Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,807 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... (65557 Views)

Isaac Adewole To JOHESU: Resume Or Be Declared As Having Absconded From Duty / RSS Officers Rush Woman In Labour To Hospital In Ketu (photos) / The Escapades Of Doctors On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by xmileeasy: 12:16am On Aug 22, 2016
Untainted007:

Your moniker is not only xmileasy. Its put it in his head easily. I like how u summarised it for him jare; I dnt knw why people will not read a write up and yet ended up commenting contrary to it. If you can't read it no need assuming wot might av been written or even comment at all. If u didn't comment, will u die?

Sincerely it is not mandatory for some individuals to comment
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by odimbannamdi(m): 12:19am On Aug 22, 2016
rexericx:
https://www.nairaland.com/3300175/when-dont-spend-2mins-before#up

Spend extra 2 mins in bed to avoid such experience
I hope dis will be seen by all. So people can learn from my experience

Thank u for digging out this my fellow nairalander-:

Pls note this as very important for all shared by a doctor. - for those who get up at night from sleep to urinate or early morning : Each individual must take note of the 3 x 1/2 minutes. Why is it important? 3 x 1/2 minutes will greatly reduce the number of sudden deaths. Often this occurs, a person who still look healthy, has died in the night. Often we hear stories of people, yesterday I was chatting with him, why did he suddenly die? The reason is that when you wake up at night to go to the bathroom is often done in a rush. Immediately we stand, the brain lacks blood flow. Why "3 x 1/2 minute" very important? In the middle of the night when you are awakened by the urge to urinate for example, ECG pattern can change. Because getting up suddenly, the brain will be anaemic and causes heart failure due to lack of blood. Advised to practice "3 1/2 minutes," which are:
1. When waking from sleep, lie in bed for the 1st 1/2 minute;
2. Sit in bed for the next 1/2 minute;
3. Lower your legs, sitting on the edge of the bed for the last half-minute. After 3 x 1/2 minutes, you will not have anaemic brain and heart will not fail, reducing the possibility of a fall and sudden death.
Share with family, friends & loved ones. It can occur regardless of age; young or old.
Sharing is Caring. If you already know, regard this as refresher."

@lalasticlala @mynd44

Your post was very enlightening.
But it seems very unrealistic.
Haven't u woken up with that urgency that makes feel a stabbing pain at your kidney region? The only thing you wanna do is to zoom off to the toilet.

The thing is, as long as we aint suffering from urine incontinence, our bladder sends signals to the brain that it is filled with urine that needs to be evacuated. Our brain then alerts us to wake up and do the needful

it's not like the brain goes on leave while we sleep. in fact, myths have it that the brain works most while we are asleep, hence our ability to dream

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by rexericx(m): 12:23am On Aug 22, 2016
Well I am not a doctor
Well this is just from my experience n other people's own.
Everyone is entitled to his opinion, n wat u think it's rite.
It's just an advice,its a choice

odimbannamdi:

Your post was very enlightening.
But it seems very unrealistic.
Haven't u woken up with that urgency that makes feel a stabbing pain at your kidney region? The only thing you wanna do is to zoom off to the toilet.

The thing is, when we are not suffering from urine incontinence, our bladder sends signals to the brain that it is filled with urine that needs to be evacuated. Our brain then alerts us to wake up and do the needful

it's not like the brain goes on leave while we sleep. in fact, myths have it that the brain works most while we are asleep, hence our ability to dream
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by greggng: 12:26am On Aug 22, 2016
Wherever you live try to identify with the community so that you can get info about latest events around you ie ORO. Is not a good thing to come in contact with those evil men. I once heard that a certain man whose wife was in labor, decided to rush her to the hospital but on their way they met this evil men. Both of them were killed.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by shurlermoz(m): 12:43am On Aug 22, 2016
I suggest you do a thorough medical check up because it might be a condition called hypotension. I have experienced this twice before, first one wasn't fatal cos I fell against the bathroom door but the second time I fell on the bare floor. one of my teeth ripped through my lower lip and broke in there, my whole face was swollen.
just do a thorough medical check and adhere to all warnings, God be with us all.

