Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,917 members, 7,952,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister (5331 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Shocks Wike, Says Biafra Capital Will Be Rivers State / Biafra's Capital Will Be In Rivers State - Says Nnamdi Kanu [WATCH VIDEO] / Amina Mohammed Meets Her Name Sake Who Is A Minister In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by jarkbauer: 12:02am On Aug 19, 2016
The whole of lagos state was never the capital of Nigeria. It was Lagos Island.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 19, 2016
jarkbauer:
The whole of lagos state was never the capital of Nigeria. It was Lagos Island.

Chai.

SMH.

Lagos shall be great again.
Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by 49cents(m): 2:13am On Aug 19, 2016
ibedun:
Hopeless Ugandans! All the same I blame my Yoruba people. We need to learn ruthless violence and serious meaness - that is the language the pathological jealousy of the yeasterners will understand. Anyway I know it is not possible! So wailer can wail on. Awon werey!

Bros no give yourself High BP!

I enjoy the e-war talk: Ugandans vs Brown roof, flat screen vs cone head, ofe mmanu vs aje okuta.......it should be at the level of humour!

Adult peeps don't hate on themselves.....nna cool temper

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:49am On Aug 19, 2016
Hon Abubakar is behind in strategy.

Tinubu called for special classification for Lagos when he was Governor. Fashola called for the same. Opposition PDP govt in center opposed it. Now that the central party is aligned with the visions Lagos is going forward to get its special classification.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by snezBaba: 3:23am On Aug 19, 2016
Abubakr from their much hated North is now the Chairman to make Lagos No man's Land grin. Nonsense toh Bad.Its not their fault since we've made Desmond Elliot to claim surulere,dem fit yarn dust.Awon weray Supporters club

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by apcisevil: 3:46am On Aug 19, 2016
Why cant these diabolical yorubas have their separate country with heavenly lagos? Why do they still want to be in one Nigeria even with their lagos and oil? Yeye the smell

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by proeast(m): 5:17am On Aug 19, 2016
This is a step in the right direction, afterwards, there should be six regions with Lagos & Abuja making it eight regional federating units. Lagos will never be part of the SW except there is balkanization, until then, it will remain a no mans land with a presiding minister just like Abuja. It seems like the restructuring we all are clamouring for, has just started!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by SIRTee15: 5:20am On Aug 19, 2016
even when Lagos was capital of Nigeria, it had governors.....
mobolaji johnson
lateef jakande
Mike Akhigbe
Raji rasaki
Micheal otedola......

their powers were never usurped by the F. G.....
infact, Lagos enjoyed great strides and massive development during the era of lateef jakande despite being an opposition party to the F.G based also in Lagos.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:37am On Aug 19, 2016
Yorubas should be happy with this. It will make lagos richer. I don't know why they are not happy.

Please lagos will not relocated to the north or East. It's still in south west

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by KnowAll(m): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2016
Lagos is a state it has indigenes. It can never be FCT which on paper is suppose to be a neutral place for all Nigerians. All we urge d FG is to maintain their assets in d state. Shikena!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by ImpersonatorSS: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2016
basilo101:

as usual, afonja runs away from confronting abubakar his master, hmmm?? Lagos is no man's land, we the "ugandans" don't even need any national assembly bill to take our rightful portion of our nations capital, remember, there are two "ugandans" representing Nomansland at the HOR

Lagos with 20 LGAs has 24 federal constituencies. Think...

If Yorubas have 21 of the 24 reps, it's okay at this time.

The 2 yeasterners are Bode George's stooges. It wont happen again though.

@OP
It cant and wont happen.
Abuja is not a state; hence it is run through a ministry. It isn't so with Lagos.

Deluded yeasterners should just go and rest.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by mayorchelsea(m): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2016
No sensible IPOD is asking for link or pictures o.If another person writes any unconfirmed thing about them,it's link or source they'll ask for first.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2016
mayorchelsea:
No sensible IPOD is asking for link or pictures o.If another person writes any unconfirmed thing about them,it's link or source they'll ask for first.
remember the grazing bill? We all said it's not true that it's not on the floor. Meanwhile it has passed second reading. This what is on ground. All regions will still maintain their former capital. I don't know why you guys are not happy about it. It's a good development for Lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by ibedun: 10:06am On Aug 19, 2016
49cents:

Bros no give yourself High BP!

I enjoy the e-war talk: Ugandans vs Brown roof, flat screen vs cone head, ofe mmanu vs aje okuta.......it should be at the level of humour!

Adult peeps don't hate on themselves.....nna cool temper

Don't worry I already have it. My people's welcoming, accommodating and non violent demeanor is the cause of it.

We allow all manners of idiots on our territory - one nija my yansh!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by ibedun: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2016
proeast:
This is a step in the right direction, afterwards, there should be six regions with Lagos & Abuja making it eight regional federating units. Lagos will never be part of the SW except there is balkanization, until then, it will remain a no mans land with a presiding minister just like Abuja. It seems like the restructuring we all are clamouring for, has just started!

