Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,764 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up (40238 Views)

Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 / Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival / Police Uncover Plan To Abduct Arugba During Osun Osogbo Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Is this all about 'Culture' or 'Believe'?

cool Its entirely culture. Belief is for those who don't know their own culture. They have to believe that the white man's or Arab man's ancestors are to be honored above their own. Only a fool will believe that. I am not a fool - I will rather honor my own people above all else. Charity they say begins at home cool

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool Its entirely culture. Belief is for those who don't know their own culture. They have to believe that the white man's or Arab man's ancestors are to be honored above their own. Only a fool will believe that. I am not a fool - I will rather honor my own people above all else. Charity they say begins at home cool
honestly Brov, this is not convincing. I'll need something more convincing
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
honestly Brov, this is not convincing. I'll need something more convincing

cool Its not my duty to convince anyone.However, have you ever honored the memory of a loved one who is late? If your answer is yes then you should understand. If your answer is yes and you still do not understand, then I can't help you. cool
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool Its not my duty to convince anyone.However, have you ever honored the memory of a loved one who is late? If your answer is yes then you should understand. If your answer is yes and you still do not understand, then I can't help you. cool
No. That's my answer. I've lost a few

Why?
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
No. That's my answer. I've lost a few

Why?

cool So you have never spent a moment in remembrance of one of the few you lost? cool
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

cool So you have never spent a moment in remembrance of one of the few you lost? cool
Depends why you mean by 'remembrance'. I've never done anything special to remember the dead. But I've had few times in my mind I remember them
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

Depends why you mean by 'remembrance'. I've never done anything special to remember the dead. But I've had few times in my mind I remember them grin
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by prophetfire: 11:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

coolFYI - even though I am not a SWner, I love Osun people and their traditional ways. May the Gods bless them plenty. As for who is responsible for Nigeria's backwardness I blame the brainwashing via Christianity and Islam of millions of Nigerians making it impossible for them to think clearly and solve problems. INVESTMENT? That is all Xtians think shout MONEY MONEY MONEY - your gay god is really mammon. He dey pain you? grin grin grin grin grin cool
no wonder the bible says that they that worship idols are like the idols. deaf
dumb. blind and without brain
that's why you remain backward
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by prophetfire: 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
YungMillionaire:

How dare you call your ancestors dumb? Now let me pay you back in your own coin you useless fellow:

cool grin grin grin grin Your almighty god is a gay European youth - go and research the history of Jesus (I prefer to call him Jebus). Joshua/Moses were mass murderers. Jephtah sacrificed his own daughter to your foolish god - gayhovah. Noah fvck his own daughters. Real Africans don't worship gay/perverted European ancestors. They honor their OWN ancestors abi e concern u? Tomorrow is Sunday and when u go to church to bow down to your perverted white masters, the great Osun people will be in their shrine honoring the Great Sango, Ogun, Yemoja, Amadioha and Osun. Those are their ancestors, they are not perfect but they are a million times better than the perverted blood thirsty European/Palestinian Jews that you bow down to in your stupid churches. He dey pain you? grin grin grin cool
I thought I was onto a responsible adult. you are a court jester.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by YungMillionaire: 12:40am On Aug 21, 2016
prophetfire:
I thought I was onto a responsible adult. you are a court jester.

cool grin grin grin Mumu (stop pretending to be innocent) you started with the baseless insult (EVERYONE can see your original post) - I am just paying you back in your own coins. If you were decent I would have treated you nice. But even Jebus said do not cast your pearls before swines. He dey pain you? grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
sats:

You sabi curse o, na your talent? You see that transformer for una area Go hug am

Lame brained slave undecided
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
fhemmii:
Still believing in small gods and goddess in these 21st century,i pray that Almighty God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob,He that created the heaven and everything underneath,He that says "let there be and there was".The God that met with Saul will surely meet with everyone of them in Jesus name...

you are very stuupid. it's ur mad Jehovah that is small and powerless.... what am I even saying? that mad thing only exists in ur deranged enslaved minds. ..even Europeans that gave u that deity have stopped worshiping it knowing how useless and non existent it really is

before ur mad Jehovah was invented by the Jews and Romans the heavens above existed. brainless dumb fuvk

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
prophetfire:
no wonder the bible says that they that worship idols are like the idols. deaf
dumb. blind and without brain
that's why you remain backward

backwards?! are you better than him or me, or anyone defending african culture?

as fools that swear to Jehovah yet u rape children, hate your blood, steal public funds, never invest in what can push africa forward. .. and you expect to be advanced? ode osi... u see how foolish you were born?

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
prophetfire:
you call me idiot you deranged idol worshipper. well you and your useless idols were defeated and enslaved by people whose God was superior and authentic and they have taken over your pathetic lands,sacked your useless idols, priests and worshipers and built churches there. shows how useless you and your idols are.

