Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,851 members, 7,824,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! (37031 Views)

Why Glo Recent Slash In Data Bundle Should Excite You / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by fuadnero(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2016
Glo! The network is poo... In all areas I've been

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Mcowubaba: 6:38am On Aug 20, 2016
rufans:

GLO is amazing here
Yes here in Mike Adenuga Towers
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 20, 2016
Seconded.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by luluosas(m): 6:39am On Aug 20, 2016
As tempting as their cheap data price may appear, I will stick to etisalat and keep mtn as spare.

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Xionez(m): 6:42am On Aug 20, 2016
Same here o...and its not funny.
Seriously thinking of porting back to MTN. Whats 2Gig data when you cant use it to browse and update properly. I will rather get 1.5GB and get reliable performance.
It can't even open normal sites, even Gloworld.com takes like forever to load.
Speeds which too low for a modem use.

Called them and below are the end results...

7018 - "Dear Customer, Your Network Signal Issues Ref: GLO 1-2873083954 is expected to be resolved within 48 HRS. Glo Unlimited!!!"

7018 - " Dear Customer, Your Network Signal Issues Ref: GLO 1-2873083954 request has been resolved. Glo Unlimited!!!"

And bro is still getting 13KB/s on 3G network more than 72hours after. These are EDGE speeds petes sakes.
..in this data age.

Used to boast about them, now i am hiding face. Can't recommend them. If they are throttling the ish because of the increased number of subscribers, then why 20KB/s and not 70KB/s or 100KB/s that is slightly okay to be used for desktop browsing.

Well, waiting for my rent to finish so i can pack my load and vamoose.

2 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:43am On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:
my GPS just came on again (4th in 2 minutes) angry ..
No looking back..

If Only Glo can work on their current poor Network, i will rate them as the best data network in Nigeria.

Reason? They respect the 'poor'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Sard(m): 6:43am On Aug 20, 2016
Mosthandsomeboy:
They lost a long time ago
Baba, why did you have to upload your picture on this thread and even tag it "coolest Chris"? You even wear Mickey Mouse shirt, who does that? With your username and other stuffs, I think you're narcissistic.

@op... I dislike that glo of a thing. I don't even have glo sim.

4 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=ajibola4sure post=48637966][/quote]
I'm in Ede as well, Ede town to be precise and I can testify to airtel and etisalat that they are super fast in this area and constant power supply make me love this town too. But Glo is bad very bad indeed, I almost cry last time I subscribe to it data bundle.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by xreal: 6:45am On Aug 20, 2016
Glo is just a disappointment.

I destroyed my glo Sim and 'following' Airtel.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by micskales(m): 6:48am On Aug 20, 2016
Mosthandsomeboy:
They lost a long time ago
I think u just bought this your clothes?

2 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by damola311: 6:50am On Aug 20, 2016
After MTN, na MTN.... then etisalat...... others can GTH
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by ObaKlaz: 6:50am On Aug 20, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
Yes, network can be bad atimes but Glo has already won the battle you speak of

Glo Is goin to continue winning becos they add alitle bit xtra like if I subscribe for 1400 I get addition 2800 for calls so y would I leave that for any other smelly network

Ask Empty N and oda network providers, they are losing so bad
My thoughts exactly, sir.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by alabiyemmy(m): 6:51am On Aug 20, 2016

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by mimicious(f): 6:55am On Aug 20, 2016
uncle op, glo is amazing here. it just depend on the area.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 20, 2016
depends on your area, Glo network is actually the best at my area.. I downloaded app worth of 1.4gb in less than 20 mins with Glo.... I've never achieve that with the other network

3 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Tobium1(m): 6:58am On Aug 20, 2016
Na only for ur area Glo go lose data war, cos cos my own area Glo is de best. Location matters a lot in terms of network strength
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by next2kings(m): 7:00am On Aug 20, 2016
Its simple, more data=stupid Network... grin grin grin
However, I think glo works well in some areas, so if it doesn't work in ur area u can choose what network works for u. I'm not a fan anyway...cos I hate 'em all. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Kaybaba5(m): 7:00am On Aug 20, 2016
Glo speed depends on your location
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by marinepatrol: 7:01am On Aug 20, 2016
omo glo network is the shit and de piss. her network is the best fast and reliable from my end and everywhere i go maybe except my village. support ur home base network free all them mtn cause na tief them be. if not for glo data on other network for never come down. Rule ur world.

