Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! (37459 Views)

Why Glo Recent Slash In Data Bundle Should Excite You / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by jewelofafrica(f): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
Op you speak for yourself, I have used all networks... Glo opens web pages like zooom!
Check your phone settings, call 444 to be sure you are using the correct settings. Clear your cache periodically too, Glo rocks men! They have their down moments just like any other networks but when they are good they are good! - content customer ( I heard area boys turned off glo mast in my area one time because them never settle them for the year, network was so bad then)

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by olubenjazzy(m): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Did you have issues to iron out with glo?

It's working perfectly here for me.

And am enjoying the 2500=10gb presently.

Just tell us that glo network is poor at ur own location.

Mtn sucks here sometimes.

But glo,etisalat and airtel are just fine here.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by olubenjazzy(m): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
jewelofafrica:
Op you speak for yourself, I have used all networks... Glo opens web pages like zooom!
Check your phone settings, call 444 to be sure you are using the correct settings. Clear your cache periodically too, Glo rocks men! They have their down moments just like any other networks but when they are good they are good! - content customer ( I heard area boys turned off glo mast in my area one time because them never settle them for the year, network was so bad then)

Am with u
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by EkeneElectrons(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
glo na flash o
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by francis247(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
kiddie:

glo won't and can't automatically turn on your gps check your phone especially if it's rooted
It's Glo.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by ewizard1: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
onoerime:
Glo all the way. No best network. It all pends on your location
I wonder people dont know this! Even Etisalat which most would say its best has their own locations were they perform very worst!
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by havennie(f): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
acenazt:
rubbish
Mtn
Etisalat
Airtel
Snail
Glo

LoL, d snail part got me rotf. grin
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Alexdon200089: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
Valto:
glo is the best network in my area. if glo is not good in your area, change network grin btw, if i am judge all networks as u are doing (according to my area) glo is the best, while Etisalat and airtel is the worst. Glo is winning the data war, according to NCC statistics tongue
What you said is true!Glo bam mmore than any other network that I have used in my area!!I reside in PH but I can telll the truth that glo with 2GB network I can freely download
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Alexdon200089: 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
onoerime:
Glo all the way. No best network. It all pends on your location
It all depends on your location indeed
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by busyfishing(m): 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
How many Sims you come get? Are you a '19 ?
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
The GPS thing buddy. cry
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by petchi: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bros you are working for MTN, PERIOD. At least GLO gives the exact Data it promised while, MTN gives half.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 3:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Glo puts on your GPS? Wow... Another level of ignorance

Let me help you with this..

The reason why the GPS turn on when the data is turned on is because your GPS settings is in high accuracy which makes your phone use Assisted GPS (gps with data )

If you don't want the GPS ,turn of both the GPS service And location obased service.

Glo or any other provider doesnt need your GPS for anything .they already track you via triangulation from their base stations.
Oga stfu if you don't know what to say. Am typing from observation on my phone d high accuracy stuff av changed it I even you droid automation for shutting down d GPS but to no avail, tried changing Sim and wiping my phone still it persists for 4.4 users anytime you turn on your data d GPS turns on am not d only 1 experiencing this. Go ask garound before you start talking shi.t noob

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
This is our nigeria owned network,let us nt wash our dirty clothes outside. Support them, complain 2 customer care.imagine this na ur papa company, hw u go feel?
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
skyo78:
Op, by now you should know that isp performance is based on location.

Also, it's impossible for Glo or any other network to turn on your phones GPS.
Check your phone settings, or maybe you installed a rogue app.
stfu if you don't know what to say about the GPS noob its happening to many pipo not from settings Dumbass

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
iliyande:

I can't argue further since I am not alone
thank you this guy is noob

2 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by hUmaneOne: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rozaystunna:
Oga stfu if you don't know what to say. Am typing from observation on my phone d high accuracy stuff av changed it I even you droid automation for shutting down d GPS but to no avail, tried changing Sim and wiping my phone still it persists for 4.4 users anytime you turn on your data d GPS turns on am not d only 1 experiencing this. Go as around before you start talking shi.t noob
Feel free to rant. I use Glo as well grin

