Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? (29031 Views)

Daniel Joshua: Former N-Power Volunteer Gets N300,000 For Returning N60,000 / A N60k Job With N500 Expenses Daily / As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by southernbelle(f): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2016
it looks like a scam to me but since your friend gave you the initial N50,000 then you can take the risk and then shine your eyes.
goodluck
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by solid3(m): 10:17am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.

If I were you, I wldnt have advocated this be moved to front page for security reasons.

Here is my advice. Pay the N50k but let them know u will pay the remaining 450k over time as u collect your monthly salary. If the man accepts, fine otherwise return your friends money.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by greggng: 10:19am On Aug 19, 2016
If your friend is sincere about helping u, he should plead with the man to collect the 50k with a promise to pay him up instalmentally from ur monthly salary. I bet you if you dare pay 450k you will regret ur action cos ur so called friend will pretend as if he doesn't know wht is happening and go behind u to collect his share. That 50k is called invitation to treat. I don't know if I got the spelling well but is an insurance language

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by marciano3d: 10:20am On Aug 19, 2016
Give me the link, I will come back and tell you if it's a scam or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by fullclub: 10:24am On Aug 19, 2016
wahabian:
I can see a lot of foools commenting on the first page on how he should go ahead with the customs job.

Go and start the business you want to start.If u like go give your money to scammer!you will be the biggest foool of the century!
You read well before you comment

The guy no get sheshi... 1 naira him no get

The true story is that a friend that linked him loaned him 50k then if he gets the employment they will be deducting the remaining 450,000 small small

Try read to understand.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by munezo(m): 10:25am On Aug 19, 2016
Thank you wacoj

wacoj:

Best suggestion so far. Follow this idea and forget those people telling you to run away.
Meanwhile, Hausas are not too good in terms of 419, I can trust them better than other tribes including mine.

I have lived in their midst, I can tell you that they are trustworthy especially when they mention ALLAH!
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by decollex(m): 10:29am On Aug 19, 2016
I smell a dead rat oo, don't say I didn't warn you. your friend and d Haus dude are Suspects not Prospects. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by aalangel(f): 10:38am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:
I graduated since 2012 and have been searching for job since then. Though I stopped the search and I am gathering money from a small laundry business I am running to see if I could raise enough money to register to be a bet agent and start a bet shop this new football season, together with MMM hustle. On thursday last week precisely, I ran into an old course mate of mine who is now a customs officer, he was even on his uniform. I was surprised and inquired how he got into Nigeria customs knowing how difficult it is getting in there. He gave me detailed gist about an Hausa man who happens to be a top customs officer, he met three years ago in his business center, helped him got the job. We exchanged contact and he promised to contact the man to see if he could assist me to get one of the replacement slots.

The issue now is that he introduced me to the man as promised and I got to contact the man and he gave me his official email account and instructed I send my CV and photocopies of my credentials to him via email, which I did. Today he called me to tell me, he has 4 slots for replacement scheduled for October, (that some officers who are due for retirement will be leaving by the end of september) that I should pay him N500,000 (five hundred thousand naira),N50,000 (fifty thousand Naira) down payment and N450,000 when I get my appointment letter and start work. I contacted my friend and he told me I shouldn't worry, that he will loan me the N50,000 to pay him, but I should hustle the remind balance to pay him immediately I land the job.

My friend has sent the N50,000 into my account today to my greatest surprise, but I don't know where to get the balance N450,000 b4 the end of september and I don't want to go back to my friend that just assisted me with N50,000. I need advice if it is advisable to take a loan for such venture and where can one get such loan. Pls your opinion please, because I am kind of confused here. I need a job badly.

Once you start paying, you'll forever pay. There's no security in that job. Send back his money to him. You wanted to start something on your own. Please go with that option. Acknowledge the Lord in all you do and He'll direct your path. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Proffdada: 10:46am On Aug 19, 2016
lacastre:
if he truly wants to help why not deduct it from your monthly salary,......abi for where person wey no get work wan raise 450k?
you couldn't have said it better cool

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by mfm04622: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:

Big scam!!! Please run! That 50k is a bait to trap you

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by yetseyi(f): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2016
I know a woman who was saying they charged 1million for her son to get a customs job. She was looking for a loan The guy got the job but I don't know if she later paid the money.

Things are happening sad
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by segcymoor(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2016
lacastre:
if he truly wants to help why not deduct it from your monthly salary,......abi for where person wey no get work wan raise 450k?
I wonder ooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by evamena: 11:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Dont payoooo, my brother, its scam, ur friend giving u 50k is part of the scam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by tico1212(m): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2016
My advice for the OP is to go ahead and deal with them, but make e confirm the authenticity of the apl whenever dem give am.

