Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away (47776 Views)

Onitsha Shoprite Hit By Black Friday- Pictures / Inside Onitsha Shoprite: See What I Saw / Exclusive Pictures From Onitsha Shoprite Opening;as Obiano Leads First Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by Odogwuskido(m): 7:07am On Aug 19, 2016
ayoolanr:

That's because they are still evolving!! They don't know how to organize and administer themselves!!!!! If Biafra ever came to fruition, South Sudan's case would look like child's play compared to what would become of Biafra!!!!

That should be our headache, not urs so chill...
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by Doug07034780891(m): 7:16am On Aug 19, 2016
Stop spitting everywhere. This report is not well researched. Onitsha mall I know is fully loaded with people everyday more especially weekends. Asaba supermarket under cinstruction will not affect anything in Onitsha because Asaba is more or less a suburb of Onitsha.

All over the country people go to malls to take pictures. I was in warri shoprite recently on a Saturday the place was like a ghost shop as the place was scanty due to low shoppers and bad security situation in the area.

[s]
Joe4lv:

I first liked your statement before I felt I should reply you.
Let me give you facts about Onitsha shoppers as per shoprite:
1. 80% of the crowd in shoprite are there to buy bread
2. 90% of youths are there for pics and maybe a big bottle of coke and fanta are bought along side.
3. An average Onitsha men prefer to go drink beer in kiosks than going to shoprite.
4. There is a growing trends around town that shoprite things are expensive so people don't really patronize the place.

Please OP,have you been to lekki shoprite? What about Jabi's or even Enugu? Owerri is also close by.

We must tell ourselves the truth, Onitsha shoprite will soon be a monumental failure especially when Asaba goes live cos most of the people you see there are from Asaba,Awka and Nnewi especially on weekends.
[/s]
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by nwoye72: 7:21am On Aug 19, 2016
nwakaibe:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/onitsha-shoprite-idles-away/
igbos get too much sense which leeds them nowhere. calculate everything one by one
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by engrchykae(m): 7:32am On Aug 19, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Trust Anambrarians, no time for doling out extra cash over some items you can get fairly cheaper in nearby shops. Besides Anambrarians don't sped foolishly like ndi owerri who looks unnecessary showmanship and good time!
my. girlfriend dragged me to ikeja shoprite and I bought only their icecream.
imagine paying exorbitant prices for funny stuffs
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by miketayo(m): 7:44am On Aug 19, 2016
nwakaibe:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/onitsha-shoprite-idles-away/

You mean shoprite supermarket or onitsha mall.. Cos I have never heard of shoprite mall
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by lawnreigh(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=Mrjo post=48602817][/quote] What is this one saying? You have comprehension problem right?
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by dapotemi: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:

We are saying the same thing in different ways.
The Aba Mega Mall in Abia is also bound to fail. You know why? It is an attempt to formalize trade in Aba, and the average Ariaria trader will never leave street trading for some megamall somewhere in a corner.
Same thing is at play here in Onitsha. Enugu and Owerri malls have more hope because they are not market cities.

Let me quickly enlighten you..In as much as i cannot speak for shoprite but i know for sure that my store is doing very well in the onitsha mall. My company got a store their and their sales has surpassed expectation. We left shoprite enugu about six month ago because the place is not doing well (low patronage). Owerri is even average for us, in terms of sales. We make just about 65 percent of what we make in onitsha, right there in owerri. So please dont let us say what we dont know, dont pass "hearsays"as fact...
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by Jibsonified(m): 8:38am On Aug 19, 2016
nwaanambra1:

u know nothing bro!

water is the fastest selling commodity in the entire Bayelsa State! cheesy grin

It is because their water is polluted
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by amerlino(m): 8:56am On Aug 19, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Ipobians no get money na.. drug no dey pay again..dem don almost catch dem finish.. dat full wey dem full d shoprite wen dem just open am na for Selfie and picture.. Igbo kwenu!!! grin
a fool at 40 is a fool forever.naa u get money naa abi?
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by mazimee(m): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2016
Miracle212:
Guy you be area o Which side do you stay?
Hehehehe Nne I stand gidigba for Fegge. I know the state government meant well but this one was a heavy mis.
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by fruityjojo(f): 9:46am On Aug 19, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

Setting up a Shoprite in Onitsha,is like trying to sell water to the people of Bayelsa State(Bayelsa is covered by water),or trying to out drink an Urhobo man in a drinking competition or even trying to play an Ibo man Wayo.

It is never going to work.

Everything inside the Shoprite,Is manufactured locally behind the Shop rite,but only cheaper.

