Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,561 members, 7,801,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? (25149 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / Chinese Company In Ogun Compensates Worker Crippled By His Boss’ Kung-fu Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by akinlolumichael(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2016
Hmm! starting a bakery is a nice idea. I have one in Ogun State. Here in Ogun state we pay bakers #800 per bag. That is, they are paid base on daily work. But if the business is moving on fine, u increase their wages. Like here in my bakery, I do pay my baker #1500 per bag. And we are baking like 7-8 bags of flour in a day. Now to start, you calculate your cost of production, I.e the amount of the following used to bake bread such as, flour, sugar, EDC, yeast, Flavour (not necessary), nylon, diesel, bakery maintenance, Wood( if it is mud or convertible), vehicle, workers wages, and so on. After calculating all this, it should be around #17000-#19000. And you will will use one bag of flour to produce bread of #23000... For more enlightenment, Whatsapp me on 08037526966... Whatsapp only... You are welcome...

2 Likes

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by cruzclinton1(m): 11:38am On Aug 19, 2016
Ok
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by cruzclinton1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
HAH:
Hello

I have almost completed the construction of my bakery, I want to have an idea how much are the staff paid? Should I make it commission based or salary based? I want to give them a competitive pay.

Thank you

Bro I can help u run the bakery smoothly( from production to administrative works) and I need job now as am jobless now. I once worked as a bakery manager before immediately after my NYSC(youth service) in my childhood friend bakery. I worked as the overall manger/production manager/and even the administration part of the bakery coz he hardly stay in d factory,so I have to control everything. He only come in and check things and go out again. In a nutshell, I can handle your bakery for you. Both the mixture,supervising the workers and the admin job,but I can't do all this for you,I will focus on one .....for the best result ( is not advisable to for u to give one person all this job,I will tell u the reason if u ask further.

For the workers salary scheme------ the*** BAKER ***is being paid pay bag,according to how many bags worked per day,u can decide to pay him daily,meaning in the morning after sales for yesterday work or u keep d records and calculate all to pay him month end
***other workers re payed monthly like *** oven servers/milling man/sales person/table workers,comprising of the dough cutter,dough molders re paid monthly

In bread bakery,we have this category of worker....baker/milling man/ mixer/oven servers/table worker and sales person

Ah I forgot the driver...he drives the bus to sale bread outside with the sales gal. Drivers is paid month and the earn more than any other worker. D driver and d baker. Ask me any other question. I will answer
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by cruzclinton1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Empredboy:
My bro, don't be deceived bakers (those who bake the bread) don't receive salaries but but they charge per bag. Here i pay #800 per bag. So if you produce 3 bags, its times #800.
For you not to be cheated, you must know the quantity of loaves a bag produces, you must have idea of bread making or else you will find it difficult to cope in that business.
Ask any question about the business.

Knowing how many bags produce is one of the real thing in bakery,if not you will lose your money to bakery thieves. U have to know how many loaves of bread each bag can produce. That's the admin part. Like I told u,I worked all hose things my self,no division of labour for me then. And I thank God it happen like that coz I have d. Whole knowledge. There. Is how we know how many loaves of bread bag produce and u have to count it after each two bad production,if the counts shorts,u will notice in time and correct the cutter to be careful in the next bag coz each bad needs to reach a particular number of loaves and all this is the cutter's duty. Coz she cuts with measurement. If she uses the measurement u gave her very well. U will achieve ur desire number of loaves,but if she is not. Serious,she will cut nonsense thereby shorting d number of loaves that re suppose to get in a bag
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by temmarbaba(m): 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pls Empredboy,

I am motivated by your post.
I have interest in bakery business but please can you mail me so we can discuss better?

Thank you

Tmt19john@gmail.com

TopJohn

Empredboy:
My bro, don't be deceived bakers (those who bake the bread) don't receive salaries but but they charge per bag. Here i pay #800 per bag. So if you produce 3 bags, its times #800.
For you not to be cheated, you must know the quantity of loaves a bag produces, you must have idea of bread making or else you will find it difficult to cope in that business.
Ask any question about the business.
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by babapressy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ok it depends on d size of ur bakery n d volume of batches u intend to produce per day. I guess ur bakery shud b semi automated. You cn pay a good mixer between 30k to 40k, a baker 40k to 50k, a slicer(packaging staff) 10k to 15k. That is not to say u cnt get cheap labour cos people ar luking 4jobs evry where. Hope ur structures are built according to a food company specification, to avoid NAFDAC wahalaa. Avoid woody materials as much as u can, do proper demacations to avoid cross-contamination, good drainage, tiles n netted windows, avoid standing/wall/cieling fans etc. Its gud u av ur trade mark cos NAFDAC wunt answer u if u dnt av that. What about ur certificate of incorporation, labels etc. Hope these few lines would help. Am a food sci & Tech person working in a bakery n also do all bakery related cusulting, product registration, recipe formulation, trouble shooting etc. Dnt mind my spelling ooo am in a haste. 08135881159 Call if u wish.
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Princeonu: 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
HAH:
Hello

I have almost completed the construction of my bakery, I want to have an idea how much are the staff paid? Should I make it commission based or salary based? I want to give them a competitive pay.

