Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun (15131 Views)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / $2 Billion Abacha Loot: Gov Bagudu, Wife File Suit To Claim Seized Funds In Us / France Returns Artifact Exported From Nigeria Illegally. See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Lilimax(f): 8:15am On Aug 19, 2016
At lease they exported something embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by oruma19: 8:15am On Aug 19, 2016
But how come Nigerians know all the crooked ways to make money? Why dont we channel all this energy in making our system work? We are a people full of talents but we channel our gifts wrongly

2 Likes

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by omogidi234(m): 8:17am On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks ma for stopping the EG for fraudulent use, however, Kindly reinstate it and monitor it so that we can export our commodities. Abi, will you say because Police is corrupt, scrap it? You will control the corruption now, so do the needful with the EG.
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Shedking(m): 8:18am On Aug 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:
She will soon blame Jonathan. grin
APC and complaincomplain grin
SHE HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT.
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by 12Monkeys: 8:18am On Aug 19, 2016
[size=18pt]If Nigerian business men can export stones in return for dollars, how is that a bad thing?[/size]

Mumu ode minister

2 Likes

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 19, 2016
Sibrah:
So she shouldn't raise alarm because it happened under Jonathan and PDP again. Your reasoning ehn . . . Very dàft!

Not that she shouldnt raise alarm...we are tired of the alarms, she should start giving us concrete pathways out this dreadful economy.

Obama inherited Bushes many wahala, but he cleared them like a maestro....most americans ddnt hear all these complain upanda.
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by 12Monkeys: 8:20am On Aug 19, 2016
oruma19:
But how come Nigerians know all the crooked ways to make money? Why dont we channel all this energy in making our system work? We are a people full of talents but we channel our gifts wrongly

What is crooked about that?

Nigerian business men where able to export stone in exchange for much needed forex... so what is bad about that?

2 Likes

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by AfroKnight: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2016
Export stones? Crooked minds from the land of the gulleys. Na wa o. So glad PDP is out.
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by afolayangs(m): 8:23am On Aug 19, 2016
what sort of stone is she talking about?

some stones are of mineral value so she needs to clarify.

The fact that the NXP or bill of lading states the commodities shipped as stones does mean the same is not of exportable value.

But in Nigeria anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Clairvoyant(m): 8:36am On Aug 19, 2016
exporting stones... my country my country grin
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Emempaul(m): 8:37am On Aug 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:

she didnt blame anyone infact she indirectly praised the prev administration for stopping it to cut its abuse and dis present admin was upholding it stoppage
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Boyooosa(m): 8:43am On Aug 19, 2016
just want to know why am reading this...
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by wristbangle: 8:45am On Aug 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Did u read the article?
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by 4Play(m): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2016
Sibrah:
So she shouldn't raise alarm because it happened under Jonathan and PDP again. Your reasoning ehn . . . Very dàft!

Her comments would have made sense when she was in opposition (or rather doing a "masterful" job on Ogun state's finances). But when you are now part of the government, it makes no sense. The minimum you would expect is for the stone exporters to be named and shamed. Instead, like the N3 trillion TSA funds "recovered" (from who?), this is an example of governing by press release - making vacuous statements in public aimed at conveying the impression that you are hard at work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by enigma2007(m): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2016
12Monkeys:
[size=18pt]If Nigerian business men can export stones in return for dollars, how is that a bad thing?[/size]

Mumu ode minister

Seems you did not comprehend her message. Let me break it down for you, exporting stones for dollars wouldn't have been a problem if the exporters did not use the items to claim credits/waivers/grants/incentives from the govt rather they export nonsense and claim credits/waivers/grants/incentives which they now use in importing fish to the country.

In summary, they swindle the country both ways in the name of profit hence why the last administration stopped the credits/waivers/grants/incentives given to them and current administration is upholding that suspension pending when they can look for ways to fix the loop holes that led to the abuse.

1 Like

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by bnovative(m): 8:47am On Aug 19, 2016
sarrki:
Nothing dey say about the last government that I won't believe

If u were not blinded by hate, u wouldn't miss the statement below:

The most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria
She said that although the Export
Grant scheme was stopped by the
previous administration due to
unprecedented abuse, the current
government upheld the suspension
in order to undertake a critical
review of the policy.

1 Like

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by bnovative(m): 8:49am On Aug 19, 2016
Sibrah:

Did u read this?
She said that although the Export
Grant scheme was stopped by the
previous administration due to
unprecedented abuse, the current
government upheld the suspension
in order to undertake a critical
review of the policy.

1 Like

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Mylove55(f): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2016
dunkem21:
Another blame game cheesy
we are only reminding those that are not aware of how pdp stole everything in nigeria even using stone to steal our hard earn resource
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Shedking(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2016
If you wants to be successful in corruption just take your time to understudy nigeria and you will make it.
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by tete7000(m): 9:17am On Aug 19, 2016
sarrki:

And how I wish you read before commenting and you would have seen that all they told you is that the past administration stopped export grant because of abuse and they are simply upholding the decision. Is that corruption?

1 Like

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Catchfire1: 9:27am On Aug 19, 2016
Let us Pray for those exporting stones with the sole purpose of bleeding our economy dry , that God will touch their hearts (if they still have) of stone. That the love of God and of Country be put first and second in all their activities.

