Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday (39577 Views)

100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
dmltoyin:
The truth is Iv never gat hatred for any tribe in Nigeria and I wont
I served in the SS ND Iv gat so much love and respeck for akwa ibomites

Buh let's face the fact
If he had just named the dog buhari (in which I suspect him having an ulterior motive), I wouldn't have bothered
Buh
Writing it on the dogs body means he want every passers-by to know he named his dog buhari
If I name my dog bolt, isn't it strange for me to still inscribe it on its body
It's can spark outrage considering the way Nigeria is and the fact that the man is also from the east. It might not go well wd the notherners
Deriz freedom of speech Buh sometimes it's stylishly abused
Naming the dog buhari might not be a criminal offence Buh the motive might be

The world is so sensitive right now and little tinz can cause large bloodshed

Consider the terrible Orlando shooting
Matin might have carried out his madness because he thinks being gay isn't good( in his own opinion) Buh being gay in the US isn't a crime.

PLEASE NOTE
IT'S STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND I'M NOT SAYING MY OPINION IS RIGHT.

is the guy from the East or S S.. just needs
to know?

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
Adeevah:

U may be right

But, remember it truly can, as the police said, cause public unrest...seriously, the man did that with bad intentions and not has he claimed

Surely, he will be released but the police wud need to calm the situation down first

did you skip the part where it stated he will
be charged to court on Monday?

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by graphiti: 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
drbre:
We can deduce the intricacies of an average ibo man's egocentric nature by analysing the words of Chinua Achebe in his book titled " There was a country".

He described the Igbo, who are predominantly Catholic, as

“fearing no god or man", was “custom-made to grasp the opportunities, such as they were, of the white man’s dispensations. And the Igbo did so with both hands.”

This tells that the igbos are a largely disrespectful people. They have no loyalty to God or man. What happened to "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise." Ps 111:10 .
To have no fear of God is to ignore His Word. To have no fear of man is to incur wrath and hate. Remember that fear in this contest is not timidity but reverence.There's a world of difference in between the two. No wonder a man can dare to name a dog after a sitting president..in Africa! No reverence.

Let's delve further into what Achebe had to say about his kinmen.

He criticised them for what he described as “hubris, overweening pride and thoughtlessness, which invite envy and hatred or even worse that can obsess the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of crude showiness.”
He added that “contemporary Igbo behavior(that) can offend by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness.

Alas, this is all revealing. We shouldn't be further surprised. However, the humanity in all of us should be the victor in this . The Ibo man is innately arrogant. They should learn that nature by law propagates itself by survival of the fittest and until they learn how to strategise effectively in the Nigerian state, the will continue to bear the brunt. Every human is desirous of having the upper hand against his competitor, the one who succeeds is stronger and to be stronger you need a superior way of thinking other than shallow arrogance and pride.

Once more, Achebe's narratives
“Although the Yoruba had a huge historical and geographical head start, the Igbo wiped out their handicap in one fantastic burst of energy in the twenty years between 1930 and 1950.”

What happened thereafter, according to Mr Achebe

“Nigeria’s pathetic attempt to crush these idiosyncrasies rather than celebrate them is one of the fundamental reasons the country has not developed as it should and has emerged as a laughingstock,” he claimed.
He noted that the ousting of prominent Igbos from top offices was a ploy to achieve a simple and crude goal. He said what the Nigerians wanted was to “get the achievers out and replace them with less qualified individuals from the desired ethnic background so as to gain access to the resources of the state.”

This is called SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. Big fish kills smaller fishes.

To the few reasonable ibos ( I know they exist) I say THINK, PLAN, STRATEGISE, then you can change your lot in the Nigerian entity. Refuse to follow the innate pride and shallow pettiness. Think your way to success.

Peace

Wordz on marble!
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by nollez: 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
It's really unfortunate the way people react to issues. I have a friend whose name is buhari and when I asked him his feelings concerning dog being named buhari, he said that many people are answering that name. After all both human beings and animals are living creatures and they can bear any name. So he is of the opinion that one shouldn't take it personal if not, before 2019 millions of Nigerians might have named their pets buhari. So those security people should get ready for more arrest but my great grandmother used to say that if a man should stop at every dog that barks at him will not get home early.