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by TheRealAfonja(m): 7:05am On Aug 20, 2016
Glo is a thief.... Thunder wey go fire all of them still dey smoke for backyard ... I bought the 1,000 naira package on Sunday by Monday morning dey told me I have 120mb left .... Before I commot for bathroom 0mb left .... I hate Glo MTN I never tried others
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Jethrolite(m): 7:06am On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:
Today after almost a week of testing, I have finally gotten tired of Glo. Now, it is necessary to note at this junction that I am a heavy user of all the networks - MTN (2 Sims), Airtel (2 Sims), Etisalat (1 sim) and Glo (1 recent sim). Like everyone within the past 2 months, I had been inundated with the recent Glo data offers (#1000 for a Bazillion gb). So exactly on monday this week, I decided to take the bite and try out Glo again (after an almost 3yr hiatus).
Its been 4days now, and even though I hardly write, I had to sit down and pen these cogent reasons on why Glo will be the loser of the data Wars.

1. Super Poor Network Connection: Yes. As everyone knows, Glo and poor network are 5 & 6 and its only someone working in Glo office that will tell you otherwise. Get used to super slow network the likes you probably haven't seen since the late 2000s. I could wager my money that even the Airtel 2g is faster that Glo 3g at times. Proof? A simple Google or Nairaland search will convince you (check the post date.)

2. Frequent Disconnection: During my few days of Data hell, it was as if Glo owned my phone. What with the frequent data disconnections and network vanishing at intervals. I had never experienced such sorcery prior to Glo. This may have been the end of my sorrows until....

3. GPS: Remember when I said it was as if Glo owned my phone? Yea right. They had to one up themselves didn't they? Any time I put on my data connection, so would My GPS be unceremoniously turned on. I suspected foul play on Glo 's part and a simple Google search brought me to this page on NL - https://www.nairaland.com/2899604/gps-keeps-turning-automatically-after/1 confirming my suspicion. Glo was the culprit!!! Did anyone inform Glo I played Pokemon Go? Wetin person dey use GPS do for naija? I tire.

Glo seriously just had to know where I was. . Even if you turn it off, within a minute it was back again. And God help you if you sleep off without putting off your data. Just kiss your fully charged battery Goodbye. Especially in this era that Nepa doesn't have joy

This was the last straw. I couldn't take it again (I probably will until my subscription expires Sunday. So, yes. I posted this with Glo). A bad User experience coupled with poor network? Glo is silently but surely heading for the data Gallows.

I like that you wrote this just in case there are still areas with poor connection because presently, Glo is very fast. I remember those days when my 24 hours subscription would only browse from 12am but now I stream video and games without issues.

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by bobo65(m): 7:07am On Aug 20, 2016
onoerime:
Glo all the way. No best network. It all pends on your location

U don't get it do u?

If Nigeria has 20 areas, glo works in just 1 area while other networks work in atleast 15 areas and mtn works in like 18

2 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by blackmantis: 7:07am On Aug 20, 2016
Airtel are currently having the upper hand. Their data plans are toooo good to be true. N50 for 1.5gig free basics with 0.0N men Airtel ti take over!

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by bobo65(m): 7:09am On Aug 20, 2016
micskales:
I think u just bought this your clothes?

Lol
Duno What's doing that guy
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by prophetfire: 7:10am On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:
Today after almost a week of testing, I have finally gotten tired of Glo. Now, it is necessary to note at this junction that I am a heavy user of all the networks - MTN (2 Sims), Airtel (2 Sims), Etisalat (1 sim) and Glo (1 recent sim). Like everyone within the past 2 months, I had been inundated with the recent Glo data offers (#1000 for a Bazillion gb). So exactly on monday this week, I decided to take the bite and try out Glo again (after an almost 3yr hiatus).
Its been 4days now, and even though I hardly write, I had to sit down and pen these cogent reasons on why Glo will be the loser of the data Wars.