Na person dem send the attached apl to.... and
It's easy to mark the faults

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by kilonso001(m): 11:08am On Aug 19, 2016
Dude run for your life.. i smell a scam..

judeibro:

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by stpat1(m): 11:13am On Aug 19, 2016
My guy,
Ordinarily, I fo not support paying to get a job but this case is different.
Here is what I advice. Since its the same guy that introducedd you to the man that is lending you the money, go ahead with it as you have nothing to loose if it turns out to be fraud.

I don't think he will lend you the money if he does not believe it will sail through.
If it turns out well, 500k will show sharply as soon as you get your employment letter.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Kirigidi(m): 11:13am On Aug 19, 2016
lacastre:
There is no way d man can gain access to deduct d money frm d guy's salary account afta gettin d job because salaries ar paid directly into individual staff's account straight frm FG's purse/ IPPIS!
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by mostob(m): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2016
infact that 500k is enough to start a profitable business. My bro,run 4 ur life.it is a scam

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by DedeNkem: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2016
Where do they expect you to get 500k when they know you have no job?

If the ab*oki is sure of getting you the job, why didn't let you pay him in bits monthly after you get the job?

This whole thing is a scam! Don't fall for it!

What they will do is create a fake interview and tell you will start work in a month or two months time. Then you pay 450k thinking you've a job and the they'll claim they got you a job.

When the time comes for you to start the non-existing job, you would then realise there was no job after all.

No proof you applied for a job there and no proof of the payment you made because they usually demand cash in hand payment not through bank. Bank payment leaves a trail behind, so not their prefered method of payment.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Smileprince(m): 11:17am On Aug 19, 2016
Until you receive your appointment letter and work for a month don't give anybody any money.

Enlistment for interview is not a job yet, wait until you receive your appointment letter ooo. Don't worry about anything just flow with the plans @judeibro
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by idu1(m): 11:22am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:

pay the 50k your borrow you. Beg the man to allow you start the job first and pay intallmental.

The runs seems genuine to me.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Antina(f): 11:22am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:

This is my lil' advice, since ur friend has loan u 50,000 for deposit and u are to pay the balance when u must have got the job, I will advice to proceed with the deal. Then after thorough verification of the Appointment letter, u will know what next step to take.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by henry99: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2016
judeibro:

baba this kind of things happens regularly in Nigeria,, since your friend is lending you the money then its even less risk..you can also give me the link...I will gladly pay the 50k and remaining balance after resumption
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by EngrTonbra(m): 11:28am On Aug 19, 2016
OP pls take d job,this is a good gamble,I am sure it is legit, you really have nothing to loose asides from a meagre 50k,they made it safe 4u .. The odds r in ur favour. Take the job pls..
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Egemeole: 11:30am On Aug 19, 2016
return the 50k back to your friend and tell the man you are no longer interested. 2. Don't after bet coming bet agent. Go and give your life to Christ. and go and learn a Skill. God be with you

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by CoCoLav(f): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2016
vankaycarter:
Some month from now. Op would tell us he has gotten the job and that he paid the money, he would thank us for our advice , then he would say the Hausa man has like 10 slots for next year January. Then he would promise to link us to the man. We would all pay 50 k in to the Hausa man's account and then some unfortunate ones would even look for the 450k and pay part, at the end all of us would be massively scamed. That's a long term plan my dear. Op isn't gonna get scammed he wants to scam us. He is preparing our mind for it. Gotche rnx. I read too much

100000000 likes

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by lantres000(m): 11:36am On Aug 19, 2016
Its a Gamble bros. I have seen a 5Million Naira Job slot for a Multi Oil and Gas firm. The job went through wella and you know how these guys start you. But uniform job scam too much. It might not be ur guy, but the agent.
Re: Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? by Mostprecious(f): 11:36am On Aug 19, 2016
Ma candid opinion is run as fast as ur leg can carry u.. i understand hw u feel abt needing a job asap nd if i were in ur shoes i wud wanna gv it a trial buh den think again... answer these questions first....
where will u get 500k to pay the hausa man if u eventually get d job?
if u eventually get d job, u apply for a loan nd u pay d hausa man off, how do u settle d Loan?
Remember u hv a life nd ur salary in Immigrations nyt nt be up for u to save enough to pay bk ur loan cos u hv to feed, transport nd all wat nt.
if u hv concrete answers to d above questions den u can take d risk buh if nt dear run away from those ppl
Ur custom frnd must hv come up wth d idea of scaming u due to hw u presentd ur case, am sure must hv sounded desperate. Tho i mayb wrong.
These re trying times nd try nt to trust completely esp wth issues concerning jobs nd money. Pray ceaselessly, lose sleep nd pray, apply for jobs or go nd learn a skill or better stil continue with ur dry cleaning business, God will reward u someday. Remember God's time never tally wth dat of man.
Think again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's My Chance As A Physics Graduate In The Job Market / Nnpc Vacancies Details / 2020 Police Recruitment: IGP Suspends Entry Requirements For Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.