I'm sure you're not a noob. Simply take a bug report and interpret before throwing tantrums cool
Cheers
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

You're right about the problem on tecno ..
Tecno has had plenty issues on their phone software .
I had to build my own rom some years ago before I could enjoy a borrowed tecno.
It's a software permission thingy from the stk application (the sim tool kit aka magic plus underlay) and affects some MTK phones as well.
It's not under glo's control but results from poor software build issues
Oga na so you dumb reach, see Hw him d claim miss techy Wetin concern that stuff and software permission chaiii grin
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Feel free to rant. I use Glo as well grin
I know say you be olodo but continue tech genius my foot grin grin
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

You're right.. It's the way the Glo magicplus runs on some devices.
Sim tool kit apps can operate in 2 modes, dedicated mode and raw mode.

Most poorly built roms from tecno etal do not make the proper changes hence the magicplus connects erratically..
Sometimes the app even sends a free sms when the phone is immediately turned on.

Remove that sim and put in a Samsung or HTC phone. those GPS issues won't come on .

Blame the dull Android build and not Glo. Magicplus is the most sophisticated stk app I've ever seen in Nigeria.

I'm out
chaiiii magic plus come follow chaiiiii my guy you are not making sense
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by hUmaneOne: 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rozaystunna:
I know say you be olodo but continue tech genius my foot grin grin
Don't worry, I'm not claiming to be your Tech Savior..
I'm only telling you my findings.. Which has helped me,
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by hUmaneOne: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rozaystunna:
chaiiii magic plus come follow chaiiiii my guy you are not making sense
You should take a course on Android development to know what happens under the Android stack.

Check Coursera..
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
FLStudioGuy:
The GPS thing buddy. cry
my friend got an upgrade to 5.1 and it stopped am using glo now network is nice but d GPS is killing me damn .. Just upgrade bro
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by mildflame: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:
Today after almost a week of testing, I have finally gotten tired of Glo. Now, it is necessary to note at this junction that I am a heavy user of all the networks - MTN (2 Sims), Airtel (2 Sims), Etisalat (1 sim) and Glo (1 recent sim). Like everyone within the past 2 months, I had been inundated with the recent Glo data offers (#1000 for a Bazillion gb). So exactly on monday this week, I decided to take the bite and try out Glo again (after an almost 3yr hiatus).
Its been 4days now, and even though I hardly write, I had to sit down and pen these cogent reasons on why Glo will be the loser of the data Wars.

1. Super Poor Network Connection: Yes. As everyone knows, Glo and poor network are 5 & 6 and its only someone working in Glo office that will tell you otherwise. Get used to super slow network the likes you probably haven't seen since the late 2000s. I could wager my money that even the Airtel 2g is faster that Glo 3g at times. Proof? A simple Google or Nairaland search will convince you (check the post date.)

2. Frequent Disconnection: During my few days of Data hell, it was as if Glo owned my phone. What with the frequent data disconnections and network vanishing at intervals. I had never experienced such sorcery prior to Glo. This may have been the end of my sorrows until....

3. GPS: Remember when I said it was as if Glo owned my phone? Yea right. They had to one up themselves didn't they? Any time I put on my data connection, so would My GPS be unceremoniously turned on. I suspected foul play on Glo 's part and a simple Google search brought me to this page on NL - https://www.nairaland.com/2899604/gps-keeps-turning-automatically-after/1 confirming my suspicion. Glo was the culprit!!! Did anyone inform Glo I played Pokemon Go? Wetin person dey use GPS do for naija? I tire.

Glo seriously just had to know where I was. . Even if you turn it off, within a minute it was back again. And God help you if you sleep off without putting off your data. Just kiss your fully charged battery Goodbye. Especially in this era that Nepa doesn't have joy

This was the last straw. I couldn't take it again (I probably will until my subscription expires Sunday. So, yes. I posted this with Glo). A bad User experience coupled with poor network? Glo is silently but surely heading for the data Gallows.

Coded MTN Staff
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

You should take a course on Android development to know what happens under the Android stack.