3 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Plus234(m): 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
what is wrong is wrong, lets call a spade a spade, can any of you that support this guy, stand it when your neighbor i mean your face me i face you neighbor bought a dog and give the dog your own name ?
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by awayeyebundle: 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
Stupid police,stupid government,stupid hausa people,.....yeye dey worry all of una...we are in democracy so everybody has equal right....abeg free d man....POlice and their stupid lies....Leave the man to enjoy his life

2 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by ClitRaider: 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
Most pple didnt read the news, it has nothing to do with bubu -the daura cow.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by nollez: 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
On a serious note,the name of my dog is Bush. But till date one Mr. George always call me asking after my dog called Bush. When I asked his reasons of calling all the time, he said that, that name (Bush) will never fade till eternity. He even advised me to tell my friends to name their pets (Bush) and he will ever be grateful.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by petsolo15(m): 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
what of Aisha Halliburton calling Fayose a mad dog nko??
Now I get it! In today's Nigeria, you can name a man after a dog without consequence but you cannot name a dog after a man without consequences!

3 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by jstrollet(m): 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
pazienza:
The guy is supposed to be from Ukwunzu, an Odiani town with ancestral claim to Owo in Ondo, and even a native all most extinct Yoruba dialect to show for it.

Yet notice how the Yorubas who before now had been telling us about they long lost brothers in the heart of Igboland( Aniocha) are denying him and happily labeling him as Igbo, look how all those who constantly shout that Igboland starts and ends in SE are now telling us that a man from Delta state is an Igbo man.

Look how fellow Igbos here are not denying Chinakwe and are instead defending him and getting backlash for it, simply because they( Ndiigbo) see Chinakwe as one of us, look at how the entire Nigeria had suddenly branded Chinakwe Igbo, and how all Igbo groups out there are out to defend him.

Then again, look at how Chinakwe is out to lick the ass of Buhari to save his own ass.

In the end, this is how this issue will end:

1, Chinakwe denies being Igbo

2, Igbophobic elements in his Anioma( mainly Ika and Ukwuani) will support him.

3, Igbos having sticked out our necks for Chinakwe will bear the blunt of all physical and verbal attacks resulting from Chinakwe actions

4, Chinakwe and his people remains non Igbo while Ndiigbo bears the full blunt of his actions as his actions will lead to a cascade of actions and actions that will affect Ndiigbo mainly.

5. Chinakwe and his people will join other Nigerians to verbally attack and vilify Ndiigbo, just to prove to them how non Igbo they are.

When are Ndiigbo going to learn.

How do I like this ur comment again & again & again?
You've just hit out what's on my mind bro

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by nortcentrallord(m): 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
RZArecta:
.....the complainant and his sympathisers had threatened to kill the suspect.....

So a foreigner (Niger republic) threatens to kill a Nigerian citizen yet the Nigerian is arrested instead ? Intrepid. Just the type of blatant rights Libyan herdsmen have over Nigerian farmers where even govt troops provide them with protection smiley

For any idíot who would quote me stúpidly, the mans "offense" is too minor for this nonsense. It's even less than two fighting wahala and could have been sorted out at police station. No judge would be happy to handle this case when his/her docket is filled with more important urgent cases. The Nigerien should rather be arrested for threat to life as attested to by the police authorities themselves

You took it right from my mouth. Its obvious Libyans now rule Nigeria. They dictate how everything goes. A Libyan threatening a Nigerians life within the the Nigerian territory and the stupid NPF arrests the Nigerian to keep him save? What a shame! Sometimes I am ashamed to tell people am a Nigerian but it's a burden we are all saddled with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
drbre:

Trading words with you is a complete waste of time. If u have half a brain, u would have done some background check to clear your doubts.

All you readily resort to is name calling and hurling abuses. That's the trademark of your illsilks. Not surprised.
It's ilks not ills! Did you even attend a school or you just copied and pasted someone's words??
You won't trade insults but you just did! Keep on contradicting yourself as if you are better in anyway! Olodo Rabata tongue
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by nollez: 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Is it only one person that is answering buhari in the whole world. Pls anybody answering buhari here in Nigeria should please go to court of appeal in Abuja and get court injunction,then take the guy to supreme court for judgement. I am sure he will be sentenced to seven days stay at Sheraton hotel in kuje
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Ups01(m): 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
SMH

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by buckyfof(m): 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
Alexgeneration:
Pls educate me,how does naming a dog Jack,Thompson,Ojukwu,Gowon instigate public violence? If it does,that means the people involved are sentimental,myopic,uneducated and uncivilised.

if you can't figure out why this would instigate violence in nigeria, with everything hapnin around.....then there's no point in replying you again
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by ndcide(m): 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
back2sender:
The ibo man was courting trouble. He named his dog buhari then also Use Paint to write buhari on both sides of his dog body. Is this not trouble? Where have you see people writing thier dogs name on thier bodi? This man even wrote it on both sides of the dog!
You see why we say alaibo Peoples no get sense. Its better the man go for it than for numerous innocent ibo if it had degenerated into an ethnic crisis.
Peace to SouthWest people for not allowing this generate into a crisis on our land

I know you enjoyed those mock coffin built with GEJ 'S pictures and name written on it abi?

