Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Steady Electricity.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Steady Electricity.. (1679 Views)

Onitsha, Nnewi, Others To Enjoy 16hrs Steady Electricity Daily -obiano / How Steady Electricity Will Change Our Behaviour Pattern And Culture / Is Steady Electricity Possible In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steady Electricity.. by blaq05: 7:51am On Aug 17, 2016
Fellow NL., There has been a steady electricity(nepa) for the past 5 days here in Lagos.. Are you experiencing that? Please share your thoughts. I wouldn't say I'm scared because this is exactly what any sensible government ought to provide for its citizens.. Good day all

1 Like

Re: Steady Electricity.. by Mustack: 8:14am On Aug 17, 2016
Same hia in Ilorin
Re: Steady Electricity.. by BiniShrine(m): 8:15am On Aug 17, 2016
Over two months now. It all started during GEJ time sha... We are getting there... Nice one Ikeja Electric Plc and IBEDC...

1 Like

Re: Steady Electricity.. by agabusta: 9:03am On Aug 17, 2016
BiniShrine:
Over two months now. It all started during GEJ time sha... We are getting there... Nice one Ikeja Electric Plc and IBEDC...

Oga keep quiet. You stated that the steady power supply occurred in the last two months and you are still mentioning GEJ. Was GEJ the president 2 months ago??

A lot of you guys have been abusing Fashola and calling him Minister of Darkness, now that the situation is improving, you still didn't deem it fit to give him some commendations.

Smh.

The power situation has indeed improved in Lagos. I have reliable info about this in Lekki, VI, Surulere and environs, Ikeja.

People in other parts of the country, what say you? Has light also improved at your end?

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J we need more opinions on the power situation in the country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steady Electricity.. by bolt000(m): 9:33am On Aug 17, 2016
In Ifo, ogun state.. its safe to say the steadiness has drastically improved.. still watching in 3D.

2 Likes

Re: Steady Electricity.. by goldtube(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2016
same here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steady Electricity.. by bolt000(m): 9:38am On Aug 17, 2016
BiniShrine:
Oga learn to give credit to whom its due to.

2 Likes

Re: Steady Electricity.. by Pidggin(f): 9:45am On Aug 17, 2016
O
bolt000:

Who is the credit due to?

1 Like

Re: Steady Electricity.. by kolawolem: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2016
The power has really improved in my area(Magodo)
Re: Steady Electricity.. by abbey086(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2016
Honestly speaking, I have never experienced steady electricity supply in my life like presently. uninterrupted electricity supply for days in Lagos, thereby, rendering my inverter and generator redundant. I normally switch off my freezer for days now before I can take anything out of it. The funniest part of it is that, as the electricity supply is getting better, my monthly bill is going down. Gradually, we will get there. Kudos to the federal government and the Ikeja electricity distribution company.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steady Electricity.. by blaq05: 9:55am On Aug 17, 2016
Dear all, I think it's very important to always call "a spade a spade" kudos to them for their efforts these days on the power sector. I'm personally hoping they do more on this regards. Indeed Nigeria is really more than this., we have what it takes to compete with the likes of USA, UK and other western countries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steady Electricity.. by funkyibodude(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2016
Is it not a shame that power supply is now a thing to celebrate in this co3, after more than 50yrs of independence Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Steady Electricity.. by babyfaceafrica: 10:00am On Aug 17, 2016
Same in iju ishagaSame in iju ishagaSame in iju ishaga

2 Likes

Re: Steady Electricity.. by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 17, 2016
It the raining season the hydro dams are active producing at maximum capacity it shows nigerians electric security is in the north..when mambilla come on stream with 10000 mega watts ...his gas power turbine are very unreliable with avenger and co wanting us to,remain in stone age

4 Likes

Re: Steady Electricity.. by ETHIX(m): 10:26am On Aug 17, 2016
Please don't be fooled and don't be ignorant of time and season. Every year around August and September there is usually improvement in the power supply due to the rain. This has nothing to do with any minister or government. But wait tI'll October you will experience the status quo.

Likewise in April to June every year there is usually shortage of tomatoes pepper etc. It also has nothing to do with the government. Natural effects takes place for the improvement in power supply and the scarcity of tomatoes.

Although the govt can do something to improve the situation but no government has done nothing till now but people hail and abuse the government in power due to their level of ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Steady Electricity.. by BiniShrine(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2016
Mr. Man, i have the right to air my view as it is to me so don't tell me to keep quiet. Its shame that we hardly give credit to those who went through hell to put a strong foundation rather we give credit to peeps who deserve little or no credit.

Do away with your hateful innate mind.

Mind you i work in the Energy sector and i know what each administration has contributed into the grown of the power sector so far.

