Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,813 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:56 PM

How I Made My Moimoi - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Made My Moimoi (21296 Views)

How To Prepare Ekuru/ofuloju (white Moimoi And Stew) / Moimoi Rollup (baked Beans Pudding Roulade) / How I Made My Delicious Weekend Fish Barbecue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 6:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
Sese2:
Sorry to ask this, i didn't see anywhre u mentioned Onions, u dn't like using it in ur moimoi or u forgot?

I used onions o!....Maybe I forgot to list it as part of the ingredients. Let me modify.

#Modified
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
bolseas:

lol...ok.... I don't know the English name but it is also called Bawa. if I get a picture of it I will post it or if someone else could help with the English name....

Google sef no fit tell me. If you have a pic plz upload. Thanks.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by bolseas(f): 11:31pm On Sep 05, 2016
tyconcepts:

Google sef no fit tell me. If you have a pic plz upload. Thanks.
it is called Cayenne pepper.

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 9:49am On Sep 06, 2016
bolseas:

Okay sis.

Certainly trying it in my next moimoi trip.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by bolseas(f): 11:24am On Sep 06, 2016
tyconcepts:

Okay sis.

Aight.... looking forward to it....
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Rocktation(f): 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
tyconcepts:

Okay sis.

You have to be careful with the shombo though, cos it can make your moinmoin too pepperish and spoil everything. I personally don't even like using it for stew jare.

You really got my attention with the cleaning part. You mean when you put the beans into the blender after 3minutes and blend, the beans neither get broken nor bend the blades? Also, d'you add little water to blend at this stage?

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Rocktation(f): 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
Yieldings:
From what I see that blender is really good. Did it blend everything smoothly, with no small chunks or beans inside? It looks like a very simple blender but did an awesome job of blending the beans.

Practically all blenders, blend beans perfectly. People are prolly just scared to try them at all.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
I'll keep in touch op cool

Sese2 hi dear
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
Rocktation:

You have to be careful with the shombo though, cos it can make your moinmoin too pepperish and spoil everything. I personally don't even like using it for stew jare.

Pepperish moimoi is a NO....I really wanted to try something else other than tomatoe paste to give my moimoi fine coloring. You have another idea?

Rocktation:
You really got my attention with the cleaning part. You mean when you put the beans into the blender after 3minutes and blend, the beans neither get broken nor bend the blades? Also, d'you add little water to blend at this stage?

I soaked the beans for like 3mins....Poured the beans + the water I used in soaking it into the blender and spinner for less than a minute. The beans got broken but not into tiny pieces that would waste. When I sieved, only the skin came off. No...it didn't bend the blades at all.

Rocktation:
Practically all blenders, blend beans perfectly. People are prolly just scared to try them at all.

I refuse to agree with you ma'am. Not all blender blends beans 'perfectly' well. One stewpid blend I once had couldn't cope with the pressure of blending beans thoroughly.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Sese2(f): 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
jagugu88li:
I'll keep in touch op cool
Sese2 hi dear
yep,hello hope u good?
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
Sese2:
yep,hello hope u good?

I'm good dear, hope the same for you.....So if your moniker means what I think it means, I guess its fair to say Hello sister

I borrowed mine though #hides face#

Op, do excuse me please.

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Rocktation(f): 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ermm, I don't usually send coloring, so long as it tastes good, lol. Buh that's just me. Perhaps, using palm oil instead, would achieve that? I know I prefer the taste of moinmoin with it. Plus, I use just the ata rodo, I don't use tomatoes or the paste.

tyconcepts:

I refuse to agree with you ma'am. Not all blender blends beans 'perfectly' well. One stewpid blend I once had couldn't cope with the pressure of blending beans thoroughly.

You're sure it wasn't old and tired? Anyways, I really shouldn't say allll. Some fans don't even blow cool air. Lots sure do tho.

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by mitchyy(f): 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
Giving this a try again tomorrow morning. Pray for me cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Sese2(f): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
jagugu88li:

I'm good dear, hope the same for you.....So if your moniker means what I think it means, I guess its fair to say Hello sister

I borrowed mine though #hides face#

Op, do excuse me please.
yep,it will be okay.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 07, 2016
All blenders blend beans perfectly? Since when?

Rocktation:

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
Rocktation:
Ermm, I don't usually send coloring, so long as it tastes good, lol. Buh that's just me. Perhaps, using palm oil instead, would achieve that? I know I prefer the taste of moinmoin with it. Plus, I use just the ata rodo, I don't use tomatoes or the paste.

You're sure it wasn't old and tired? Anyways, I really shouldn't say allll. Some fans don't even blow cool air. Lots sure do tho.

Using raw palm oil hasn't bin my thing o! Tried it once and wasn't pleased with the taste. Is it okay to heat up the palm oil a little before using it for moi moi?

