Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye (4454 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Pastor Adeboye In Ojoto, Anambra For Crusade & Dedication Of RCCG Building / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by Seun(m): 11:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
I was listening to the June 2016 Holy Ghost service by Pastor Adeboye, whose communication style I really love, when I heard this story:

In one of the great nations of the world, powerful nations of the world; my children sent to me and said "Daddy, we have completed our church building, we want you to please come and dedicate it." I said "okay"; and then we agreed on a date; and they began to advertise.

And then one very Senior Government Official, I don’t want to give his title so you don’t begin to guess, heard about it. For one reason or the other, he got angry. He said, he had read about The Redeemed Christian Church of God that we said we want a church within five minute distance of one another; he said "this church will not stand in my vicinity". He said the church will not be dedicated! He said over his dead body.

So, my children contacted me and said what do we do? Shall we postpone the date while we think of what to do - I mean this man is very powerful; very rich, very influential? I said: "we do nothing". Haa! We are thinking of fasting and praying; some of them were suggesting we take him to court that if the court rules against him…; This man has so much influence, he would silence the Judge. So, "what are we going to do?" I said: "nothing". "Do we postpone the day of dedication?" I said, "no; the day stands".

A week before the date of dedication, he was getting ready to go and attend a meeting where they will decide not to ever open our church. He got up in the morning to dress; he put his left leg in the left section of the trouser; and for one reason or the other, he put the right leg also in the same trouser. And while he was struggling to free himself he fell and hit his head against something. By the time he arrived in the hospital bed, the right leg was still with the left leg in the same trouser section.

Somebody say Daddy you killed him I said: "me! no ooo! I didn’t even pray. I did nothing". Stand on your feet; and say: Father, fight my battles for me.

Can we fact check this story? Let's try to figure out the great and powerful nation where it happened, the name of the rich government official in question, who had the power to silence judges, and why he was so opposed to the dedication of the church after he allowed them to build it.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
pinkydove:
many have been there before you, have searched and made research deeper than you, and their quest for the truth brought them to TRUTH.

keep on searching, You'll discover the truth soon cool

Soon you will discover that there is a higher power ruling the universe cool

4 Likes

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by HungerBAD: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
Laughing.

Nigerian Pastors are wonderful with stories. Why does something bad have to happen to people,before they have a change of heart?or for it to favor the Christians.

Why not pray for him to have a change of heart?why must he die?I had this childhood friend who now has his own Ministry.

When he started many years ago,and wanted me to become a born again by all means.

He kept telling me stories of how this or that will will say they will give their lives to Christ tomorrow,and died today while traveling.

Always ending the story with someone dying.

So one day I asked him,are you threatening me with death?he said no. Then I told him,I felt he was emotionally blackmailing me.

Same thing in Churches. If a Church is suppose to close at a particular hour, Nigerian Pastors will extend it by another 1 hour,and then emotionally blackmail the members with this question CANT YOU GIVE UP 1 HOUR for God?

I take the Bible very serious,but not the men of God.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by pinkydove: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
many have been there before you, have searched and made research deeper than you, and their quest for the truth brought them to TRUTH.

keep on searching, You'll discover the truth soon cool

Soon you will discover that there is a higher power ruling the universe cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by 4kings: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
This does not make any sense. How could the Govt Official allow him to build his church only for him to refuse its dedication?

Nigerian pastors are very wonderful. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by Sibrah: 12:03am On Aug 18, 2016
4kings:
This does not make any sense. How could the Govt Official allow him to build his church only for him to refuse its dedication?

Nigerian pastors are very wonderful. grin
Why do people watch couple marry then try to break them up?

6 Likes

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by Seun(m): 12:03am On Aug 18, 2016
Initially I didn't believe that it'd be possible to put two legs in one trouser leg, but I tried it some minutes ago and the second leg went in almost half-way. It's not clear that it can happen by accident, though, since it required some effort.

The compassionate atheist in me wonders if death is a just punishment for opposing the dedication of a church. He probably had a wife & kids.

I also find the qualities of the government official to be a bit unrealistic, because the story is set in a "great nation". Can one man be all that?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by VictorRomanov: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2016
the story cannot be verified. kpichikom!!!

1 Like

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by ClassCaptain(m): 12:27am On Aug 18, 2016
People fear what they dont understand,
hate what they cant conquer
and
deny that which is unfavourable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by DonBobes(m): 3:15am On Aug 18, 2016
My own is let sombody verify who that big man is abeg! shocked

1 Like

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by Ronaldinnioh(m): 3:26am On Aug 18, 2016
Too bad
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by OLUWAcypris1(f): 3:48am On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
I was listening to the June 2016 Holy Ghost service by Pastor Adeboye, whose communication style I really love, when I heard this story:

Can we fact check this story? Let's try to figure out the great and powerful nation where it happened, the name of the rich government official in question, who had the power to silence judges, and why he was so opposed to the dedication of the church after he allowed them to build it.
oluwa fight my Battle oh
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by FearGodAndLive: 5:00am On Aug 18, 2016
Poor old man. Only in Nigeria we give people with mental problems microphone.

3 Likes

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by ireneony(f): 5:05am On Aug 18, 2016
What i get from my own perspective is that the said man of God framed up a big lie to push his propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 6:04am On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:

Fairy tale stories people tell to children just to boost their moral. Why do you think he readily left out the name of the government official?