1. Super Poor Network Connection: Yes. As everyone knows, Glo and poor network are 5 & 6 and its only someone working in Glo office that will tell you otherwise. Get used to super slow network the likes you probably haven't seen since the late 2000s. I could wager my money that even the Airtel 2g is faster that Glo 3g at times. Proof? A simple Google or Nairaland search will convince you (check the post date.)

2. Frequent Disconnection: During my few days of Data hell, it was as if Glo owned my phone. What with the frequent data disconnections and network vanishing at intervals. I had never experienced such sorcery prior to Glo. This may have been the end of my sorrows until....

3. GPS: Remember when I said it was as if Glo owned my phone? Yea right. They had to one up themselves didn't they? Any time I put on my data connection, so would My GPS be unceremoniously turned on. I suspected foul play on Glo 's part and a simple Google search brought me to this page on NL - https://www.nairaland.com/2899604/gps-keeps-turning-automatically-after/1 confirming my suspicion. Glo was the culprit!!! Did anyone inform Glo I played Pokemon Go? Wetin person dey use GPS do for naija? I tire.

Glo seriously just had to know where I was. . Even if you turn it off, within a minute it was back again. And God help you if you sleep off without putting off your data. Just kiss your fully charged battery Goodbye. Especially in this era that Nepa doesn't have joy

This was the last straw. I couldn't take it again (I probably will until my subscription expires Sunday. So, yes. I posted this with Glo). A bad User experience coupled with poor network? Glo is silently but surely heading for the data Gallows.

all de networks are crap to some level. ur location determines the level of crapiness or otherwise.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by bobo65(m): 7:10am On Aug 20, 2016
joey150:
Glo is just...
Oh mehn, i need an adjective here...
The network just sucks.
Same as ntel.. Nigeria would just never get anything right.

Glo was supposed to be the best,seeeing as thet started out in naija.. But they are more interested in signing big celebrities to market their crap!

Once i notice you use glo or internet explorer i swear I'll never take you serious! grin

Lolzz
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by hUmaneOne: 7:10am On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:

Glo puts on your GPS? Wow... Another level of ignorance

Let me help you with this..

The reason why the GPS turn on when the data is turned on is because your GPS settings is in high accuracy which makes your phone use Assisted GPS (gps with data )

If you don't want the GPS ,turn of both the GPS service And location based service.

Glo or any other provider doesnt need your GPS for anything .they already track you via triangulation from their base stations.

3 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by MutantMetahuman: 7:11am On Aug 20, 2016
Glo the terrible grin
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by johnaruson(m): 7:12am On Aug 20, 2016
I abandoned my glo subscription of 100mb/100 naira one day and switched to mtn 30mb/100 naira one day. Glo is a matter of bring head come take head: i am in the heart of PortHacourt.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by prophetfire: 7:13am On Aug 20, 2016
bobo65:

U don't get it do u?

If Nigeria has 20 areas, glo works in just 1 area while other networks work in atleast 15 areas and mtn works in like 18
you are dead wrong.I travel a lot because of my work especially to remote rural areas. glo and mtn are trying. not much difference.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by kolaish(m): 7:14am On Aug 20, 2016
NETWORK RECEPTION HAS A LOT TO DO WITH YOUR LOCATION. I AM IN AKOBO IBADAN, GLO NETWORK IS THE BEST HERE. I HAVE USED ETISALAT BEFORE AND IT IS A NIGHTMARE; TAKES ABOUT 1 MINUTE FOR GOOGLE TO COME UP.
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by holuphisayor(m): 7:17am On Aug 20, 2016
rufans:

GLO is amazing here
Same here too, enjoying my 10gig
And gps doesnt turn on.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports / Lady destroys iPhone 7+ because her boyfriend refused to buy her iPhone XS Max. / Uganda Vs Nigeria Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.