Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court (24363 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode's Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Makarfi-Led PDP / Ikpeazu Reacts To Supreme Court Victory Over Uche Ogah (photos) / Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by KnowAll(m): 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
[size=16pt]But then law is built on foundational Issues. If the foundation of a case is damage there is no remedy. Ikpeazu's lawyer's might have deliberatly lure Judge Abang into his waterloo knowing fully well that he did not have the right to hear the case. Judge Abang on the other hand fell for the bait. Kudo's to Ikpeazu's legal team for a job well done[/size].
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by MrHenshaw: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=obiremy post=48589527]Breaking news;
Live from Appeal Court Abuja.
Gov Ikpeazu wins at the Appeal Court.
Uche Ogah heads to Supreme Court.
Meanwhile other judgements on the same matter are ongoing now.
Do not rejoice yet.
Details coming.....
Credit:Chigozie Victor
B4 nko,ru you not in nigeria.incumben-d (t) governor must bend it.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by MaziOmenuko: 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
I wonder if people actually read content before rushing to comment, or we just read headline and comment? This headlinenis misleading and was mischievously construed to deceive the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Headlesschicken(m): 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
grin Ngwa pips jst wnt dia pip 2b in office whether they are underperforming or not,well tnk God say na all of us follow dey suffer d consequences..
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by engrjacuzzi: 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
abia state has so many bad roads yet the citizens will rejoice over a govt that has and will fail to give basis amenities.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Bigii(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Justice Okon Bastard and fake judgement

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by johnpalmer774(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
MadamExcellency:
I said it that Justice Okon Abang was bought over, together with INEC hierarchy to unseat Dr Ikpeazu and swear in Uche Ogar.

How do you explain the unusual speed at which the Registrar readily produced the FHA's judgement removing Ikpeazu and INEC's Southeast zonal coordinator preparing a certificate of return two day before Uche Ogar requested for it

Stop Fooling urself .....Ogah has Won the Main Appeal .

The judge held that Ikpeazu was not qualified to be PDP’s candidate having disclosed false information to INEC in violation of his party’s Article 14(a) of the PDP Electoral Guidelines and Section 31 of the Electoral Act.

The court held in both judgments that Ikpeazu was not qualified to be PDP’s candidate having falsely claimed on oath that he had met all necessary qualifications to be PDP’s candidate.

Justice Abang’s judgments were based on separate suit (FHC/ABJ/CS/71/2015) filed by Ogah and the other suit (FHC/ABJ/CS/1086/2014) filed by Obasi Ekeagbara.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by johnpalmer774(m): 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
KnowAll:
[size=16pt]But then law is built on foundational Issues. If the foundation of a case is damage there is no remedy. Ikpeazu's lawyer's might have deliberatly lure Judge Abang into his waterloo knowing fully well that he did not have the right to hear the case. Judge Abang on the other hand fell for the bait. Kudo's to Ikpeazu's legal team for a job well done[/size].

You should have wait for the Main Appeal before Praising Ikpeazu's Lawyers cos Ogah Has Won.

The judge held that Ikpeazu was not qualified to be PDP’s candidate having disclosed false information to INEC in violation of his party’s Article 14(a) of the PDP Electoral Guidelines and Section 31 of the Electoral Act.

The court held in both judgments that Ikpeazu was not qualified to be PDP’s candidate having falsely claimed on oath that he had met all necessary qualifications to be PDP’s candidate.

Justice Abang’s judgments were based on separate suit (FHC/ABJ/CS/71/2015) filed by Ogah and the other suit (FHC/ABJ/CS/1086/2014) filed by Obasi Ekeagbara.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Ghettonaija: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hmmmm....just funny
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by KnowAll(m): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
stop Fooling urself .....Ogah has Won the Main Appeal .

