Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister (5294 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Shocks Wike, Says Biafra Capital Will Be Rivers State / Biafra's Capital Will Be In Rivers State - Says Nnamdi Kanu [WATCH VIDEO] / Amina Mohammed Meets Her Name Sake Who Is A Minister In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Balkan(m): 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Rumour has it that National assembly is planning to make Lagos 2nd Nigeria capital. A minister will be appointed instead of a governor based on the federal government huge investment in it.

An undisclosed source said that the plan is already underway. My question is will be nice and fair to all?
Your opinion please.
Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by waledeji(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ok

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by meolaniyi(m): 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
I heard this two days ago. I hope it's not true

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Theoritical(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
Dreamers

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Omololu007(m): 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
Rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by NairaandNigeria: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
Absolute Rubbish

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by facelessangel: 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Good development for Lagosians. That means more attention to Lagosians.[left][/left]
Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by NairaandNigeria: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
Absolute Rubbish, Maybe Lagos State to be assigned a duty of managing the economic activity of FCT

8 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is how it should have been for all federal capitals past, now and future that was developed with federal money. Big thanks to Hon. Abubakar for sponsoring the bill, and all the Northern and Eastern members supporting it. Lagos must agree or vomit all the federal oil money she has eaten. The bill already has 2/3 of secured votes and more are expected to vote in favor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by 989900: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
Haterz gon' hate. cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Day11(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Laughable!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Day11(m): 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
Laughable!

grin

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by facelessangel: 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
Olu20090:
This is how it should have been for all federal capitals past, now and future that was developed with federal money. Big thanks to Hon. Abubakar for sponsoring the bill, and all the Northern and Eastern members supporting it. Lagos must agree or vomit all the oil money she has eaten.
I am really in support of it. No ethnic group should claim Lagos. This will put to rest all this issue of Laos being No man's land.

Honourable Abubakar said the bill will help develop Lagos more than any city in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
I thought this was a joke until I saw Abubakar on the floor pushing for it. Why are the media not reporting on it?
Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by rusher14: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
I think they should make Jigawa or Ebonyi capital cities so development may be quickened in those places.

I believe this might take the 2 chambers though.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by searchng4love: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nonsense. We need a bigger LG government not an expansionist FG

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by ConqueredWest: 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
So finally Lagos will be made a no man's land grin

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by seunmsg(m): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin I smell ipoobs everywhere!

Our friends from Uganda are already running riot on the thread. Their day is not complete without long throatinng after Lagos. They even created a mysterious and faceless hon. Abubakar as a convenient cover. Never knew obsession with Lagos can make people conjure up silly thoughts such as what I am reading here.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
The argument of Hon. Abubaka was that there are so many countries in the world with many capitals like South Africa. He said Lagos state should remain economic capital of Nigeria because all the infrastructures were built with FG money. He also said that a minister will be appointed by the president of the country.

We thank God that our lawmakers are waking up to their duties.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Progressive01(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
Even though it is just a rumour according to the op, the traders from the Republic of Ugwu are mad upset and envious already.

I doubt it will but fervently pray this comes to pass. Would love to see the reaction of the inconsolable Wailers.

Perpetually bitter losers. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by basilo101: 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
seunmsg:
grin grin grin grin grin I smell i[b]poo[/b]bs everywhere!

Our friends from Uganda are already running riot on the thread. Their day is not complete without long Drinking after Lagos. They even created a mysterious and faceless hon. Abubakar as a convenient cover. Never knew obsession with Lagos can make people conjure up silly thoughts such as what I am reading here.
as usual, afonja runs away from confronting abubakar his master, hmmm?? Lagos is no man's land, we the "ugandans" don't even need any national assembly bill to take our rightful portion of our nations capital, remember, there are two "ugandans" representing Nomansland at the HOR

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Movic1(m): 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Look @ them masturbating over something dt is nt possible I can see one Sad beast above calling all Northerner and Easterner members to support the bill The same Abokis u hate are now your friends Dz guys from the beast are just looking for what will take lagos from the yorubas SMH what did FG contributed to lagos sef Dy haven't achieve tangible developments in abj yet they are talkn about lag. D guy who proposed d bill Na big olodo

28 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by basilo101: 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
Progressive01:
Even though it is just a rumour according to the op, the traders from the Republic of Ugwu are mad upset and envious already.

I doubt it will but fervently pray this comes to pass. Would love to see the reaction of the inconsolable Wailers.

Perpetually bitter losers. cheesy
better get ready to return to your rusted roofs. Maybe Gwaris should tell all of us to leave abuja for them too and why all you afonja scared of confronting your master abubakar?? see how you are crying like a kid whose toy is about to be taken.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Day11(m): 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Enemy of Lagos State will rob their rod over dis news. grin

Sincerely speaking, It can't work now and forever. Not even the time She discover oyel.

Lagos is peaceful as it is.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Chapter5ive: 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
basilo101:

as usual, afonja runs away from confronting abubakar his master, hmmm?? Lagos is no man's land, we the "ugandans" don't even need any national assembly bill to take our rightful portion of our nations capital, remember, there are two "ugandans" representing Nomansland at the HOR

Osu with too much hatred. Chaii

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Branzy(m): 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
this is plan to undermine the Lagos state government

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by ibedun: 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hopeless Ugandans! All the same I blame my Yoruba people. We need to learn ruthless violence and serious meaness - that is the language the pathological jealousy of the yeasterners will understand. Anyway I know it is not possible! So wailer can wail on. Awon werey!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Movic1(m): 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
facelessangel:
I am really in support of it. No ethnic group should claim Lagos. This will put to rest all this issue of Laos being No man's land.

Honourable Abubakar said the bill will help develop Lagos more than any city in Africa.

If @ll lagos was made the 2nd capital Will they dethrone all the obas,will they change all the yoruba streets names to igbo or hausa names From your logic,yoruba as a language will seize in lag since lag is the capital.

17 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by cheruv: 11:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
I support this move to make Lagos capital territory once more... As compensation for losing the state, the FG should cede kwara to the SW so that their number comes back to six.

Moreover to make it even I think PH should be seized too from Rivers and turned into the oil capital city of Nigeria

We wail for a better Nigeria undecided

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by ibedun: 11:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
cheruv:
I support this move to make Lagos capital territory once more... As compensation for losing the state, the FG should cede kwara to the SW so that their number comes back to six.

Moreover to make it even I think PH should be seized too from Rivers and turned into the oil capital city of Nigeria

We wail for a better Nigeria undecided

Those who come from a hopeless barren and rejected land, our Lagos remain ours period!!

19 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by cheruv: 11:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
ibedun:

Those who come from a hopeless barren and rejected land, our Lagos remain ours period!!
Is anything too small to give in order for Nigeria to remain one?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by coolitempa(f): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
Olu20090:
This is how it should have been for all federal capitals past, now and future that was developed with federal money. Big thanks to Hon. Abubakar for sponsoring the bill, and all the Northern and Eastern members supporting it. Lagos must agree or vomit all the federal oil money she has eaten. The bill already has 2/3 of secured votes and more are expected to vote in favor.

Miserable ipod yoots.... cheesy cheesy cheesy.....jealousy is derived from inferiority and leads to failure....very sad people....

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Quits As APC National Leader, Demands Oyegun Resignation / PDP Mocks Buhari Over 'failed' Abuja Rally / Enugu State Governor Submits First Batch Of Commissioner Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.