NOTE: Stop generalizing, it's childish.

agabusta:

Oga keep quiet. You stated that the steady power supply occurred in the last two months and you are still mentioning GEJ. Was GEJ the president 2 months ago??

A lot of you guys have been abusing Fashola and calling him Minister of Darkness, now that the situation is improving, you still didn't deem it fit to give him some commendations.

Smh.

The power situation has indeed improved in Lagos. I have reliable info about this in Lekki, VI, Surulere and environs, Ikeja.

People in other parts of the country, what say you? Has light also improved at your end?

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J we need more opinions on the power situation in the country.

1 Like

Re: Steady Electricity.. by agabusta: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2016
goldtube:
same here

Where?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steady Electricity.. by agabusta: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2016
BiniShrine:
Mr. Man, i have the right to air my view as it is to me so don't tell me to keep quiet. Its shame that we hardly give credit to those who went through hell to put a strong foundation rather we give credit to peeps who deserve little or no credit.

Do away with your hateful innate mind.

Mind you i work in the Energy sector and i know what each administration has contributed into the grown of the power sector so far.

NOTE: Stop generalizing, it's childish.

Foundation? Obj set the pace Oga.

If you indeed work in the energy sector you should know that by giving his cronies advantage in the bidding for those discos, GEJ drew that industry back.

Many of the challenges being faced by the discos is largely due to their lack of technical competence.

Hate? GEJ is not hated mind you. He has his own ups and downs. I have always been saying it, why do some of you always scream 'hate' whenever GEJ is criticised?

It seems you don't know the meaning of 'innate', kindly check the meaning and appropriate it's usage next time.

In your cunny mind, you saw it appropriate to give credit to GEJ, and didn't see any reason to commend those that have been saddled with the burden for more than 1 year now??

Those that are being abused day and night for the power issue, Oga quit hypocrisy and give honour to whom it is due as u stated.

And it is not only you that work in the energy sector, your announcement is irreverent.

We have never enjoyed such throughout GEJ tenure. If you dispute/doubt, bring out your facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steady Electricity.. by BiniShrine(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2016
We have a new system in place which now makes it possible for the low monthly bill you are getting not minding the increase in energy. Sir, if you can check the Distribution Transformer supplying your area you would have noticed it has a METER inside. This enables accurate energy supply to me measured on each DT(distribution transformer), which we can now used in billing our meterd and unmeterd customers on that particular DT. Also, the reduction in ENERGY THEFT is another contributing factor.

abbey086:
Honestly speaking, I have never experienced steady electricity supply in my life like presently. uninterrupted electricity supply for days in Lagos, thereby, rendering my inverter and generator redundant. I normally switch off my freezer for days now before I can take anything out of it. The funniest part of it is that, as the electricity supply is getting better, my monthly bill is going down. Gradually, we will get there. Kudos to the federal government and the Ikeja electricity distribution company.
Re: Steady Electricity.. by BiniShrine(m): 10:49am On Aug 17, 2016
Oga, I did exactly that...
bolt000:
Re: Steady Electricity.. by agabusta: 10:55am On Aug 17, 2016
BiniShrine:
Oga, I did exactly that...

This current Administration is doing well in the regulatory aspect of power among others. When the situation is bad, you blame the current govt, when it is good,you jump and commend the previous govt. This is hypocrisy of high magnitude.

3 Likes

Re: Steady Electricity.. by Eazybay(m): 10:56am On Aug 17, 2016
See them, AVENGERS don finish? How come power don improve? Dis govt too like blame.

Op nothing changed. At dis tym and Dec we always experience dis increase but thank God all d same
Re: Steady Electricity.. by BiniShrine(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2016
I am sorry i used the word hate please.

I respect your points.

Not giving credit to OBJ is not out of ignorance but an omission.

Regards.
agabusta:

If you indeed work in the energy sector you should know that by giving his cronies advantage in the bidding for those discos, GEJ drew that industry back.

So you mean Atiku, IBB, Abdulsalam and Jagaban are all GEJ cronies undecided undecided undecided undecided.... Get some of your facts right sir.

Many of the challenges being faced by the discos is largely due to their lack of technical competence.

Hate? GEJ is not hated mind you. He has his own ups and downs. I have always been saying it, why do some of you always scream 'hate' whenever GEJ is criticised.
Re: Steady Electricity.. by solepager(m): 10:58am On Aug 17, 2016
There is this joke that use to go round about when i was a kid about this "nepa" man that sits behind this big meter and switch it on and off at his leisure thereby causing eractic supply. I told my sister maybe he has finally been sacked. Lol. But if it is because of the raining seasons like someone above me said..how is it possible to go a week straight with light with only 5 minutes darkness like my place here and throughout most lagos(reports from friends)
Its the second week now (96 hours) and they are yet to take it.
Even during the raining season there is light but its usually on and off not for this long period everyone's experiencing.
Pls people outside lagos we need your contribution
Re: Steady Electricity.. by BiniShrine(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2016
Help me ask the guy..
Pidggin:
O

1 Like

Re: Steady Electricity.. by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:04am On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:

Are you for real?, Ofcos, The same person that gets the blame when power is erratic. The minister of power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steady Electricity.. by BiniShrine(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2016
I can see you are really pained by something that's really far beyond my previous comment.

