Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? (11280 Views)

JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 / Antibiotics Resistance, Typhoid And Malaria Diagnosis Debacle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Babacele: 6:46am On Aug 19, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Men are welcome to help their spouses but you know granting a man paternity leave is somewhat complicated. undecided
complicated? how and why?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by JoeCutie(m): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2016
amicable09:

Lolz. Why did you end with this question Joe? grin. It's very funny. We aren't asking for too much privileges, I just don't know why men are not at the forefront making these demands for us.

This period thing actually worries me in a very different way that I can't explain very well. When I look at the trend now and how girls mature too fast I fear for the future of these little girls starting out too early.

I was in secondary school already and very knowledgeable about menstruation before I got my first visitor from Venus. I was well prepared. Always had done series of sensitization in my school and even gave every girl one free sanitary pad every time they came.

Today, children grow too quickly. Girls in primary school have puberty knocking. Little fat girls are not spared and before you know what, the little child whose butt you wiped is crying because of abdominal cramps and asking you for sanitary pad. It is just too much to bear.

Back in the olden days, ladies started seeing their period at the age of 15-16 but now a girl of 10 is caught in the web too too early.
Okay, maybe we are too fast. Maybe we should take this slowly, point by point.

The first point.
What do you think should be done about the change in the growth rate of children of today?

Good morning
. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
JoeCutie:
Okay, maybe we are too fast. Maybe we should take this slowly, point by point.

The first point.
What do you think should be done about the change in the growth rate of children of today?

Good morning
. smiley
Phew! I'm sorry Joe, Yesterday wasn't one of those days where I get to hang out with my friends here.
But I'm here now for you my friend wink

Let's take it slowly. Point by point.
What should be done about the change in children's growth rate with emphasis on the girl child... well, nothing. And I'll tell you why.
I love the way kids grow these days except of course for obese children, otherwise it's fine to see them grow healthily. Research has shown that nutrition is a one of the causes of this change and more and more children are well fed. This should be a celebrated news right? But the problem is just like the rapid growth they are experiencing, so is puberty rushing to catch up with them.

Therefore to your question regarding what should be done to slow down growth rate, I don't know. It's like asking me to say children shouldn't be well fed and should be malnourished which is not advisable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
Babacele:
complicated? how and why?
Yea Babacele, it's complicated seeing that the reason why maternity leave came into being in the first place is so that women who have just had babies can take some time off work to rest and heal completely before going back to work.

Men have argued that they need paternity leave so as to take care of their wives and new born child but we know that here in Nigeria, when a woman gives birth, her mother or her husband's mother comes to take care of the new born and momma so the husband has no excuse to give. A lot of times, men have been seen to play games or hang out with friends rather than sit at home to help their wives. So you se why I say it's complicated undecided. Men don't need to stay home since they have weekends to bond with their child.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Babacele: 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
amicable09:

Yea Babacele, it's complicated seeing that the reason why maternity leave came into being in the first place is so that women who have just had babies can take some time off work to rest and heal completely before going back to work.

Men have argued that they need paternity leave so as to take care of their wives and new born child but we know that here in Nigeria, when a woman gives birth, her mother or her husband's mother comes to take care of the new born and momma so the husband has no excuse to give. A lot of times, men have been seen to play games or hang out with friends rather than sit at home to help their wives. So you se why I say it's complicated undecided. Men don't need to stay home since they have weekends to bond with their child.
story. it is none of any office business how the man spends his paternity leave. what about folks who don't have mothers or who doesn't want granny to come n babysit? give us paternity leave jor which one be weekend bonding again?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
Babacele:
story. it is none of any office business how the man spends his paternity leave. what about folks who don't have mothers or who doesn't want granny to come n babysit? give us paternity leave jor which one be weekend bonding again?
Hahahaha.
Wetin you wan carry paternity leave do when work they office and money has to be made?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by JoeCutie(m): 6:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
amicable09:

Phew! I'm sorry Joe, Yesterday wasn't one of those days where I get to hang out with my friends here.
But I'm here now for you my friend wink

Let's take it slowly. Point by point.
What should be done about the change in children's growth rate with emphasis on the girl child... well, nothing. And I'll tell you why.
I love the way kids grow these days except of course for obese children, otherwise it's fine to see them grow healthily. Research has shown that nutrition is a one of the causes of this change and more and more children are well fed. This should be a celebrated news right? But the problem is just like the rapid growth they are experiencing, so is puberty rushing to catch up with them.

