Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! (37003 Views)

Why Glo Recent Slash In Data Bundle Should Excite You / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by jshwilton(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
Save for the frequent disconnections, Glo is doing pretty fine in Ibadan. I stream every video available, even share my data with any one who's Wi-Fi and likes the internet.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Topmaike007(m): 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
I rep made. In nigeria. Glo fast or not dey are. The grand master of data

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Topmaike007(m): 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
ewizard1:

I wonder people dont know this! Even Etisalat which most would say its best has their own locations were they perform very worst!
etisalat suck in my area. Glo z the best joor they are the grand master of data

2 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by ceaser: 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

You should take a course on Android development to know what happens under the Android stack.

Check Coursera..

Please stop engaging him, for every reply of his to you is prefixed with an abusive or cuss word. Can't stand those any longer. Aggghrrr!

Do you guys know each other outside here? Cos he looks like he wants to grind a personal axe with you.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by bobokunlexzy: 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
........& thatz y our Ancestors said "one man's meat is another man's poison. So therefore make all of Una stop d argument & fighting.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by hUmaneOne: 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
ceaser:

Please stop engaging him, for every reply of his to you is prefixed with an abusive or cuss word. Can't stand those any longer. Aggghrrr!

Do you guys know each other outside here? Cos he looks like he wants to grind a personal axe with you.

thanks sir.i'll stop.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by bigtt76(f): 11:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Mine works with Mobdro ...I use Glo data

hUmaneOne:

Meaning you've granted GPS permissions to an app to use Glo. Simply revoke it

Mobdro doesn't work with gkoflat apn
It also doesn't work with mtn apn with proxy
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by aoshea18: 1:25am On Aug 21, 2016
Well, Glo is superfast in my area. I use my Glo line for data mostly even though I have an mtn line and an Etisalat line. Downloaded marvel's contest of champions recently on android. Took about an hour. I don't like their call rates or plans but with over 200k new subscribers according to ncc, they're winning the data war!
Use what works in your area basically.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Youngtrice(m): 1:50am On Aug 21, 2016
I'm tired too ! anytime I turn on my data connection the GPS comes on as well.. 3G is slower than most 2G I've come across

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 21, 2016
softheart45:
This is our nigeria owned network,let us nt wash our dirty clothes outside. Support them, complain 2 customer care.imagine this na ur papa company, hw u go feel?
Does their customer Care work? customer care that keep rehearsing one word on daily basis .

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by dombroski: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2016
Hmmm. For over a now that I recharged #1000 after a long period of nonperformance, I have not been able to even open a google page successfully. And the days are counting. Anyway, just waiting for it to expire.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by MrGerald(m): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
wide network coverage, strong data speed, menu services mtn is way ahead of others, (particular location) not necessary, I think Airtel and etisalat are trying too
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
Thats why am sticking to my ntel Network super fast amazing speed for browsing oooo
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by cleavon(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
which of these network is using 4G?
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
ceaser:

calm down its just a troll
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by tosinfresh(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2016
Pls I can't access mobdro app on my android with GLO data, I believe GLO has some kind of restrictions, the mobdro worked well with my mtn and also with WiFi connections, I just switched to GLO to enjoy the new available friendly data bundles.
Pls I need help from GLO users with the mobdro app. Thank u.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Fisayo1212: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2016
tosinfresh:
Pls I can't access mobdro app on my android with GLO data, I believe GLO has some kind of restrictions, the mobdro worked well with my mtn and also with WiFi connections, I just switched to GLO to enjoy the new available friendly data bundles.
Pls I need help from GLO users with the mobdro app. Thank u.

My mobdo is not working also I don't know what I can do anybody in d house should help out
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by kov624665(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2016
jmoore:

No doubt that there are some people that are enjoying glo data. But if we are to take a survey, glo is the worst. What's the point if only 15% of your customers enjoy your data services while the remaining 85% are frustrated. Use this thread as an example. It is obvious that glo is non reliable.

The most frustrating thing is when I use generator to power my computer and my petrol is wasting because glo decided to fuc* up. undecided

My ratings so far is

1- Etisalat

2- Mtn

3- Airtel ( the data is exactly half of what you buy grin )

4- Glo
and your own statistics, who conducted the survey?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funny Places People Charge Their Phone / Get Awesome Blackberry Display Pictures (dp's) For Free! / Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.