We Pray O Lord. cry cry
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by KanwuliaExtra: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2016
2 words only.

FANTASTICALLY KWARAPT! grin
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Goke7: 9:38am On Aug 19, 2016
enigma2007:

Seems you did not comprehend her message. Let me break it down to you, exporting stones for dollars wouldn't have been a problem if the exporters did not use the items to claim credits/waivers/grants/incentives from the govt rather they export nonsense and claim credits/waivers/grants/incentives which they now use in importing fish to the country.

In summary, they swindle the country both ways in the name of profit hence why the last administration stopped the credits/waivers/grants/incentives given to them and current administration is upholding that suspension pending when they can look for ways to fix the loop holes that led to the abuse.

thanks for enlightening the guy you quoted, I work in an industry that was enjoying this Export expansion grant [EEG] until it was suspended, in fact there are lots of backlogs of this grants which are yet to be released.

Nigeria is such a funny country, we complain that Govt does not help businesses but we fail to admit that instances where Govt assistance has been given, there have been serious abuses. Do you know that it was even foreign companies in Nigeria who are into exports that severely abused the EGG in connivance with Nigerian agencies officials, they were making bogus claims in their cost of production to swindle Govt of the EEG funds to themselves. If I have my way I would have mentioned the name of the company who actually put everybody who was enjoying this EEG into this mess.

There was a time too my industry was enjoying direct allocation of AGO [diesel] from the Govt at a very subsidized price to reduce cost of production but guess what some folks in my industry saw it as a way of making some extra cash as they started diverting some AGO to people who were never in that line of business.

We have ourselves to blame as Nigerians, we can't simply govern ourselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by chiefobdk(m): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2016
imagine the ignorance of the finance minister..

we have economic stones(rock) in large quantity in different places in Nigeria.. it can also be exported
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by musa7m(m): 9:41am On Aug 19, 2016
Sibrah:
raise alarm for what? Can't you read and understand for once.......She said that although the Export Grant scheme was stopped by the previous administration due to unprecedented abuse
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by enigma2007(m): 9:46am On Aug 19, 2016
Goke7:

thanks for enlightening the guy you quoted, I work in an industry that was enjoying this Export expansion grant [EEG] until it was suspended, in fact there are lots of backlogs of this grants which are yet to be released.

Nigeria is such a funny country, we complain that Govt does not help businesses but we fail to admit that instances where Govt assistance has been given, there have been serious abuses. Do you know that it was even foreign companies in Nigeria who are into exports that severely abused the EGG in connivance with Nigerian agencies officials, they were making bogus claims in their cost of production to swindle Govt of the EEG funds to themselves. If I have my way I would have mentioned the name of the company who actually put everybody who was enjoying this EEG into this mess.

There was a time too my industry was enjoying direct allocation of AGO [diesel] from the Govt at a very subsidized price to reduce cost of production but guess what some folks in my industry saw it as a way of making some extra cash as they started diverting some AGO to people who were never in that line of business.

We have ourselves to blame as Nigerians, we can't simply govern ourselves.

Exactly! People do lots of fraudulent things and get obscenely rich while expecting the govt to look the other way. Sanity must be restored at all costs and all the undesirable elements should be weeded out and prosecuted fully.
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by enigma2007(m): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2016
chiefobdk:
imagine the ignorance of the finance minister..

we have economic stones(rock) in large quantity in different places in Nigeria.. it can also be exported

You are actually the ignorant one!

The question from you should be: are those stones under the export grants program?

Moreover, she is not stopping anybody from exporting the stones. She is stopping people from claiming grants for such exportation.
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by shellman: 10:12am On Aug 19, 2016
sarrki:

That description is even an understatement!
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Mylove55(f): 10:13am On Aug 19, 2016
12Monkeys:
[size=18pt]If Nigerian business men can export stones in return for dollars, how is that a bad thing?
see as a grow-up ipod de reason like what i dont know, so oyebo gave ipod criminals dollars for stone, hahahahaha, u dont know d meaning of grant or waivers, just go back to school, u are stil a kid

1 Like

Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by Gaskia: 11:11am On Aug 19, 2016
What is wrong with exporting stones if our stone quality attracts international demand? Nigeria is currently importing stones (granite and marbles) from Spain, Italy, China and Turkey. Stone is a solid mineral and Feyemi is calling for activities in that area.
This government lack business ideas.
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by spotmataz: 11:29am On Aug 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Why are we like this, must you create war where there is none? Despite the fact that she said this government upheld the decision of the past one on this issue..
Re: Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun by MadamExcellency: 11:54am On Aug 19, 2016
sarrki:

Sibrah:

I am disappointed in you for failing to comprehend the Minister's statement.

She said that Jonathan's administration stopped export grant because of unprecedented abuse by the exporters hence the Buhari's administration decided to adopt the same policy.

To think that so many of your type liked your submission is equally absurd.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Denies Accusing President Buhari Of Part-funding Hillary Clinton’s Campaign / Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody / Court Gives Abaribe, Others Feb 28 To Account For Kanu’s Whereabouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.