Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,353 members, 7,853,550 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? (3255 Views)

Lagos Govt. Promise Electricity For All Lagos Homes / Ambode Tells Fashola To Return All Lagos Buildings, Lands / President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by meccuno: 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Mynd44:
There are more than 15 million people in Lagos, more than half of them will agree than Marwa(who is not a Lagosian or from the SW), Jakande, Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode are governors that did and are doing their best.

That is what actually matters, anyone else who thinks otherwise is free to write articles and stay up all night with headaches.

I dont know about Peter Obi. I know about Dakwambo and Akpabio.
I know Amosun and Kwankwaso
I know Aregbe and El Rufia
I know a man called Donald Duke and I know the Anambra state governor

And yet these states dont have heavy media presence.

Funny thing is, I dont know the OP
I feel sad most times when I discover that you are a mod.....it saddens me

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by davidif: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2016
ba7man:
The best minds from all tribes are based in Lagos..... I believe.

They definitely can identify the right kind of leaders to protect their interest..........

Picture Fayose trying to gain popularity in Lagos with his stomach infrastructure...... he'll probably be sued to court and impeached eventually with such mediocre actions.

That's why they need to do away with State of Origin so that any Nigerian can be able to contest for a local or federal seat no matter where he lives. An Ibo guy who can prove that he has lived or owns a house in Zamfara should be able to run for Local govt chairman or Governor of the state he lives in and vice versa. Who knows a place better than the person who lives there but what you have is people going back to contest for a position in a place they have never lived before simply because there ancestors where from there. Naija mentality sef!

An outsiders perspective is very valuable because at times it takes an outsider to expose your own unclothedness. They see the things that you don't notice (or don't notice anymore) and that is why you hire people with fresh set of eyes to solve a problem within an institution partly because they are neutral and they see things clearly.

You simply can't solve a problem with the same kind of thinking that caused it in the first place. Haba! there is a reason why some companies clean house and get outsiders when things are not going well. If we could implement things like this in Nigeria, boy you see serious "change".
Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by davidif: 9:31am On Oct 17, 2016
aresssa:
@ Topic, it's all about competence, vision, sense of duty and purpose which you can not buy with money hence richer states with less than 5 million people falling short.

Delta state with less than 5 million people busted all their IGR, allocations, derivations and all the extra funds like NDDC is the largest debtor state in Nigeria. They owe N700 billion with ZERO to show for it and they still owe salary all over the place.

It has nothing to do with money, it's all about the individuals you put in office to rule you.

Obiano has all the media in the world and he doesn't leave home without camera men, large delegation, microphone and loudspeaker, but it's all noise and cover because there's nothing to show for it..

Fayose is in the media everyday, he gyrates around town everyday with camera man and microphone and loudspeaker, but it's all empty noise.

Aregbeshola with all his money challenges still commissions more projects than all the states in Nigeria apart from Lagos state.

Seriously, what is the issue with African people and leadership self?
Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by davidif: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2016
freeze001:
By Ena Ofugara

How come all Lagos State Governors from Marwa to Tinubu to Fashola and now Ambode are considered WONDERFUL governors, and yet Lagos is considered one of the smelliest, ugliest, most underdeveloped big cities in the world? Aside Adisa that destroyed Maroko or so, all are legends. If they were all so so good, why does Lagos not have common pipeborn water and why is she the "PURE WATER" CAPITAL of the world?

Is it because of the power of the press wherein they as governors control the media and then perception?

Is it because Yorubas are very loyal to their leaders and while "dobale"ing lie too low to the ground to be able to see clear theft?

Is it because in comparison to say Kebbi, or Ebonyi, the Lagos state government's civil servant to population ratio is the lowest in Nigeria, perhaps the world?

Is it because Lagos state, unlike Delta state and many others do not even have to build hostel and such for their higher institutions? Yes LASU has no hostel.

Is it because private companies help the government employ her people unlike say Edo state and Osun who must create civil service jobs or die?

Is it because salaries do not take over 80 percent of entire revenue of Lagos state unlike Osun or Adamawa?

