Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand (13776 Views)

Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ / Dollar Debts: CBN Repays Banks Next Week, Naira May Rebound / Naira May Fall To ₦700 Per Dollar Over Oil Theft, Low Export – NACCIMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by Nobody: 10:10am On May 05, 2018
Oyetunji Abioye with agency report

The naira may ease against the United States dollar next week at the Central Bank of Nigeria’ s Investors and Exporters Foreign Exchange Window due to increased demand as companies seek to repatriate dividends after the end of the earnings season, coupled with portfolio investors taking profits.

Forex traders said the naira eased to 361 on Friday at the I&E window, from the 360 levels it had maintained for over six months, as some forward currency contracts matured amid tight dollar liquidity.

On the official market, the naira was quoted at 305.70, supported by the CBN’ s regular intervention. One lender traded the currency at 314.50/dollar on Thursday, according to Reuters.

The local unit closed at 362/ dollar at the parallel market on Friday, the same level it has closed since Monday.

The CBN had on Wednesday injected the sum of $210m into the inter-bank foreign exchange market in continuation of its efforts to sustain liquidity in the market.

The apex bank offered the sum of $100m to authorised dealers in the wholesale segment of the market. The Small and Medium-scale Enterprises segment received the sum of $55m, while the sum of $55m was apportioned to invisibles such as tuition fees, medical payments and Basic Travel Allowance.

The CBN Acting Director, Corporate Communications Department, Mr. Isaac Okorafor, confirmed the figures and reiterated the bank’ s capacity to continue to sustain the foreign exchange intervention. Okorafor urged Deposit Money Banks to continue to honour requests from customers with genuine needs, noting that the bank would continue to sustain liquidity in the foreign exchange market.

www.punchng.com/naira-may-drop-on-profit-taking-increased-demand/

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by CriticMaestro: 1:32pm On May 05, 2018
Make una do something about our 100 naira notes
From that 100 naira note u go know say our economy bad

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by onupeter(m): 1:33pm On May 05, 2018
Oga I am not understanding, is it that dollar will finally drop to 1naira per dollar as promised by PMB led government before been voted for, or it will drop to 358.5naira per dollar?

3 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by wildcatter23(m): 1:33pm On May 05, 2018
More money in the bank
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by BruncleZuma: 1:33pm On May 05, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by coken: 1:33pm On May 05, 2018
naira got no value before nw

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by linkers: 1:34pm On May 05, 2018
Naira! The ever useless currency apart from Zimbabwe dollars courtesy of Buharinomics

15 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by apatuku: 1:34pm On May 05, 2018
grin
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by Ratello: 1:34pm On May 05, 2018
Can we even hear something good from this government one day?

6 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by Notatribalist(m): 1:35pm On May 05, 2018
Good news for exporters,bad news for importers.that's life for you,one man's fall is another's rise..

3 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by kennosklint(m): 1:35pm On May 05, 2018
Buhari has finally succeeded in making 1naira equal 1dollar

9 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by oyetunder(m): 1:35pm On May 05, 2018
Drop or whatever...we just need to have money in our accounts and pockets.

1 Like

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by tolexy007(m): 1:37pm On May 05, 2018
sowore 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by jogsman01(m): 2:05pm On May 05, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Make una do something about our 100 naira notes
From that 100 naira note u go know say our economy bad
that � note sef..,.. I taya ooo

1 Like

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by Ekoishome: 2:08pm On May 05, 2018
Cheers
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by piagetskinner(m): 2:08pm On May 05, 2018
upon the foreign reserve reaching almost 50billion...

naira is still weak...God punish that daura misfit

4 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by Temple1288(m): 2:24pm On May 05, 2018
$1=N1
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by psalmson001: 2:25pm On May 05, 2018
Make election campaign start proper, then we will know the true value of naira against the dollar. Not all these padding CBN has been doing.
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by ibez007(m): 2:29pm On May 05, 2018
Drop!. Here comes the Chanji!. Lols.
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by zinaunreal(m): 3:03pm On May 05, 2018
Im just waking up from sleep and one naira was equal to one dollar for my dream, walahi if i dey lie ask buhari
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by verygudbadguy(m): 3:13pm On May 05, 2018
Ekoishome:
Anyone travelling and needs dollar bills old series please contact me. At 320/$. I have 1500$ to sell, Zero Seven Zero Nine Four Five Seven Six Two Eight.
Cheers
Your phone number no complete na.
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by Keywordconcept(m): 3:19pm On May 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by justtoodark: 4:11pm On May 05, 2018
easterners are not good business people....naira keeps dropping although igbos are mainly in charge..... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by justtoodark: 4:13pm On May 05, 2018
make you easterners dont even try it....!!

who is in charge of cbn right now....?...tell me hausa fulanis and i will dance a rain dance that thunda may strike una....!!... angry angry

1 Like

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by justtoodark: 4:15pm On May 05, 2018
igbos are not good in financial stuff.....

the naira keeps dropping and dropping....and they were mostly in charge since 1960....!!.....why...?!!!!!....

1 Like

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by justtoodark: 4:18pm On May 05, 2018
igbos are very bad in money stuff...they may know how to get it,but they dont know how to manage it..... undecided undecided

am just saying what i noticed..... undecided undecided

dare me....!!!!.... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by justtoodark: 4:21pm On May 05, 2018
am somebody that dealt in forex,derivatives,options,put,call and stuff....i nearly went crazy....

and i can say openly igbos dont understand finance..... angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by fowlyansh181(m): 4:57pm On May 05, 2018
justtoodark:
easterners are not good business people....naira keeps dropping although igbos are mainly in charge..... undecided undecided
this guy is a very big fool

4 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by justtoodark: 5:03pm On May 05, 2018
fowlyansh181:
this guy is a very big fool

tell me am wrong and will start dancing....

1 Like

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by justtoodark: 5:05pm On May 05, 2018
who is in charge right now in cbn....??...which tribe is he from...??

dont even dare.....

am didnt said he is doing a bad job...not a tall.....

am just saying igbos dont understand trade wars.....

finance was always a war....!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by justtoodark: 5:08pm On May 05, 2018
they dont understand finance......!!!!...simple....
Re: Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand by justtoodark: 5:10pm On May 05, 2018
i can even break down the word finance to you in a simple language.......war...!!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG, States Debt Skyrockets To N10.84trn -DMO / Crude Oil Prices Plunge Further / American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.