Check Coursera..
smh idiota I learn python there not this am telling you sumtin all the things your saying ll not help, the solution is to upgrade to 5.1
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by ideology(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:
Today after almost a week of testing, I have finally gotten tired of Glo. Now, it is necessary to note at this junction that I am a heavy user of all the networks - MTN (2 Sims), Airtel (2 Sims), Etisalat (1 sim) and Glo (1 recent sim). Like everyone within the past 2 months, I had been inundated with the recent Glo data offers (#1000 for a Bazillion gb). So exactly on monday this week, I decided to take the bite and try out Glo again (after an almost 3yr hiatus).
Its been 4days now, and even though I hardly write, I had to sit down and pen these cogent reasons on why Glo will be the loser of the data Wars.

1. Super Poor Network Connection: Yes. As everyone knows, Glo and poor network are 5 & 6 and its only someone working in Glo office that will tell you otherwise. Get used to super slow network the likes you probably haven't seen since the late 2000s. I could wager my money that even the Airtel 2g is faster that Glo 3g at times. Proof? A simple Google or Nairaland search will convince you (check the post date.)

2. Frequent Disconnection: During my few days of Data hell, it was as if Glo owned my phone. What with the frequent data disconnections and network vanishing at intervals. I had never experienced such sorcery prior to Glo. This may have been the end of my sorrows until....

3. GPS: Remember when I said it was as if Glo owned my phone? Yea right. They had to one up themselves didn't they? Any time I put on my data connection, so would My GPS be unceremoniously turned on. I suspected foul play on Glo 's part and a simple Google search brought me to this page on NL - https://www.nairaland.com/2899604/gps-keeps-turning-automatically-after/1 confirming my suspicion. Glo was the culprit!!! Did anyone inform Glo I played Pokemon Go? Wetin person dey use GPS do for naija? I tire.

Glo seriously just had to know where I was. . Even if you turn it off, within a minute it was back again. And God help you if you sleep off without putting off your data. Just kiss your fully charged battery Goodbye. Especially in this era that Nepa doesn't have joy

This was the last straw. I couldn't take it again (I probably will until my subscription expires Sunday. So, yes. I posted this with Glo). A bad User experience coupled with poor network? Glo is silently but surely heading for the data Gallows.

2 weeks ago, i made similar post

https://www.nairaland.com/3274335/globacom-aware-open-letter-globacom

I try to paint it and gave them good look, yet it seems that they don't know the power of internet.

Its a matter of time, they will lose the most loyal customers

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by hUmaneOne: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rozaystunna:
smh idiota I learn python there not this am telling you sumtin all the things your saying ll not help, the solution is to upgrade to 5.1
Python is the simplest stuff out there.

The reason 5.1 upgrade makes it better is simply the permission structure that changed and is hardened
If your phone is rooted in 4.4 ,you can still effect the changes.
You are just too dense but why I'm still explaining is because others are learning. You are meant to be fo0lish all your life
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Python is the simplest stuff out there.

The reason 5.1 upgrade makes it better is simply the permission structure that changed and is hardened
If your phone is rooted in 4.4 ,you can still effect the changes.
You are just too dense but why I'm still explaining is because others are learning. You are meant to be fo0lish all your life
Lol from the replies, you're not making sense atall I bet you're just a retarded fat kid sitting behind his phone talking sh.it smiley smiley
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
Rozaystunna:
my friend got an upgrade to 5.1 and it stopped am using glo now network is nice but d GPS is killing me damn .. Just upgrade bro
Oh! Thanks man. Will do that asap
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by valgbo(m): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
glo na nonsense network if u on data for my side u no go c anytin in go dey as if im still dey off
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by livenletlive: 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
I told ya..Glo is rubbish.. they give bonus data you cant use. calls dont go through or keep cutting off... grin grin
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
Mosthandsomeboy:
They lost a long time ago
that should be the staircase to Uniben library

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / TECNO Camon 11 Pro Unboxing, Specifications & First Impressions + Price (photos) / Things Your Camera Can Do Other Than Just Taking Selfies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.