Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Our Strength Is In Our Diversity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Strength Is In Our Diversity (1564 Views)

There Is No Unity In Our Diversity, We Must Restructure! / Our Diversity Is The Cause Of Our Disunity / You Are The Bridge That Holds Our Diversity, Gov Sani Bello To Okorocha@54 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by rayzornaija(m): 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
Alright! So I was reading earlier about a man who named his pet dog Buhari on the front page of nairaland.com and I couldn't help but wonder how tribalism and political bigotry has divided my beloved country Nigeria.
Personally I think the entity "Nigeria" is on the verge of collapse unless something is done urgently. We should stop seeing ourselves as yoruba, igbo or Hausa and start seeing ourselves as Nigerians for goodness sake.
Every Nigerian has a God given right to name their pets whatsoever they wish without fear.... After all we are under a democratically elected government.

How are we supposed to be the giant of Africa when we are busy creating ethnic hatred and unnecessary tension within our immediate communities? The rest of the world is watching.
When Nigerians travel they receive inhumane and unpalatable treatment from immigration officers, even from third world countries that cannot stand up to Nigeria in terms of wealth, human capital and natural resources.
I have one piece of advice for every Nigerian >
To the IGBOS.... forgive your fellow country men and help move the country forward.

YORUBAS..... Love your neighbour as yourselves.

HAUSAS.... Nigeria doesn't belong to you, It belongs to us all and learn to learn to be tolerant in terms of religion.

Thank you all. OKE OSISI 1 of nteje
#onelovenaija

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by attackgat: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
rayzornaija:
Alright! So I was reading earlier about a man who named his pet dog Buhari on the front page of nairaland.com and I couldn't help but wonder how tribalism and political bigotry has divided my beloved country Nigeria.
Personally I think the entity "Nigeria" is on the verge of collapse unless something is done urgently. We should stop seeing ourselves as yoruba, igbo or Hausa and start seeing ourselves as Nigerians for goodness sake.
Every Nigerian has a God given right to name their pets whatsoever they wish without fear.... After all we are under a democratically elected government.

How are we supposed to be the giant of Africa when we are busy creating ethnic hatred and unnecessary tension within our immediate communities? The rest of the world is watching.
When Nigerians travel they receive inhumane and unpalatable treatment from immigration officers, even from third world countries that cannot stand up to Nigeria in terms of wealth, human capital and natural resources.
To the IGBOS.... forgive your fellow country men and help move the country forward.

HAUSAS.... Nigeria doesn't belong to you, It belongs to us all and learn to learn to be tolerant in terms of religion.

Thank you all. CHIMEZIE RAYMOND UCHENNA aka OKE OSISI 1 of nteje
#onelovenaija

People like you have been singing the song of "strenght in our diversity" for 102 years since Lord Lugard came to Africa to illegally declare us all Nigerians. So far, your "stenght in diversity" has led to waves of genocide starting in 1945, 1953, 1966 and culminated in a civil war that claimed 3 million lives. You are still singing the same song as your economy goes down the drain, tribalism and nepotism is on the rise, daily massacres by herdsmem and Boko Haram.

Nna, even a fool will at sometime start asking when the foolishness will stop. It doesn't take 102 years for anyone to know what works and what doesn't.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by rayzornaija(m): 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
attackgat:

People like you have been singing the song of "strenght in our diversity" for 102 years since Lord Lugard came to Africa to illegally declare us all Nigerians. So far, your "stenght in diversity" has led to waves of genocide starting in 1945, 1953, 1966 and culminated in a civil war that claimed 3 million lives. You are still singing the same song as your economy goes down the drain, tribalism and nepotism is on the rise, daily massacres by herdsmem and Boko Haram.

Nna, even a fool will at sometime start asking when the foolishness will stop. It doesn't take 102 years for anyone to know what works and what doesn't.
My brother, the problem is not lord lugard who is dead and forgotten. It is up to you and I to look for a way forward instead of contemplating secession.

2 Likes

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by attackgat: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
rayzornaija:
My brother, the problem is not lord lugard who is dead and forgotten. It is up to you and I to look for a way forward instead of contemplating secession.

102 years, you are still looking for way foward. If after 102 years, you haven't yet undertood that it is time to try something different then carry on.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by searchng4love: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
rayzornaija:
If Nigeria is not restructured the country is as good as dead

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by rayzornaija(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
searchng4love:

Exactly my point and you took those words right out of my mouth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by apcisevil: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
rayzornaija:
Do you love those who always disgrace your one Nigeria abroad? Do you such much want to share a country with criminals, trouble maker, haters?

