Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw (11179 Views)

Saraki Gives 4 SUVs To 4 High Chiefs In Ilorin (Photos) / Federal Ministry Of Power's Statement On The Blackout On The National Grid. / Buhari's Appointments: Death Toll Rises To Eight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Goldenheart(m): 7:55am On Aug 20, 2016
Fashola is working.. . wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by ojtech8291: 7:55am On Aug 20, 2016
For my side 30minutes, 1hr, 2hrs and sometimes flashing a day. So, far 2hrs is the highest.
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by major466(m): 7:56am On Aug 20, 2016
Too early to celebrate. Electricity supply ususally peak around August and September every year due high volume of water in Hydro Stations nationwide. Lets wait and see whether the current electricity supply will be maintain in dry season from October to December.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by drbre(m): 7:58am On Aug 20, 2016
I have experienced more than 24 hrs uninterrupted power supply in my neighbourhood in the past one week. An average of 21 hours per day is now a guarantee.

DISCLAIMER
Don't expect the same experience if you live in the back towns.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by ajebuter(f): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2016
Oya let me say kudos to APC today so that e no go be say na so so criticism..
Oya make una maintain it even in dry season ..
E ma tan ara yin...
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by persius555(m): 8:06am On Aug 20, 2016
frenchwine:
I know where it's rising from buh I can't relate to where it's rising to . I have been saying it on all electricity threads, Niger state has 3 hydroelectric dams yet the major towns do not have up to 3hours of electricity.
I can speak categorically for Bida and Minna , sometimes we don't get power for days.
Where is this power generation rising to, biko?
Oga, it is called national grid. No matter what you generate or produce, it desnt belong to you alone but the entire country. Until we sit down and reason if this system of governance is best for all, let them continue to enjoy their fair share of a centralised govt.

The Niger Deltans know better.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2016
persius555:
Oga, it is called national grid. No matter what you generate or produce, it desnt belong to you alone but the entire country. Until we sit down and reason if this system of governance is best for all, let them continue to enjoy their fair share of a centralised govt.

The Niger Deltans know better.
I understand your point very well, however even the Niger deltans are given 13% derivation of their oil which is something. The power sector is however different, moreso with the unbundling and emmergence of discos. AEDC manages power generated for this region, after Abuja, Niger state is the next important economic town in this zone, however we get the least power. How ironic.
To dey reason naija matter sef don tire me
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by yahmohy27: 8:27am On Aug 20, 2016
frenchwine:
I know where it's rising from buh I can't relate to where it's rising to . I have been saying it on all electricity threads, Niger state has 3 hydroelectric dams yet the major towns do not have up to 3hours of electricity.
I can speak categorically for Bida and Minna , sometimes we don't get power for days.
Even in SULEJA that suppose to be having light as the commercial town very closed to the FCT is not having light oo,even as im typing no light since yesterday after 2hrs power supply
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by yahmohy27: 8:32am On Aug 20, 2016
Loonyy:
I never believed it ooooooooooo until I saw with my own eyes, I travelled to warri effurun GRA since yday uptill dis morning light has not blinked! Am still in shock
Sorry we are talking about Nigeria power Supply not UgandaN regions
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by btoks: 8:32am On Aug 20, 2016
This is no improvement in the grand scheme of things. This same news could have been written 30years ago.
Don't want to hear about MW this or that, when do we get stable power supply is what concerns people.

Long way to go,as vast development is still required.
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 20, 2016
yahmohy27:
Even in SULEJA that suppose to be having light as the commercial town very closed to the FCT is not having light oo,even as im typing no light since yesterday after 2hrs power supply
At least you even see 2hrs light. Here in Bida, light lasts for 30mins - 1hr, and it only comes on alternate days.
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by buckyfof(m): 8:41am On Aug 20, 2016
today is d third day going, dat am experiencing 23 hours of light every day........am really scared

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by henryutd(m): 8:47am On Aug 20, 2016
Thank God for everything.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Summer7: 8:53am On Aug 20, 2016
We at the peak of raining season. The water table at the Hydrothermal has increased. It is always so, say this in December-March next year , people will listen, nothing spectacular if you ask me.
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by ashjay001(m): 9:01am On Aug 20, 2016
frenchwine:

Seems they are evacuating d megawatts to major towns, that can pay exorbitant sums for electricity. Same stuff is being experienced in lokoja.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Wadeoye(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2016
Wailers are not smiling... angry angry angry angry angry

There have been light since yesterday and it has refused to go.
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by wildchild1: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2016
correct one

2016/2017 Jerseys available, order now
https://www.nairaland.com/3204752/2016-2017-jerseys-available-affordable
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by IRIEBOY(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2016
good news but in federal housing, Makurdi the power situation is pathetic..3hrs/day....
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by gbemmy2k10(m): 9:25am On Aug 20, 2016
abajo, I talk am. the rate wey light dey show for my side fear don catch me.
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by wristbangle: 9:37am On Aug 20, 2016
To me, this is still not a good news. This is the good news I want to hear about this administration.

