Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors (15082 Views)

Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) / Babcock University Student Commits Suicide / Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation (2) (3) (4)

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by Mikeparlo12(m): 7:28am On Aug 19, 2016
proud to be a seventh day Adventist

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by Yippsy(m): 7:29am On Aug 19, 2016
Chartey:

Do they have a teaching hospital?

Yes they surely do. Ben carson school of medicine and its on its own

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by Yippsy(m): 7:33am On Aug 19, 2016
Yippsy:

Yes they surely do. Ben carson school of medicine and its on its own

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by debuscket(m): 7:37am On Aug 19, 2016
I'm not impressed, going to India, Mexico, etc doesn't mean u'r the best. I have interacted with some of their students and they didn't impress me. The last time I checked, their teaching hospital (BUTH) wasn't approved/accredited for clinical posting and their patients load/throughput is low hence they use OOUTH sagamu

The VC is just advertising the school, we already know

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by deedrizzie: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2016
The person that posted that picture just finished the whole discussion... I mean,look at the reception! One thing is basic,I'm a medical student, i respect any doctor anywhere, anytime...but i cannot compare the graduates of MBBS from a federal school (like mine) to one from a private school...for one reason,STRESS!...The number of people in thay reception isn't even up to what we have on a boring day in Family medicine... They don't stress..no wahala...dey just ease through.. And it can't pay them in d real life...trust me...we've seen 'em...worked with 'em...and they ain't it

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by integritylady(f): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
So they use mannequins instead of live subjects. Despite all the millions they pay. Students of nowadays self.

that is actually a demonstration room....
you think experiment should be done on human when they arent perfect yet?
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by juman(m): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2016
Congratulations to the babcock university. This is a success story. Huge achievement.

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by Stbottle(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2016
debuscket:
I'm not impressed, going to India, Mexico, etc doesn't mean u'r the best. I have interacted with some of their students and they didn't impress me. The last time I checked, their teaching hospital (BUTH) wasn't approved/accredited for clinical posting and their patients load/throughput is low hence they use OOUTH sagamu

They cant impress you...its not their fault, you are not so sensitive to intelligence....i can feel it from your post

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by JustHere2Observ(f): 7:58am On Aug 19, 2016
deedrizzie:
The person that posted that picture just finished the whole discussion... I mean,look at the reception! One thing is basic,I'm a medical student, i respect any doctor anywhere, anytime...but i cannot compare the graduates of MBBS from a federal school (like mine) to one from a private school...for one reason,STRESS!...The number of people in thay reception isn't even up to what we have on a boring day in Family medicine... They don't stress..no wahala...dey just ease through.. And it can't pay them in d real life...trust me...we've seen 'em...worked with 'em...and they ain't it

So you will rather learn under duress? No wonder many Nigerian doctors are cranky and make a lot of mistakes. I have compared Nigerian doctors and those here in the US and there is a huge difference when it comes to doctor-patient relationship.

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by daniela556(m): 8:02am On Aug 19, 2016
seriously
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by Vince77(m): 8:04am On Aug 19, 2016
duduade:
But it still bores down to money....

ur head dey there
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by TS2(m): 8:10am On Aug 19, 2016
SirElaw:

Why? Don't we have revered Nigerian doctors to name the school after? Or is this supposed to boost our confidence in the new set of doctors?

Which Nigerian doctor gave the support that Ben Carson gave the faculty?
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by TS2(m): 8:13am On Aug 19, 2016
jiinxed:
half-baked doctors. undecided undecided

Full baked beef

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by TS2(m): 8:17am On Aug 19, 2016
deedrizzie:

Lol. This hardship and suffering school of thought will not get you anywhere. This country's crooked system has now become a yardstick for the ability to cope under pressure? Right!

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by MTHBOSS(m): 8:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Wow! Glad to hear this, more achievement to come in Jesus name

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by femi4: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2016
nijanigga:

most likely Carson donated something in cash or knowledge to the school. [s]Unfortunately for Carson, he failed in his bid to win the primary elections of the republican party ,he's now supporting Trump, he's a Trumpster meant for dumpstand[/s].
Unnecessary info, not related to the question
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by dammyblaq(m): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2016
SirElaw:

Why? Don't we have revered Nigerian doctors to name the school after? Or is this supposed to boost our confidence in the new set of doctors?
will you be the first?
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by dammyblaq(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2016
debuscket:

just saying trash.you're on crack i guess.

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by deedrizzie: 8:56am On Aug 19, 2016
TS2:

Lol. This hardship and suffering school of thought will not get you anywhere. This country's crooked system has now become a yardstick for the ability to cope under pressure? Right!
No sir..i do not appreciate the crooked system at all...all I'm saying is that there are more things to learn about medical practice than just classroom lectures... Nights in A &E build your endurance... Having to clerk 4 emergency patients before a sadistic consultant engages your ability to think fast!..All I'm saying is..the school is way to young to be referred to as "world-class" because world class goes beyond having the freshest scrubs and all the machines...its all picture perfect with no experience... That's why half of them end up in private practise..
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by Kobicove(m): 8:58am On Aug 19, 2016
duduade:
But it still bores down to money....

