Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? (29032 Views)

Daniel Joshua: Former N-Power Volunteer Gets N300,000 For Returning N60,000 / A N60k Job With N500 Expenses Daily / As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by abbeyty(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2016
wacoj:

Best suggestion so far. Follow this idea and forget those people telling you to run away.
Meanwhile, Hausas are not too good in terms of 419, I can trust them better than other tribes including mine.

I have lived in their midst, I can tell you that they are trustworthy especially when they mention ALLAH!

so, collecting N500, 000 for government job is not 419 ? is the money going into government account or the hausa man account ? this is corruption in highest order. crazy country

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by onatisi(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2016
ceejay80s:
Op run if u get sense,

My childhood best friend and classmate in same nursery nd pry sch scammed me in 2009 , his name is james owunna, the maggot is in london with my £300.
Be will surely suffer for it,

Op , take ur 500k go start ur own business
Did u even read the article
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by butanep(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2016
onatisi:
Take the 50k,pay the Hausa man ,after all the 50k isn't yours,get the job and make sure you verify everything once you get the job. You have nothing to lose since it is the person that introduced you who is loaning you the money.
When you get the job,you will renegotiate the repayment.
Life is all about risk and this is even a safety risk

This is simply what I reasoned from the Saga. You just took it out of my mouth. He has nothing to loose since the huge payment will be done after his appointment letter will be given to him. He has to confirmed the authenticity of it.

Life is all about taking risk. Not everyone can take bold risk in life that's the reason we have many poor people hoping for a better tomorrow but they refused taking that bold step yesterday.

Life Is sometimes about making calculated risk.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by shehuolayinka(m): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2016
The 50k borrowed to you is not small and it's also small. I advise you to pay the Hausa man the 50k and tell the man, that after by our start receiving salary, you will pay him the balance. It is just a calculated risk, that is worth taking.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by manup: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2016
Sakaslim:
bro it depends on how real the whole thing is....since its after your enlistment you're gonna pay, I'll simply advice you to go on with it...besides these agencies don't advertise vacant positions yet they recruit......

His friend contacted the Hausa man who requested 500k with initial of 50k and after the job balance the remaining.
To me, its not fake. The problem for him is to get the rem. bal.
I will advise him to talk to the Hausa man and his friend, they will both reach an agreement. If he earns 75k, 50k should be going to the Hausa man.
Am not of any opinion for him to borrow.
But..... It is risk and all risks worth taking.

If he has anywhere to borrow after he has started work, he can go ahead.
Its just a suffering of one year.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by akanbiaa(m): 9:41am On Aug 19, 2016
Let me ask President Buhari thru the CG of Custom on what they advice you do, will get back at you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by manup: 9:42am On Aug 19, 2016
lacastre:
if he truly wants to help why not deduct it from your monthly salary,......abi for where person wey no get work wan raise 450k?

Exactly my thoughts too.

But it he is serious, he can go and borrow if he has anywhere to do so.

U don get chance, many are looking for this.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by bettercreature(m): 9:44am On Aug 19, 2016
izzou:
At op, you better run. And if your legs are not fast enough, leave them behind.

Until you have been given the job, don't pay a dime.

I don't even trust my relations again, talk less of a friend. Times are really bad. Pastors raping sisters, old men defiling toddlers and the rest.

Don't trust anyone here. If dem no give you the work first, just Waka pass

cool
He should pay the money,i have heard of this before and the person actually got the job,its just 50k he should pay it asap
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by onatisi(m): 9:45am On Aug 19, 2016
butanep:

This is simply what I reasoned from the Saga. You just took it out of my mouth. He has nothing to loose since the huge payment will be done after his appointment letter will be given to him. He has to confirmed the authenticity of it.

Life is all about taking risk. No everyone can take bold risk in life that's the reason we have many poor people hoping for a better tomorrow but they refused taking that bold step yesterday.
Abi oooo, the deposit has been loaned to him,he is to pay back after his appointment has been confirmed ,he can even decide to postpone the repayment for 2 months in order to be sure . And dont be surprised that many of those shouting that the op should run have already started sending him pm messages .
But wait ooo, something looks fishy here .
Why will the op bring such a topic like this to a public forum when he can easily seek advice from ppl close by him
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by sunnychuks(m): 9:45am On Aug 19, 2016
No dull your self. Jump to the offer and play to their game since the initial payment is not coming from you but your friend that introduced you to the Hausa Man. But dont pay any dime. The Balance of 450k will be payed from your salary @ least by the time you will receive first salary you will definitely know if it is a scam or not.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Kay03: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2016
What has happened to morals in our country? Since when did paying for a job become a normal thing? OP, most scams start off as juicy offers so be warned.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by ogawisdom(m): 9:46am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.