Shoprite in Onitsha not going to work.
LOL the irony of your statement, Bayelsa actually buy their water from neighboring state. Try to visit the state, u will shed tears!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by nkechiben(f): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2016
To the God sent Governor of Blessed Anambra State. His Excellency Gov. Willie Obiano

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 19, 2016
things are very hard now.... stop making things up, it is everywhere
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by computerboy: 9:58am On Aug 19, 2016
dunkem21:
Dem wan try men wey dem born with business on their forehead.. cool

People wey fit sell @ a loss because of turnover and incentives grin

With your second paragraph, it's either you've done business at building market or electronics market. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by jude33084(m): 10:00am On Aug 19, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
crap crap crap. the mall isn't booming now is as a result of the economy, its affecting the purchasing power of the people. come to lag, cold stone ice cream and dominos pizza wey people dey rush wellaz before every weekend. these days their fast food outlets has been looking like a shadow of its former self.
you will find fewer cars at the parking lot. dont believed this crap written here, low patronage is something affecting the whole nation. peoples purchasing power has been eroded these past months. look around you and you will tell for urself #fear the news media ooooo

When matured people comment you know cool
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by ugomakas(f): 10:38am On Aug 19, 2016
Onitsha Mall sells most items higher than d market. It can't be compared with that of Enugu
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by redsun(m): 11:41am On Aug 19, 2016
All big supermarkets like that does is decimate the local markets and slowly poison the people with adulterated and toxic foods that are naturally alien to human bodies. It is not a way to go. Just because oyinbos went that way for convenience and maximum profits does not mean brainwashed Africans should follow as always. It is devastating and unsustainable at the long run.

Eat fresh and natural. Eat the African way,it is better for you
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by ZiggyMr(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:

The richest city in Africa can't even keep a single shoprite branch outlet Afloat? lipsrsealed LMAO
Even the ones in Akure, Ibadan and Ilorin are thriving, not to mention the numerous outlets in Lagos.
I always tell Nigerians, Igbos are more into informal and unregistered economy. Any attempt to bring regulation, formalisation and order to any Igbo dominated venture or towns , and only two things can happen:

*- Such effort will fail woefully, and they will continue with their "wuruwuru"/clandestine trading style.
*- The so called rich businessman will suddenly become poorer than a church rat.
ibadan even has 2shoprite

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by obstead200(m): 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
nwaanambra1:

u know nothing bro!

water is the fastest selling commodity in the entire Bayelsa State! cheesy grin
God bless u for addressing his gross ignorance.
the ignorance was so shocking that i just chose to ignore him.

Bayelsa that uses trailers to import pure water from neighboring states............
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by obstead200(m): 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Ipobians no get money na.. drug no dey pay again..dem don almost catch dem finish.. dat full wey dem full d shoprite wen dem just open am na for Selfie and picture.. Igbo kwenu!!! grin
this level of hate and stupidity is bad for ur blood pressure ooo
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by ibedun: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
YonkijiSappo:

The richest city in Africa can't even keep a single shoprite branch outlet Afloat? lipsrsealed LMAO
Even the ones in Akure, Ibadan and Ilorin are thriving, not to mention the numerous outlets in Lagos.
I always tell Nigerians, Igbos are more into informal and unregistered economy. Any attempt to bring regulation, formalisation and order to any Igbo dominated venture or towns , and only two things can happen:

*- Such effort will fail woefully, and they will continue with their "wuruwuru"/clandestine trading style.
*- The so called rich businessman will suddenly become poorer than a church rat.

So TRUE!!!! People that failed to develop a governance system, no history, no kingdom, no sign whatsoever of a ancient civilization. Abegi!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by Rhea(f): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Odogwuskido:

Change ur mentality,my dear

Mentality?
You must be an importer/exporter. grin grin cheesy cheesy
You have the option of patronizing a business entity run by a rich family of expatriates vs patronizing hundreds of hardworking Nigerians who cultivate and sell what they produce. That way, you can encourage locally made goods and services instead of patronizing these oligarchs that continue to pillage our society in the name of development. The choice is yours and mine to make.
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by Decryptor(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
ayoolanr:

Ara adugbo e ma gba wa o!!! Look at this beastly nit-wit forming champion on nairaland??

Eeyah...sorry oh. Don't worry. I will buy you N100 biscuit from Shoprite Onitsha and send it down to your location because i know there is no supermarket or shoprite there. Just PM me your red-zinc area code. undecided

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by laudate: 1:12am On Sep 11, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:

You are a bad boy!! cheesy Hehehehehe..... cool
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by laudate: 1:13am On Sep 11, 2016
AreaFada2:
Very funny to site Shoprite in Onitsha.

It is a business town that offers everything fairly cheap.
It is also not like Owerri or Enugu with many schools that has thousands of Ajebutter students.

So who will buy at those outrageous prices?

And most of those fairly cheap things are extremely fake...undecided

YonkijiSappo:

See finishing..!! shocked Chukwu biko!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by laudate: 1:17am On Sep 11, 2016
Rhea:
Mentality?
You must be an importer/exporter. grin grin cheesy cheesy
You have the option of patronizing a business entity run by a rich family of expatriates vs patronizing hundreds of hardworking Nigerians who cultivate and sell what they produce. That way, you can encourage locally made goods and services instead of patronizing these oligarchs that continue to pillage our society in the name of development. The choice is yours and mine to make.

Don't you realise that the Oligarchs actually buy most of the local products they retail in their fancy outlets, from local businessmen who produce those locally made goods?
Re: Onitsha Shoprite Idles Away by Justiceleague1: 10:27am On Apr 29, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

We are saying the same thing in different ways.
The Aba Mega Mall in Abia is also bound to fail. You know why? It is an attempt to formalize trade in Aba, and the average Ariaria trader will never leave street trading for some megamall somewhere in a corner.
Same thing is at play here in Onitsha. Enugu and Owerri malls have more hope because they are not market cities.

online MUMbaic minister of Ipob affairs without portfolio and pay..

Just add the 21st

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About The Currency Swap Agreement Between Nigeria/china / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) / Official Prices Of Drinks By NBL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.