Therefore to your question regarding what should be done to slow down growth rate, I don't know. It's like asking me to say children shouldn't be well fed and should be malnourished which is not advisable.
Okay, that's cool.

Now, do you not see (in the future) this Policy, if introduced, causing any sort of problem - academically, socially, etc - for these children? I'm just having this premonition that this, if introduced, would cause more harm than good.

Do you think there's no other way these children could be helped apart from giving the days off?

5 Likes

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
JoeCutie:
Okay, that's cool.

Now, do you not see (in the future) this Policy, if introduced, causing any sort of problem - academically, socially, etc - for these children? I'm just having this premonition that this, if introduced, would cause more harm than good.

Do you think there's no other way these children could be helped apart from giving the days off?
Uhm... well, maybe the policy shouldn't give them days off outrightly but protect them from teachers/masters who may want to punish them unduly for absence or denying them permission to use the school bay and miss a class or two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Babacele: 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
amicable09:

Hahahaha.
Wetin you wan carry paternity leave do when work they office and money has to be made?
lols ...
money making no dey for paternity oo
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
Babacele:
lols ... money making no dey for paternity oo
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by JoeCutie(m): 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
amicable09:

Uhm... well, maybe the policy shouldn't give them days off outrightly but protect them from teachers/masters who may want to punish them unduly for absence or denying them permission to use the school bay and miss a class or two.
Wow! Your stance is changing. I'd like to think that my insistence is having an effect in you. grin

If any student fails to come to school, and writes to the school - or to the teacher, as the school policy may suggest - explaining why, it's only natural that the authorities should evaluate it and see reason with the said student. It's no biggie. It's normal actually.

How was your day...my friend? Hope you've been good
? smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
JoeCutie:
Wow! Your stance is changing. I'd like to think that my insistence is having an effect in you. grin

If any student fails to come to school, and writes to the school - or to the teacher, as the school policy may suggest - explaining why, it's only natural that the authorities should evaluate it and see reason with the said student. It's no biggie. It's normal actually.

How was your day...my friend? Hope you've been good
? smiley
Lol. You are trying to buy me over abi? grin. I refuse to cross carpet. cheesy

My day's been good. Forgive the delay that comes with my responses.

Hope you have equally been good?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by JoeCutie(m): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. You are trying to buy me over abi? grin. I refuse to cross carpet. cheesy

My day's been good. Forgive the delay that comes with my responses.

Hope you have equally been good?
Lol. Buy you over? When you're not Suya, Banana & Groundnut, Bread & Avocado, Chicken & Chips, or even my precious Jollof & Chicken? Lmao. I don't want you crossing any carpet. tongue

I've been good, thanks

3 Likes

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2016
JoeCutie:
Lol. Buy you over? When you're not Suya, Banana & Groundnut, Bread & Avocado, Chicken & Chips, or even my precious Jollof & Chicken? Lmao. I don't want you crossing any carpet. tongue

I've been good, thanks
Lolz. I'm none of those but I can be your rice and beans. Your amala and ewedu. Your pounded yam and egusi soup. Your fried yam and plantain and your ube and corn cheesy cheesy

Good to hear you're good.
It's a sunny day over here after the light shower early this morning, cool way to start the day. I believe you're all set for the day. Have a marvelous Monday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by JoeCutie(m): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
amicable09:

Lolz. I'm none of those but I can be your rice and beans. Your amala and ewedu. Your pounded yam and egusi soup. Your fried yam and plantain and your ube and corn cheesy cheesy

Good to hear you're good.
It's a sunny day over here after the light shower early this morning, cool way to start the day. I believe you're all set for the day. Have a marvelous Monday.
Oka n'ube? Awww, please don't just start! Don't upset my quenched cravings now. embarassed grin And if you could be that for me, then what are we waiting for? cheesy wink