Yes cus you are nothing better than an iidiot. listen! you are also a bastard and a mental slave. . I don't mean it as an insult but I'm being perfectly honest with you

you insult your ancestors, you hate your culture, and run after the trash of Arabs, Jews and Europeans, carrying their beliefs even more seriously than they do
you are what I call you.

foolish! go learn african history boy, go learn how developed we were, in areas of medicine and physiology, societal peace and morality, fitting infrastructure for the time, cosmology....Europeans envied our standard and sought after its destruction. ..first they took advantage of our tolerance and friendship to deceive gullible women into Christianity who then inducted their little children.
you stay behind a computer talking thrash as if you know anything about africa. stuupid fool

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by LEOSIRSIR(m): 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
What you don't know, you don't argue
Show me an ex arugba who lives her live miserable or you move on

[quote author=Aderola15 post=48650682][/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
prophetfire:
why is your Oshogbo river that you worship not making you to compete likewise? instead it has made you hungry and your govt incapable of paying salaries.that's why no one would invest in the useless festival.

is osun the national Patron of Nigeria? when did the Senate or president consider Osun in state policies? don't blame the minority traditionalists for the problems caused by the majority christians and Muslims. .. you are stuupid to blame us.

all the money put into sponsoring hajj and trips to Israel they are not used for sensible things like paying up salaries... go blame ur stupid Jesus

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
Aderola15:

They finished her big time oooo and the girl is young and beautiful.

another stupid slave. a young girl honors her ancestors and follows her destiny. ..you raise curses and Ill wishes upon her. you are so evil you Christians and Muslims you deserve no kindness or good with such disgusting thoughts

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
Aderola15:

She lives in the palace for now, when they are done using her and her tenure is over....... she's gonna leave the palace for the next Arugba and end up being a beggar, that's how they finish their life cycle most times

look at this shameless liar. lying for Jesus. it is your life that will be finished. wishing evil on a young girl because she honors her ancestors and practice her culture. it's you that will not succeed and turn into a beggar.

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Are you saying she'll be let off after some time? When she'll be done with and everything good about her must have been used to appease the gods? Jesu mi oooooo shocked shocked

That's sad. I think they should make provisions for them lifetime. Too bad

you must be gullible to believe that useless scum bag .or maybe you are just another scum!

the Arugba is sacred to osun .she must be a virgin, definitely she must marry and have children, yoruba culture will never encourage living to die childless like western culture...she stop being the Arugba when she decides to marry
nothing in her body is taken, instead she is given. .fertility and good health, and peace of mind is sure for

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by sats: 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
macof:

Lame brained slave undecided

Free born not osusu
Are you done or you still want to display the immaturity of your thinking and conduct?
Your choice
... mind you, am done wasting my mb on you, am not on glo 50gb for N50
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
sats:

Free born not osusu
Are you done or you still want to display the immaturity of your thinking and conduct?
Your choice
... mind you, am done wasting my mb on you, am not on glo 50gb for N50

When I say slave I mean a mental slave who's thinking faculty is caged by the Europeans who sold him a god they invented
use ur head and claim ur freedom

1 Like

Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2016
[quote author=LEOSIRSIR post=48682415]
Mr. Leosirsir, I don't make contributions with baseless fact and there's no reason for me to lie. The girl was my student for 3 solid months and from all she said you would know she's not happy playing that role. I'm not telling them to abolish the Osun Oshogbo festival but it shouldn't be done at the expense of someone's life and future. About them turning to beggers later on, I can't give you a good example but the next time you go to Oshogbo or ilesha.......make sure you go to the market during the market day and see things for yourself.

and for the idiot Quoting me up there, when you are ready to talk like a responsible and literate person..... let me know
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
macof:

you must be gullible to believe that useless scum bag .or maybe you are just another scum!

the Arugba is sacred to osun .she must be a virgin, definitely she must marry and have children, yoruba culture will never encourage living to die childless like western culture...she stop being the Arugba when she decides to marry
nothing in her body is taken, instead she is given. .fertility and good health, and peace of mind is sure for
Firstly, you don't have to insult to pass your message.

Secondly, I'm not Yoruba and I know nothing about the Arugba or whatever.

Now, you can explain what the Arugba is all about if you still wish to
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by prophetfire: 3:09am On Aug 22, 2016
macof:

backwards?! are you better than him or me, or anyone defending african culture?

as fools that swear to Jehovah yet u rape children, hate your blood, steal public funds, never invest in what can push africa forward. .. and you expect to be advanced? ode osi... u see how foolish you were born?
all your useless dead idols teach you is to insult persons you don't know. no single manners or courtesy. reason why African idol worshippers are backward and undeveloped. the white man and his true living God conquered you and your useless idols and you have to learn to live with this reality. if your useless idols are of any use or powerful, let them rise and retake their territories. you are conquered and conquered for good. learn to live with this reality.
Re: Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up by macof(m): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
prophetfire:
all your useless dead idols teach you is to insult persons you don't know. no single manners or courtesy. reason why African idol worshippers are backward and undeveloped. the white man and his true living God conquered you and your useless idols and you have to learn to live with this reality. if your useless idols are of any use or powerful, let them rise and retake their territories. you are conquered and conquered for good. learn to live with this reality.

this guy is so dull.

go ask ur mad gayhova why he didn't save christians killed by boko haram, why he allowed african black Muslims take over Spain and Portugal. ask ur useless Jesus why The Roman Empire was crushed and divided. ask ur gay master why The Christian byzantine empire was terminated by the Turks. ask ur yahweh why Hitler killed millions of his Jewish people. ask ur useless deity why Babylon and Assyria destroyed Israel, the destructive effects they have not recovered from till today, and will never recover from

the answer is simple - ur doG is useless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Confirms Ooni Of Ife's Marriage To Olori Wuraola Crash / Emir Sanusi Visits His Mother With His Mercedes Benz 220S Cabriolet (Photos) / Igwe John Umenyiora Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.