IMO its only strongly built and rugged blenders that can do moi moi right.

My blender is a rogue mehnnnnn tongue
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
mitchyy:
Giving this a try again tomorrow morning. Pray for me cheesy cheesy cheesy

May the gods of moimoi be with you tongue tongue

You can nail it babe.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by mitchyy(f): 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2016
tyconcepts:

May the gods of moimoi be with you tongue tongue

You can nail it babe.

I chickened out and did akara instead cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'll attempt it tomorrow sad
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
mitchyy:

I chickened out and did akara instead cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'll attempt it tomorrow sad

I haven't tried frying akara for years nowwww. It use be Saturday breakfast twice a month way back in our house o! Akara + pap or custard.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Rocktation(f): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
@Tyconcepts; maybe oo. I think I've once read someone (I think from Dunni's kitchen) heating it up a bit before use. Now that I think of it, shombo gives color to stew, but small small because I know it can get really spicy and messy.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
Rocktation:
@Tyconcepts; maybe oo. I think I've once read someone (I think from Dunni's kitchen) heating it up a bit before use. Now that I think of it, shombo gives color to stew, but small small because I know it can get really spicy and messy.

Heating it up should make sense....I would try it with a few cups just in case wink

I'm already scared of using the shombo sef....
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by mitchyy(f): 10:06am On Sep 16, 2016
So i finally decided to give moin moin another try. And my moin moin came out delicious...
For the very first time, my moin moin was not watery, had taste and was fluffy.
Hehehehehe! My husband wack the thing finish. Lol

Thank you plenty @tyconcepts.

Now i need chin chin recipe... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
mitchyy:
So i finally decided to give moin moin another try. And my moin moin came out delicious...
For the very first time, my moin moin was not watery, had taste and was fluffy.
Hehehehehe! My husband wack the thing finish. Lol

Thank you plenty @tyconcepts.

Now i need chin chin recipe... cheesy

Moimoi be giving me life & love......

I need the chin chin recipe & hot dog recipe too.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tchiwinnie: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nice one, at tyconcepts. For the shombo, its very nice. u ll love it. just use very little or no rodo pepper so its not peppery. bt shombo has one nice flavour like that.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
tchiwinnie:
Nice one, at tyconcepts. For the shombo, its very nice. u ll love it. just use very little or no rodo pepper so its not peppery. bt shombo has one nice flavour like that.

Can little shombo give the moimoi a fine look? I'm thinking it has to be many to be beautiful.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tchiwinnie: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2016
tyconcepts:

Can little shombo give the moimoi a fine look? I'm thinking it has to be many to be beautiful.
Since u re using tatashe too, u may not need so much esp if u re using rodo too. bt if u re nt using rodo at all, then u can increase d qty of d shombo
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by mitchyy(f): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
tyconcepts:

Moimoi be giving me life & love......
I need the chin chin recipe for hot dog own too.

I finally got a chin chin recipe and tried it out... grin

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
At this moment that I am very hungry is when this kind threat is trending in this forum. Send my own hooo.
I have learnt sha.

Chai, hunger with this Buhari regime is synonymous!
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2016
mitchyy:

I finally got a chin chin recipe and tried it out... grin

Beautiful..... Plz share
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 28, 2016
tyconcepts:
Since I learnt how to peel beans (Thanks to Zaynie kiss) with the easiest ease....Moimoi has been my new BAE.

I will just take you through my moimoi techniques & style grin with pictures to give you clear understanding wink

Ingredients
1. Beans
2. Fresh pepper
3. Tomatoes paste
4. Crayfish
5. Groundnut oil
6. Egg
7. Maggi
8.Salt
9.Onions

Tools
1. My good faithful & loyal blender (The blender is BAE anytime....can even blend coconut... Yes! I like to brag)
2. Cups shaped like cupcake (My own def of cupcake o!)
3. Hot plate (I can't waste my gas on top moi moi in the Buhari season undecided)
no pictures?
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by mitchyy(f): 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
tyconcepts:

Beautiful..... Plz share

•1kg of All purpose Flour(Plain Flour)
•200g of Margarine
•150 ml whole milk(100ml of evaporated milk or 75ml Condensed milk or 70g of powdered milk)
• Half teaspoon of baking powder(optional)
•100g of granulated sugar
• Half a teaspoon Salt
•1 teaspoonful of ground nutmeg
•3 raw eggs(optional)
•Vegetable Oil (for frying)
•Water(add bit by bit if you are not using whole milk)
(add 50 ml if using evaporated milk,
add 75ml is using Condensed milk,
add 100ml if using Powdered milk.

See my second trial below... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by mitchyy(f): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
bolseas:

God bless you for recommending shombo. I added it to my moin-moin yesterday and the taste was super-amazing. I wished i made more

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.