Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Hard To Sleep! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hard To Sleep! (855 Views)

Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To / Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hard To Sleep! by Littlefinger: 8:58am On Aug 20, 2016
I have been finding it difficult to sleep for the past few months.If I eventually sleep, it is usually short and I feel tired unable to go back to sleep afterwards.What can I do to improve my sleep?
Re: Hard To Sleep! by newsphase(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2016
Sometimes I feel like that..

here is how I get about mine..

I create a sleep schedule... I bathe at 10:15pm (the bathing really helps) I normally sleep around 11pm, 11:15pm if I am busy, but I never get past 11:30pm before going to bed... by continuously keeping to this schedule I wake up comfortable...

Now here are tips from Mayoclinic which I like to share since it also works

1. Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Don't go to bed either hungry or stuffed.
2. Get comfortable..... Create a room that's ideal for sleeping. Often, this means cool, dark and quiet.
3. Limit daytime naps.... Long daytime naps can interfere with nighttime sleep
4. Go to Sleep When You’re Truly Tired....... Struggling to fall sleep just leads to frustration. If you’re not asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed, go to another room, and do something relaxing, like reading or listening to music until you are tired enough to sleep.

Now if you think all that is not working... you can do this

You simply breathe in through your nose for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, and exhale through your mouth for eight seconds.

When you feel stressed or anxious, adrenaline courses through your veins, your heart beats at a rapid rate, and your breathing becomes quick and shallow…. [The] effect of the breathing technique feels almost like a sedative drug, because in order to hold your breath for seven seconds and then to exhale for eight—when your breath is so shallow and short—your body is forced to slow your heart rate. It has no choice. Holding your breath, and then slowly, deliberately exhaling for eight seconds, causes a chain reaction. It feels like going from a mad-dash sprint to a finish line to a slow, leisurely, calming stroll through the park.

When you’re stressed out or anxious, like when you’re unable to fall asleep, you’re probably under-breathing. By extending your inhale you force your lungs to take in more oxygen, then by holding the breath you allow that air to flow through your bloodstream. The 4-7-8 breathing exercise slows your heart rate, bringing in more oxygen to your body, which in turn calms your heart and your central nervous system, and thereby your mind.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: Hard To Sleep! by toaspromo(m): 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
reduce ur caffeine intakes lower i ur fatty intakes avoid stress
Re: Hard To Sleep! by Littlefinger: 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
toaspromo:
reduce ur caffeine intakes lower i ur fatty intakes avoid stress
I don't take stimulants.
Re: Hard To Sleep! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
The second poster has said most of what I would have wanted to say. If after all that., your insomnia is still persistent , you may require sleep pills

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have A Special Needs Child? It's Time To Go To School! / How To Be Safe From Fruits Ripened With Calcium Carbide / Intermittent Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.