Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:43 AM

Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up (40768 Views)

Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 / Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival / Police Uncover Plan To Abduct Arugba During Osun Osogbo Festival (2) (3) (4)

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by prophetfire: 8:17am On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool If honoring dead people is idolatry. Then worshipping Jesus and Mohammed is also idolatry. On that we can agree cool
you and who agree? you trying to use me and the Living Almighty God I worship to give relevance to your dumb idol? you are on your own.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by prophetfire: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2016
Yorubanews:

Brainwashed mentality. The whites that came to give your people bible and steal your lands really did an impressive job o cheesy
yes they did. all thanks to the living Almighty God they worship and came with.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Just look how they've ruined that lil girl's life without even giving her option
They finished her big time oooo and the girl is young and beautiful.

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2016
Aderola15:

I'm telling you cry
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
prophetfire:
you and who agree? you trying to use me and the Living Almighty God I worship to give relevance to your dumb idol? you are on your own.

How dare you call your ancestors dumb? Now let me pay you back in your own coin you useless fellow:

cool grin grin grin grin Your almighty god is a gay European youth - go and research the history of Jesus (I prefer to call him Jebus). Joshua/Moses were mass murderers. Jephtah sacrificed his own daughter to your foolish god - gayhovah. Noah fvck his own daughters. Real Africans don't worship gay/perverted European ancestors. They honor their OWN ancestors abi e concern u? Tomorrow is Sunday and when u go to church to bow down to your perverted white masters, the great Osun people will be in their shrine honoring the Great Sango, Ogun, Yemoja, Amadioha and Osun. Those are their ancestors, they are not perfect but they are a million times better than the perverted blood thirsty European/Palestinian Jews that you bow down to in your stupid churches. He dey pain you? grin grin grin cool

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=STFUareyouG0d post=48650481] I'm telling you cry[/quote
Her classmates and teachers didn't even help her situation, they turned her into an idol. She was my student as at last month sef, very humble child but her friend told me she's just coming to school for the fun of it that she can't do something meaningful with her life again except she agrees to be yeye osun later
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
prophetfire:
why is your Oshogbo river that you worship not making you to compete likewise? instead it has made you hungry and your govt incapable of paying salaries.that's why no one would invest in the useless festival.

coolFYI - even though I am not a SWner, I love Osun people and their traditional ways. May the Gods bless them plenty. As for who is responsible for Nigeria's backwardness I blame the brainwashing via Christianity and Islam of millions of Nigerians making it impossible for them to think clearly and solve problems. INVESTMENT? That is all Xtians think about MONEY MONEY MONEY - your gay god is really mammon. He dey pain you? grin grin grin grin grin cool

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
sats:

You don vex ... go hug transformer

cool grin grin grin I no vex now...I just no gree to worship white/Arab/Jewish man ancestors. He dey pain you? grin grin grin cool

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
Aderola15:

cool Prove your claim: that 'they finish her.' cool If you have no proof keep kwayet cool

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
prophetfire:
yes they did. all thanks to the living Almighty God they worship and came with.

cool grin grin grin grin You mean Jehovah (Gayhovah) - the mass murderous genocidal god of ancient Jewish desert dwellers? grin grin grin grin grin cool

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
Aderola15:
oh! They been on it for long? Na wa o. So will she forever live in the shrine with the yeye and all that?
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=Aderola15 post=48650682][/quote]

cool If it was all those Catholic children that participate in mass now you no go see any evil. Those children most of whom are raped every Sunday by the priest is okay with you. But a beautiful young African child honoring those that came before her, taking part in a timeless and beautiful procession is what is vexing you - I laugh in your face grin grin grin grin grin cool

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
oh! They been on it for long? Na wa o. So will she forever live in the shrine with the yeye and all that?

cool Nothing wrong with living in a shrine - unless you think their is something wrong with living in a church cool

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 3:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
cool All these Christians (aka brainwashed Africans worshiping dead Jews/Europeans) should leave this thread and not derail it. Please open another thread about worshiping your dead European overlords - na by force 2 follow your way? grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by SaffronSpice: 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
sats:

Ask Google
LOL.I know your type.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool Nothing wrong with living in a shrine - unless you think their is something wrong with living in a church cool
why should I live in church all my life?
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool Prove your claim: that 'they finish her.' cool If you have no proof keep kwayet cool
What's wrong with this one? That girl is just 15yr and in Jss1, the principal or teachers can't discipline her because she's their lil Arugba. You should have asked me if she's happy being the Arugba, and you can bet the answer is no. There are some traditions that should be wiped off, This Arugba is one of them. Nobody is telling them not to practise their yeye thing but not at the expense of a poor lil girl who doesn't even understand what they are making go through atm
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
She lives in the palace for now, when they are done using her and her tenure is over....... she's gonna leave the palace for the next Arugba and end up being a beggar, that's how they finish their life cycle most times
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
why should I live in church all my life?

cool Go and read the story of Samuel in the bible - abi u no sabi ur bible? cool
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
Aderola15:

She lives in the palace for now, when they are done using her and her tenure is over....... she's gonna leave the palace for the next Arugba and end up being a beggar, that's how they finish their life cycle most times
Are you saying she'll be let off after some time? When she'll be done with and everything good about her must have been used to appease the gods? Jesu mi oooooo shocked shocked

That's sad. I think they should make provisions for them lifetime. Too bad
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
Aderola15:

What's wrong with this one? That girl is just 15yr and in Jss1, the principal or teachers can't discipline her because she's their lil Arugba. You should have asked me if she's happy being the Arugba, and you can bet the answer is no. There are some traditions that should be wiped off, This Arugba is one of them. Nobody is telling them not to practise their yeye thing but not at the expense of a poor lil girl who doesn't even understand what they are making go through atm

cool You have no proof - so keep kwayet. Did you complain to Gayhovah when he chose Samuel as a child for his 'work' in the bible? Just keep kwayet cool

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=STFUareyouG0d post=48651953]
Spot on..... When they are done, she's free to have sex and start living a miserable life. I used to admire this particular festival until I met the poor girl, it's just so wrong and unfair. They know are parents are not literate, wonder what stopped the IFA from picking Aregbe's daughter or any of the prominent men's daughters as the Arugba because a friend was supporting them and said it's the IFA that picks the Arugba which I don't believe nitemi
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool Go and read the story of Samuel in the bible - abi u no sabi ur bible? cool
what makes you think I'm a Christian?
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
Aderola15:
Spot on..... When they are done, she's free to have sex and start living a miserable life. I used to admire this particular festival until I met the poor girl, it's just so wrong and unfair. They know are parents are not literate, wonder what stopped the IFA from picking Aregbe's daughter or any of the prominent men's daughters as the Arugba because a friend was supporting them and said it's the IFA that picks the Arugba which I don't believe nitemi
This is the part I also don't understand. Why the Ifa never picks the rich but the poor? Is the ifa bias or what? Hahahahaha
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
what makes you think I'm a Christian?

cool U don't have to be a Christian to read cool
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool U don't have to be a Christian to read cool
I can't sleep in church all my life
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
I can't sleep in church all my life

coolMe neither cool
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=STFUareyouG0d post=48652480]
Lol, let them continue deceiving their blocked heads, rich people no get virgins as daughters nii
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

coolMe neither cool
but you can live in the shrine all your life?
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
Aderola15:
Lol, let them continue deceiving their blocked heads, rich people no get virgins as daughters nii
hehehe. Funny you. Maybe they don't grin grin
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
but you can live in the shrine all your life?

cool Let me put it this way: I will rather be a traditionalist than be a Christian or Muslim. I won't relegate my culture to elevate a foreign (and colonial) culture. So if I have a choice between Church or Shrine - I will definitely choose Shrine. A man must live in dignity. There is no dignity in bowing down to the ancestors of the people who colonized you. Its just that simple.cool

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool Let me put it this way: I will rather be a traditionalist than be a Christian or Muslim. I won't relegate my culture to elevate a foreign (and colonial) culture. So if I have a choice between Church or Shrine - I will definitely choose Shrine. A man must live in dignity. There is no dignity in bowing down to the ancestors of the people who colonized you. Its just that simple.cool
Is this all about 'Culture' or 'Belief'?

Igwe John Umenyiora Is Dead / Beautiful Efik Brides In Their Costume / Twitter Blocks Audrey Skhosana Who Exposes Her Breasts Online

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49