Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up (40242 Views)

Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 / Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival / Police Uncover Plan To Abduct Arugba During Osun Osogbo Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
LEOSIRSIR:
Will surely do that soon
Thanks

Great. Please don't forget to CC me when you do. Thanks bros.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by LEOSIRSIR(m): 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ok boss

YungMillionaire:

Great. Please don't forget to CC me when you do. Thanks bros.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
Idol worshipping

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by LEOSIRSIR(m): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by moyakz(m): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool Jebus also known as Jesus the Palestinian Jewish ancestor that many Nigerians worship on Sundays. cool
really?tell me about him.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by wadetaw202: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
Neduzze5:
Nice....

Yoruba and these kind of stuffs be like...

Can someone help me with that picture please?? cheesy

You flat head people also worship many idols. Stop playing holy-holy nonsense here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by mcnuel001(m): 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
veekid:
I guess there's no English version of Arugba
Calabash carrier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
moyakz:

really?tell me about him.

cool Google and the bible is your 'friend.' cool
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Neduzze5(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
wadetaw202:

You flat head people also worship many idols. Stop playing holy-holy nonsense here.

Funny guy.... When I say these kind of stuffs, I mean cultural celebrations. Stop reading negative meanings into all statements. I've a Yoruba babe and I'm very proud of her so I won't condescend so low to insult her tribe.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by sats: 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
My people are fetish, embrace Jesus, thats why he came, so you dont have to any river goddess and nobody has to rugba
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by SaffronSpice: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
sats:
My people are fetish, embrace Jesus, thats why he came, so you dont have to any river goddess and nobody has to rugba
Who is Jesus?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Virus777:

So? What do I need the rubbish picture for? Because she's a white skin? Smh!

Showing me the picture of a woman who worshipped a demon for 40 years will not validate the whole fetish religion one bit. For all you know, that woman is in hell fire right now receiving her retribution.

The so called holy spirit is the only demon in this world - look how it has sucked out the good parts of your brain
a black man insulting a highly revered african ancestor is less than a monkey. .. no wonder other races threat us less than animals

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by SaffronSpice: 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
Oshun Oshogbo Olomoyoyo.
Nice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 7:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
prophetfire:
yes I would do so. remember we are talking about marketing. theirs would yield return on investment while this African idolatrous cultures that have kept Africa in the dark would make one poorer than he was. I believe African idols and their cultural practices are useless. it has not uplifted Africa but has made it land of suffering.

iidiot. before the evil called Christianity came to Africa, blacks were living in the glory days.
we had empires and great kingdoms that rivaled Europe

africa became land of suffering when we lost our identity - by worshipping dead Jews like gay Jesus and mad Jehovah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
sats:

your people? who are your people?
you are a lost soul you dumb fuvk go look for your people in the middle east

an African black man worshipping dead Jews. .. curses upon the black race smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Lionofdjungle: 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
veekid:
it simply means "calabash carrier " in English.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by SaffronSpice: 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Just look how they've ruined that lil girl's life without even giving her option
Safe to say the biblical Samuel's mother ruined his life too right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by SaffronSpice: 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Virus777:

So? What do I need the rubbish picture for? Because she's a white skin? Smh!

Showing me the picture of a woman who worshipped a demon for 40 years will not validate the whole fetish religion one bit. For all you know, that woman is in hell fire right now receiving her retribution.
Am whispering into your ear right now,listen: There's nothing like Hell.
Pop bottles,smoke weed,4k b!tches.
Your clergy lied to you.
Trust me wink.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
sats:

cool So they should stop honoring their ancestors and start worshiping an ancestor of the Jews? You no get sense cool

3 Likes

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by lordkhalifa(m): 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
LEOSIRSIR:
The moment that most indigenes of Osun and attendees of the annual Osun/Osogbo Festival cherish the most is when the Arugba (the woman who carries the calabash with the authority of the goddess) appears from seclusion.

She is expected to be a virgin young girl who is pre-selected by the oracle to be the custodian of the enviable and exalted calabash, and her appearance is always seen as one of the highlights of the week-long festival. NAIJ.com crew on ground at the event report that the young girl was brought from an unknown seclusion within the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo by some women who performed certain rites on the floor where she was to progress from. As she appeared, spotting a blue Aso Oke with a white clothing on her head, the young lady is being guided by women who know what to say and where she must not step her feet.