But it still bores boils down to money...
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by debuscket(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2016
dammyblaq:
just saying trash.you're on crack i guess.

Very soon u'll be 40yrs and u'll remain a fool forever
Piss out.....idiot

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by duduade: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2016
Kobicove:

But it still bores boils down to money...

Lol.. Thank you jawe
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by deedrizzie: 9:01am On Aug 19, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

So you will rather learn under duress? No wonder many Nigerian doctors are cranky and make a lot of mistakes. I have compared Nigerian doctors and those here in the US and there is a huge difference when it comes to doctor-patient relationship.

No ma'am... I'd rather learn where i can fit in anywhere.. I assure you..after 4yrs in UITH that i can fit in anywhere,work with anyone and be a sucess..because i've learnt to make the best of myself when the conditions weren't the best,I've had to push myself beyond limits to learn pharmacology because i know my father's millions can't buy me promotion to the next level....abt the patient interaction.. We like in Nigeria, we don't have facilities... Imagine a farmer working with blunt tools...u think he's happy??

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by debuscket(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Stbottle:

They cant impress you...its not their fault, you are not so sensitive to intelligence....i can feel it from your post

If only your drunkard father had used #50 gold circle, he would have saved us this mischief

SMH

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by dammyblaq(m): 9:04am On Aug 19, 2016
debuscket:

Very soon u'll be 40yrs and u'll remain a fool forever
Piss out.....idiot
you're very immature catching feelings, really nigga oops. sorry man.

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by ArchiPelago1: 9:10am On Aug 19, 2016
integritylady:

that is actually a demonstration room....
you think experiment should be done on human when they arent perfect yet?

Cadaver is the standard object of practice..
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by debuscket(m): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2016
dammyblaq:
you're very immature catching feelings, really nigga oops. sorry man.

Pass your G.S 101 1st then we can talk
U can't even make a good grammatical let alone logical sense.
I believe u'r also a product of Babcock university. ...what a waste of fund

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by Gerrard59(m): 9:44am On Aug 19, 2016
Nigerians and their suffering and smiling attitude. So because you suffered others must suffer? Unadulterated BS. What will you say about others who studied abroad, they too must suffer?

Don't blame Babcock, hold your leaders accountable.

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by drskyfly007(m): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2016
jiinxed:
half-baked doctors. undecided undecided
beef grin
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by drskyfly007(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
So they use mannequins instead of live subjects. Despite all the millions they pay. Students of nowadays self.
beef grin
Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 19, 2016
deedrizzie:

No sir..i do not appreciate the crooked system at all...all I'm saying is that there are more things to learn about medical practice than just classroom lectures... Nights in A &E build your endurance... Having to clerk 4 emergency patients before a sadistic consultant engages your ability to think fast!..All I'm saying is..the school is way to young to be referred to as "world-class" because world class goes beyond having the freshest scrubs and all the machines...its all picture perfect with no experience... That's why half of them end up in private practise..

Smh. It seems you did not even read the post well. Did you read the part where it was stated that they take their medical students abroad for clinical rotation and competitions? That shows that what they are not able to learn at this hospital, they learn abroad. Do you also know that they take their medical students to Ogun State University Teaching Hospital? You Nigerian medical students, how many things are you even able to learn under your so-called stress? If I ask you to explain how messenchymal stem cells can be used to improve MND patients' situation, would you be able to answer me from practical knowledge? Won't you answer from what you've read in books? But we are talking about students who are taken abroad to learn the practicals of things that can only be read in Nigeria, and you're hating! Do you know what they go to do in India, which is one of the most developed countries in medicine? Do you think if it wasn't a world-class hospital, they would get the powerful endorsement of Ben Carson, someone you all in federal universities so much revere?

And stop mentioning that thing you called stress or is it high number of patients, because it has been doing no good to Nigerian medical students/doctors. Visit America and see the number of teaching hospitals in California alone. You think they are overwhelmed by patients the way your hospitals are.
Keep hating till these babcock medical students graduate and move to John Hopkin's for residency, while Nigerians are still struggling to enter UCH for Medicine. Then you'll know the value of what they have.

Re: Babcock University Set To Graduate Set Of Maiden Doctors by Obiwiz(m): 10:22am On Aug 19, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
One reason why people will always prefer medical schools owned by the FG.

95-Year-Old Kenyan Woman Enrolls In School To Learn To Read And Write / 2016/2017 Best Subject Combination For Mass Communication In JAMB UTME / NOUN Released Her 2019 E-exam Timetable. Download It HERE