Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,157 members, 7,864,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention (1685 Views)

El-Zakzaky: Islamic Cleric Feared Dead In Detention - The Guardian / Zakzaky Is In A House We Built For Him, He’s Not In Detention – Lai Mohammed / Femi Fani-Kayode Out Of Prison After 24 Days In Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Friday 14 October, 2016

It is now exactly one year since the illegal abduction and detention of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra cum the Radio Biafra/TV, Nnamdi Kanu, despite influx of calls for his release.

For Nigeria, nothing has changed. Things has slid from bad to worser and frustrating moments for Nigerians. Conditions has escalated to such an unbearable height for the masses due to irrational and deluded manner by which the federal government has decided to treat sensitive issues. It seems as if Nigeria is a terrible nightmare to her inhabitants.

Yet in all these, Nnamdi Kanu and his supporters are still waxing stronger even in the face of tyranny and all forms of persecution by the government. They have shown to the world that their unwavering support in the struggle for the restoration of Biafra is unquenchable and cannot be bought or subdued with moneybags. And so that was among the reasons why Nnamdi Kanu is still in detention for his uncompromising stance against government’s perception and assumption that he could be easily bought over to be on their side.

Nigeria appears to have found itself in the middle of no return and so it is crashing and heading to a collision course. All the prophecies of doom has and is still befalling the artificial contraption named Nigeria.

We have witnessed the hostilities; the arrests, the torture, the heavy-handedness, the intimidation and the execution of innocent souls just because they called out for their freedom. That is the price the Nigerian state subjected them to because they prefer freedom over slavery.

If brutal persecution cannot deter them from intensely pursuing for their freedom, doesn’t that tell the government how serious and determined they are. Yes, Nnamdi Kanu was captured by the Nigerian government but has that stopped the Biafrans restoration project? Has that demoralized his followers? It has rather given them the strength and the necessary push needed to move forward with steadfastness and perseverance. Surely, this battle is of the Lord and the steadfastness just like Biafrans have demonstrated, shall prevail even when you deploy all arsenals to halt them.

In a genuine and justified pursuit for freedom, a determined, steadfast, courageous and fearless being will bring out his life and do anything humanely possible to free himself and his people from the shackles of enslavement, that is what Nnamdi Kanu represents, therefore his continued detention is a bad wind which blows no one good and so releasing him is a step to ensuring that the one who holds him comes in close contact with peace.

As Nnamdi Kanu marks his one year in an unlawful detention, Nigeria will know no peace, security, financial freedom and otherwise until he fully regains his freedom and Biafra nation is restored.

We are still appealing to men of good consciences and courage including Biafrans all over the world to continue in their resolution and steadfastness in pressing for Nnamdi Kanu and Biafra’s freedom. Nothing should be allowed to derail them in the cause of this heroic battle for the total emancipation of the black race.

By Chukwuemeka Chimerue
Published By Nwosu C.S
For Biafa Writers

Culled from

http://www.thebiafratimes.co/2016/10/biafra-nnamdi-kanus-one-year-in-prison.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:48am On Oct 14, 2016
First I owe no one an apology on my stance in this writeup.
That being said I strongly believe in the project called Nigeria and believe Restructuring is long overdue.

The continued detention of the leader of IPOB Nnamdi KANU has dragged on for far too long, with nothing logical being achieved.
In as much as his case borders on National security, it also invokes regional sentiments.
The popular belief that those who support Biafra are riff Raff's and PDP motivated has not dispelled the fact that whether they are riff raffs or not, they are entitled to their ideology.
Biafra has gone beyond a PDP presidential loss, as I witnessed during the last sit at home. People I never believed will withdraw their children from school that day did, and I know an oil service film, that didn't open.

People cannot sit in Abuja and other places and feel that a lot of easterners are not disgruntled. Even riverine and minority tribes are beginning to grumble, but most fear the domineering spirit of the Igbo's and would Nigeria rather remain one than stay with the Igbo's, if they can't go their separate ways.

It is high time the Federal Govt speedily attends to Nnamdi kanu's case, Nigeria is not yet detribalized enough for this case not to take a tribal undertone.

Justice delayed is Justice denied

The continued incarceration of Nnamdi KANU is raising too many bad blood, and people like us who speak in favour of ONE NIGERIA are being singled out in the streets amid other places ( note am a pro street) . Let the Federal Government bring this case to a logical conclusion.