Power generation increased to 12,000MW

Naira gains 50 percent against dollars, N100 to $1

Foreign reserve increased to $100 billion

NPR rate dropped from 14% to 7%

Pump price at N 50/L for PMS, N55 for AGO, N58 for DPR.

Bag of rice now N2,000.

Gradually we shall get there and beyond.
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by fhemmii: 9:40am On Aug 20, 2016
There's nothing to celebrate yet when 70 to 80 per cent of the 4,133MWs power generation is from hydro-source of power,when other sources {like Nuclear,coal,wind,biomass,waste materials, etc} are yet to be tapped into.
What will happen to our power generation when it is dry season,will it increase or decrease?
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by jmoore(m): 9:43am On Aug 20, 2016
menxer:
As the power output increases so does our bill courtesy of unscrupulous PHCN marketers. My neighborhood in Uyo today (19/8/2016) was shocked to discover that we have been paying our bills into a marketer's account, more like paying estimated bills though you have a meter.

This came to light when PHCN men were on disconnection duty, someone got suspicious of the bill that looked like it was xeroxed with a color copier and Laserjet printed, with the customer care lines incomplete. The fracas got to a point that SARS was called, but left when they heard the full gist.

You are hereby advised to verify your bill with what PHCN has on its data base as there is a cabal of marketers playing middlemen.
Na wa. The banks should know the accounts of the distribution company. When I pay bills, I don't fill the account number field. I just write EEDC ( I am in Aba, so EEDC is in charge here) then it is left for the cashier to write the bank account number.
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by jmoore(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2016
Beremx:
....not until i see the effect of the increase in my house. till then, it's all a lie!!
Say what? grin grin
[img]http://media4./media/CiYImHHBivpAs/200_s.gif[/img]
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Kennitrust(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2016
menxer:
As the power output increases so does our bill courtesy of unscrupulous PHCN marketers. My neighborhood in Uyo today (19/8/2016) was shocked to discover that we have been paying our bills into a marketer's account, more like paying estimated bills though you have a meter.

This came to light when PHCN men were on disconnection duty, someone got suspicious of the bill that looked like it was xeroxed with a color copier and Laserjet printed, with the customer care lines incomplete. The fracas got to a point that SARS was called, but left when they heard the full gist.

You are hereby advised to verify your bill with what PHCN has on its data base as there is a cabal of marketers playing middlemen.
where in Uyo did this happen?
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by lugado: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2016
Nⓘⓖⓔⓡⓘⓐ ⓦⓘⓛⓛ ⓖⓔⓣ ⓢⓣⓐⓑⓛⓔ ⓔⓛⓔⓒⓣⓡⓘⓒⓘⓣⓨ ⓘⓕ ⓖⓞⓥⓔⓡⓝⓜⓔⓝⓣ ⓒⓐⓝ ⓞⓝⓛⓨ ⓓⓞ ⓞⓝⓔ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ, ⓢⓤⓟⓟⓛⓨ ⓐⓛⓛ Nⓘⓖⓔⓡⓘⓐⓝⓢ ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓟⓡⓔⓟⓐⓘⓓ ⓜⓔⓣⓔⓡⓢ ⓐⓝⓓ ⓨⓞⓤ ⓦⓘⓛⓛ ⓢⓔⓔ ⓗⓞⓦ ⓐⓛⓛ ⓣⓗⓘⓢ ⓓⓘⓢⓒⓞⓢ ⓦⓘⓛⓛ ⓖⓔⓣ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓞⓡⓚ
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by bushguy: 10:07am On Aug 20, 2016
This is good news but it have to enjoy out of this little upgrade because I have been running Generator for the past 5days now. I voted for God and not Change and I am sure that is why he is still sustaining me while I humanly wait to see where all these leads the country after 4years
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by menxer: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2016
Kennitrust:
where in Uyo did this happen?

Aka itiam road
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Larryfest(m): 10:21am On Aug 20, 2016
Let's not be hasty with all the compliment yet the 'improvement' is merely circumstantial....
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 20, 2016
ashjay001:

Seems they are evacuating d megawatts to major towns, that can pay exorbitant sums for electricity. Same stuff is being experienced in lokoja.
Maybe true sha, cos these people for niger state ehn, very poor and carefree. If them no get light for one year, it wouldn't bother them.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Kennitrust(m): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2016
menxer:

Aka itiam road
same thing happened in our street at ikot udoro. this guys take us for a fool.

it disgusting!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari At 22nd Nigerian Economic Summit In Abuja (Photos) / AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq: EFCC Saved Us From Inheriting Empty Treasury / Labour Party's Senators-Elect And Reps-Elect Won't Defect — National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.