Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw (11174 Views)

Saraki Gives 4 SUVs To 4 High Chiefs In Ilorin (Photos) / Federal Ministry Of Power's Statement On The Blackout On The National Grid. / Buhari's Appointments: Death Toll Rises To Eight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by ijustdey: 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
The electricity grid in the country rose to 4,133megawatts (mw), the first time in about six months after acts of vandalism of gas fuel channels cut supply to about 23 power plants, our correspondent gathered yesterday.

Statistics obtained from the Nigeria System Operator (NSO), an arm of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) yesterday showed that 4,133mw was the peak generation on Wednesday while the lowest generation the same day was 3,282mw.

Peak generation for yesterday (Thursday) however dropped to 3,815mw.

After the grid attained 5,074mw on February 2, 2016, series of vandalism of oil and gas pipelines brought down generation to as low as 88mw. The trend fluctuated through March to June with the highest output at an average 2,400mw.

Checks by our reporter recently showed that the grid maintained above 3,000mw for over 20 days in July. The trend continued till Wednesday when power generation crossed to the 4,000mw peak generation. However, it was over 900mw short of the historic 5,000mw attainment of February.

The total operational turbines for generating power reduced from over 90 this year to about 35 in June. The operational units however have increased to 48 last Sunday, a weekly report from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/electricity-grid-rises-to-4-133mw/159510.html

8 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Richkid97(m): 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
We will get there

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by OfficialAwol(m): 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2016

15 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by menxer: 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
As the power output increases so does our bill courtesy of unscrupulous PHCN marketers. My neighborhood in Uyo today (19/8/2016) was shocked to discover that we have been paying our bills into a marketer's account, more like paying estimated bills though you have a meter.

This came to light when PHCN men were on disconnection duty, someone got suspicious of the bill that looked like it was xeroxed with a color copier and Laserjet printed, with the customer care lines incomplete. The fracas got to a point that SARS was called, but left when they heard the full gist.

You are hereby advised to verify your bill with what PHCN has on its data base as there is a cabal of marketers playing middlemen.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by tundexijim(m): 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
Gradually we shall get there..

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by princemillla(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
Good news ...

Tho they will come out soon to inform us that it has drop again. But in the meantime , its a good news

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Chubhie: 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Naija configured my psyche to believe that going a full year of electricity power supply without any form of interuption is rocket science!

It took me a while to get to see that stable electricity is a basic necessity of a 21st century human being and never a luxury as Naija has made us all to believe.

Naija still struggling with less than 5000MW for her over 200 million population and industries is a 21st joke.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Standing5(m): 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
menxer:
As the power output increases so does our bill courtesy of unscrupulous PHCN marketers. My neighborhood in Uyo today (19/8/2016) was shocked to discover that we have been paying our bills into a marketer's account, more like paying estimated bills though you have a meter.

This came to light when PHCN men were on disconnection duty, someone got suspicious of the bill that looked like it was xeroxed with a color copier and Laserjet printed, with the customer care lines incomplete. The fracas got to a point that SARS was called, but left when they heard the full gist.

You are hereby advised to verify your bill with what PHCN has on its data base as there is a cabal of marketers playing middlemen.
I believe you. In my area they formed middlemen with cultist as enforcers and show up regularly to extort transformer fixing money. Fashola shld give us prepaid meter else he should relinquish his Power portfolio and face the flower planting related portfolios he holds.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Standing5(m): 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
Chubhie:
Naija configured my psyche to believe that going a full year of electricity power supply without any form of interuption is rocket science!

It took me a while to get to see that stable electricity is a basic necessity of a 21st century human being and never a luxury as Naija has made us all to believe.

Naija still struggling with less than 5000MW for her over 200 million population and industries is a 21st joke.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Beremx(f): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
....not until i see the effect of the increase in my house. till then, it's all a lie!!

9 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by ConqueredWest: 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
Beremx:
....not until i see the effect of the increase in my house. till then, it's all a lie!!