Is it because every spit by a Lagos governor gets maximum visibilty unlike a Peter Obi that had to bite a lion to death present it to his people to be recognized as the best governor in Nigeria?

Is it because governors of Lagos are Yoruba or Northerners as in Marwa's case and they are allowed to be thieves without consequence?

Is it because a Lagos governor like Tinubu and Fashola cannot be asked where is Lagos two helicopters or Floating hotel?

Or is it because Lagos state governors can do personal website for 78 million and build garages for themselves with Lagos money and MIRACULOUSLY DO NOT BENEFIT FROM THE PERSONAL GARAGE as Fashola opened his mouth to tell BBC.

Do other states have the National port, airport and all the factors that develop a state. Do you know what an international port can do for Warri or Port Harcourt or Calabar?

Maybe it is because with Lagos population, BRT becomes big business while Edo Line is a drain on govt pocket

Or maybe it is that the Lagos governor can seize any market, even get people to burn it and whatever investment made by the state to rebuild it, upon offering it to traders, it will be oversubscribed and profit made, unlike a Kogi governor who to build a market is not profit but drain on his finances

Or is it because just to employ people as LASTMA and KAI is big employment of the people earning praise cos of Lagos population and traffic congestion, while an Oshiomole employing people as KAI must throw away people's akara or else no kpaje for them.

Perhaps if Fashola is judged by his inexplicably and unforgiveably large loans and what he used them for, from TRAIN (he and Amaechi, no difference. Unlike GEJ they wasted money on trains that has no future. DUMB) to road to Benin Republic, and the interest that will accrue, perhaps they will not be so venerated. But of course, no papers dare do this or the building your printingpress is in wil be sealed for environmental sanition reasons.

Perhaps if Yobe governor has Lagos budget, and few civil servant per population ratio, perhaps if all the headquarters of companies can help Delta state employ her citizens instead of creating DESOPADEC and having the state employ asmuch of her graduates themselves, perhaps if Second Niger Bridge was already built by Federal Government using Niger Delta oil money, as so many bridges and fly overs and third mainland bridge was built for lagos by Fed Govt

Perhaps like Marwa, who retired from Lagos governorship and bought an airline.. JANKOLIKO LIKE HE,

Perhaps like Tinubu who removed a higher institution and seized the land and built TVC and shared the rest to APC chronies and with Fashola. And who now owns the nursing hostel belonging to the nursing school,

Perhaps like Fashola who is rewarded with three ministries, after making Lagos the most indebted non-sovereign state in Africa

Perhaps other governors can be heroes too.

Surely there is something deeeeeppllyyyyy deeeplyyyyy wrong when ALL LAGOS GOVERNORS ARE HEROES when common pipeborn water the poor do not have. It means something is wrong with the ratings and yardstick.

Judging Ambode by the bikes and cars he bought and using that to rate him is not the best yardstick. Like Akpabio, Like Donald Duke, what has Fashola or he done that shows vision for Lagos in thirty years? What would be the debt profile for the loans taken to achieve that? Is buying cars and bikes so difficult? At what price even? Was it above board and receipts shown to the public or just another thieving avenue for Godfather Tinubu and Ambode?

So cool down with the praise for Ambode. Like Fashola has proven as minister of DARKNESS, ruling Lagos is like boiling egg and claiming to be a good cook.

Crab mentality, sometimes referred to as crabs in the bucket (also barrel, basket or pot), is a way of thinking best described by the phrase, "if I can't have it, neither can you." The metaphor refers to a bucket of crabs. Individually, the crabs could easily escape from the bucket, but instead they grab at each other in a useless "king of the hill" competition which prevents any from escaping and ensures their collective demise. The analogy in human behavior is claimed to be that members of a group will attempt to negate or diminish the importance of any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, spite, conspiracy, or competitive feelings, to halt their progress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by davidif: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2016
owobokiri:
Lagos most probably makes more money than say Togo or Benin, yet her governors are compared with governors from states like Anambra and Cross Rivers. . , states that make in a year what Lagos makes in a month. It is also striking that over the last 15 years or thereabout, Lagos administrators can only boast of increased reveneu generated through aggressive taxation without much to show interms of massive infastructural development inspite of the ever buldgeoning reveneu accruing to an over pampered state..