Onlookers in return started praying for her, telling her that the carrying of the calabash would not result in a terrible omen for her as they also prayed that this year’s festival will breed new tidings for the entire capital and the state at large. As at the time of filing this report, the Arugba was being prepared to leave for the Grove where all the locals and travelers will also follow her to render series of prayer requests to the Yeye Osun (river goddess). Our crew will bring in other images from events as they happen from the Osun state capital.

https://www.naij.com/934404-amazing-see-exclusive-photos-from-osun-festival-as-arugba-appears.html
dis ppl can't so without brown roofing oooo kai grin cheesy grin
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by proxillin(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
slyopez:
See fine and young ladies that are sango and orisa worshippers, tomorrow person go go marry their daughters without knowing.

Yoruba's and Idle worshipping are like 5&6

[size=16pt]Dear Mr. Black brain
How has christianity helped this country so far?
One of the worst countries in the word. Even Russia and atheist country is better off.[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Rayhutar(m): 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
macof:

iidiot. before the evil called Christianity came to Africa, blacks were living in the glory days.

africa became land of suffering when we lost our identity - by worshipping dead Jews like gay Jesus and mad Jehovah
[/b]Kai,easy now, Kilode[b]
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by SilvanusII(m): 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
LEOSIRSIR:
More

It was quite fun and exciting. You didnt put up those Sango priests especially the second one with a blazing arrow.
I saw that bearded man in the third picture on my way out and I was actually terrified. Who is he? An obatala priest or an ifa priest?

The only thing that pissed me the hell off was the supplicants throwing in cellophane wrapped items like the sweets and chewing gums AND the irritating OPC guys who apparently only came to cheer Gani and smoke pot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by hommespecia: 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
Africa let's go back to our root,a river that's forget its source will surely dry up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by mamawin(f): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
LEOSIRSIR:
Osogbo ilu aro, oroki asala, airiro PETA , arepeta magba ooo Osun osogbo Pele oo ,Pele olomoyooyo
Seleru agbo, agbara agbo, losun fin we more ki dokita ooto de , abimo Mon Dana le Osun laun powe Mon, ehinso losogbo oooo eee, ehinso losogbo aahhh, osogbo oroki ehinso losogbo.
Ilu ataoja
Ilu elebuibon
Ilu matanmi
Ilu Leosirsir
Ilu mamawin
Ilu aresa
Ilu itunity007

I used to know one Leo, long time ago, around 93,94. His surname starts with Ade, ends with un. ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by igbalodehunter(m): 11:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
veekid:
Arugba is Arugba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by fhemmii: 2:51am On Aug 20, 2016
Still believing in small gods and goddess in these 21st century,i pray that Almighty God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob,He that created the heaven and everything underneath,He that says "let there be and there was".The God that met with Saul will surely meet with everyone of them in Jesus name...

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by sats: 6:57am On Aug 20, 2016
SaffronSpice:

Who is Jesus?

Ask Google
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by sats: 6:58am On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool So they should stop honoring their ancestors and start worshiping an ancestor of the Jews? You no get sense cool

You don vex ... go hug transformer
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by sats: 7:04am On Aug 20, 2016
macof:

your people? who are your people?
you are a lost soul you dumb fuvk go look for your people in the middle east

an African black man worshipping dead Jews. .. curses upon the black race smh

You sabi curse o, na your talent?
You see that transformer for una area
Go hug am
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by prophetfire: 8:09am On Aug 20, 2016
macof:

you call me idiot you deranged idol worshipper. well you and your useless idols were defeated and enslaved by people whose God was superior and authentic and they have taken over your pathetic lands,sacked your useless idols, priests and worshipers and built churches there. shows how useless you and your idols are.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by prophetfire: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool Japanese worship Buddha (part of their own culture) and are competing favorable with America and Europe. cool
why is your Oshogbo river that you worship not making you to compete likewise? instead it has made you hungry and your govt incapable of paying salaries.that's why no one would invest in the useless festival.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Confirms Ooni Of Ife's Marriage To Olori Wuraola Crash / Emir Sanusi Visits His Mother With His Mercedes Benz 220S Cabriolet (Photos) / Igwe John Umenyiora Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.