Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" (21920 Views)

Trump: I Will Make Sure America Remains The Most Powerful Nation So He Did This / Donald Trump: I Inherited A Huge Mess / Trump- I Would Shoot Confrontational Iranian Ships if elected. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by contactmorak: 10:10am On Aug 19, 2016
US Presidential candidate Donald Trump on Thursday night at a campaign rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Thursday, did something that he has never done during his whole presidential campaign, he expressed regret!

He admitted that he had said things in the past in the heat of the moment which he regrets and that he's sorry, but that he always says the truth.
"Sometimes, in the heat of debate and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don't choose the right words or you say the wrong thing. I have done that. And believe it or not, I regret it. And I do regret it, particularly where it may have caused personal pain. Too much is at stake for us to be consumed with these issues,"
He added: "But one thing I can promise you is this: I will always tell you the truth."

Trump's public expression of regret comes after his decision earlier this week to shake up his campaign leadership, installing a new campaign Ceo and a new campaign manager, so maybe this is the new strategy employed by his campaign team.

Trump's new campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, suggested in her first days on the job that she favored this newstrategy, but that she would also seek to "sharpen" Trump's campaign message with scripted speeches like Trump delivered on Thursday.
"We're going to make sure Donald Trump is comfortable about being in his own skin, that he doesn't lose that authenticity that you simply can't buy and a pollster can't give you. And voters know if you're comfortable in your own skin," she told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day" Thursday morning.

"And let him be him in this sense: He wants to deliver the speech, if he wants to go to a rally, if he wants to connect with the crowd in a way that's very spontaneous, that's wonderful. And that's how he got here," Conway continued, adding,
"But at the same time, we have some really serious, pressing problems in this country that I'm hoping will start to be addressed more by the media."

As you know I am not a politician,” he added, to initial cheers. “I have never wanted to learn the language of the insiders, and I’ve never been politically correct – it takes far too much time, and can often make it more difficult to achieve total victory.”

Back in May, Trump said he didn't regret things he said or did.

“I like not to regret anything,” Trump told radio host Don Imus in May after controversy over comments that questioned senator John McCain’s war record. “You do things and you say things. And what I said, frankly, is what I said.”

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-VLrIsdVHA

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by contactmorak: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by malenko01(m): 10:17am On Aug 19, 2016
imagine a potential President, Oga go sit down

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Oblitz(m): 10:27am On Aug 19, 2016
This man sef

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by hucienda: 10:31am On Aug 19, 2016
Donald J. Trump.

Looking forward to the debates! cool

The Republican Party.
The Party of Lincoln, Generals Grant and 'Ike', Reagan ... and Trump.

Make America Great Again!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by temitemi1(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2016
Trump the Clown grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by seunny4lif(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 19, 2016
wise men think before talking
foolish men think after talking
be the judge.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 19, 2016
Lolol. Mad man. The idea of Trump as President and the support is proof that a lot of us are immoral beings masquerading a false human relationship.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by kingsman66(m): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2016
is too late trump, Clinton all the way...........

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 19, 2016
This apology should have been put off until he loses to Hilary come Nov. 8, and never my doubt my prognostications. . . .this clown is losing by an astronomical margin. . . .maybe not but he'll lose nonetheless. . . . .I hope so for the universe's sake. A war-mongering megalomaniac piloting the affairs of Uncle Sam's country? I'll be jiggered!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by orunto27: 11:17am On Aug 19, 2016
Trump is a Certified Megalomaniac It will be an abomination to elect him President of the US. He is always jealous that Nigerian system can accommodate anything like his sickness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by vedaxcool(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2016
temitemi1:
Trump the Clown grin grin grin

Clown you say? you guys are quite alike.

6 Likes

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Omololu007(m): 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
vedaxcool:

Clown you say? you guys are quite alike.
grin

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by herzern(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lol......

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by veekid(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
Your own don b, loose mouth

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by herzern(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
kiss
Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by akinola107(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
So he just realised that??
Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by thundabot(f): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
CAMPAIGN AFTER ELECTION
Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Integrityfarms(m): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
Cheap political stunts!
From the words of a man you know his intents! America is just faced with two options of wolves in sheep clothing!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by yeyeboi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
Trump the wall builder
Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Opistorincos(m): 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Na now e just dey sabi say ihn Bleep up... foolish old man

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Dude should go and shave his beard.
Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by gloriousangel7: 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thank God is Friday...

FROM ONE COUNTRY TO ANOTHER then am BACK HOME... IT is God that made it POSSIBLE....Hmmm NIRA LAND is really fun there is never a dull moment.with FUN FILL COMMENTS...

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by NigerDeltan(m): 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
President-elect grin

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Dee60: 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
Has he now apologized to Nigerians? I remeber he accused our leaders of being corrupt and always staching money away in American banks? Anyway, I am not sure he lied on this one though.
Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by simplyOJ(m): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
He is trying to work on the emotions of Americans

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by loomer: 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Don't care who wins or who go loose the election, USA has never been a favorite destination to me. Don't see myself there anytime soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by dunkem21(m): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
I just love this Trump of a man kiss..

How many of our leaders have ever regretted their pain inflicted speeches

Did Cameron apologise to us for calling us "fantastically coruupt" ..

Trump on, we are with you cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by sassiemyk: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
Trump is just a stump on a dump of dungs. blabbing and eating his words. how did he even make all those money sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by naijaboiy: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
It's not like any of us is gonna vote. So how does this concern me? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" by Kaybaba5(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
Yes he needs to apologise to us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ISIS Hit By Financial Crises, Slashes Salaries Of Fighters / 27 Attorneys-General to US Supreme Court: Trump should be on the ballot / North Korea Fires Four Ballistic Missiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.