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by SonofHim: 1:59am On Aug 22, 2016
casttlebarbz:

777 esocs

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by SonofHim: 2:34am On Aug 22, 2016
KINGwax007:
angry una din start again abi?

Drink water, don't drink again...

Drink urine, no drink again, e dey cut intestine...

Drink cold water, cold water no good again...

Spend two minutes in bed, no spend two, spend five..

When u hear gun shots for night, abi fire dey knock ur door, wake up close eye on top bed dey count time with ur yeye theory! angry angry

No be yeye theory.

Explanation:

When you rise up from a sleeping position the blood flow to the brain go reduce due to the effect of gravity (pushing your blood to the lower part of your body). Within seconds the brain go signal the your circulatory system to redistribute blood so that the brain go get enough blood flow and oxygen to function well that is why most times we no dey feel the effect (dizziness or fainting spells when we get up from sleep). This is known as autoregulation.

However for some people like elderly pepole, those on antihypertensive drugs or certain other medication, low blood (anaemia), women wey get belle, dehydration... this autoregulation fit no function well so e fit cause reduced blood flow (and oxygen) to the brain and sudden, transient fainting on rising up quickly from lying position.

Really it doesn't have to be 3 1/2 minutes ... 30sec to 1 minute may be OK especially for elderly peoples on antihypertensive drug. This precaution alone can be the thin line between life or a long term disability and death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by saintbeckie(f): 2:37am On Aug 22, 2016
AyamConfidence:
I have a dream... that one day this world will be a safe place...that we wouldn't have to rush anyone out for treatment in the middle of the night... that nobody will be sick... that we wouldn't have to fear unwanted elements.... that time is what we keep praying for... "THY KINGDOM COME"

*kudos to the custom officials.... I'm proud of them
Amen!Amen!!Amen!!! Its the third day and the church is at the verge of entering into the kingdom age,when this present heaven and earth would have passed away and the kingdom of our Lord Jesus will be fully established.Then,there will be no need for doctors cos there will be no sickness or death,everything will be restored to its original form. Let thy Kingdom come oh Lord

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by LexzyBillz(m): 3:31am On Aug 22, 2016
siraj1402:
Thank God for your life.

Meanwhile we really need to learn.

Lesson For. All
Ade met his friend Jojo 2 years after school
and he was driving a sleek Mercedes Benz. He
went home weeping and feeling awful for
himself. What Ade didn't know was that Jojo
had been sent to run errands with the car.
Evelyn nagged her husband always for not
being romantic by not getting down to open
the car door for her as Rose's husband did
when he dropped her at work. Evelyn didn't
know that Rose's husband car was faulty and
the door could only be opened from outside.
Life does not have a universal measuring tool
so create yours and use it. Looking at people
and comparing yourself with them will not
make you better. Be content with what Allah has
given you..

Very cool. Please can I share this on Facebook?
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by persius555(m): 4:44am On Aug 22, 2016
The uniform men are the only hope and bond holding this country together. We made them what they are. They are a product of our demented society. Once we get it right a country, we would have uniform men with a sense of national pride and outright devotion to their motherland.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Metroman7: 4:52am On Aug 22, 2016
slawali:
According to the slide the uniform men are hausa/fulani helping the other nigerian,pls let's come together and lift this great co3 up again. Can we come together and fight corrupt leaders .we can chase them away if we are unite.

How did you know their tribe....just asking
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by debuscket(m): 5:40am On Aug 22, 2016
That hospital must be OOUTH sagamu, the king (Akarigbo) is dead and the palace (ita oba) is in front of the hospital hence the main gate is permanently locked while the 2nd gate at isale oko which hitherto was unusable is now open. I live in sagamu hence I know how it is

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Reference(m): 5:57am On Aug 22, 2016
angry Na dis scratch you take dey disturb oga officer on duty. You know how many AK don pass go Sambisa lanlord dem when una dey dance masquerade. Chai. Abeg go see doctor for dat stand and fall. If no be tombo, e no normal oh.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by glossy6(f): 6:17am On Aug 22, 2016
Ijanikin and Oro! Sorry Henry but your lips come resemble a bashed t.o.t.o

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by sulakishop(m): 6:31am On Aug 22, 2016
Thanks for this, Pls can I copy?

siraj1402:
Thank God for your life.