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by attackgat: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
searchng4love:

Sorry but Nigeria cannot be restructured because the North is against it. To restructure Nigeria, the constitution has to be changed. To change the constitution, you need a 2 thirds majority to pass the law at the National Assembly. Since we all know that the North don't want restructuring, they will vote against it. So where will the 2 thirds needed to get restructuring come from? From outer-space? Restructuring is never going to happen in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by searchng4love: 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
attackgat:

Sorry but Nigeria cannot be restructured because the North is against it. To restructure Nigeria, the constitution has to be changed. To change the constitution, you need a 2 thirds majority to pass the law at the National Assembly. Since we all know that the North don't want restructuring, they will vote against it. So where will the 2 thirds needed to get restructuring come from? From outer-space? Restructuring is never going to happen in Nigeria.
Secession is not a bad alternative as those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by rayzornaija(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
apcisevil:

Do you love those who always disgrace your one Nigeria abroad? Do you such much want to share a country with criminals, trouble maker, haters?
On the contrary. I hate it when we are branded as criminals, scammers and the likes (even though they are not entirely wrong) but some of us have done tremendously well in our various fields and occupations. That's the image of the new Nigeria that I'm pushing forward for the rest of the world to see not a country that incarcerate innocent civilians for naming their pets after a certain president.
Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by Maxi112: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
and what have you been diversing after the amalgamation?

have you ever had of one Germany or one Cameron?

the only thing we Are devising is our oil, minus our oil, its over for this contraption...

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
Rubbish. Diversity my foot..

2 Likes

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by davidif: 6:54am On Jan 22, 2017
Rubbish. Diversity my foot..

What is this one saying self?

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by davidif: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2017
attackgat:

Let me tell you the story about another African nation and former British colony named Sudan. You see, those in the Southern part of the country had been clamoring for separation for years because of the injustices against them and the domination from the North.

The thinking was that the solution to what was going on in Sudan was for the Southerners to be allowed to leave and form there own new country which they did. It was called South Sudan.

Now fast forward to present day and the newly formed country is in the midst of a brutal civil war. It turns out that they turned on each other along tribal lines and just like when they were still in Sudan they have turned to genocide.

This begs the question, why is it that Africans can't solve there problems amicably without resorting to violence? Why do they let their leaders divide them along ethnic lines? Why are a lot of Africans so ruled by their emotions (especially anger) and are so quick to turn on each other over every single slight? Why do the people easily turn to outbursts of anger and violence when things don't go there way? Why can't they put the past behind them instead of always bringing it up and using it to fuel more conflict? why do they like making decisions based on emotions instead of logic or reason?

And most importantly, why can't they learn to accept there differences and learn to live side by side with each other? We are in the 21st century for goodness sakes and we are still fighting each other? Are the racists right that the only thing we are good at his violence and disease after all that's what they see when they watch stuff about Africa. It seems that everyone is going forward except for us?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by rayzornaija(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
Thank you very much my brother. The major problem we have in Africa is not poverty, it is our mentality. I used to be a great biafran supporter until I came to America and my eyes opened.
Neither Buhari nor Nnamdi Kanu can solve our problems. Our problem lies deep within our brains.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery my people.

2 Likes

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by Yujin(m): 1:46am On Jan 23, 2017
The OP certainly doesn't know much about Nigeria, if he had known then he wouldn't have even contemplated discussing about continuing with this Nigeria. There's no united vision for the contraption. While you're busy building others are more interested in tearing down.

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:22am On Jan 23, 2017
To OP:

Our weakness is that we are not SERIOUS and have no SHAME.

Are you proud to be a Ni.gger? That is the meaning of your country dashed to you by a lepa Oyibo girlfriend of Lord Lugard, in case you have not done research.

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by rayzornaija(m): 4:41am On Jan 23, 2017
Yujin:
The OP certainly doesn't know much about Nigeria, if he had known then he wouldn't have even contemplated discussing about continuing with this Nigeria. There's no united vision for the contraption. While you're busy building others are more interested in tearing down.

I happen to know a lot about Nigeria, as a matter of fact I'm a full fledged igbo man. I have since stopped thinking like a Nigerian. I see myself as a 21st century educated man who sees beyond the bigotry and tribalism.
Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by rayzornaija(m): 4:47am On Jan 23, 2017
WhoRUDeceiving:
To OP:

Our weakness is that we are not SERIOUS and have no SHAME.

Are you proud to be a Ni.gger? That is the meaning of your country dashed to you by a lepa Oyibo girlfriend of Lord Lugard, in case you have not done research.

We all seem to have a solution to the plague ravaging Nigeria still remains an abandoned forest. I weep for my motherland
Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by blackpanda: 6:31am On Jan 23, 2017
OP God bless u. This is the kind of thinking we need to move forward. God bless us all
Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 23, 2017
rayzornaija:
[s]Alright! So I was reading earlier about a man who named his pet dog Buhari on the front page of nairaland.com and I couldn't help but wonder how tribalism and political bigotry has divided my beloved country Nigeria.

Thank you all. CHIMEZIE RAYMOND UCHENNA aka OKE OSISI 1 of nteje
#onelovenaija[/s]

Afonja. For you to ask Igbos to forgive is an acknowledgement that Igbos have been wronged. Most of you afonjas are filled with guilt... deep down in your hearts, you guys know that Igbos have been wronged so badly in this country.