2 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by madenigga(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ganjafama:
Later you will start counting the Niger Delta States as part of biafra. Hypocrites!
And u wud start shouting igbo land starts nd ends in the 5se state.... u re d bigger hypocrite.
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by madenigga(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
jstrollet:

How do I like this ur comment again & again & again?
You've just hit out what's on my mind bro
Thats whats wrong with sm of dz ipob people they just talk without reasoning.
This Delta igbos hv this animosity towards igbos for reasons we dont know, most of our problems started with them.
From 1966 coup to other things.
The guy gives his dog buhari y?
Is Buhari a southern name?
What does it mean?
If the problem starts we wud direct d north to delta state let them go and fight with dem let them leave us out of der wahala we no send dem.
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by DedeNkem: 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
Is it prohibited under the law to name a dog Buhari?
What is wrong with these imb*eciles?

2 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by yjgm(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
ndcide:

We all know you are a clown.

How does giving a dog a name amount to causing ethno religious crisis. That's too shallow

That you feel people should/will be killed because of a name of a dog, shows the kind of persons we live with in this country. How primitive can your northern brethren be to kill because of the name of a dog. It's so unfortunate. Yet you all will want to mystify boko haram and blame GEJ for not killing you all to stop boko haram.

The same North were a president was stoned. If Buhari is stoned in the south, even with how disastrous his administration is, will you be happy with that?

The more reason I don't query those who advocate separation. I still don't know how naming a dog buhari will result to people protecting their religion by killing. We know it will make sense to you.

Mention one place/incident in which GEJ was stoned. His campaign trail was pelted with water and we later learnt it was the PDP themselves that did that to protest.
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by rigarmortis: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
fiizznation:
I don't just know why some people are professional mischief makers. Why name your pet after someone's father? The easterners have to really get their priorities right. Losing election is not the end of the world. People have moved on, the easterners should learn to move on too. We all know why the lunatic named his pet 'buhari'. Of course he did that just to spark some ethno-religious crisis. And I ask, what will the fool achieve if people are killed because of trivial issues like this?

Everyday drug peddlers{majority of them are from the east}are arrested and prosecuted in various nations around the world. And till date I'm yet to hear anybody from that part of the country addressing such calamity or enlightening his people about the dangers of carrying hard-drugs to other folks nations. People will just focus all their energies on irrelevant things. Now I still ask again, what did the lunatic intend to achieve with this foolishness?

I also heard one other lunatic{residing in USA} have named her pet 'lia Mohammed' and some very sick people were applauding her foolishness. We all know how fragile Nigeria is and how some people tend to protect their religion and what not. What will people achieve by creating unnecessary crisis here and there? People are quick to accuse the northerners of being too prone to violence without accusing or calling out the instigators. Now every sane mind knows that some people will find naming a pet after buhari provocative and the sooner the authorities deal with that lowlifer the better for everyone. In USA people name their pets Lincoln, Washington, Obama etc and everybody flows with it. A neighbor of mine even named her female chihuahua 'Hillary'. But hey, Nigeria is not USA. We are a fragile nation with intolerant people. May God help us

so there are now igbos in the south south abi?

when its convinient for you to malign you agree, other times its attach by force

2 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by billyG(m): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
ndcide:

We all know you are a clown.

How does giving a dog a name amount to causing ethno religious crisis. That's too shallow

That you feel people should/will be killed because of a name of a dog, shows the kind of persons we live with in this country. How primitive can your northern brethren be to kill because of the name of a dog. It's so unfortunate. Yet you all will want to mystify boko haram and blame GEJ for not killing you all to stop boko haram.

The same North were a president was stoned. If Buhari is stoned in the south, even with how disastrous his administration is, will you be happy with that?