No risk no gain, I have a feeling ur frnd and d Hausa man is abt to scam u. Tell d Hausa man dt u will pay d balance frm ur monthly salary. If he refuses then run for ur life undecided

Dt 50k given to u by ur frnd is d bait they will use to catch u cool

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by samazagudu(m): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2016
The first problem is that it is replacement job second is that custom has now changed is not like before. You can only depend on your salaries since the incoming of new government.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by ijeshaboy: 9:49am On Aug 19, 2016
@op becareful a man collected my 170k for civil defence job, he first told me I should deposit 100k that after 3 weeks I will get my app letter, after the 3wks he called again that there is much competition that they said the money is small I ran to a microfinance bank to get a loan of 70k, he is an officer in civildefence, later I noticed it a scam, my dad Is handling his case now as a retired DCP. There Is no way they will not tell you to bring your money since they know you are desperate. I have told the baga that even in his grave I will collect my money
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by abbeyty(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2016
dustydee:

Report both of them to the authoand rities. Don't pay for jobs, it is illegal. Contribute your quota to bringing and end to cash for jobs. That way you and your children will have a better chance of landing government jobs.

thank you for this comment, if we all start to think like this in this country corruption will be a thing of past sooner than we expected. imagining paying to get a government job, it is just crazy and unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Decrozz(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.
don't pay any kobo. I repeat DO NOT PAY ANY KOBO! Somebody close is still regretting this similar action. After 2years, her over 200k is still hanging and that scammed happens to be a prison official. I warned her but she wouldn't listen. Replacement happens no doubt but it's only meant for the ogas who use their wards as a replacement. Don't be scammed

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by abibun: 9:51am On Aug 19, 2016
Y bringing this kind of stupid question online. He never said give me the 500k before giving you the job, he said u pay him when u r offered the job and been paid. On the 50k issue your guy will not even seem it fit asking you to refund it if the guy bleeped up. Don't forget that your friend has relations seeking for Job.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by 989900: 9:52am On Aug 19, 2016
hawk05:
check email domain very well.. For example, the domain surfix is somewhat ABC@immigration.gov.ng and the fake wil look like ABC@immgriation.gov.ng.. Is it the same? NO.. Check the spelling again..

Good advice. I don't think someone doing under table deals will be sending implicating mails through his official email addy though. undecided
#firstflag

The likely scenario: After paying the first 50k, there will be some slight issues (probably some other officer knowing about it that needs to be settled), then he will be asked to raise 200-250k pronto (the friend will promise to help with something or half of that wink), and after 'first dropping' him go dey drop dey go . . ..

OTOH, if the OP is able to play down his hopes and discipline himself to 'knockout' of the deal if any other sum is asked after the first 50k paid, then he can give it a try . . . but ABSOLUTELY no payment till he receives his first salary . . . it is up to him to figure how he plays around that.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by ceejay80s(m): 9:53am On Aug 19, 2016
onatisi:

Did u even read the article

I dint need to read it, only those in same fraud scheme here on nairaland will be pushing him to go ahead , all I know is that he will be scammed at the end of it.....
I don talk my own

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by kenx1(m): 9:54am On Aug 19, 2016
waywardpikin:
Just be sure your friend and the Hausa man are not playing a long con on you.

Every Naija person is a scammer to me until proven innocent o. No time.

Can you guess what Usain Bolt would do?

Including u ba
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Originalsly: 9:55am On Aug 19, 2016
hmmm..... guy put 50k in your ac ..... hope he didn't withdraw more.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by butanep(m): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2016
onatisi:

Abi oooo, the deposit has been loaned to him,he is to pay back after his appointment has been confirmed ,he can even decide to postpone the repayment for 2 months in order to be sure . And dont be surprised that many of those shouting that the op should run have already started sending him pm messages .
But wait ooo, something looks fishy here .
Why will the op bring such a topic like this to a public forum when he can easily seek advice from ppl close by him

You forgotten that everyone want to create attention so you can notice their presence and the desire to make front page as well.

Yesterday someone narrated how he was elevated from being a shoe cobble to an office ICT worker. The next thing he did was to start up loading his pictures on the thread. He never blow, but already displaying the attitude of "I am gotten there". If you find-out now, he salary may not be up to 70k.