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by Yujin(m): 7:57am On Jan 23, 2017
rayzornaija:

I happen to know a lot about Nigeria, as a matter of fact I'm a full fledged igbo man. I have since stopped thinking like a Nigerian. I see myself as a 21st century educated man who sees beyond the bigotry and tribalism.
I reiterate that you don't know the core vision of this present Nigeria. Every sane human know that a working Nigeria devoid of divergent visions will be to the benefit if all and sundry but that's not to be expected. Some people are hell bent on political and religious conquest than any development you can think of. While the world is talking advanced technology and doing the seeming impossible things, your supposed co-builders of Nigeria are discussing grazing reserves with your military going to Argentina to study cattle husbandry and dairy production on behalf of 'special' business men. Wake up Mr. and face reality. If I ask you what you foresee in this Nigeria 20yrs from now, you won't be able to come up with any traceable pattern of progress. I can still remember Vision 2000 that was incessantly announced on NTA. It's 17yrs from that year, where are we now?

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by rayzornaija(m): 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
Yujin:

I reiterate that you don't know the core vision of this present Nigeria. Every sane human know that a working Nigeria devoid of divergent visions will be to the benefit if all and sundry but that's not to be expected. Some people are hell bent on political and religious conquest than any development you can think of. While the world is talking advanced technology and doing the seeming impossible things, your supposed co-builders of Nigeria are discussing grazing reserves with your military going to Argentina to study cattle husbandry and dairy production on behalf of 'special' business men. Wake up Mr. and face reality. If I ask you what you foresee in this Nigeria 20yrs from now, you won't be able to come up with any traceable pattern of progress. I can still remember Vision 2000 that was incessantly announced on NTA. It's 17yrs from that year, where are we now?

You most certainly right my brother, I'll give you that but however, most of us know the problems but coming up with a working solution to end the tribalism and political brouhaha seems to be difficult
Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by pchukwudi: 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
There is nothing difficult about lending your voice to a referendum for peaceful disintegration.
The only problem I see here is someobe denying the obvious.

The very foundation of Nigeria is WRONG, not just faulty. So please quit that fantasy of eldorado.

If the US, EU and UK are all still having internal issues along racial, national and ideological lines, then you need to wake up and realize that unatural union is unsustainable.

rayzornaija:

You most certainly right my brother, I'll give you that but however, most of us know the problems but coming up with a working solution to end the tribalism and political brouhaha seems to be difficult

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by Godemcee(m): 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
Clinton9000:

Afonja. For you to ask Igbos to forgive is an acknowledgement that Igbos have been wronged. Most of you afonjas are filled with guilt... deep down in your hearts, you guys know that Igbos have been wronged so badly in this country.
we yoruba don't owe u people any apology,u guys can go to hell for all we care.osu with compressed flat head.
the op is not even yoruba
Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by spicymike: 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
Naija don divide already. Just waiting for it to break in pieces.

1 Like

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by Yujin(m): 11:32am On Jan 24, 2017
rayzornaija:

I'm a very pragmatic person. My decision on Biafra is borne out of a well informed knowledge about Nigeria. I'm not swayed by emotions but by sheer analysis of the various factors that have characterized this Nigeria. Nature abhors vacuum as well as stagnation. If Nigeria remains together with this same attitude it will be worse off than present just as today is worse than 17yrs ago when the target was Vision 2020. Not even one of the goals they set out to achieve has been achieved. Is it self sufficiency in Agriculture or is it steady power supply. Road construction and rail lines have not improved. We can't even mention provision of pipe borne water as its impossible for us. Education and sports has degenerated to the worst levels. What about health delivery and security? Worst than ever. So where do we start from? The answer lies in the politics of the contraption. My Economics teacher back in secondary school taught me that when politics submerges the best economic dictates, failure is unavoidable. This has been the bane if Nigeria and specifically, Buhari's waterloo. Look into the future and tell me what you see. Its all gloomy because for two or more to work together, they must agree and beyond that, allow the man with better judgement take the centre stage. Here lies another major problem. Tell me then, in a fast moving world where human wants are insatiable but the resources to meet them consistently dwindling, a wise man should know that we are racing against time. This is why I want Biafra so that my people can use our resources to build our homeland and bequeath a beautiful, progressive and serene country to our kids and the generation unborn. Let those who delight in barbaric laws and primitivity and want to be more catholic than the pope to do without my stopping them. Is it that difficult to grasp?

2 Likes

Re: Our Strength Is In Our Diversity by rayzornaija(m): 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
Clinton9000:

On the contrary my brother, I am not only an igbo man but also a t chieftancy title holder

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Achievements Of APC In Just 16 Months / See The Cars This Pastor Stole In Ohafia. Pix / Sen. Shehu Sani Blast Ben Bruce As He Teaches Him Common Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.