Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator (20881 Views)

Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand / Naira May Rise Further Against Dollar As CBN Pumps Additional $195m / 3 Reasons Why The Naira May Appreciate Against The Dollar This Week! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:15am On Aug 17, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Been following your argument, I have to say I agree with you more. . . btw the US are basically slaves to China and Saudi, Saudi can mess things up for them any time they like that's why the US is still in support of their Wahhabi Islam Monarchy, with public beheadings and whatnot. Yet this same country is on the Human rights council. Isn't that ridiculous? Their debt is mostly to Chinese 'businessmen' (not really because China is communist, but you know. . .)
I believe most of our problems are square pegs in round holes. Coupled with self centered politicians who are only rewarded due to the role they played .
I wish youths can look beyond partisan politics and look at policies.

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by buchilino(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2016
progress69:

When u have little knowledge about something why not keep quite and just make a senseless comment. This is the most silly and foolish assertions i have ever read on NL.
Is not like any of the previous government have ever dealt with any other currency asides dollar, so where is this kangaroo subniss coming from?

WAT MAKES U THINK IT'S A FOOLISH ASSERTION, WAT IF HIS IS TRUE THEN WAT?. I DIDN'T FOLLOW U GUYS DISCUSSIONS BUT WEN IT COMES DOLLAR ISSUES, D WEST CAN DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING AGAINST ONE

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by itunity007(m): 8:17am On Aug 17, 2016
Chai bad news to my bitcoin cry
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:23am On Aug 17, 2016
HAH:

Most of our household personal gadget are from China but do yoiu know 70% of dollar demand is for import of petrol, rice and wheat?

If Dangote refinery will start and we have local sufficient production of rice and and wheat the Dollar may surely be below N200, yes the Yuan deal is also very good if implemented at least our importers will change their naira directly to yuan here and travel to china or buy online and further reduce the presure on the dollar but the real deal is Rice, Wheat and mainly petrol.
I agree that most of the dollar is for petroleum related products, virtual services and likes, our fuel products come from European , middle east countries, telco from the US and central Europe. Drugs from China, India ,Pakistan, england, automobile from Asia,Europe, automobile parts, Asia.
A shrewd manager will boycott OPEC, undersell to this nations,get their legal tenders and deal with them.
But then, modern age is a game of thrones interests
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 17, 2016
tomakint:
Appreciate? Ok we are watching.
But bubu be promise $1=1 naira during his electioneering campaigns na?

Abi dat na Another Promises Cancelled?

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I have asked that question before in a similar thread, half of our imports are from China, we have a trade relationship with them, why do we need the dollar.

It's not easy to remove dollar from the equation. The dollar is more than the "middleman". If China begin to trade with us without bringing the dollar in, they'll suffer a short in dollar supply no matter how little.

Remember, they also have to trade with other countries, so they'll need dollars to pay for whatever they are buying from other countries since just a few countries will take payment in Yuan. Not until Chinese currency is acceptable by a good number of countries, there's no gain in trading with us excluding the dollar.

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2016
gwine0047:

It's not easy to remove dollar from the equation. The dollar is more than the "middleman". If China begin to trade with us without bringing the dollar in, they'll suffer a short in dollar supply no matter how little.

Remember, they also have to trade with other countries, so they'll need dollars to pay for whatever they are buying from other countries since just a few countries will take payment in Yuan. Not until Chinese currency is acceptable by a good number of countries, there's no gain in trading with us excluding the dollar.
Are you saying the Chinese prefer to be paid in dollar than their currency, I doubt.
All we are asking the Chinese is, of you are buying something from is pay in yuan.
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by hucienda: 8:45am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:
I admire the OP's optimism .

But oga OP what happened to the Chinese Yuan currency deal you were promoting all over this section?

Yeye

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by bigtt76(f): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2016
Na today? Until all demand for forex has been met and no outstanding left, the Naira won't stabilize. As CBN pumps in the little they got, the more the 'hawks' will mop up not minding the rates hence demand continue to determine the rates angry

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2016
$1 = N1000 loading...

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by ephi123(f): 9:07am On Aug 17, 2016
All these "defend Buhari by any means" folks, I wonder how you guys manage to sleep at night. Na wa!

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by fendorf(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2016
Hopeful
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Okundaye4(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2016
Pa Bubu, we are still waiting o.

1 Like

Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by pat1612(m): 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
Dream but do they come true undecided
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Jacko1(m): 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
Abeg abeg abeg abeg

Aprreciate wetin

Naira fall

I lik wen ma uncle dey send me 200 dollar i dey collect 70k for moneygram

Na bank salary be dat..... Naira respect ursef and fall oh biko
Re: Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator by Yehman(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
Mitkelz:
Hope and Pray.
You seeh!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Price Rises Above $40 Per Barrel, OPEC mend Fences. / Waste Disposal Business / Naira Falls To N345/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.