Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** (13049 Views)

Partner With Us To Fulfill Our Promises, Amosun Urges Homeowners / DIY Thread - Homeowners And Supliers / What Types Of Slab Is These? To The Civil Engineers And Builders In The Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by skimanski(m): 9:29am On Sep 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Why are you celebrating wall breakages? grin

I think someone as detailed as AbdulWastecx can introduce plumbing from the substructure that will go within the walls.

The question I'm asking is why not?

The Building Partitioning Method is a Determining factor on whether you'll have wall breakages or not. As for our conventional Block work, we cannot escape breaking for Piping as its impossible to Flow our pipes as fix your block at thesame time. Your brick works have to be Dried up before channeling anything. But for COncrete walls and Wooden Wall partitions, its compulsory you have all your Piping in Place before finishing the walls.
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2016
skimanski:

The Building Partitioning Method is a Determining factor on whether you'll have wall breakages or not. As for our conventional Block work, we cannot escape breaking for Piping as its impossible to Flow our pipes as fix your block at thesame time. Your brick works have to be Dried up before channeling anything. But for COncrete walls and Wooden Wall partitions, its compulsory you have all your Piping in Place before finishing the walls.

Mr. Skimanski, Sir, I've seen your outstanding work on here which always leaves me floored.

You can do without breaking walls. It requires careful planning and a wicked director.

1 Like

Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by Antiquesandecor: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2016
Here comes our solutions to these menace rampant in Nigeria's building sector. With our RMD wall solutions, you don't even need to plaster or paint your walls to have a top of the range interior finish in your homes. For more information, call Pascal on 08026828960. Better still, you can visit our showroom at 1A,Gbemi Oluwa Close, Off Sule Abuka Street Off Opebi by GTB.

Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 15, 2016
Antiquesandecor:

I begged you not to advertise on this thread.

Trust me, you don't want me to open book for your brand. Please delete your ad.

1 Like

Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by skimanski(m): 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Mr. Skimanski, Sir, I've seen your outstanding work on here which always leaves me floored.

You can do without breaking walls. It requires careful planning and a wicked director.

The Issue of breaking walls to run pipes is call conduit Piping. Conduit Piping is running Pipes inside a finished Suffers and not on a finished surface. with wood, to run pipes, you must run on the framed Surface before you cover the final layer of wood. On siding, you must run on the siding frames before you place your final siding finish. On PVC Board finish, you must run on the Alluminum Frames before you put your Plaster Board. Now this also applies when using Blocks. The brick work is like the wall frame and the plastered walls/painted walls is the finished surface, so you must run pipes on the Brick works before you plaster. There is no way you can do block works and run conduit without breaking.
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
skimanski:

The Issue of breaking walls to run pipes is call conduit Piping. Conduit Piping is running Pipes inside a finished Suffers and not on a finished surface. with wood, to run pipes, you must run on the framed Surface before you cover the final layer of wood. On siding, you must run on the siding frames before you place your final siding finish. On PVC Board finish, you must run on the Alluminum Frames before you put your Plaster Board. Now this also applies when using Blocks. The brick work is like the wall frame and the plastered walls/painted walls is the finished surface, so you must run pipes on the Brick works before you plaster. There is no way you can do block works and run conduit without breaking.

Yes you can and I just showed a picture of it above.

Its common place here.
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by 3strikes: 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
I greet everyone. Please what is the best and lasting solution to tackle damp or wet wall of a house?

whenever it rains the wall get soaked.....please don't even ask me about the builder o...cos I will like to keep this thread clean.

Thanks in advance guys.

3 Likes

Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
3strikes:
I greet everyone. Please what is the best and lasting solution to tackle damp or wet wall of a house?

whenever it rains the wall get soaked.....please don't even ask me about the builder o...cos I will like to keep this thread clean.

Thanks in advance guys.

Is the water splashing against the wall or rising from below?

And welcome Sir.
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by 3strikes: 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Is the water splashing against the wall or rising from below?

And welcome Sir.

Splashing against the wall. Thanks
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by mufutau55(m): 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
3strikes:

If splashing... I will think best option is to screed the wall and paint it with a satin waterproof kind of paint.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by skimanski(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yes you can and I just showed a picture of it above.

Its common place here.

THe Picture of Brick work you posted is different from the one we have here sir, and process of installation is different so, hence the outcome. But if you could post some more pics and maybe a video will really love it. For the sake of learning, so as to add knowledge to knowledge. Challenge is the best way to discover the way forward.
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
3strikes:

There's an exterior paint we use here that repels water. You only paint the lower part.

Maybe one of the paint el maestros will saunter in.

1 Like

Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by msogunro: 12:52am On Sep 16, 2016
3strikes:

Thanks in advance guys.

Latex masonry paint should do the trick. Wait until the wall is completely dry, remove any exterior paint, and paint over the exposed block with the latex masonry paint.

3 Likes

Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by 3strikes: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks so much for all your inputs.

Respect!
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by KDK(m): 5:07am On Sep 19, 2016
msogunro:

If only plastic septic tanks were made in Nigeria.

GP tanks make these on request. I was sent a quote for something similar 3 years ago. So this is nothing strange to Nigeria.
I didn't use it because I wanted a reinforced cast on which a car can park.
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by Luongthanh: 10:04am On Dec 10, 2016
I supplier the stone Granite from Vietnam to oversea.
The information as the following:
- Comodity : Granite Stone
Order by request specifications
- Present have specifications: 30 * 10 * 10
                                  20 * 10 * 10
                                  30 * 30 * 6
                                  60 * 30 * 6
                                  30 * 15 * 15
- Order FOB Price: $ 0.99 / $ 0.7 / $ 1.75 / $ 3 / $ 1.99/ Square Meters.
 Please, contact me  : +841665351358 ( Whatapps / viber / Wechat /Line / Zalo )
Email: thanhluong890@gmail.com
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by emmago(m): 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2018
KDK:

GP tanks make these on request. I was sent a quote for something similar 3 years ago. So this is nothing strange to Nigeria.
I didn't use it because I wanted a reinforced cast on which a car can park.

Hello can you help me with the quote or a contact at GP? thanks
Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by buddie(m): 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
@Rotecch77 Was the pre-cast lintel used for all the openings (doors and window) on this structure?

What is the cost implication of this in terms of cost and materials in comparison to the traditional way of doing chain lintel?

Can one still go ahead to add a parapet to a structure as this having the pre-cast lintel?

rotecch77:
Take a look at this project, its pre-cast lintel.

It will save cost,bcs you can constructed few formwork and use it to cast many lintel.

It will save cost of labour also.
It will also save material while puring it inside the formwork
It can be transfer from one site to another

The de-merit
You can't pre-cast longer beam and lintel unless you have crane to carry it.

Re: ** Thread For Homeowners And Builders ** by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 22, 2020
Good morniiiing fellow Naira landers!

The destructive windstorm of the Covid-19 pandemic and the debris left in its trail is huge enough, and the economies of the world fell flat to it, but thank God we did not hit a brick wall.

I am appealing to the followers of this thread not to keep up on it - and the present state of the economy. Let's continue with the good work, am really learning from you guys. �

Let's roll back the wheelbarrows, tippers, etc..

Thanks already!

~a concerned citizen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Current Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tiles In Nigeria 07062764235 / In need of stone coated roof tiles? / BERRY COURT, OMOLE PH 2 EXTENSION With C of O .Dry land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.