Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! (19992 Views)

My Disastrous Experience Making Moi-moi / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Thai Cook Fries Chicken With His BARE Hands, Doesn’t Get Burned!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by netotse(m): 3:45am On Oct 05, 2009
Angela_O:

B.T.W. netotse "not saying its not true" should read "not saying its not true"

A very intelligent African woman!  His bothers laughed off his predicament with moimoi, but his sisters did not; that is the characteristic of intelligent African women.  For over one year, I cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner, and delivered or had them delivered to my baby sister in her college dorm.  In her school, the meals are billed into the dormitory fees; but she claimed she did not like the food.  I was not ready to have anybody disturb my parents back home that she could not study because she lacked food.

When my baby sister first came to the U.S., I made her redo her entire last year in high school before applying to college, so that she can get use to the American system of education and make some friends.  From that, I knew my sister ate all types of junk food.  So, for her to tell me that she did not like food from a prestigious Ivy League school meant something else was wrong.

She has just started her sophomore year, and finally told me why she would not eat the school’s cafeteria food.  On her first day as a freshman student, she innocuously flirted with an African-American gentleman, who was a dish-boy in the cafeteria.  The poor gentleman misunderstanding the nervous-flirt of an African child pursued her for a relationship too vigorously.  Feeling guilty that she may have unwittingly contributed to her own demise, she stopped going to the cafeteria, and shifted the burden to me.  After more than a year, she discovered the gentleman no longer works at the cafeteria; now she is ready to eat their food.

I knew fully well that something else was behind a girl who eats every junk in the world telling me she did not want cafeteria food.  However, I quietly helped her weather the storm.  Now that the storm has broken, I could steadfastly lecture her.  You don’t hide your unclothedness from the person whose hands you are going to die into.  If something is bothering you, blurt it out anyway that you can; I love you more than life itself and I am more that ready to share your psychic pains.

Potu’s sisters are not running to him, only for the sake of moimoi.  They are coming to find out what else is wrong.  The poor lady is probably thinking, “My baby brother suddenly has this dying yearn for moimoi, something is wrong; and I am going to find out.”  That is an intelligent African woman for you!

your reasoning makes sense (of crse i'm not talking the part where u mention my name). . .i get your point!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nerrisa(f): 5:49am On Oct 05, 2009
Angela_O:

B.T.W. netotse "not saying its not true" should read "not saying its not true"

Please don’t waste your time on the mindless drivel of some stupid thing who can only express himself in gibberish.

As the Ghanaian saying goes, “If a sane person chooses to engage an insane person in argument, an onlooker may not know which of them is insane.”

He is just a nincompoop!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 5:59am On Oct 05, 2009
netotse:

only one person?a B.Sc in engineering from MIT and medical degrees from JH and Harvard abi?. . .if to say e true(i'm not saying its not true o!)u wld be to busy to be flying to teach ppl how to make moin moin
B.T.W its ivy not ivey

Thanks for the correction and please forgive my error: I now stand corrected. To err is human; and if I erred, I erred in good company. Reread what you wrote; it’s error ridden and barely comprehensible. Next time, I promise to proofread an item before posting.

Incidentally, in the United States, you must have a bachelor’s degree before a degree in medicine. It is in fashion for physicians to do combined degrees such as medicine and law; medicine and pharmacy; medicine and bioengineering. You end up with a doctorate in both fields.

[Sir, if you are flabbergasted by my sister’s qualifications; I am scarred to tell you my qualifications].
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AngelaO4: 10:41am On Oct 05, 2009
netotse:

Nerrisa:

As the Ghanaian saying goes, “If a sane person chooses to engage an insane person in argument, an onlooker may not know which of them is insane.”

He is just a nincompoop!

Lord, have mercy! I don’t think Mr. Netotse meant any harm, he was simply writing ‘out of turns.’.  He had a need to show he could spell Ivy, while hiding his English illiteracy under ‘broken English.’

Some time self, English na hm papa language!

[Biko yem efe]
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 11:02am On Oct 05, 2009
Potu:

Thanks for the correction and please forgive my error: I now stand corrected.  To err is human; and if I erred, I erred in good company.  Reread what you wrote; it’s error ridden and barely comprehensible.  Next time, I promise to proofread an item before posting.

Incidentally, in the United States, you must have a bachelor’s degree before a degree in medicine.  It is in fashion for physicians to do combined degrees such as medicine and law; medicine and pharmacy; medicine and bioengineering.  You end up with a doctorate in both fields.

[Sir, if you are flabbergasted by my sister’s qualifications; I am scarred to tell you my qualifications].