Announced that i work in the energy sector? Are you for real? If you are not proud of where you currently work Oga i do.

Oh, thanks for correcting me on the meaning and how to use the word 'innate', i do appreciate it SIR.

Cunning mind? sir its just my view and as far as i'm aware you dont have to go that far. 'IT IS MY VIEW'!!!

We never enjoyed such during GEJ tenure? You dont have conscience.
agabusta:

Hate? GEJ is not hated mind you. He has his own ups and downs. I have always been saying it, why do some of you always scream 'hate' whenever GEJ is criticised?

It seems you don't know the meaning of 'innate', kindly check the meaning and appropriate it's usage next time.

In your cunny mind, you saw it appropriate to give credit to GEJ, and didn't see any reason to commend those that have been saddled with the burden for more than 1 year now??

Those that are being abused day and night for the power issue, Oga quit hypocrisy and give honour to whom it is due as u stated.

And it is not only you that work in the energy sector, your announcement is irreverent.

We have never enjoyed such throughout GEJ tenure. If you dispute/doubt, bring out your facts.
Re: Steady Electricity.. by agabusta: 11:43am On Aug 17, 2016
BiniShrine:
I can see you are really pained by something that's really far beyond my previous comment.

Announced that i work in the energy sector? Are you for real? If you are not proud of where you currently work Oga i do.

Oh, thanks for correcting me on the meaning and how to use the word 'innate', i do appreciate it SIR.

Cunning mind? sir its just my view and as far as i'm aware you dont have to go that far. 'IT IS MY VIEW'!!!

Alright, I apologise if I was unnecessarily harsh. But sincerely, announcing that you work in the power sector is irrelevant.

I make bold to say again, that the stability we enjoyed for some period (about 2-3 months) last year like a month or two after Buhari took over, and what we are also experiencing presently was not enjoyed throughout GEJ's tenure. Now dont get me wrong that there was no power supply during GEJ's tenure. I'm just saying that peak was never recorded.

I have conscience and I'm stating it categorically. The stability we enjoyed for about 2months last year is quite unprecedented. And it is about repeating itself again now. Its not a matter of talk, just tell us the period (months or year if you cannot pin a particular month) during GEJ's time, that such power supply and stability was recorded.

2 Likes

Re: Steady Electricity.. by BiniShrine(m): 11:54am On Aug 17, 2016
It is alright bro.
Apology accepted and i am also sorry if i went too far with my words.
It is not irrelevant pls. It's like you telling a proud military gentleman contributing his quota to nation building not to be proud of his place of work.

Remember i said something about 'foundation'. If you could recall there was a period in time GEJ was seriously commissioning GENCOs and energy infastructure even though it was at the tail end of his tenure.

Thank you for acknowledging it.

Remember during Inaji time as minister?

The bottom line is we all want stable power supply all year round irrespective of who is in power.
agabusta:

Alright, I apologise if I was unnecessarily harsh. But sincerely, announcing that you work in the power sector is irrelevant.

I make bold to say again, that the stability we enjoyed for some period (about 2-3 months) last year like a month or two after Buhari took over, and what we are also experiencing presently was not enjoyed throughout GEJ's tenure. Now dont get me wrong that there was no power supply during GEJ's tenure. I'm just saying that peak was never recorded.

I have conscience and I'm stating it categorically. The stability we enjoyed for about 2months last year is quite unprecedented. And it is about repeating itself again now. Its not a matter of talk, just tell us the period (months or year if you cannot pin a particular month) during GEJ's time, that such power supply and stability was recorded.
Re: Steady Electricity.. by slimfit1(m): 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
When it is bad i blame JEG when it is good Buhari i do that too. But the man with excessive certificate disappointed me very much no be small.
Re: Steady Electricity.. by Pidggin(f): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Are you for real?, Ofcos, The same person that gets the blame when power is erratic. The minister of power.

I thought you said GEJ destroyed the economy which Buhari has been managing for over a year, don't you think he also deserves commendation for light
Re: Steady Electricity.. by bolt000(m): 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:
O
Apc/PMB.. Its A No Brainer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Protesters Shut Down National Assembly / Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention / Show Of Appreciation To Hungerbad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.