Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,573 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

How I Made My Moimoi - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Made My Moimoi (20401 Views)

How To Prepare Ekuru/ofuloju (white Moimoi And Stew) / Moimoi Rollup (baked Beans Pudding Roulade) / How I Made My Delicious Weekend Fish Barbecue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by bolseas(f): 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
mitchyy:

God bless you for recommending shombo. I added it to my moin-moin yesterday and the taste was super-amazing. I wished i made more

lol.... amen. God bless you too. It was my SIL who first told me about shombo. ever since, I never regretted adding it to my moinmoin.

I will try make.moinmoin.one.of.these.days. I too.dey form lazy for now...
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
mitchyy:

I finally got a chin chin recipe and tried it out...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4283523_20160926190146_jpegeaede3608ad25356b1dcc7519d65ebba

grin

Nice try ma'am. Why don't you try the rod (long) style rather than this tiny pieces (groundnut) style?
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2016
mitchyy:

God bless you for recommending shombo. I added it to my moin-moin yesterday and the taste was super-amazing. I wished i made more

bolseas:

lol.... amen. God bless you too. It was my SIL who first told me about shombo. ever since, I never regretted adding it to my moinmoin.

I will try make.moinmoin.one.of.these.days. I too.dey form lazy for now...

Mehnnnnnnn...Am the only one lagging behind in this shombo fun. undecided
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 12:41pm On May 17, 2017
Adding nutmeg to my moimoi has being a game/taste changer..... You should try it too.

Added moimoi to my fried rice instead of salad (I'm not a salad fan by the way) and the family couldn't get enough...... The story of my moimoi still echos grin grin

God bless bolseas, tchiwinnie and every other person who recommended using Shombo in moimoi, it not only added taste but actually gave me that fine color I like,making the moimoi look tasty.... Gone are the days of my using tomatoes to add color to my moimoi.... Shombo does it berrrrrraaaaa.

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Erums(m): 7:03pm On May 17, 2017
This is great info for the bachelors.... Will attempt that moimoi now... Thnks tyconcept

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by bolseas(f): 8:39pm On May 17, 2017
tyconcepts:
Adding nutmeg to my moimoi has being a game/taste changer..... You should try it too.

Added moimoi to my fried rice instead of salad (I'm not a salad fan by the way) and the family couldn't get enough...... The story of my moimoi still echos grin grin

God bless bolseas, tchiwinnie and every other person who recommended using Shombo in moimoi, it not only added taste but actually gave me that fine color I like,making the moimoi look tasty.... Gone are the days of my using tomatoes to add color to my moimoi.... Shombo does it berrrrrraaaaa.

amen ma'am... God bless you too. I will have to cook moinmoin one of these days too.. Happy chopping

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 10:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Erums:
This is great info for the bachelors.... Will attempt that moimoi now... Thnks tyconcept

Welcome sire.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Probz(m): 10:54am On Jul 01, 2017
From what I've heard nutmeg's a must for mai mai and chin chin.

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Pamelayoung: 10:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
Did you put anything under the pot to prevent the plastic from burning or is your pot none stick
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 7:02am On Jul 03, 2017
Probz:
From what I've heard nutmeg's a must for mai mai and chin chin.

I concur.... I never knew until someone mentioned it here.

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 7:03am On Jul 03, 2017
Pamelayoung:
Did you put anything under the pot to prevent the plastic from burning or is your pot none stick

No I didn't.... I just monitor it and make sure the water doesn't dry out before it's properly cooked.
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
Rice, Stew, Egg cupcake and Moi-moi in all it's gorgeous glory kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by YetidStores(f): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
tyconcepts:
Rice, Stew, Egg cupcake and Moi-moi in all it's gorgeous glory kiss kiss kiss

Please, how did you mould your rice to give it that cup/bowl shape
Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
YetidStores:

Please, how did you mould your rice to give it that cup/bowl shape

I served the rice into my moi moi cup and kept pressing it down while adding more... After which I turn the cup face down on my plate and VIOLA!!!

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by YetidStores(f): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
tyconcepts:

I served the rice into my moi moi cup and kept pressing it down while adding more... After which I turn the cup face down on my plate and VIOLA!!!

Thank you kiss

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2017
YetidStores:

Thank you kiss

Welcome dear.

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lots of you will be thinking this is your regular moi-moi grin grin No it's not..... I present to you EGG MOIMOI....Easy to prepare and super delicious.... Ask me how

1 Like

Re: How I Made My Moimoi by mukhcech(m): 2:53pm On May 26, 2018
tyconcepts:
Lots of you will be thinking this is your regular moi-moi grin grin No it's not..... I present to you EGG MOIMOI....Easy to prepare and super delicious.... Ask me how

This the best I read this Ramadan. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price / How To Make Banga Rice. Step-by-step Guide / Your Worst Food Combination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.