Also a massive reorientation and reintegration process is needed in the East for this One Nigerian project. The elites don't make up to one percent of the population and should not be used as a reflection of the east

May God bless President M. Buhari
May God Bless and Keep the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 14, 2016
Happy Anniversary Sirangry

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Opharhe: 8:51am On Oct 14, 2016
So it's a year already.
My Sympatheties are with you, Kanu.
Fight for what you believe in.
To Buhari, I say #FreeNnamdiKanu

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Young03(m): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2016
so fast

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by makelove2m(m): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2016
Haters will soon come on board, spitting fires as if theirs were ok, shame to illegal detention .......

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:19am On Oct 14, 2016
Lalasticlala, Lalasticlala

I promise you one juicy snake story, if this thread reaches the promised land.

A lot of easterners are not happy.
Cc mynd44
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Armaggedon: 10:09am On Oct 14, 2016
Our hero

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by gidgiddy: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2016
I have never heard of or met any Nigerian who is as passionate about Nigeria the way Nnamdi Kanu is passionate about Biafra. I don't know any Nigerian living today, outside the armed forces, who would happily die for Nigeria as Kanu would happily die for Biafra. God knows that as an Igbo man, I would never die for a Hausa or Yoruba man. What many Nigerians do is to say 'I'm a proud Nigerian' even though everyone knows this is mere lip service. I think it is informative that in the last one year that Kanu has been in jail, rather than abate, the Biafran agitation has grown from strenght. IPOB has conducted global street protests in many countries, not one street protest has ever happend in the SE/SS area in support of 'one Nigeria'. If Kanu snd IPOB have achieved anything, it is that 'one Nigeria' does not exist.

Today, the Nigerian Government is now forced to continue the same Devlish process Lord Lugard used to create Nigeria in other to keep Nigeria one. Shooting of unarmed people, torture, illegal detention, disregard of the people's will and denying people their sovereignty. Nobody is fooling anyone any more, Nigeria remains the enforced amalgamation of people and only crazy people derive joy from an enforced union.

Kanu can hold his head up high just like Ojukwu, both were right about Nigeria being a huge mistake.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Clerverly: 10:33am On Oct 14, 2016
[size=15pt]26 Years To Go![/size]

Anyway, Happy Anniversary, the Dilector of Kuje Prison

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by muykem: 10:33am On Oct 14, 2016
Is this call for celebration? One Nigeria is better in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by abokibuhari: 10:37am On Oct 14, 2016
Clerverly:
26 Years To Go!
If I insult you now, you go go call mynd to come fight for you, adeke

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:38am On Oct 14, 2016
gidgiddy:
I have never heard of or met any Nigerian who is as passionate about Nigeria the way Nnamdi Kanu is passionate about Biafra. I don't know any Nigerian living today, outside the armed forces, who would happily die for Nigeria as Kanu would happily die for Biafra. God knows that as an Igbo man, I would never die for a Hausa or Yoruba man. What many Nigerians do is to say 'I'm a proud Nigerian' even though everyone knows this is mere lip service. I think it is informative that in the last one year that Kanu has been in jail, rather than abate, the Biafran agitation has grown from strenght. IPOB has conducted global street protests in many countries, not one street protest has ever happend in the SE/SS area in support of 'one Nigeria'. If Kanu snd IPOB have achieved anything, it is that 'one Nigeria' does not exist.

Today, the Nigerian Government is now forced to continue the same Devlish process Lord Lugard used to create Nigeria in other to keep Nigeria one. Shooting of unarmed people, torture, illegal detention, disregard of the people's will and denying people their sovereignty. Nobody is fooling anyone any more, Nigeria remains the enforced amalgamation of people and only crazy people derive joy from an enforced union.

Kanu can hold his head up high just like Ojukwu, both were right about Nigeria being a huge mistake.

I believe President M. Buhari is more passionate about one Nigeria than anybody alive and far more passionate than Nnamdi is about Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2016
Clerverly:
26 Years To Go!
You don big pass this kain thing.
Ngene

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2016
muykem:
Is this call for celebration? One Nigeria is better in my opinion.
No call for reflection.
We need restructuring

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by gidgiddy: 11:31am On Oct 14, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I believe President M. Buhari is more passionate about one Nigeria than anybody alive and far more passionate than Nnamdi is about Biafra.