The more reason I don't query those who advocate separation. I still don't know how naming a dog buhari will result to people protecting their religion by killing. We know it will make sense to you.

d best way 4 u to commit suicide is to go to kano & name yur dog muhammed.or go to Nnewi & named yur dog Ojukwu or go to Aba & namee yur dog Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by ndcide(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
yjgm:

Mention one place/incident in which GEJ was stoned. His campaign trail was pelted with water and we later learnt it was the PDP themselves that did that to protest.

http://thenationonlineng.net/jonathans-convoy-stoned-bauchi/

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by funkyibodude(m): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
fiizznation:
I don't just know why some people are professional mischief makers. Why name your pet after someone's father? The easterners have to really get their priorities right. Losing election is not the end of the world. People have moved on, the easterners should learn to move on too. We all know why the lunatic named his pet 'buhari'. Of course he did that just to spark some ethno-religious crisis. And I ask, what will the fool achieve if people are killed because of trivial issues like this?

Everyday drug peddlers{majority of them are from the east}are arrested and prosecuted in various nations around the world. And till date I'm yet to hear anybody from that part of the country addressing such calamity or enlightening his people about the dangers of carrying hard-drugs to other folks nations. People will just focus all their energies on irrelevant things. Now I still ask again, what did the lunatic intend to achieve with this foolishness?

I also heard one other lunatic{residing in USA} have named her pet 'lia Mohammed' and some very sick people were applauding her foolishness. We all know how fragile Nigeria is and how some people tend to protect their religion and what not. What will people achieve by creating unnecessary crisis here and there? People are quick to accuse the northerners of being too prone to violence without accusing or calling out the instigators. Now every sane mind knows that some people will find naming a pet after buhari provocative and the sooner the authorities deal with that lowlifer the better for everyone. In USA people name their pets Lincoln, Washington, Obama etc and everybody flows with it. A neighbor of mine even named her female chihuahua 'Hillary'. But hey, Nigeria is not USA. We are a fragile nation with intolerant people. May God help us
what has losing elections gotta do with the east? Why's it that when anything happens to an Igbo person y'all are quick to throw your sentiments towards Igbo and Gej. Naming a dog whatever he likes is not a crime, the crime there is if he used that dog to constitute public nuisance, and that is using his dog to harass people especially the so called niger man. But did he do so? No, so get your facts straight before commenting

2 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by billyG(m): 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
hardbody:

It's perfectly ok to take someone in and keep him in protective custody, however when you now charge him for breach of public peace then the genuiness of the arrest becomes doubtful.

I am getting a puppy and i will name it goodluckbuhari so i will see who is charging me to court, idiats of the highest order.
why not name him after yur father,he will b very pls.
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by penukz2015(m): 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
[b][/b]A foolish name you will die someday and leave.. What is your name? The next blood sucking mosquito will bear your name.
#shame

Plus234:
what is wrong is wrong, lets call a spade a spade, can any of you that support this guy, stand it when your neighbor i mean your face me i face you neighbor bought a dog and give the dog your own name ?
Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
Plus234:

Craze dey worry u.... who told u d guy who reported him was named Buhari? the guy who even reported him was a Nigerien and not a NIGERIAN!!!! How by beloved country,u are getting useless everyday... how can a foreigner come to my country and arrest me with some dump police men? A foreigner wey no even get paper to stay legally in this country? oh Naija na u be this?!!!

3 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by mikoy1(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ibos open your eyes wella, u guys don't have a say again in Nigeria u have been seriously marginalized, if a Nigerien could be threatening to kill a citizen of a country a free born of a country a legitimate citizen in his own country without the police arresting the person and his group shows serious slap on Nigerians, I have neva seen a country like Nigeria, Ibos open ur eyes. so what happens to our freedom of expression. the arrest is illegal and uncalled for, it's a slap on us all, the police and it cohorts have raped democracy.

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by mikoy1(m): 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
antonreal:

Craze dey worry u.... who told u d guy who reported him was named Buhari? the guy who even reported him was a Nigerien and not a NIGERIAN!!!! How by beloved country,u are getting useless everyday... how can a foreigner come to my country and arrest me with some dump police men? A foreigner wey no even get paper to stay legally in this country? oh Naija na u be this?!!!

my brother it's a serious slap on us all, can we even do such in their own country?

2 Likes

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by yeyeboi(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
ruffp:

My brother, I jus taya for this country. U arrest someone just to "protect" him? Na wa!!!

Abego are they also charging him to court to protect him? cheesy grin. Nigeria I hail dee

1 Like

Re: Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday by wexyee: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
edlion57:
OUR DEMOCRACY IS GONE....so our president is the owner of the name buhari ...so nobody else should use DAT name...I wonder how Dis four years will b like
point of correction eight years

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Siberian Husky Gave Birth To 3 Pups. / The Chick That Refused To Go Away Is Now A Mother Hen / Please What Breed Is This Dog???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.