Meanwhile we really need to learn.

Lesson For. All
Ade met his friend Jojo 2 years after school
and he was driving a sleek Mercedes Benz. He
went home weeping and feeling awful for
himself. What Ade didn't know was that Jojo
had been sent to run errands with the car.
Evelyn nagged her husband always for not
being romantic by not getting down to open
the car door for her as Rose's husband did
when he dropped her at work. Evelyn didn't
know that Rose's husband car was faulty and
the door could only be opened from outside.
Life does not have a universal measuring tool
so create yours and use it. Looking at people
and comparing yourself with them will not
make you better. Be content with what Allah has
given you..
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by chrisxxx(m): 6:36am On Aug 22, 2016
Not just uniform men, Nigerians are generally pathetic people even robbers. Just use the right words and see a typical Nigerian melt before you.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by lordkhalifa(m): 6:53am On Aug 22, 2016
shift joor all of them nah the same thing, if u no pay to day u go pay tomorrow..... but make I ask oooo... u said yellow-bars peeps was doing what festival with bare butt in the middle of ungodly hour dis guys from west and juju is like 5/6
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Otunagum(m): 7:15am On Aug 22, 2016
And to imagine that some cone heads living under brown roof attempted to use the lady in distress for their Oro rituals. Backward, animalistic cone heads! undecided
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by bejeria101(m): 7:15am On Aug 22, 2016
The customs are nt police dat collect money get your facts right and stop joining issues.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Hotdiamond(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2016
KINGwax007:
angry una din start again abi?

Drink water, don't drink again...

Drink urine, no drink again, e dey cut intestine...

Drink cold water, cold water no good again...

Spend two minutes in bed, no spend two, spend five..

When u hear gun shots for night, abi fire dey knock ur door, wake up close eye on top bed dey count time with ur yeye theory! angry angry
Thus happened to me once. Woke up to take a leak in the middle of the night. Before I knew what was going on. I'm on the floor passed out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Mrjosaphat: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2016
WHAT IS DISTURBING ABOUT THIS PICS NA?
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by luluosas(m): 8:26am On Aug 22, 2016
Thank God his life was saved.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Sayelabola(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2016
Babzilla:
The Lord works in mysterious ways
Like the time I was in Kano and I witnessed an accident
A car knocked down a motorcycle with a woman on it
almost immediately an ambulance arrived at the scene complete with a stretcher and staff and they hurriedly took the woman and the motorcyclist to the hospital
No questions asked nothing just picked them to safety

the whole time me and my friend our faces was like

I guess you were not careful enough to look around to see if a cameraman crew was there....a movie script could have been acted..you know.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by rexericx(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2016
I will pass this to my employer
#smiles

micgray100:
It is well... Try do your business doing day time.. Avoid late night and too early morning rush deals... My advice...
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Toosure70: 9:19am On Aug 22, 2016
All paramilitary are good except those one that called their selves your friend.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2016
Sayelabola:

I guess you were not careful enough to look around to see if a cameraman crew was there....a movie script could have been acted..you know.

Hahahahahaha
Now you say it maybe I should have
Boy I love they way U think
thanks for the laughs man

1 Like

Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Syphonn(m): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
Addiction is one disorder of the brain that many people don’t know of, it is difficult to control but with some steps like the one on WAYS TO QUIT GAMBLING, addicted persons can go back to their normal senses.

Read on http://www.busygisting.com/ways-to-quit-gambling/
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by Nobody: 5:39am On May 31, 2019
Highly graceful.
Re: If Not For The Nigerian Custom Officers On Night Duty... by rexericx(m): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Health Benefits Of Garlic / Reasons Why Girls Breast Shouldn't Be Sucked . / Weak Erection: What My Uncle Told Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.