My day has been great. Almost perfect. Do have a fabulous day and week

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Lordkylie(f): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
it's a debacle,not everyone goes through that stress.Yea i know it's painful but imo it's a trivial thing to repuest a leave for.
I mean you won't request leave for a slight headache and besides the process of determining those who are eligible would imo be humiliating.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lordkylie:
it's a debacle,not everyone goes through that stress.Yea i know it's painful but imo it's a trivial thing to repuest a leave for.
I mean you won't request leave for a slight headache and besides the process of determining those who are eligible would imo be humiliating.
People take the day off when the headache no longer is a child's play. I'm looking at someone being uncomfortable at her desk, getting up to request for this period leave. To say she should go nowhere because it is just a trivial thing, Not fair.

The process of determining who should be eligible and who shouldn't cannot be humiliating, it's not like we are checking whose hymen is intact and whose isn't. When someone is in pain, doctors know how to check it. To know who has a headache, the head isn't cut open therefore the issue of humiliation won't cross any lady's mind at all.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Lordkylie(f): 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
amicable09:

People take the day off when the headache no longer is a child's play. I'm looking at someone being uncomfortable at her desk, getting up to request for this period leave. To say she should go nowhere because it is just a trivial thing, Not fair.

The process of determining who should be eligible and who shouldn't cannot be humiliating, it's not like we are checking whose hymen is intact and whose isn't. When someone is in pain, doctors know how to check it. To know who has a headache, the head isn't cut open therefore the issue of humiliation won't cross any lady's mind at all.
i still maintain it's trivial and would bring in more problems than you can imagine.What about people who see their periods more than once a month?Honestly,you're asking for too much and it comes off as if women are weak creatures who want to b coddled and spoiled whilst receiving the same benefits as others.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lordkylie:
i still maintain it's trivial and would bring in more problems than you can imagine.What about people who see their periods more than once a month?Honestly,you're asking for too much and it comes off as if women are weak creatures who want to b coddled and spoiled whilst receiving the same benefits as others.
There is no one person who see their period twice a month EVERY month! When you look at her cycle you will understand why there is a twice a month in one month and maybe a miss or none the following month or towards the end of the next month.

About asking for too much, well, I'm looking at the possibility of having this request granted but I don't think it's too much. Women can't keep pretending to be superwomen, lifting their computers and printers in the office when there are guys around just because she doesn't want to be seen as weak. I love it when men step in for women and do the heavy things, we aren't wired to be who we are not and that's why if I have my way, I'll have guys campaign for this period leave while the ladies just sit back and receive it when it is approved and passed as law.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Lordkylie(f): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
amicable09:

There is no one person who see their period twice a month EVERY month! When you look at her cycle you will understand why there is a twice a month in one month and maybe a miss or none the following month or towards the end of the next month.

About asking for too much, well, I'm looking at the possibility of having this request granted but I don't think it's too much. Women can't keep pretending to be superwomen, lifting their computers and printers in the office when there are guys around just because she doesn't want to be seen as weak. I love it when men step in for women and do the heavy things, we aren't wired to be who we are not and that's why if I have my way, I'll have guys campaign for this period leave while the ladies just sit back and receive it when it is approved and passed as law.
sit back and receive it?that's laughable.You might as well campaign for 9month leave for pregnant women afterall pregnancy is stressful
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lordkylie:
sit back and receive it?that's laughable.You might as well campaign for 9month leave for pregnant women afterall pregnancy is stressful
Hahahahaha. That's funny.
Pregnant women already have their last trimester to themselves covered under maternity leave.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Lordkylie(f): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
period leave isnt bad but paternity leave is complicated abi.Noone is saying women are superwomen or anything like that but sometimes we really need to stop whining.Except your period is capable of landing you in the hospital for days-which in itself is a serious health condition,you dont need a leave.Imagine if companies were to follow this policy,we cn assume at least one or two workers would be absent daily.When companies stop employing women you'll scream blue murder
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by Lordkylie(f): 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
amicable09:

Hahahahaha. That's funny.
Pregnant women already have their last trimester to themselves covered under maternity leave.
all d morning sickness and drama in the first three months?i should not be working!
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lordkylie:
all d morning sickness and drama in the first three months?i should not be working!
When the very women I'm advocating leave for, don't want it.
Issokay lipsrsealed
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
amicable09:
Hi everyone! cheesy
Took me lots and lots of courage to start this with the social taboo associated with the word, for this I wonder why undecided, coupled also with indecision as to where best to start this topic. Finally, I chose here and I want to believe it's the right section for this.

Let's get the discussion started, shall we? wink
Alright. I've been thinking about ladies productivity in schools and at their workplaces and I understand the discomfort that comes with monthly periods, so I began looking at this natural cycle of the body and decided to bring it up here for discussion. Now before we continue please, I want to beg, this is not about feminism neither is it about anything outside the context it is being looked at here, therefore let's stick to the framework for this discussion.

Hey...

So I didn't want to read up some of the commentaries here so I don't get 'influenced' by the discussions so far....

So here we go...

Always Sanitary pad rocked the airwaves with their advert on TV of young school girls singing "check days are gone!". But Menstrual cycle is beyond "Check,Check", there's more to it. The battle to keep up with personal hygiene, frequent visits to the restroom, effective management of oil on the face, having to explain to everyone why you have excess pimples breaking out on your face and getting the most convenient clothing for the period of days you'll be at the mercy of Aunt flow is just a few to be considered when we examine the subject.

Girls between the ages of 11-19 are taught/forced to go to school and not to be ashamed of their period. They are to appear in school all smart without nursing the idea of using a cardigan to cover their backside just in case. Young boys derive pleasure in mocking girls who get stained and sometimes even publicly embarrass them calling them dirty. For the older ladies, they have mastered their bodies and perfected the art of securing themselves for at least 8 hours before getting home. Yet, older ladies who teach younger ladies to 'man - up' to this natural part of a woman's life are advocating for Period Policy to be implemented in other parts of the world.

Bring it home to Nigeria, here we like to stay strong and put up a show. We smile and say we will survive. But more and more ladies get irritated over nothing during those few days at work. They snap at every irritant. They are moody for the most part.
My question then is,
shouldn't Nigerian women be allowed to stay home on those three to five days in a month?
Shouldn't young girls stay off school a few days every month for the sake of their mental health?

It's up for discussion please. Ladies and gentlemen, what do you say to this?

Menstruation is a natural phenomenal exclusively for women and naturally too, the body has devised a way to take care of itself. Like you already know, it comes when it should except in rare circumstances which are also as a result of certain factors. Then again, technology advances - drugs and sanitary pads - have it made it possible for those who experience menses live normal and healthy lifestyles, achieving productivity in their various fields of endeavor.

One aspect we may not have progressed would be in educating the boy-child on the science (causes and its effects) of menstruation in women particularly the psychological and emotional aspect and how it affects relationships. They need to have some appreciable knowledge and show some understanding when a woman is unnecessarily moody, when she has these unexpected rash of pimples, when there's this increase in some parts of her body, etc. That they need to know that menstruation is a part of a woman's life.

However, when it comes to professional activities, in a formal business environment where productivity counts, it is very important that granting leave of absence for say 3 - 5 [working] days could be very detrimental to the overall performance of the company. Most companies have this leave policy of say 20 - 30 days annually. So a woman would enjoy say 36 - 60 days off work in addition to the annual leave of say 30 days, the sum of which could result in almost a third of total annual working days being absent from work. Can you forgo a third of your annual entitlements? Can a company just forgo a third of their revenue for a particular year on the excuse as Period Leave? Can you invest in a company that forgoes a third of its revenue on the basis of Period Policy?

How about a situation in which the male folks would begin to fuss about this Period Policy idea and request for theirs? Lol. We can best imagine the consequences.