Thank you
Make it salary based at commencement, engage a few professional bakers get them to perform multiple tasks to save cost of maintaining full staff strength. You should give serious attention to your market as the success or otherwise of the bakery depends on it. You may pay between 25k - 45k. Pay commission when you have fullypenetrated the market and record high turnover because if u pay commission at commencement you may not be able to keep an experienced baker since production is usually low at start.
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by temmarbaba(m): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hi bro,

I see your advise helpful.

I have a few questions I will like to ask by mail. Can you please send me a mail to : tmt19john@gmail.com

Thanks.

Expecting.

Topjohn
cruzclinton1:

Bro I can help u run the bakery smoothly( from production to administrative works) and I need job now as am jobless now. I once worked as a bakery manager before immediately after my NYSC(youth service) in my childhood friend bakery. I worked as the overall manger/production manager/and even the administration part of the bakery coz he hardly stay in d factory,so I have to control everything. He only come in and check things and go out again. In a nutshell, I can handle your bakery for you. Both the mixture,supervising the workers and the admin job,but I can't do all this for you,I will focus on one .....for the best result ( is not advisable to for u to give one person all this job,I will tell u the reason if u ask further.

For the workers salary scheme------ the*** BAKER ***is being paid pay bag,according to how many bags worked per day,u can decide to pay him daily,meaning in the morning after sales for yesterday work or u keep d records and calculate all to pay him month end
***other workers re payed monthly like *** oven servers/milling man/sales person/table workers,comprising of the dough cutter,dough molders re paid monthly

In bread bakery,we have this category of worker....baker/milling man/ mixer/oven servers/table worker and sales person

Ah I forgot the driver...he drives the bus to sale bread outside with the sales gal. Drivers is paid month and the earn more than any other worker. D driver and d baker. Ask me any other question. I will answer

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Empredboy(m): 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

I have bought two plots of land in Oyo State, Ogbomosho to be precise. Recently, the idea of bakery comes to my mind: can you please expatiate about the start up and capital requirement? I have no idea about the business at all.
if you don't have the idea i suggest you rent it out cos the business is bigggg. But if u still want to go into it i suggest u send me a Mail so that we can chat
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Empredboy(m): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
Hello sir,how many pieces of 100bread can a bag make and how can one go about the production per bag,I mean how many pieces per each amount of bread
a bag of flour will give you between 100-102 loaves of 900g bread . Approximate weight is 92800g
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by iaminspired: 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I hope he understands the bakery/baking environment or a baker.
Let's hope this thread would accord him criticism's, options and advice(s),that would assist and guide his business decision(s).
I wish him luck in his business venture. One thing for sure is, loads of bakeries already exists in Kaduna. I
graduated from Kaduna Polytechnic, many moons ago.

I just hope he sits down again and reason before going too far
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by babapressy(m): 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Empredboy:
a bag of flour will give you between 100-102 loaves of 900g bread . Approximate weight is 92800g
a bag of flour (50kg) cn giv u like 85 to 90 loaves if u scale 900g depending on d strenght of d flour (Diamond, Dangote, Honeywell, Golden penny, Mama Gold). If u add too much water cos u wana get more yield, u wil cry cox u risk d chance of collapse bread. Flour are substandard this days. Am a QA/QC personnel so i knw wat am saying.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Empredboy(m): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
babapressy:

a bag of flour (50kg) cn giv u like 85 to 90 loaves if u scale 900g depending on d strenght of d flour (Diamond, Dangote, Honeywell, Golden penny, Mama Gold). If u add too much water cos u wana get more yield, u wil cry cox u risk d chance of collapse bread. Flour are substandard this days. Am a QA/QC personnel so i knw wat am saying.
Bros with the improver i use i get that quantity
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by HAH: 2:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Princeonu:

Make it salary based at commencement, engage a few professional bakers get them to perform multiple tasks to save cost of maintaining full staff strength. You should give serious attention to your market as the success or otherwise of the bakery depends on it. You may pay between 25k - 45k. Pay commission when you have fullypenetrated the market and record high turnover because if u pay commission at commencement you may not be able to keep an experienced baker since production is usually low at start.