Firefire onatisi illuminate93 temitemi1 phockphockman tonyebarcanista modath tonyebarcanista Nigerianvenom mizmycoli mizmicoli truckpusher yujin blackseptember Abagworo cyberspace arresa passingshot passingshit dropshot dropshit wailers , zombies , afonjas cattlepeople Efulefus tanoids jonathanians buharists etc pls come and see oooooooooooooo grin

Has Beremx joined wailers or did her enemies hack her account

6 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Femich18(m): 11:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
Yea I'll believe this story because power supply have drastically improve over here especially this month but the bill looks crazy

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by damola311: 11:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
People should stop saying power generation increase, like WTF! This is the norm every raining season, so where's the increase? We only rejoice when there's increase in power supply during raining season, after that it's different stories again.......

8 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by csamii: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
What sort of nonsense increase is that? Power that can only increase on the pages of newspaper but doesn't reflect in the house of the masses?

Abeg carry this media propaganda comot here!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by PhockPhockMan: 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
Beremx:
Good that you're now taking based on reality on ground not on partisan point of view.
Yesterday, I opened this thread with flat battery,

https://www.nairaland.com/3296835/update-electricity-supply-situation-port

as I'm writing this, no light. Unfortunately, generator is no longer an option because of high cost of petrol and diesel.

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by goonsmi: 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Firefire onatisi illuminate93 temitemi1 phockphockman tonyebarcanista modath tonyebarcanista Nigerianvenom mizmycoli mizmicoli truckpusher yujin blackseptember Abagworo cyberspace arresa passingshot passingshit dropshot dropshit wailers , zombies , afonjas cattlepeople Efulefus tanoids jonathanians buharists etc pls come and see oooooooooooooo grin

Has Beremx joined wailers or did her enemies hack her account

At least the Buharist are criticizing him and his government when they feel the need to unlike the tanoids and wailers who will never see anything wrong in PDP , Jonathan and their other tin Gods like dasuki, avengers. Igbos and every other evil things of this world.

Just give it to the Buharist unlike the programmed zombies who think their principals are infallible.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by temitemi1(m): 7:01am On Aug 20, 2016
Welcome to the wailing wailer's family cheesy cheesy
Beremx:

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Consultville(m): 7:47am On Aug 20, 2016
Electricity has improved a bit in my area though

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Turks: 7:48am On Aug 20, 2016
Yep! We don't need improvement; we need stability! How many times must we say this?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Adonis3: 7:48am On Aug 20, 2016
naso

Nice one

#Adonis3HasSpoken
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by joey150(m): 7:49am On Aug 20, 2016
For the first time in a long time i believe this kind of "mega-watt" news.

Electricity supply has improved of late. I hope it is sustainable, i wont mind paying bills in advance if this continues.

6 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by jegz25(m): 7:49am On Aug 20, 2016
We will get there...9ja will overcome all her problems God grace

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by dermmy(m): 7:50am On Aug 20, 2016
Lies everywhere... Nonsense
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Nectarbaba(m): 7:51am On Aug 20, 2016
No wonder they gave us 2 hrs light yesterday since last week friday. Radarada shior. Is this what we should be bragging about after 54 years of independence?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by teacherbim(f): 7:52am On Aug 20, 2016
Electricity has improved in my area,inFact I've started using some of my electronics gadgets that I've abandoned since.Na to go pay abandon Nepa Bill remain

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 20, 2016
I know where it's rising from buh I can't relate to where it's rising to . I have been saying it on all electricity threads, Niger state has 3 hydroelectric dams yet the major towns do not have up to 3hours of electricity.
I can speak categorically for Bida and Minna , sometimes we don't get power for days.
Where is this power generation rising to, biko?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by MrCounselor: 7:52am On Aug 20, 2016
Thank God

Shy of bet shops? You don't have to visit one, just check my signature.
Even, ladies are outperforming with this approach grin

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by ceejay80s(m): 7:52am On Aug 20, 2016
Atleast my ac dey work wella now

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by investnotspend: 7:53am On Aug 20, 2016
Yes I believe this, power has REALLY improved in my area .

Thanks to Fashola I know we will get there

God bless Fashola

God bless PMB

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by xsanctus(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2016
I see
Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Safari29: 7:53am On Aug 20, 2016
Good news

1 Like

Re: Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw by Loonyy(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2016
I never believed it ooooooooooo until I saw with my own eyes, I travelled to warri effurun GRA since yday uptill dis morning light has not blinked! Am still in shock

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari' Post Concerning Her Father's Health Condition(pic) / Saraki Is Back Ooooooo / NBC Act: Regulate All Online Broadcasters Including Twitter – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.