For me, the best solution would be to ensure a good, healthy and socially friendly working environment where compassion, understanding and respect are the language of communication. Companies, schools and other institutions should be encouraged to maintain these ethics and standards and promote the diversity in humans, appreciating who we are as human and loving ourselves irrespective of our gender.

But you women sef, na everything una dey seek concession.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lordkylie:
period leave isnt bad but paternity leave is complicated abi.Noone is saying women are superwomen or anything like that but sometimes we really need to stop whining.Except your period is capable of landing you in the hospital for days-which in itself is a serious health condition,you dont need a leave.[b]Imagine if companies were to follow this policy,we cn assume at least one or two workers would be absent daily.[/b]When companies stop employing women you'll scream blue murder

That's true especially in a large organization.

But come to think of it, how many woman would bold come out and say she has aunt flow?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 9:42am On Aug 24, 2016
Hi Kaboninc, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on this matter. You made points that are relevant as it conveys your fears and I must admit that they are noteworthy.

To start with, menstruation is normal for every girl and advances in technology has caused productivity to be greatly improved. That is also to say, depending on the position of the lady in question, she can conveniently work from home and produce the right results still.

So when you said period leave could be detrimental to the overall performance of the company, I kinda disagree bearing in mind that in an organization where you have 35 females, all 35 of them won't request for the leave on the same day thereby causing the org to shut down for 3-5 days. A company in the UK already has this policy working in the organization and they are doing very well.

To the question of can I invest in a company that cares about the well-being of her staff to the point of agreeing to implement this policy, Sure I can! I'll very well love to. This is a case of are they or will they be able to deliver? Yes. I was told to resume at 12:30 pm yesterday at work because lately I've been under stress and haven't had time for myself. When on Saturday I worked all day, I just needed to point to the fact that my hair was undone and coming to work looking unkempt won't be good for business. Just like that, I was permitted to use the morning hours for myself while moving all the appointments we had for the day to afternoon and it worked. Everyone was happy. We didn't lose anyone.

I shared that little story up there so you can understand my vision for one's workplace. Your place of work shouldn't be where you break your head and die. Men like Mr. Adesiji on this thread have pledged their unalloyed support for this leave. I don't see it as a threat at all. If a lady knows what she's doing at work, she won't be afraid of displacement because of period leave. No.

Finally, I totally agree with you on educating the boy child about menstruation. Very very important! I still remember how the boys in my class were sent out whenever Always sanitary pad facilitators come to my school. They locked the windows and doors and packed all the girls in one class to give us the talk. Of course the boys came back after break time to taunt us and request for the 'biscuit' they shared to us. grin. Very funny teenager years.

I strongly believe this is not a case of women over asking cheesy. If we don't look out for us, who will?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by kaboninc(m): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
amicable09:
Hi Kaboninc, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on this matter. You made points that are relevant as it conveys your fears and I must admit that they are noteworthy.

Thank You!!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley

To start with, menstruation is normal for every girl and advances in technology has caused productivity to be greatly improved. That is also to say, depending on the position of the lady in question, she can conveniently work from home and produce the right results still.

That's quite true to some extent too...

So when you said period leave could be detrimental to the overall performance of the company, I kinda disagree bearing in mind that in an organization where you have 35 females, all 35 of them won't request for the leave on the same day thereby causing the org to shut down for 3-5 days. A company in the UK already has this policy working in the organization and they are doing very well.

In the analogy I gave, I try to relate productivity to individual efforts and that is a major parameter for measuring performance. From individual productivity, we would progress to collective and then overall productivity performance. However, going by your own analogy, the point is not about all females but a sizable number of females asking for Period Leave on a particular day, each month. Then again, depending on the size of the organization, there may not be a shut down but there would be a reduction in activity which will definitely impact the company's performance.

Another thing to notice is the objective of the organization. Take for example a bank, or a telecom company, or a cement manufacturing company or even a school or still a Federal Ministry (lol). These are organizations where services rendered are very essential either to the community where they operate or the national economy at large. Do you honestly think that this period policy would have a positive impact to their primary constituent?

