy would allow the whole Catholic body go to eternal damnation, surely God would have evicted the wrong vices which were incorporated in the Catholic church,
4th: The only issue we should have with Catholic doctrine is the talk on purgatory, absolution of sins, and the honour accredit to Crucifixsm rosaries and images of Jesus, and the exceed honour given to Mary. Although honouring Mary is not wrong neither is the use rosaries or the lot wrong but the honour accredited to such vices are way above what is given to Jesus our Lord and Saviour. Honestly The number of times the Name Mary is pronounced by a catholic honestly exceeds that of Jesus. There is a statue of Mary at Fatima, lets not forget the story of Achan, Also we should know that Demons are able to kling to Objects, therefore making 2hatever honour to the object subject to the devil...
5th: how can the carrier of our lord Jesus Christ be of sin? How can evil begat good. How can a sinfull being give birth to a sinless being, Mary can be risen to the status of the lowest Angel
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
raphieMontella:

the first churches were in communion with the catholic church before schism oboi!

the second pope is mentioned in the bible..
The fourth pope was also mentioned in the bible as well as contemporary sources stop crying!

this is not a scholarly thing to say!!
Learn to research dude..

its like u disrespect your elders at home..what a shame!
Have you forgotten honour your father and your mother?

go and read the didache and memoirs of the apostles before you start crying!

read the bible which the catholics gave you and learn!

Are you okay?
Matt 16:27 and many more

is abraham dead? are you a living soul?
Was jesus a fool when he said the apostles will be with him in heaven as judges?

hian!!...why do u swear oath's on your nysc? Or matric? Or in court cases? Oboi think!

when yahweh told moses to make images was yahweh mad?

on this rock i will build my church...
Remember

No meaning here

??

what do u even know is the word of god?

do u know how christianity started?
It started as an end of the world cult...
Do u know how many end of the world scriptures were written?

oboi u are far from the truth..such dishonesty can cost u ur precious heaven

so?
When was protestanism established?

how did the books get into the bible?

lol..actually..paul created the lord's supper so as to make christianityy easier for pagan gentiles..mithras cult carried out this form of cannibalism before paul stole the idea
and the gospel writers lated used paul's idea to construct a story...

luke..this luke who clearly said he didnt experience these activities but are from what what he heard and what has been passing around.

what is tradition?
Scripture itself is tradition.

so you do not wash the pots u use at home?

a stupid statement to say...

another stupid statement

u should be thankful to them...if not u would still be a servant of ifa...
Or who knows maybe muhammed's soldiers(islamists) would have colonised most of the world and definitely africa and u would be an islamic extremist..
Be grateful boi!!

God loves you, seek him and you shall find him then you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Endowed595:
My Goodness, OP. I was once like you, please meet a true strong Catholic believer to explain mysteries to you,
1st: The problem started from the early One and Only church back then the Catholic church. This was during Martin Luther's time. He saw the evil in the Catholic church and fought for independence
2nd: Whether you like it or not we are originated from the Catholic church so we can call ourselves protestants, Pentecostals or wharever but in truth we are but REFORMED CATHOLICS.
3rd: what the christian body needs is love and not this silly excuse for love that OP is displaying here. Do u mean that God in all his mercy would allow the whole Catholic body go to eternal damnation, surely God would have evicted the wrong vices which were incorporated in the Catholic church,
4th: The only issue we should have with Catholic doctrine is the talk on purgatory, absolution of sins, and the honour accredit to Crucifixsm rosaries and images of Jesus, and the exceed honour given to Mary. Although honouring Mary is not wrong neither is the use rosaries or the lot wrong but the honour accredited to such vices are way above what is given to Jesus our Lord and Saviour. Honestly The number of times the Name Mary is pronounced by a catholic honestly exceeds that of Jesus. There is a statue of Mary at Fatima, lets not forget the story of Achan, Also we should know that Demons are able to kling to Objects, therefore making 2hatever honour to the object subject to the devil...
5th: how can the carrier of our lord Jesus Christ be of sin? How can evil begat good. How can a sinfull being give birth to a sinless being, Mary can be risen to the status of the lowest Angel
the bible has made it clear that only faith in Jesus saves. All others leads to hell.
Catholism leads straight to hell because it does not preach faith Alone in Christ as the only conditions to everlwsting life but instead teaches Jesus plus loads of other things.
Shalom
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Endowed595:
the bible has made it clear that only faith in Jesus saves. All others leads to hell.
Catholism leads straight to hell because it does not preach faith Alone in Christ as the only conditions to everlasting life.
Shalom
Re: Catholism Is False Religion!!! by Endowed595(m): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Explain why Jesus instructed Peter to carry on the Journey. Now your implying that all catholics would go to hell. Thats about 1 billion people. God is a merciful God my brother..
solite3:
Catholism leads straight to hell because it does not preach faith Alone in Christ as the only conditions to everlasting life.
Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? / Don’t Give Up (your Breaking Point Is Your Breakthrough Point) / Fifty Proofs That JESUS Is Not The Christ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 233
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.