6 Likes

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by joseph1832(m): 6:04am On Aug 18, 2016
ireneony:

What i get from my own perspective is that the said man of God framed up a big lie to push his propaganda.
Ah! grin
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Initially I didn't believe that it'd be possible to put two legs in one trouser leg, but I tried it some minutes ago and the second leg went in almost half-way It's not clear that it can happen by accident, though, since it required some effort.

The compassionate atheist in me wonders if death is a just punishment for opposing the dedication of a church. He probably had a wife & kids.

I also find the qualities of the government official to be a bit unrealistic, because the story is set in a great nation. Can one man be all that?
cheesy
Oga seun nah cheesy
Omode still dey ur blood.
Iamnawty, coman see something smiley
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by IamNawty(f): 6:32am On Aug 18, 2016
MissHatey:
cheesy
Oga seun nah cheesy
Omode still dey ur blood.
Iamnawty, coman see something smiley
oga seun try and add one of ur hands inside with d legs nxt tym

Odabeniwipe oga seun o sherey wen we was small grin
Seun am angry wit u ooo undecided so u didn't reply my diary abi? undecided bestie tell him I say I will show him undecided grin
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 18, 2016
IamNawty:
oga seun try and add one of ur hands inside with d legs nxt tym

Odabeniwipe oga seun o sherey wen we was small grin
Seun am angry wit u ooo undecided so u didn't reply my diary abi? undecided bestie tell him I say I will show him undecided grin
heheheheheheh

It's better you beg my bestie oo oga. She's a lawyer or else she go show you cheesy.
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by IamNawty(f): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2016
MissHatey:
heheheheheheh

It's better you beg my bestie oo oga. She's a lawyer or else she go show you cheesy.
tell seun oo, tell him undecided
Mah sue eh last last ni
Lol shey lala out if frustration replied us one day grin seun is d nxt person abigrin
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 18, 2016
IamNawty:
tell seun oo, tell him undecided
Mah sue eh last last ni
Lol shey lala out if frustration replied us one day grin seun is d nxt person abigrin
lol. Yes, I remember too. He got tired and replied. Seun will reply us if we deal with him very well :DD

Don't let her Sue you ooo. She's very wicked ooo
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by dorox(m): 7:55am On Aug 18, 2016
The fact that he is a liar does not surprise me, afterall you cannot be a seccessful dupe without telling a few lies every now and then. What I find surprising is the number of people that believes such an obvious lie?

2 Likes

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by amicable09(f): 8:56am On Aug 18, 2016
Lol.
Seun, when you have the facts, mention me. I was going to comment on the story by Baba Adeboye but I see that's not the reason why the thread was created.

I don't know who the government official is but if Baba said he didn't pray for the man's death, why are people calling him a liar here?
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by free2ryhme: 9:09am On Aug 18, 2016
Awesome
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by ayobase(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:

At least, I am glad you do listen to him if only for his communication style and findings.

Just one day.

Yeah, while reading through, I also thoughts of the questions you later asked.

I am curious as you are.

1 Like

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by ayobase(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2016
amicable09:

I don't know who the government official is but if Baba said he didn't pray for the man's death, why are people calling him a liar here?

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by ayobase(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Initially I didn't believe that it'd be possible to put two legs in one trouser leg, but I tried it some minutes ago and the second leg went in almost half-way. It's not clear that it can happen by accident, though, since it required some effort.

I also find the qualities of the government official to be a bit unrealistic, because the story is set in a great nation. Can one man be all that?

God warned Pharaoh several times, but his stubbornness resulted into destruction.

Two kinds of people;

1. Candle-like heart: You bring fire (troubles) to caution these ones and they melt (succumb)

2. Mud-like heart: You bring fire (troubles) to caution these ones, but they get harder (more obstinate)

At least, you didn't hear Pastor Adeboye say he prayed concerning the situation.

Meanwhile, I'm so curious as you are to knowing the man, the country...
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by ayobase(m): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2016
ireneony:

You have already concluded without research.
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by accountbalance: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
1. I thought Jesus said pray for your enemies. sad

2. I also thought the Bible said the heart of the King and his chiefs are in God's hand. Why wasn't it changed? So the man will go to he'll or what?

1 Like

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by LordCenturion(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:

Not to talk of that, maybe he was trying to make it a new proverb, what is bothering me was that , how does he knows that he put two leg in one trouser leg, was he there where the man was dressing grin grin grin , this man don dey render himself useless nowadays, maybe nah because him don dey old, because him no dey make noise like this before grin

3 Likes

Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by pinkydove: 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
JESUSBOIY:
i don't think seun is trying to paint anybody black here,please reread the post.. He just asked a very logical question...use your head ok? undecided undecided undecided
i didn't mention anyone, ok? undecided undecided
Re: Death By Trouser For Opposing Church Dedication - Pastor Adeboye by goldenboyofpsy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
LordCenturion and etal,even if you all have freedom of expression,views,opinions and perspectives about an issue or someone,let's learn to respect old age. At least if not for anything,you will get even more when you throw caution into the wind.Seun,am not against ur atheist ideology that pulls down supernatural events but try and add some morals so you don't get more than you bargain for. For those who just follow Seun sheepishly,when una for begin suffer un top talking against men of God,don't say na waitch cause am o. If you are not pleased,use your skill,view or knowledge for something productive. My little cent. He who has ears,let him/her ear. If you don't have an identity,create one or follow a sure path that leads to life.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is God And Juju (vodoo) When It Really Matters? / Stop Starring at lustful images and videos (wicked Spirit Of lust) / Do Not Take The Covid Vaccine. The Vaccine Is Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.