Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! (20032 Views)

My Disastrous Experience Making Moi-moi / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Thai Cook Fries Chicken With His BARE Hands, Doesn’t Get Burned!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nerrisa(f): 2:12am On Oct 07, 2009
Potu:

Since she started all this; do you intend posting your sister's moi moi recipe?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AdeRex: 2:50am On Oct 07, 2009
Nerrisa:

Since she started all this; do you intend posting your sister's moi moi recipe?

Me, I like moimoi and eko. Make you count me in O! Oga.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AishaB(f): 3:40am On Oct 07, 2009
Potu:

Thanks. I received it
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nerrisa(f): 3:53am On Oct 07, 2009
Potu,

My only interest in nairaland was the great information you provided in Balogun's corner. In fact, that was the only real reason I registered in nairaland.

Can you provide an approximate date you will be back there. Moimoi is not a Cameroonian dish.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 07, 2009
where is this Balogun's corner?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 4:49am On Oct 07, 2009
tpia.:

where is this Balogun's corner?

Please, where is Balogun's corner?

Health Section. Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 4:58am On Oct 07, 2009
koolchicco:

Nerrisa:

AishaB:

Thanks. I received it

My heart bleeds for all of you who want me to abandon my corner for another’s. I especially empathize with you Nerrisa, for enduring the tribulations for what I desire; especially where the object of my desires is not your forte.

I am grateful to everyone who posted in my corner, regardless of the content of their postings. However, a handful of those who posted (many of them registering in Nairaland for my sake), deserve honorable mention. Such people include Aisha, Nerrisa (you), Angela, Koolchicco, and Gamine. You all have my contact information outside Nairaland. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

The next few days are going to be very hectic for me; as I prepare to receive and entertain an August visitor. After that we will be off to Miami to visit another relative for a week.

Should the expected moi moi turn out palatable; (I will be taking notes religiously during its preparation): I will post the moi moi’s recipe on or before Monday, October 12, 2009. If you do not see a moi moi recipe by D’ day; then you can safely assume that it did not turn out palatable.

At such time that you are able to persuade Mr. Koolchicco to provide me with Sunny Bobo’s contact information; I will gladly do two posts on requests of your choosing in Balogun’s corner. If you happen to run into Naijaking1, please let him know I cherish his thoughts; they were very flattering. The offer remains open indefinitely. You all have my contact information outside Nairaland. I will be glad to hear from you!
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 07, 2009
However, a handful of those who posted (many of them registering in Nairaland for my sake), deserve honorable mention.  Such people include Aisha, Nerrisa (you), Angela, Koolchicco, and Gamine.

Gamine registered on NL for your sake? abi na typo.

You should also thank your friends and foes alike in the spirit of true sportsmanship.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2009
tpia.:

Gamine registered on NL for your sake? abi na typo.
You should also thank your friends and foes alike in the spirit of true sportsmanship.

It is not a typo.  My statement was 'Many were registered in NL for my sake,' not all.  Gamine did not register in NL for my sake.  I stand corrected and I apologize if I caused any confusion. 

I also stated categorically that “I am grateful to everyone who posted in my corner, regardless of the content of their postings.” 

If I may ask, are you in the medical field?

Peace and love always. 

[One thing led to another and before you know it; the hand-shake is beginning to cross elbow.]
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AngelaO4: 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2009
Potu,

How have you been? I see you can take and give with the best of them (lol). What happened with the Laptop thing? How did Ivey get them; did he break into your house? I am sorry you lost your Laptops and I pray you recover the data some how. Was the data a lot; and were they confidential? Ndo ya; pele.

I tell my husband the same thing every time. Be careful with these people. I don’t trust them further than I can see them.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2009
Angela_O:

Potu,

How have you been? I see you can take and give with the best of them (lol). What happened with the Laptop thing? How did Ivey get them; did he break into your house? I am sorry you lost your Laptops and I pray you recover the data some how. Was the data a lot; and were they confidential? Ndo ya; pele.

I tell my husband the same thing every time. Be careful with these people. I don’t trust them further than I can see them.

You are a woman after my heart. Thanks for asking. Jason Ivey is a security guard in the premises. He was hired under the Ex-Con program, where ex-convicts are given a second chance in society. He is also a known cocaine addict who revolves from program to program; while stealing to support his habit. Each of the Laptop had a 2-TB hard drive; and I have not recovered the data until now. He was seen on video tape breaking into my locker: the locker, he was supposed to be guarding. The facility fired him, and before the police could arrest him, he went underground.