Fools paradise and pie in the sky comes to mind. It should bother you that nothing worthwhile or useful to this country comes from the East.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2016
This is nothing to worry about. It's good for development. I wish they can make ph the second capital instead of lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by highername: 11:51am On Aug 19, 2016
I see this as a good development, Yoruba should be happy or am i missing something

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by 49cents(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2016
ibedun:

Don't worry I already have it. My people's welcoming, accommodating and non violent demeanor is the cause of it.

We allow all manners of idiots on our territory - one nija my yansh!

Is nairaland now your territory too?
Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by fanyogoforever(f): 12:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
There's nothing you do that can make lagos look beautiful. Lagos can be likened to a pig which if you bath, dress up, makeup it will still remain a pig. Federal government should either save whatever money it plans to invest in Lagos and use it for other meaningful projects

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by coolitempa(f): 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
fanyogoforever:
There's nothing you do that can make lagos look beautiful. Lagos can be likened to a pig which if you bath, dress up, makeup it will still remain a pig. Federal government should either save whatever money it plans to invest in Lagos and use it for other meaningful projects

Here comes another frustrated and jobless iPod miscreant... grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by ridwanayo(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
Olu20090:
This is how it should have been for all federal capitals past, now and future that was developed with federal money. Big thanks to Hon. Abubakar for sponsoring the bill, and all the Northern and Eastern members supporting it. Lagos must agree or vomit all the federal oil money she has eaten. The bill already has 2/3 of secured votes and more are expected to vote in favor.
even if it happens lagos would still av oba's nd nt emir or obi.lagos developmrnt would sky-rocket,nd if at all nigeria divide,it would still be a yoruba land.so quit the bitchhhiing its a win won for us.we would shift our attention to ogun,osun,ekiti nd ondo,while the fedral develop lagos for us.you igbo's would remain loosers nd sad beast

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by fanyogoforever(f): 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
coolitempa:

Here comes another frustrated and jobless iPod miscreant... grin grin
I can feel your pain but what i said is the truth. You either accept it or wallow in your misery
Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by fanyogoforever(f): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
ridwanayo:
I am obsessed with nd igbo. I can't live without them. Igbos control my land.. I will kill myself if Igbos leave Nigeria
Good to know
Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by ridwanayo(m): 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
fanyogoforever:

Good to know
lol sick bitcchh,who cares bout ur Igbo nd ur stupid nri,u can enter d red sea for all I care hoe
Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by ridwanayo(m): 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
One1after:

Lol. Dont you know they pray and wish evil for SW daily. For any crisis in Lagos then it become Yoruba state, for any development they bring there flat head to spew there trash. Mschew
I swear this guys are cursed.they can support the devil himself,just to see yoruba fall.they arechildren of esau nd are bound to be failures though

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by fanyogoforever(f): 2:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
ridwanayo:
lol sick bitcchh,who cares bout ur Igbo nd ur stupid nri,u can enter d red sea for all I care hoe
So sorry for what you are passing through. You look depressed. Drink rat poison so you can end your misery. You can afford it its only 20 naira

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by mayorchelsea(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ogonimilitant:
remember the grazing bill? We all said it's not true that it's not on the floor. Meanwhile it has passed second reading. This what is on ground. All regions will still maintain their former capital. I don't know why you guys are not happy about it. It's a good development for Lagosians.
Lagos should not be the only former capital facing this;all former capitals should.I can't imagine a certain Mohammed Musa name-like being the minister of Lagos and the indigenes would be denied right to chose their governor,by your posts and monicker, it'll be hard to see sense/sincerity in your comments. So your likes can confirm the status of 'no man's land'?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by arushiuga(m): 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lagos is a very depressing city. The pig smell, the traffic, the horrible odour. The roads are death traps. Any body who says eko ni baje dosen't know what spoil really means. Lagos stinks like a decomposing rat in the bedroom. Anyone who quotes me is an idiot

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Mikkyjay17(m): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
This shouldn't be approved.
Many questions to ask,
1. Which development Lagos require for everyone to qualify it the best in Africa again, that would instigates making it second capital of the county?

2. Is this not another tactic to control Lagos citizens to the fullness by whosoever in power, abasing the right of the so called Indigenous of Lagos?

3. Lagos is the proud of other western states in Nigeria, endorsing it won't denied the Legacy of the west?

All these questions and many more needs to be answered thoroughly before having it done.
Re: Lagos To Bectome Nigeria 2nd Capital Will Asume Abuja Status With A Minister by Topmostt: 7:49am On Sep 04, 2016
whoever is advising the northerners must be a really smart person. The SW will seriously be affected if Nigeria is restructured along Geopolitical zones federating units without the Lagos State. So the northerners are trying to tell the Yoruba's to jettison the issue of restructuring or loose Lagos state. Its blackmail. I advise my fellow SS and SEasterners, the best political course for us in this issue is to side the Yoruba's, let them discard that bill immediately and face the real restructuring we have been clamouring for. Its more beneficial to our regions to control our resources that to achieve a useless objective of having Lagos 'answer' no man's land.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Think Osibanjo's Heli Crash Is Fake / Enugu State Governor Submits First Batch Of Commissioner Nominees / PDP Urges Buhari To Hire Mercenaries To Fight Insurgency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.