Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,307 members, 7,850,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:33 PM

6 Reasons Why You Must Sleep On Your Left Side No 4 Will Shock You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Reasons Why You Must Sleep On Your Left Side No 4 Will Shock You (864 Views)

He Insisted I Must Sleep With Him To Get My License Pls Should I Tell My Husband / Reasons Why You Must Sleep With A Fat Woman / Why You Must Sleep With Your Wife Every Night Before Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why You Must Sleep On Your Left Side No 4 Will Shock You by newsphase(m): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Although, I wouldn't say I sleep on my left side until I got this piece of Information, but for those who toss and turn in bed trying to determine which position would be best for you to sleep in? Will you feel more rested on your back? Would lying on your stomach be better? As it turns out, not only do experts say you should stick to your side, but they even recommend a specific one at that.

Dr. John Douillard turns to ayurveda, an alternative form of medicine from India, to explain how sleeping on your left side may be the ideal way to give your body the rest it needs. Here are 5 reasons why sleeping on your left side will ensure the next day is bright and sunny.

1. It’s ideal for pregnant women.

Doctors have long recommended that pregnant women sleep on their left side in order to improve circulation to the heart. Sleeping on the left side doesn’t only improve pregnant women’s circulation. It can also help to relieve pressure on the back, keep the uterus from squeezing the liver, and increase blood flow to the uterus, kidneys, and fetus. For this reason, doctors tend to recommend that pregnant women spend as much of their sleep time as possible on their left sides.

2. Digestion

Sleeping on your left enables swift movement and processing of food particles from your small intestine to your large intestine, then into the descending colon.

It is even recommended to take 10-minute rests lying on your left side after eating to help your meal be better digested and to recover from the dreaded “food coma” quicker.

Read full article http://www.newsphases.com/2016/08/6-reasons-why-you-must-sleep-on-your.html
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Must Sleep On Your Left Side No 4 Will Shock You by Kobicove(m): 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
Where are the other 2 reasons? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Things Some Girls Do / 5 Types Of Single Girls You Will Find In Lagos, No 5 Is Certain / Here Are The Things Your Wife Might Not Be Telling You:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.