Now there is a reference to a company in UK. I do not know the corporate objectives of that company but we definitely can't compare the economy of the UK to that of Nigeria. One for sure is the fact that the difference in unemployment levels between both countries is quite substantial. Not to mention other economic indices which shows the difference in living conditions and lifestyles between both countries. Now imagine an all female organization. This Period Leave Policy could work but for a mainstream organization like the ones highlighted above....in a developing country like ours?

To the question of can I invest in a company that cares about the well-being of her staff to the point of agreeing to implement this policy, Sure I can! I'll very well love to. This is a case of are they or will they be able to deliver? Yes. I was told to resume at 12:30 pm yesterday at work because lately I've been under stress and haven't had time for myself. When on Saturday I worked all day, I just needed to point to the fact that my hair was undone and coming to work looking unkempt won't be good for business. Just like that, I was permitted to use the morning hours for myself while moving all the appointments we had for the day to afternoon and it worked. Everyone was happy. We didn't lose anyone.

I shared that little story up there so you can understand my vision for one's workplace. Your place of work shouldn't be where you break your head and die. Men like Mr. Adesiji on this thread have pledged their unalloyed support for this leave. I don't see it as a threat at all. If a lady knows what she's doing at work, she won't be afraid of displacement because of period leave. No.

Haba naa....

People invest in companies that meets their interests or appeal to their preferences. So "taking care" of her staff could mean different things when used in different contexts. For example, companies that produce sanitary pads or hospitals and other health organizations which definitely "takes care" of their staff. So if your preference or risk appetite appeals to companies that "takes care" of their staff, then am sure you will invest in them too.

However, there comes a time when investing in companies will go beyond "taking care" but will also include "returns" and "profit maximization". It is at that point that one may understand and appreciate why productivity is measured and performance is rewarded.

Please, note that am not against a lady requesting for a leave or rather some "causal days off". In fact, requesting for "causal leave" is a more preferable option than requesting for a "Period Leave". I am only against a periodic request (for reasons like "Period"wink which like I addressed in the first post (and you skipped, lol) could breed fuss within the organization especially coming from the male folks, ultimately affecting the overall performance of the organisation.

Finally, I totally agree with you on educating the boy child about menstruation. Very very important! I still remember how the boys in my class were sent out whenever Always sanitary pad facilitators come to my school. They locked the windows and doors and packed all the girls in one class to give us the talk. Of course the boys came back after break time to taunt us and request for the 'biscuit' they shared to us. grin. Very funny teenager years.

I strongly believe this is not a case of women over asking cheesy. If we don't look out for us, who will?

If you don't, we will. I will. I have always been. wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by amicable09(f): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kaboninc wink
You've left me speechless smiley

When someone replies my post the way you have just done, taking it line by line or paragraph by paragraph, they intimidate me cry
Not knowing how to reply that way is the beginning of the conquest. sad
I have to learn what it takes to take my opponent the way you people come after me grin
If you don't mind, please teach me. That's not to say I haven't been taught o but I did not understand it then. A new tutorial from a new tutor may help.

Thanks for looking out for me us.
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by uboma(m): 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2016
amicable09:
When the very women I'm advocating leave for, don't want it. Issokay lipsrsealed

Are you still on this matter....?
Re: Period Policy: Debatable Or A Debacle? by karleone(m): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2016
amicable09:
Kaboninc wink
You've left me speechless smiley
When someone replies my post the way you have just done, taking it line by line or paragraph by paragraph, they intimidate me cry
Not knowing how to reply that way is the beginning of the conquest. sad
I have to learn what it takes to take my opponent the way you people come after me grin
If you don't mind, please teach me. That's not to say I haven't been taught o but I did not understand it then. A new tutorial from a new tutor may help.

If you can't do it electronically (which I don't know if it exists grin), you can do it manually by fixing
at the beginning of the line you're commenting on, and also closing the line with
. Then you write what you wish to write beneath. If you wish to do it for all the paragraphs, you can still follow this path.

Thanks for looking out for me us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

:::too Much Rice Consumption - Any S-effect;; / 105 Tested Hiv-positive During Lockdown In Ogun – Govt / Invasion By Scorpions- Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.