Thanks for the support in Nairaland. Believe me I can hold my own. I have been called worst things on the soccer field; and I don’t mean by the opposing team.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Hauwa1: 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2009
ummm, interesting!

i dont like moi moi made with skin, but use brown beans if u wish to eat skinful moi moi cool wink

skinless moi moi anyday. by the way, which come be steak again for moi moi, na wah oo.

david said shaki and liver for moi moi the other day. man! grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2009
*Hauwa*:

ummm, interesting!

i dont like moi moi made with skin, but use brown beans if u wish to eat skinful moi moi cool wink

skinless moi moi anyday. by the way, which come be steak again for moi moi, na wah oo.

david said shaki and liver for moi moi the other day. man! grin

My brother,

I was just trying to cook-up a balanced meal. I had no clue you don’t put steak in moi moi! Now I know, and knowing is the first step.

Thanks

‘Shaki,’ isn’t that beef tripe (some type of cow stomach). Long time ago, my father use to eat tripe. We (the children) gather and watch him with awe as he consumed cow intestines (iyak!). Thanks, but no; thanks.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2009
shaki is welfare food
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2009
saki is delicious cheesy

liver can go in moimoi but not saki or steak. Whatever goes in it must be soft with the exception of dried fish, crayfish or prawns. But fresh fish tastes better, imo.

Though of course people can experiment.

Potu:

It is not a typo. My statement was 'Many were registered in NL for my sake,' not all. Gamine did not register in NL for my sake. I stand corrected and I apologize if I caused any confusion.

I also stated categorically that “I am grateful to everyone who posted in my corner, regardless of the content of their postings.”

If I may ask, are you in the medical field?

Peace and love always.

[One thing led to another and before you know it; the hand-shake is beginning to cross elbow.]

no problem! I figured it out later.

No, I'm not in the medical field.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Potu(m): 12:17am On Oct 08, 2009
tpia.:

saki is delicious cheesy

In that case, my next adventure will be to try saki.  We use to watch my dad relish it.  No kidding, the thought of eating cow intestines was disgusting.  If it taste nice; I will close my eyes and try it.

Thank you
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nerrisa(f): 12:33am On Oct 08, 2009
[quote author=koolchicco link=topic=329632.msg4680486#msg4680486
[quote][/quote]

Mr. Koolchicco,

Please, kindly give Potu the contact information for Sonny Bono.

Thank you
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AdeRex: 1:09am On Oct 08, 2009
Potu:

OMG! You mean say kosomi no be juju. Na just drug like egbo (weed). a-ask one Naija doc here for Berkeley whether him no about juju dem call kosomi. He look me like a don go crazy. He say, him never hear of kosomi and make him give me good advice; “Juju no de.” a-just say OK, a-walk away.

My paddy they comute from some woman house for Ikorodu to work at Apapa; 6 days a week, you say juju no dey. OK!

You no something. I will invite my paddy to come visit me for Berkeley. The Maritime Lines him de work, na him papa and my papa get am. So, time-off from work no be problem; visa no be problem. Ganja de take like 30 days to clear for body; a go force am make him stay here for 2 months. So, a-feel say for 2 months the Kosomi go clear from him body. Even if him need detox, a don ready. That shit go clear for him system. After the kosomi clear from him body; then a go tell am: MF, you be drug addict.

Mr. Potu, God bless you. You sabi things O! Thank you.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by AngelaO4: 1:27am On Oct 08, 2009
Nerrisa:

Mr. Koolchicco,

Thank you

Oya O! O mashe O! Ashia!

Nerrisa;

It is not Sonny Bono. It is Sunny Bobo. Sonny Bono is Cher’s husband who died in a skiing accident many years ago. So, except Mr. Koolchicco is a medium; he will not know how to contact Sonny Bono (lol).

Sunny Bobo, on the other hand is a popular Nigerian bongo musician. I have already given Potu the information on how to contact Sunny (Pascall) in Nigeria. A Nollywood producer, Mr. P is very good friends with Pascall, and Mr. P is very good friends with my husband.

Shoot Potu an email. He is very busy right now; and may be going down South very soon.