Hehehe,Potu u don come again ooo! grin grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2009
Lmao @ Ivey

Your sister sounds jobless. Hope you pay her unemployment recession fees for "flying out to make moimoi"
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2009
In Cambridge, I fondly remembered an English girl who returned from a visit to Nigeria ecstatic. She told us, “OMG, every man in Nigeria wanted to marry me!”

likely enough to be true.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Lmao @ Ivey

Your sister sounds jobless. Hope you pay her unemployment recession fees for "flying out to make moimoi"

Danm!That was too harsh abeg! tongue shocked
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Lmao @ Ivey

Thanks. Everyone deserves a caring sibling. I doubt she will be willing to accept compensation, but I will try. She is wealthier than most people, and has already StolenMyHeart (lol).
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2009
Potu:

Thanks.  Everyone deserves a caring sibling. I doubt she will be willing to accept compensation, but I will try.  She is wealthier than most people, and has already StolenMyHeart (lol).

Funny/troublesome Man. grin tongue lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2009
"let sleeping dogs lie."

As my folks say, “water don begin pass gari,” for here!  Please let’s concentrate on telling me the best way to prepare moi moi; and leave pettiness such as who can spell English words better, or who is jobless.

Nairaland should be a fun place for positive encouragement; not childish utterances.  Focus on moi moi, and let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2009
If you're serious on learning then we could strike a deal. tongue
Deal or No Deal?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2009
Potu is dating his "sister"
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Thiefofhearts U don come ooo. grin Potu is my friend abeg,so cut him some slack. wink smiley
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2009
koolchicco:

Funny/troublesome Man.

I think the color of envy is green; what do you think?

(Borrowing from Bassey Okon of “Village Headmaster” fame, “[b]Sometime self this one no wel[/b]l.” This thing who thinks smashing eggs after drawing on them makes better scrambled eggs; also wants to throw stones. Nna wa O!)
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nerrisa(f): 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Opinions are like ass-holes, everybody has one!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Potu is ,
Nerrisa:

Opinions are like ass-holes, everybody has one!

Thief of hearts;

I feel your pain

Sorry!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2009
Potu:

I think the color of envy is green; what do you think?

(Borrowing from Bassey Okon of “Village Headmaster” fame, “Sometime self this one no wel[/b]l.” This thing who thinks smashing eggs after drawing on them makes better scrambled eggs;[b] also wants to throw stones. Nna wa O!)

I hope its not wat am thinking. .? undecided
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by netotse(m): 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2009
@potu
no vex, i guess i was just tripped and mouthed off the wrong way. . . u sef check am now. . .both schools 'try small' in their respective fields(plus am an electrical engineer) so when u said someone went to MIT got a bsc and then freed(in a manner of speaking) it for medicine the ol' engineer vs doctor thing came up(i mean i)

as per the ivy thing it was an observation now. . .u did it consistently i was wondering, of which i wasn't trying to form 'english speaking o'

Good luck w.r.t. all ur future moi moi runs!

P.S. scar me small now. . .i'm curious
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Fhemmmy: 12:19am On Oct 06, 2009
ummmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:06am On Oct 06, 2009
koolchicco:

Thiefofhearts U don come ooo. grin Potu is my friend abeg,so cut him some slack. wink smiley

he said his sister stole his heart? Is that not incest?

I bet Narissa is his sister. Perhaps he left her hanging last night cheesy
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Kunbee: 2:49am On Oct 06, 2009
^^lol oo gbadun
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 5:57am On Oct 06, 2009
netotse:

@potu
no vex, i guess i was just tripped and mouthed off the wrong way.

Netotse,

Sincerely speaking no offence was intended.  If any, I apologize.  Our similarities far supersede our differences.  Honest to God, I just finished writing a police report in which a gentleman (using the term loosely) by the name of Ivey stole two of my Laptops?  I am not concerned by the Laptops but the data in them.  Nairaland is my new method of winding down.  Ivey or Ivy, the rest is history.

I am not above mistakes and God knows I have made many in this life time.  I pray that you forgive me if I stepped out of boundaries.

Now on better terms:
In the U.S., there are about 128 Medical Schools.  You are required to have a bachelor’s degree before admission.  Some schools may allow you to run both currently.  Forty percent of those admitted into medical school in the U.S., did engineering for their bachelor’s degree.  In the U.S., medicine is considered  engineering of the human body.  Nevertheless, students who read history or a language have been known to be admitted.  Moreover, the reason so many foreigners, especially Nigerians who aspire to do medicine take engineering for their bachelor’s is because there are no guarantees that you will be admitted.  And, admission into medical school is very competitive.  Therefore, Nigerians take engineering in case they don’t get admission to med. school; they have a decent profession to fall back on.
I may be biased, but generally I think we are more studious than most other nationals.  Many Nigerians don’t find med. school challenging enough, so they end up combining other doctorates.