Of course he will passionate about 'one Nigeria'. How else can he and his fellow Northerners have access to the Sea ports and Oil money?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by babyfaceafrica: 11:54am On Oct 14, 2016
Okay
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Uteghe(m): 11:59am On Oct 14, 2016
cheesy cheesy 1 Kings 19:17 (KJV) ''And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay''.
(The withdrawal of Tsoho has a prophetic tinge that has sealed the fate of Kanu and confirms the death penalty hanging over him like the sword of Damocles. The two judges that withdrew are archetypes of Jehu and Hazael. Meaning Kanu will be slain by the sword of Elisha - the next Judge. Adios Amigos. We won't miss him. Maybe condom sellers will)

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by chadwickcollins(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
The hero of our time

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by kettykin: 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2016
Uteghe:
cheesy cheesy 1 Kings 19:17 (KJV) ''And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay''.
(The withdrawal Tsoho has a prophetic tinge that has sealed the fate of Kanu and confirms the death penalty hanging over him like the sword of Damocles. The two judges that withdrew are archetypes of Jehu and Hazael. Meaning Kanu will be slain by the sword of Elisha - the next Judge. Adios Amigos. We won't miss him. Maybe condom sellers will)

If Buhari kills Kanu Buhari himself will be assassinated.

The universal law states that he who lives by the sword shall die of the same and Buhari is not an exception because even more powerful people have died not to talk of a retired army officer.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
kettykin:

If Buhari kills Kanu Buhari himself will be assassinated.

The universal law states that he who lives by the sword shall die of the same and Buhari is not an exception because even more powerful people have died not to talk of a retired army officer.
Buhari has no plan of killing Kanu.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by izzou(m): 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
Delaying this case is just making a mountain out of a mole hill

Am igbo, I also wouldn't want Nigeria to scatter. But at least giving their case a listening ear wouldn't be bad

Buhari has made Nnamdi kanu a hero even quicker than Mr kanu imagined

I know he will be set free. Its just a matter of time.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
izzou:
Delaying this case is just making a mountain out of a mole hill

Am igbo, I also wouldn't want Nigeria to scatter. But at least giving their case a listening ear wouldn't be bad

Buhari has made Nnamdi kanu a hero even quicker than Mr kanu imagined

I know he will be set free. Its just a matter of time.

God bless Nigeria.

Aside being released,
An avenue to reorient and reintegrate Igbos back into the Nigerian project needs to be reinstituted.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by izzou(m): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Aside being released,
An avenue to reorient and reintegrate Igbos back into the Nigerian project needs to be reinstituted.

All administration than came after the civil war always neglect this.

Buhari may be thinking he is doing our democracy a lot of good by ignoring this but he is actually postponing doomsday if this issue isn't addressed

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by macluvph1(m): 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
God bless NK

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
izzou:

All administration than came after the civil war always neglect this.

Buhari may be thinking he is doing our democracy a lot of good by ignoring this but he is actually postponing doomsday if this issue isn't addressed

It has dragged on for too long ,
What people don't understand that the Igbo way is different from the other ways.
Politics in Igboland is not local, meaning there is a huge divide between majority of Igbos in the east and Nigeria.
The next generation of Igbo youths needs grooming for leadership positions at community levels.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by babyfaceafrica: 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2016
Noted.....next!!!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by Aufbauh(m): 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
Make Una go siddon jare... Kanu's case is a non issue as far as PMB is concern.
We've tackle more dreaded sect like boko haram that threatened to rubbish our sovereignty and we've won talk less of one misguided gutless fellow who was trapped by his ignorance.

We all know that all these brouhaha will stop at the end of Buhari's administration and those agitators will change their songs because 90% of Ipob supporters were anti Buhari even before Kanu's incarceration.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by fedorahat: 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
Now now, one year don pass, make them pity this man make I'm run go back London na
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: One Year In Detention by cupidFlint(m): 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
the road to freedom is rough and narrow even Nnamdi knows it, but victory is assured.
long live Biafra
long live Ndi Igbo
long live Niger Deltans
long live Nnamdi Kanu

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest / Rat Trained by EFCC to Recover Stolen Money / Photos: Gang Of Eight Drug Dealers Including Two Nigerians Jailed For Over 30yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.