Love
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 08, 2009
Potu:

In that case, my next adventure will be to try saki.  We use to watch my dad relish it.  No kidding, the thought of eating cow intestines was disgusting.  If it taste nice; I will close my eyes and try it.

Thank you

you're welcome.

saki is very tasty, imo. Moreso you only add water when cooking, no need for maggi or any seasoning besides a little salt which is also optional.

Saki is mainly cow stomach. not intestine. In Nigeria I think we braid the intestines before cooking though that might be goat, not cow.

However, if it turns you off, dont eat it unless you're the adventurous type.

Tripe pepper soup is out of this world.

Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2009
Nerrisa:

Mr. Koolchicco,

Thank you

Nerrisa,Mr. Potu's quest for Sunny Bobo's contact has been sorted.Thanks a bunch for caring however,Mr. Potu is a good Man hence deserves the best.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Fhemmmy: 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
what has stripes got to do with Moi Moi?
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nerrisa(f): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2009
tpia.:

you're welcome.

saki is very tasty, imo. Moreso you only add water when cooking, no need for maggi or any seasoning besides a little salt which is also optional.
Saki is mainly cow stomach. not intestine. In Nigeria I think we braid the intestines before cooking though that might be goat, not cow.
However, if it turns you off, dont eat it unless you're the adventurous type.
Tripe pepper soup is out of this world.

Fhemmmy:

what has stripes got to do with Moi Moi?

Fhemmmy,

Someone else suggested stripes in moi moi, and Tpia was gracious enough to let Potu know that Stripe is very tasty but does not go into moi moi.  Tpia is simply following up with and pre-empt another forum on how to prepare stripe.

Hopefully, that explains what stripe has to do with moi moi.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nerrisa(f): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2009
koolchicco:

Nerrisa,Mr. Potu's quest for Sunny Bobo's contact has been sorted.Thanks a bunch for caring however,Mr. Potu is a good Man hence deserves the best.

Mr. Koolchicco,

Thank you very much. I apologize for the mix up of Sunny and Sonny. (How do you write it, “Ar no be naija.” Is that how you write it? (lol)
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
Stripes in Moi Moi? shocked grin
Hmmm,I berra sign off from this thread b4 I loose my culinary/cooking prowess. undecided
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2009
Nerrisa:

Mr. Koolchicco,

Thank you very much. I apologize for the mix up of Sunny and Sonny. (How do you write it, “Ar no be naija.” Is that how you write it? (lol)

You're most gracious,Narrisa!Where about are u from since "U no be naija"? grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Nerrisa(f): 3:01am On Oct 09, 2009
koolchicco:

You're most gracious,Narrisa!Where about are u from since "U no be naija"

Buea, Southwest Cameroon
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by Fhemmmy: 4:05am On Oct 09, 2009
Nerrisa:

Fhemmmy,

Someone else suggested stripes in moi moi, and Tpia was gracious enough to let Potu know that Stripe is very tasty but does not go into moi moi.  Tpia is simply following up with and pre-empt another forum on how to prepare stripe.

Hopefully, that explains what stripe has to do with moi moi.

i think that will be some nasty Moi Moi, cos yu have to chew the stripes.
And by the time i am done chewing it, i will be too bored with the moi moi.
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i think that will be some nasty Moi Moi, cos yu have to chew the stripes.
And by the time i am done chewing it, i will be too bored with the moi moi.

Rotflmao, grin grin grin grin
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by koolchicco: 11:29am On Oct 09, 2009
Nerrisa:

Buea, Southwest Cameroon

Hmm Good!Cameroonians are very nice peeps.Thanx for being a good friend.One love! kiss
Re: Just Doesn’t Taste Like Moi Moi! by dawnosakue: 10:46pm On Mar 06, 2010
Hmm, i just made and am eating the most delicious batch of moimoi ever. i made it with bean flour, added dry pepper and sauce cubes(maggi), salt and a teaspoon of tin tomatoes(for colour). i mean its the most miserly recipe ever but it turned out so well! i used foil paper and it cooked in less than 40 minutes.
Major problem now: how do i preserve? do i put it in the fridge or freezer(in 9ja we cook and eat same day!) Help please!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Indomie Noodles Made In Nigeria Are Safe For Consumption ― NAFDAC / What's Your Favourite Biscuit? / See How To Make The Best And Tastiest Meat Pies At Home (photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.