Except if the judges in the Apeal Court want to look at the substantive issues in d suit. BUT as it stands Judge Abang has damage the case by given 2 different rulings even though the second rulling is " illegal ".
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by KnowAll(m): 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
you should have wait for the Main Appeal before Praising Ikpeazu's Lawyers cos Ogah Has Won.

I am not saying Mr Orgah cannot win, what I am saying the Court of Apeal might or might not want to deal with the substantive issues in the case since we have 2 conflicting ruling from the same judge albeit one of the ruling is " illegal ".
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by magoo10(m): 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
mazimee:
He is underperforming, I really wish he would be kicked out. You don't expect me to sympathise with his Mediocre government.
Wishes aint horses
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by seunmsg(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
KnowAll:

Except if the judges in the Apeal Court want to look at the substantive issues in suit. BUT as it stands Judge Abang has damage the case by given 2 different rulings even though the second rulling is " illegal ".

wait until the main suit is decided before celebrating. The decision as to whether or not Justice Abang has the power to hear the stay of execution case is irrelevant at this point and has nothing to do with the substantive case.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by KnowAll(m): 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
The substantive issues in the case might be dealt with in the Supreme Court provided there are no infringement in law processes.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Africonji: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
GuyWise:
I said it that

"It will always end in praise"

OVI your God is able

OVI till 2023

Many OVI haters are already on their way to the emergency room from heart-attack!! I TOLD THEM THAT THEY SHOULD ADVICE UCHE TO FACE HIS EFCC CASES AND STOP WASTING MONEY, THEY WERE CALLING ME NAMES AND ABUSING ME. I WARNED UCHE TO DESIST FROM WASTING HIS MONEY BECAUSE HE WILL END UP LIKE EMEKA OFFOR --- BROKE LIKE A CHURCH RAT. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

OVI's MIDDLE NAME IS VICTOR, IT IS NOT BY MISTAKE THAT HE IS A VICTOR. ALL OVI AND NGWA HATERS SHOULD GO AND DIE!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by johnpalmer774(m): 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
Africonji:

Many OVI haters are already on their way to the emergency room from heart-attack!! I TOLD THEM THAT THEY SHOULD ADVICE UCHE TO FACE HIS EFCC CASES AND STOP WASTING MONEY, THEY WERE CALLING ME NAMES AND ABUSING ME. I WARNED UCHE TO DESIST FROM WASTING HIS MONEY BECAUSE HE WILL END UP LIKE EMEKA OFFOR --- BROKE LIKE A CHURCH RAT.

OVI's MIDDLE NAME IS VICTOR, IT IS NOT BY MISTAKE THAT HE IS A VICTOR. ALL OVI AND NGWA HATERS SHOULD GO AND DIE!!!!!!

You must be leaving in the other side of the Country because as far as am Concerned Ogah has won the Major issue at Appeal Court maybe i need to help u out with this.

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by KnowAll(m): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Many OVI haters are already on their way to the emergency room from heart-attack!! I TOLD THEM THAT THEY SHOULD ADVICE UCHE TO FACE HIS EFCC CASES AND STOP WASTING MONEY, THEY WERE CALLING ME NAMES AND ABUSING ME. I WARNED UCHE TO DESIST FROM WASTING HIS MONEY BECAUSE HE WILL END UP LIKE EMEKA OFFOR --- BROKE LIKE A CHURCH RAT. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

OVI's MIDDLE NAME IS VICTOR, IT IS NOT BY MISTAKE THAT HE IS A VICTOR. ALL OVI AND NGWA HATERS SHOULD GO AND DIE!!!!!

It is not over untill the fat lady sings so they say. The substantive case has not being heard hence sheath your celebrative swords until the final judgement in the Supreme Court has being made. Be rest assured the Supreme Court will look at all aspects of the case especially the substantive issue of fraud and if Mr Ikpeazu is found wanton he would be sacked. So make una go pray hard.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by noeloge82(m): 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
Since this judgement what do u think will be going on in sherif s Mind

Well ur guess is as good as mine
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by attackgat: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
johnpalmer774:

You should have wait for the Main Appeal before Praising Ikpeazu's Lawyers cos Ogah Has Won.