Lagos governors from Tinubu through Fashola to Ambode are grossly over-rated. Pure and simple. If you make them governors in Kebbi or Ebonyi, they will easily disappear in the thick of their massive underacheivement. The noise boils down to the fact that most editors of the media houses live in Lagos and are in bed with the APC political structure there. Otherwise there is no spark nor fire to excuse the deafening propoganda being churned out at the speed of light from Alausa.

Crab mentality, sometimes referred to as crabs in the bucket (also barrel, basket or pot), is a way of thinking best described by the phrase, "if I can't have it, neither can you." The metaphor refers to a bucket of crabs. Individually, the crabs could easily escape from the bucket, but instead they grab at each other in a useless "king of the hill" competition which prevents any from escaping and ensures their collective demise. The analogy in human behavior is claimed to be that members of a group will attempt to negate or diminish the importance of any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, spite, conspiracy, or competitive feelings, to halt their progress.

Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by 7lives: 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
davidif:

Now this is what i call " HOT DIRTY SLAP "

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by obaloppelujo(m): 10:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
they win the best governor award because governing lagos is like rulling a country while the non hostel in LASU you talk about is mere cos i have been to almost all the 36 states in this country and its rare to see them have hostels . But you didnt also say the positive things about lasu.
the new senate building , the new student arcade , the new libraray , the affordable school fee ( 25k and maximum 80k) for indigene and non indigene's depending on your course of study .
Other states are doing well too , have been to PH , CROSS RIVER , KANO , ABUJA ,DELTA and maybe BAYELSA yenagoa precisely.
You may also be right cos more attention is shifted to LAGOS....
Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by obaloppelujo(m): 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
They win the best governors award because governing lagos is like rulling a country , while the non hostel in LASU you talked about is not PRIMA cos i have been to almost all the 36 states in this country and its rare to see some states university have hostels (remember i said some). But you didnt also wrote about the positive things about lasu.
The new senate building , the new student arcade , the new libraray , the new auditorium ,the affordable school fee ( 25k and maximum 80k) for indigene and non indigene's depending on your course of study .

You may also be right cos more attention is shifted to LAGOS....
Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by ObiofOnitsha: 3:30am On Oct 19, 2016
aresssa:

Eko for show

Eko o ni baje

Center of excellence

Ti oju o ba ti eyin igbeti, oju o ni ti ilu eko...(You have to be a konk Lagosian to know this phrase and it's meaning)

These are not just slogans, they are call to duty and state of mind slogans..

No Governor in Lagos state is willing or will allow Lagos to dabaru on his or her watch, even Marwa who was not a Lagosian answered that call..

God bless you. God bless Lasgidi, God bless SW and all Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by denziz: 7:16am On Oct 19, 2016
Lagos nile,eko aromi sa legbe legbe,ilu eko koni baje.
Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by patrickmuf(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2016
Nothing critical about your summation here folk...
If you had done anything close to critical analysis you'd have factored in the population as well as do your research properly in terms of allocation/budgeting per state.

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by mikolo80: 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
ba7man:
The best minds from all tribes are based in Lagos..... I believe.

They definitely can identify the right kind of leaders to protect their interest..........

Picture Fayose trying to gain popularity in Lagos with his stomach infrastructure...... he'll probably be sued to court and impeached eventually with such mediocre actions.

bros leave dat thin
Hunger everywhere
Even Yankee de do stomach infrastructure
Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by Ade3000yrs(m): 11:40am On Oct 21, 2016
hmmm
Re: CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2016
modath:

Thanks. kiss kiss kiss

I can't like this post enough, so i'll do what big cats do, i'll roar!!!

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Birds of the same feather.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Buhari Should Have Spoken In English"- Femi Falana Criticises Presidency / Best Reply To Kadaria Ahmed "Fool" Statement On Twitter / Buhari Launches Helicopter Gunship And Others In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.