The problem is that after you have spent so many years in college, adjustment to the outside world become difficult.  You have lived and worked in an environment that nobody talks back to you for so long that you need serious adjustment.  A case in point:  A physician who is Nigerian went to visit his new girl friend.  His girl friend has a 15 year-old daughter from a previous marriage and he took the daughter a cashmere sweater.  His girl friend wanted to know from where he got the sweater and he replied Lords & Taylor.  The daughter jumped in, “that’s a lie, Lords and Taylor is closed.”  Dr. N was rudely taken aback; he can’t remember the last time anybody called him a liar.  Incidentally, the Lords and Taylor downtown was closed but the ones in the suburbs were still operating.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AishaB(f): 6:08am On Oct 06, 2009
Potu:

Sincerely speaking no offence was intended. If any, I apologize.

I am intrigued. Who are you? I noticed, you did not answer Naijaking’s question? What do you do?

For want of better words, you are very alluring. I am a full blooded Nigerian female and a Quaker (if you have the background that I suspect, you should know what my Quaker means, and it has nothing to do with religion). I live and school in the North Eastern coast of the United States. I will be delighted to meet you.

Please, not for moi moi; rather, to extend my network.

You sound very knowledgeable and very interesting, to say the least (a while back, I read several of your posts in Dr. Balogun’s Health section). I am not the only one intrigued about you. Read what naijaking1 has to say about you in Balogun’s health forum.

I am anxiously awaiting your email.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AishaB(f): 6:28am On Oct 06, 2009
Potu,

Have you heard of a physician by the name of Dr. Londan. He was the former head of department of Trauma Surgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Harvard). He is currently a surgical consultant to several hospitals. Washington Hospital Center (Mid-Atlantic Group) pays him one million dollars, just so they can state that he is on the hospital’s advisory committee for shock trauma. Washington Hospital Center is a Level 1 (Med-Star). All he does for that money is to review their trauma protocol and kill two hours once a year in their Med-Star.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:39am On Oct 06, 2009
AishaB:

Potu,

Have you heard of a physician by the name of Dr. Londan.

Nice try. Mums is the word (lol)

Do you know how to prepare moi moi?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:56am On Oct 06, 2009
AishaB:

I am intrigued. Who are you? I noticed, you did not answer Naijaking’s question? What do you do?
I am a full blooded Nigerian female and a Quaker

Less I forget; the first medical school in the United States (Quakers). Common knowledge, it does not proof anything (lol).
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 8:12am On Oct 06, 2009
Kunbee:

oo gbadun

Ose O!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 8:18am On Oct 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Dear ThiefOfHearts;

This is to ask your forgiveness if I have offended you in anyway and to let you know that everything is taken in good faith.  I consider every male in this forum my brother and every female my sister; and to that extent, I love you all very much. 

Many in this forum have tried to help me by lifting me, and many (like you) have tried to help me by prodding me.  In your different ways, you have all tried to help me and have broadened different facets of me.  Therefore; to all, I say thank you.

ThiefOfHerts, have poked jokes at me and I confess, I have done the same to you.  This then is not to say that you should stop the prodding from coming.  Rather, this is to say everything is taken in good faith.  Please do not stop[b];[/b] your prodding has been very jocular to my boring routines, and I enjoyed them very much.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nerrisa(f): 9:33am On Oct 06, 2009
Potu:

I enjoyed them very much.

As you may have gathered from my lackluster name, I am not a Nigerian. Rather, I am a Cameroonian with a lot of African friends, many of whom are Nigerians. Like others, I have read many of your articles and on some topics of common interest (not moi moi), they have been very crisp and succinct.

Now, I beg to join the chorus and ask; who are you? Please give your quest for moi moi a rest and come back to Balogun’s medical forum. Lots of people desperately need your help!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2009
Kunbee:

^^lol oo gbadun

am I lying?  grin

Potu, its good to know that unlike others you can take a joke. I appreciate that. HOWEVER, no one likes a dude that has to rely on others for things. I know many Naija dudes that can cook very well (my father included), you have no excuse
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

am I lying?  grin

Potu, its good to know that unlike others you can take a joke. I appreciate that. HOWEVER, no one likes a dude that has to rely on others for things. I know many Naija dudes that can cook very well (my father included), you have no excuse

I guess ur talking about the 'Master chef' (Myself). undecided grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cooking Soups With Only Groundnut Oil Instead Of Palm (red)oil / Indomie Noodles Made In Nigeria Are Safe For Consumption ― NAFDAC / What's Your Favourite Biscuit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.