That was what I was going to ask as it seems that the main appeal has not been overturned. What seems to be overturned was the issue of the certificate or return. I'm no Lawyer but that's how I see it. If the main judgement removing Ikpeazu has not yet been overruled, then there is nothing for Ikpeazus supporters to rejoice about
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by GuyWise(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Africonji:
ALL OVI AND NGWA HATERS SHOULD GO AND DIE!!!!!!
Iseeeeee

OVI WE KNOW

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by ezenwajunior(m): 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
pay less

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by KnowAll(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
That was what I was going to ask as it seems that the main appeal has not been overturned. What seems to be overturned was the issue of the certificate or return. I'm no Lawyer but that's how I see it. If the main judgement removing Ikpeazu has not yet been overruled, then there is nothing for Ikpeazus supporters to rejoice about

The court appeal can only look at a case from judgments, rulings and prouncement of a high court judge. "Since the High Court Judge in question " has turn the law on its head" by listening and dabbling into a case that he is not enpowered to revisit after given a judgment, it bolds well for the Apeal Court to leave the determination of the substantive suit to the Court of last resort which is th Supreme Court, assuming the Court of Apeal was the Court of last resort the substantive case would surely take a looking at.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Spells(m): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Congratulations. Oya pop something
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by manny4life(m): 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
KnowAll:

It is not over untill the fat lady sings so they say. The substantive case has not being heard hence sheath your celebrative swords until the final judgement in the Supreme Court has being made. Be rest assured the Supreme Court will look at all aspects of the case especially the substantive issue of fraud and if Mr Ikpeazu is found wanton he would be sacked. So make una go pray hard.

So what's the fraud issue at hand here?
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by bjtinz: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
I'm just wondering why the appeal court has not waded into the judicial charade currently characterizing the PDP
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Incense: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Congrats Govt. Ikpeazu. uche ogah can go to any place he likes, we are still waiting for him and will still win him. he should go and face his charges in lagos

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Ponponkon: 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
Beremx:
Congratulations to him.

All these court judgements are distracting his government. Can they just allow him to work?

btw, ponponkon, ole nke n'eme nu? grin
My dear, We give praise to God for everything that has happened. Adim nma,Oke Oru Jim aka,nwunyem na apazi face na anaghim anozi n'ulo steady. Kedu ka n ndi ezinulo gi mere?

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by emajoe: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Just like that? undecided undecided
Abang, whyyyyyyy
Abang should better reconsider all his earlier politically biased pronouncements he gave out.
Sooner than ever, justice Abang will be similar to reversed/ upturned judgements in Nigeria.
Continue grin grin grin
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Okakanu: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
obiremy:
Breaking news;

Live from Appeal Court Abuja.

Gov Ikpeazu wins at the Appeal Court.

Uche Ogah heads to Supreme Court.

Meanwhile other judgements on the same matter are ongoing now.

Do not rejoice yet.

Details coming.....

Credit:Chigozie Victor

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/breaking-news-gov-ikpeazu-wins-at.html
Gov Ikpeazu I hail you
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by PhockPhockMan: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Beremx:
Congratulations to him.

All these court judgements are distracting his government. Can they just allow him to work?

btw, ponponkon, ole nke n'eme nu? grin

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by magoo10(m): 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
KnowAll:

If he is found wanting you say?
Well till he is found wanting all this is just a waste of time.
Okezie Ikpeazu can't wait to start doing his campaign promises
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by lagdmark(m): 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bolustic:
But Buhari controls the judiciary now. Why then is the judgement in favour of PDP
Mumu, both are PDP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Issues Subpoena On INEC Chairman Over Atiku, PDP's Complaints / Atiku’s Witness Says He Needs Inec’s Permission To Read ‘server Documents / CAN President Prays For Yahaya Bello In Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.