Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court (24372 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode's Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Makarfi-Led PDP / Ikpeazu Reacts To Supreme Court Victory Over Uche Ogah (photos) / Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by lordkhalifa(m): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
someone should help me beg ikpeazu to come and open CS park Aba , I forgot my laptop they, I wonder when promoting youth empowerment in this era of government is now a crime... he stupidly sealed up the place just because opposition party used the venue for youth empowerment... CS park is a private investment not government establishment, the owner lease the place for 99years from previous governor, the deal is legal signed by governor TA orji... this puppet became governor and revoked the whole agreement... that' one is not even my problem let them trash it out in court of law... my concerns is my laptop I plug der night b4 he enviously sealed the park... it's getting to two months now.. make he come open the place joor
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by lagdmark(m): 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
attackgat:

That was what I was going to ask as it seems that the main appeal has not been overturned. What seems to be overturned was the issue of the certificate or return. I'm no Lawyer but that's how I see it. If the main judgement removing Ikpeazu has not yet been overruled, then there is nothing for Ikpeazus supporters to rejoice about
All this your analysis will not unseat a ruling governor in Nigeria
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by attackgat: 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
lagdmark:

All this your analysis will not unseat a ruling governor in Nigeria

It's been done before. Ngige, Ubah and Omehia are examples
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abia is under a huge bondage.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by jauthentic: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
UCHE OGAH, IS A WINNER ANY DAY ANY TIME, ALL LIERS LIKE YOU GUYS GO AND KISS THE GRAVE.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by DamiBukola: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Justice Okon Abang is a disgrace to the Judiciary and the noble profession in general.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by TyrantInAsoRock: 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
My major concern nw is NgeneUkwenu
Only God knows how he/she will faring nw

I hope a doctor is there with he/she
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by cktheluckyman: 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ikpeazu has won the main appeal Khahal, Uche Ogah and Injustice Okon Abang will not sleep tonight

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by kahal29: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Ikpeazu has won the main appeal Khahal, Uche Ogah and Injustice Okon Abang will not sleep tonight

Congrats to him Oooo..... I don't have anything personal against it oh so stop making it look as if I have a stake. Only enjoyed the legal arguments while it lasted
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Beremx(f): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ponponkon:
My dear, We give praise to God for everything that has happened. Adim nma,Oke Oru Jim aka,nwunyem na apazi face na anaghim anozi n'ulo steady. Kedu ka n ndi ezinulo gi mere?
ka ma hu nye nwunye nnukwu oge. We women need lots of love and affection

Ezi n'ulo m di mma.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by AyoolaIgwe(m): 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
KnowAll:
[size=18pt]Ikpeazu only legally won what was illegally give to him by Judge Abang. " A stay of execution " . The Appeal Court is sayinng that " Stay of Execution " given to Ikpeazu was wrong as he(Judge Abang does not have the right to give a stay of execution once a final judgement has being determined) by him 2 weeks earlier. Judge Abang by granting Ikpeazu a " stay of execution " Judge Abang is in effect nullifying his own earlier judgment of cancelling Ikpeazu's election.

In a layman's parlance is like the proverbial speaking out of both sides of one's mouth. I think Judge Abang by over-ruling his earlier judgment by granting an illegal " stay of execution " has more or less damage the case of Mr Orgar. it is fair to say Ikpeazu should have a smooth sailing from now except if the Apeal Court Judges look at the substantive issues of the case. [/size]
and wot is/are d substantive issue(s)?
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by diva90: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hmmm Uche Ogah no wan gree... Quite an intense battle
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
It's about selfishness. Nobody is coming to serve the people. That's why they spend a lot in litigations.
Re: Ikpeazu Wins At The Appeal Court, Uche Ogah Heads To Supreme Court by Ponponkon: 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
kahal29:

Congrats to him Oooo..... I don't have anything personal against it oh so stop making it look as if I have a stake. Only enjoyed the legal arguments while it lasted
Enemy of progress, I guess you didn't hear this in the court today."IF JUSTICE ABANG CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW CIVIL SERVANTS' TAX CLEARANCE WORKS, HE OUGHT TO HAVE SOUGHT CLARIFICATIONS" - APPEAL COURT.

These were the exact words of Court of Appeal Justice Ibrahim Shata Bdilya today while reading the judgement in the case between Gov. Ikpeazu vs Uche Ogah.

Read for yourself the verdict of the Appeal Court:

“The issue of tax clearance which puts the burden of proof on the Governor on the tax issues, was not an issue, with regards to a civil servant or public officers whose tax is deducted at source and of which the first respondent was one.
his tax income will be assessed by the tax office.

“I do not agree with the trial judge that it is the second respondent that is the governor that supplied the information to the tax office.

“That would have been true if he had a private business on the side, for which he would have been required by law to declare to the tax office.

“But as a civil servant his tax is deducted at source and imputed by the tax office.

“If the trial judge cannot understand how civil servants tax clearance works he ought to have sought clarifications,” he stressed.

Explaining further, he pointed out that he could not agree that the tax documents submitted were irregular and false.

“The challenge in the originating summons in relation to tax clearance is not any where near the narrow view envisaged by the Electoral Act.

“There is no allegation of non-payment of tax but that the documentation was false. I therefore resolve this ground in favour of the pdp.

“It is my view that the judge committed a great injustice to the rules of natural justice by not listening to all sides In the case.

“By not listening to the Chief tax officer in defence of the Governor he had shut out their opportunity to defend themselves.

“By failing to consider the application of one James Okeji, a director in the Abia State tax office and on the other hand saying that it was an afterthought, the High Court Judge missed a golden opportunity to give all sides opportunity, thereby abandoning his training as a judge,” the Appeal Court held.

It also held that that except a person had participated in an election that he would not be issued a certificate of return and not that could not be decided by a court.

“That is why in the case of Rotimi Amechi the Supreme Court ordered that he should be sworn in and not issued a certificate of return.

“There is a laid down proceedings as to how a certificate of return should be issued to a person,” the Justice held.

Compiled by Chief Barr. Onyebuchi Ememanka

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forest Guards: Enugu Govt Distributes Motorcycles, Bicycles To 260 Wards / We Won’t Allow Hijab In Kwara Mission Schools - CAN Insists / Sanwo-Olu Dances To 'Buga' Song At Lagos Women Support Walk For Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.