Nigerians want to become celebrity overnight.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by PresVA: 9:58am On Aug 19, 2016
Op, don't fall for this cheap scam... the job is that easy to get and the guy hasn't helped all his relatives? A friend of mine fell for a similar scam; same pay some and pay the remaining after appointment thingy..

You think he loaned you the money? No.. That your friend has nothing to lose because the money is going back to their pocket once you hv made payment. . How fast he 'loaned' you the money should have told you something. . A friend you haven't met for many yrs suddenly shows up and wants to do these for you? Odimma. .
All these pay the remaining after appointment is just to make it enticing. .

You think they wouldn't ask you for more money before the 'blind' appointment letter? Nah.. they'll keep telling you stories upon stories, how they'll need to settle one oga before appointment letter is signed, bla bla bla... many sweet stories to make you pay more..

And your supposed friend will be pestering you to pay bk his money. ..double wahala

You even believed the 'hausa' man really sent you his official email?? Smh ... There may be no hausa man anywhere even.. cheesy

Tread carefully nna, continue with your legit hustle and tell that your so called friend to go help his relatives with the job...

4 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by hernandex07(m): 9:59am On Aug 19, 2016
My broda..... my candid advice to u..don't pay any dime to get a job......my big brother,paid 450k fr navy work last yr,up till nw na story d persin d tell am....be wise

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by asha01: 10:00am On Aug 19, 2016
wacoj:

Best suggestion so far. Follow this idea and forget those people telling you to run away.
Meanwhile, Hausas are not too good in terms of 419, I can trust them better than other tribes including mine.

I have lived in their midst, I can tell you that they are trustworthy especially when they mention ALLAH!

how are you sure the man is truly an Hausa man.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by austinbrown: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Give me the man's number and email, u think say work dey for naija?
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by tripoli007(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2016
Guy my brother pained 350k to enlist In customs last year,stay there and be dulling ..u will make that money within 6months from when you resume work
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 19, 2016
Some month from now. Op would tell us he has gotten the job and that he paid the money, he would thank us for our advice , then he would say the Hausa man has like 10 slots for next year January. Then he would promise to link us to the man. We would all pay 50 k in to the Hausa man's account and then some unfortunate ones would even look for the 450k and pay part, at the end all of us would be massively scamed. That's a long term plan my dear. Op isn't gonna get scammed he wants to scam us. He is preparing our mind for it. Gotche rnx. I read too much

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Vello(m): 10:08am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:

Please don't try it! I'm a Federal Officer and how the system works is well known to me. First, even if the Hausa man is in the Directorate cadre, he can at best be given one or two slots but not if he's among the first 5 top staff.
I don't need a soothsayer unveil these people's game plan. You're about being scammed of 450k. This is how:
The 50k in your account is a bait and once you're given the fake appointment letter, you must cough out 450k. This is fake.
An office colleague fell victim of similar scam
Not all Appointment Letters are genuine.
I'll like you set a trap for your 'friend'. Tell him you're in need of guarantor for a loan of 100k from Sharp Sharp. Tell him Sharp Sharp on gives loan to Federal Officers hence they request IPPIS Number. If your friend give you his IPPIS Number, I'll confirm if he's a genuine Officer. Even at that, there dubious Officers all over the place.
A sure way of being sure is arrive at an agreement with these supposed con men that you've gotten an Uncle that offers to give you the whole amount moment you're paid your first salary through IPPIS. Please note that NCS is on IPPIS hence, obtain the Appointment Letter, go for documentation and IPPIS data capturing. Once you've done these three steps then I bet you the appointment is genuine. But I bet you, it's a scam.
"Lord save me from my friends, I can take care of my enemies".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by SHABZ: 10:09am On Aug 19, 2016
The same Nigerians complaining about corruption are still the ones telling the OP to pay for a job... This is the very definition of hypocrisy.

@ Op, my advice to you is to return the money to your friend and move on. Note that scam artists target desperate and gullible people the most.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Lexusgs430: 10:15am On Aug 19, 2016
I am very sure I have read such a tale somewhere before.
It was part of a much wider scam scale (not saying this is).
Simply return the 50k (or tell ur friend to lend you the money, add it to your laundry hustle).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's My Chance As A Physics Graduate In The Job Market / Nnpc Vacancies Details / 2020 Police Recruitment: IGP Suspends Entry Requirements For Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.