Thank you very much for this valuable advice
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by babapressy(m): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Empredboy:
i use improver aswel with good enzyme (alpha malt). No wahaala if u get up to that cox i knw its stil possible to even get more than what u said. We knw d tricks in the bakery business but Quality count shaaa

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by HAH: 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
akinlolumichael:
Hmm! starting a bakery is a nice idea. I have one in Ogun State. Here in Ogun state we pay bakers #800 per bag. That is, they are paid base on daily work. But if the business is moving on fine, u increase their wages. Like here in my bakery, I do pay my baker #1500 per bag. And we are baking like 7-8 bags of flour in a day. Now to start, you calculate your cost of production, I.e the amount of the following used to bake bread such as, flour, sugar, EDC, yeast, Flavour (not necessary), nylon, diesel, bakery maintenance, Wood( if it is mud or convertible), vehicle, workers wages, and so on. After calculating all this, it should be around #17000-#19000. And you will will use one bag of flour to produce bread of #23000... For more enlightenment, Whatsapp me on 08037526966... Whatsapp only... You are welcome...

Very valuable advice, thank you very much I will call you later for some more advice now am facing nafdac infact I just came back from there office, the guy I met is very nice as he gave me good advice as relates to regulations
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by crunchyg: 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
HAH:

Thank you very much, the bakery is in kaduna, am going to buy two buses for distribution, I will very happy if you will guide me on somethings I may find difficulty in as a new entrant,

I have just received my trademark acceptance next is nafdac but everything is ready apart from the buses and ingredients.

Plz I want to get trade mark too for my product please how did you get yours and how can I go about it, and how much did it cost you to get it. Thanks in anticipation to you favourable response
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by missioner(m): 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
HAH:
Hello

Thank you

Here in ......, master bakers like collects #1200 per bag, and then settle apprentice or coworker btw 400-700 per day. plus two medium size bread called baker's bread everyday.
if u need more info whatsapp or call me on 08 05354 225 6

2 Likes

Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Empredboy:

What improver do you use ?
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by jaelz(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
ceejay80s:

Haba , na oil company?

Hahaha haba boss omo twas his uncle's bakery though he had to resign cause he worked morning and night and the particles from d dust started giving him problems
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Empredboy:
God bless you
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by HAH: 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
crunchyg:

Plz I want to get trade mark too for my product please how did you get yours and how can I go about it, and how much did it cost you to get it. Thanks in anticipation to you favourable response

It is normally done by a lawyer at ministry of trade and investment in Abuja, he will file it for you the official fee is 15k but you will also pay the lawyer for his services.
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Ogazyduby: 9:37am On Mar 19, 2017
This is interesting. Anybody with the knowledge of prices of 50kg spiral mixer and 50kg capacity electric deck oven?
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Ogazyduby: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2017
babapressy:
Ok it depends on d size of ur bakery n d volume of batches u intend to produce per day. I guess ur bakery shud b semi automated. You cn pay a good mixer between 30k to 40k, a baker 40k to 50k, a slicer(packaging staff) 10k to 15k. That is not to say u cnt get cheap labour cos people ar luking 4jobs evry where. Hope ur structures are built according to a food company specification, to avoid NAFDAC wahalaa. Avoid woody materials as much as u can, do proper demacations to avoid cross-contamination, good drainage, tiles n netted windows, avoid standing/wall/cieling fans etc. Its gud u av ur trade mark cos NAFDAC wunt answer u if u dnt av that. What about ur certificate of incorporation, labels etc. Hope these few lines would help. Am a food sci & Tech person working in a bakery n also do all bakery related cusulting, product registration, recipe formulation, trouble shooting etc. Dnt mind my spelling ooo am in a haste. 08135881159 Call if u wish.
So one cannot operate a bakery without trademark?
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by babapressy(m): 7:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
Without Trade mark you can't get NAFDAC registration number
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
Empredboy:

Weight of 92800g U guys shouldnt come online and mislead other people..
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by tabithababy(f): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Educative thread kiss
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by Hotdiamond(m): 6:54pm On Mar 30, 2019

Weight of 92800g U guys shouldnt come online and mislead other people..
I think that's the total weight of the baked bread.

Some people cut 850g for family loaf, some cut 900g
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by tck2000(m): 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2019
Re: How Much Are Bakery Worker Paid? by samzepaparazi: 7:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
I currently have flour supply ability of N10,750 per bag of golden penny and mama Gold flour.

Minimum 150 bags cos of cost of transportation
Less than 150 bags goes for 10800
No credit

Price is for Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? / What's The Salary Of A British Council Exam Invigilator? / Meet Ekene Obayi, Herdswoman From Enugu Who Is A Graduate Of UNN (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.