Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep (52487 Views)

25 Shockingly Rare, Strange Body Features That Are Hard To Find (Photos) / If Your Body Suddenly Jerks While Falling Asleep, THIS Is What It Means! / 6 Tips To Help You Fall Asleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by FitnessDoctor: 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

I once wrote an article about falling asleep fast and the first commenter claimed that all my tips only work on oyinbo people (Americans), well I have tried my possible best to bring this one up to the level of Africans hoping it passes the message clearly...

If you are finding it hard to sleep, you should understand that the more nights you sleep poorly, the harder it will be to fall asleep in the next night.

So, the faster we deal with the problem the better for you.

Here I am going to list 3 remedies you must follow if you want to fall asleep very fast.

1. Identify the actual problems

You might look on now and it seems that the problem might just you feel so uncomfortable on the bed.

No wonder you can't fall asleep.

Actually, the true problems started some time ago, it might be weeks, days or even months ago and now it has escalated into insomnia.

I want you to look back and check what you started doing as this will help you understand how to retrace your steps.

For example, I started finding it hard to sleep when I subscribed to MTN's Midnight browsing plan, which allows you to browse unlimited from 12am to 4am for a mere #25 (cheap right).

Well, the cheap subscription killed my sleep quality and in 3 months, I was a walking zombie.

I initially thought it was because of the midnight shows I normally watch on tv, but it was all MTN's fault (my fault actually).

With this, I was able to understand how much sleep I have lost and how much I need to gain back for everything to return to normal.

2. Don't prolong it

If you still find it hard to fall asleep after doing what I said in No. 1, then this No. 2 tip is for you.

Whenever you find yourself staring at the ceiling or tossing in the bed don't force yourself to sleep and don't get up and start chatting or working on your laptop either. That will just prolong your night and if you eventually fall asleep, it would be one of your worst nights and worse of all, it will happen the next night and the next and the next.

Instead try to do something soothing, something that will calm your never.

You can take a bath (which you were supposed to do before going to bed)
Read a book
Listen to smooth, calm music

All these sound like what you do to a child to make him/her fall asleep and yes it does work for adults.

3. Watch what you do before bedtime

Sometimes when I find it hard to fall asleep, it's due to the thoughts in my head. The war between the transformers, the horror movie I just watched, or the naughty chat I just had with that girl from my class, or the numbers, statistics, demographics, and algorithms on my working sheet I just finished or postponed.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

All these sure kept me awake and they will do the same to you. If you want to fall asleep faster, stop doing any serious work 30 minutes before bedtime (when I say bedtime, it applies to those who created a sleep schedule).

You can start doing things like I stated in No. 2 to help calm you down prepare you for sleep.

Remember, all these things can only work if you take your sleep seriously, just like the way you take your passwords and pins.

Leave a comment

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/3-things-hard-fall-asleep.html

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by kingxsamz(m): 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
if I find it hard to sleep at night... I just listen to the Radio

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by tosyne2much(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
Nice one bro

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
I watch a movie I've watched several times or read a novel.I fall asleep faster doing these.It works for many people too.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by BlackDBagba: 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
Jerk off undecided

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by kingxsamz(m): 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2017
BlackDBagba:
Jerk off undecided
nawa for u o... Vaseline crew

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin

I just pray or read my bible and most times i find myself dozing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by FitnessDoctor: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
CEEcey:
grin

I just pray or read my bible and most times i find myself dozing

Hahaha, its kind of crazy you know.. I remember when I was younger, I always fell asleep during midnight prayers, but when it comes to watching tv or chatting online, trust me, my eyes will be open 24/7... No shaking....

But you know African parents, they said it was the work of the devil to hinder my spiritual life...

Although I knew it was never right dozing off while reading the bible or praying..

cc: lalasticlala

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Chibuhealth(f): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
long story. just pick up your bible and start reading or start praying. Devil won't let you read or pray at all

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by FitnessDoctor: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2017
Chibuhealth:
long story. just pick up your bible and start reading or start praying. Devil won't let you read or pray at all

Hahaha, that's actually tip No.2.... so how is it a long story.. dear?
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by ashjay001(m): 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Hahaha, that's actually tip No.2.... so how is it a long story.. dear?
Read recently, that u stay still for 15mins, u will definitely fall asleep.
Tried it severally, n it actually worked.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by FitnessDoctor: 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
ashjay001:

Read recently, that u stay still for 15mins, u will definitely fall asleep.

Tried it severally, n it actually worked.

That's great, but it might be hard for some people to stay still, especially me since I have a lot going on in my head, responsibilities and all...

I think I will write about this on my blog... thanks anyway
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Kimcutie: 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
Nice write-up
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by FitnessDoctor: 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Kimcutie:
Nice write-up

Thank you, Kim

Hope you can join my blog everyday... I have at least one post for you everyday...
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Kimcutie: 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Thank you, Kim

Hope you can join my blog everyday... I have at least one post for you everyday...
i hv checked the blog, is nice though.
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Umartins1(m): 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2017
Long thing.. ..

Just smoke weed!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Dottore: 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
Overnight browsing

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Felixalex(m): 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2017
kingxsamz:

nawa for u o...
Vaseline crew

Nawa for u, holy holy

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by edeXede: 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2017
embarassed

1) Masturbate

2)Masturbate

3)Masturbate again

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by amclimax(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
If you cant sleep at night thats nature telling you, to start yahoo!
or
yu be witch
or
yu be thief
or
arrange yur expo for exam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Skanas(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
Who geh dat time... If ah find it hard to sleep...ah smoke a joint till sleep begs to come... gringrin
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by bolinjkezzy(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
Chibuhealth:
Since when does sleeping turn devilish
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by Deffymanu: 10:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
Insomnia isn't that bad
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by nduboss(m): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
wink
Re: 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep by burkingx(f): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed

1) Masturbate

2)Masturbate

3)Masturbate again

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Patients Having Fun With Drum At Isolation Center / Picture Of Billboard Sighted In Onitsha / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide After ‘False’ Phone Theft Accusation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.