Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern (17124 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) / DELETE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by udubaba(m): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
Am seriously amazed at the response of fellow Narragansett in this forum on this particular topic of heaven itches that quite a lot of people here are may be atheist because even the Moslems believe there is heaven and hail like wise every Christian for people to contradict this two major religious believe shows that sosomething is wrong somewhere.
Youths of this country you have a duty to embrace God and believe what his word says and for those that even claim there is no God I wonder where that perception.Is coming from.because eleven.in.African traditional religion they still believe that there is a superior power somewhere.
Give your life to Christ, believe his words, obey Him and watch your life turnaround for good.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by whao: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
Areaboy2:
Don't waste your time chasing heaven. Think of how you can utilise the little time you have on earth for good..
I want you to know that HEAVEN is not for everybody but it's up to you for a choice.

The priorities of an earthly citizen are earthly, concerned with only the temporary things of this world, but the priorities of a heavenly citizen should be heavenly, concerned primarily with things of eternal value. In Colossians 3:1, Paul says to the Colossian believers, “Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.” In the first verse, he gives the foundation for the rest of his teachings in the chapter. The believer’s new heavenly position in Christ should have radical effects.

When we accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior, we were unified with him in such a way that everything that happened to Christ, happened to us. We died with him on the cross, removing the penalty of sin and breaking the power of sin (v. 3). When Christ returns we will come with him in glorified bodies (v. 4). As believers, we were raised with Christ and seated in the heavenly realms (cf. Col. 3:1; Eph. 1:3). We are now heavenly citizens.

This new heavenly position in Christ should affect how we live. We should think on heavenly things instead of earthly things (v. 1). We should take off the clothes of sin and put on the clothes of righteousness such as patience, forgiveness, compassion, humility, and love (cf. Col. 3:4–14). People should be able to identify us as citizens of heaven because of the clothes we wear, the attitudes we display. Our position in Christ should affect everything.

In Colossians 3:15–17, Paul concludes his discussion about the clothes of a heavenly citizen by looking at the priorities of the heavenly citizen. A priority is one’s focus, what we give a great deal of our time and attention to. We can tell these are priorities of the heavenly citizen because he spends more time on these clothes than the previous ones.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
johnstin:

There is definitely afterlife.
The very sad thing is that it will be too late for some people when they realize this.
There is heaven and there is hell.
You will only make heaven if you have been forgiven and cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ and live a holy life till the rapture occurs or breathe your last.
Else, the destination is hell.

Now, the time is short. There is no time to argue anymore. I will advice all sinners to repent and give their lives to Jesus Christ.

Very soon, sinners will watch and read the news of the rapture on tvs worldwide. By that time it will be too late.

You have a choice to make before the rapture occurs or breathe your last.

May the Lord help you to make the right choice.

thank bro. I have made my choice already and the right one for that matter. As you can see, I purposely ignore arguments so that I will have enough time for my studies.

My hobbie is reading but come here sometimes to help people find the true path I have found. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Aadetola1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2016
Smh! So many people will sink in hell!
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by malvisguy212: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
Immorttal:
our existence is universe's way of experiencing itself. The Universe is made up of concious and unconcious things.Concious is awareness e.g.Humans,animals,other beings existing in other different realms that we can not see nor interact physically with but we are all connected by ENERGY which is the most straightforward definition of what the universe represents.Unconcious e.g tress,rainfall,stone,asteriods,planets etc. So in essence we are all one acting in different scope,thats knowledge.you are not different from the rain or the sand of the earth,we are all one universe. The universe is eternal,energy can never be destroyed nor diminish.Am existing because am a part of concious universe.
in other word the universe is your God. The universe created itself. You say, we All connected to Energy, now the question still remain, Who created this energy ? Note that The law of thermodynamics imply you cannot create energy.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Donovela(m): 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
Virginsince1997:
Enlighting you, Over 4000+ religion but only yours is is right, I rest my case, I won't contend with your dumbassery
Not everyone has foolishness to exhibit..Have a blessed sunday
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Donovela(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
SirWere:

..so what will you be doing in heaven then?? Singing praises to the creator; forever and ever.

I think this will get boring after; say, 65 million years don't you
Have a blessed sunday
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by raphieMontella: 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
malvisguy212:
in other word the universe is your God. The universe created itself. You say, we All connected to Energy, now the question still remain, Who created this energy ? Note that The law of thermodynamics imply you cannot create energy.
in the quantum world..
Energy can pop up into existence and pop out...
The quantum world violates classical physics like taking milk from a baby

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Donovela(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

sparse population?
What do u mean?
Is he no longer all powerful?
Why cant he create more diverse humans?
I need not remind u that ur god killed a man in the bible because he refused to impregnate his brothers wife..

U are saying another persons concept of heaven is rubbish because of the sexual nature it carries bt u forgot ur very own god has his own bizzare sexual preferences

wake up man...religion is a trance
Have a blessed Sunday
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by malvisguy212: 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

in the quantum world..
Energy can pop up into existence and pop out...
The quantum world violates classical physics like taking milk from a baby
can you explain how energy can pop into existence ?
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by raphieMontella: 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
Donovela:
Have a blessed Sunday
give ur money to the poor rather than dashing ur pastor...

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by raphieMontella: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
malvisguy212:
can you explain how energy can pop into existence ?
the uncertainty principle is there na...
Quantum fluctuation proves it..
Heinsberg(if thats the spelling) uncertainty principle..
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by ponti93(m): 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jesuobu:
The thoughts of heaven alone gives you energy and can make you feel like flying without wings. It's the best source of motivation I have ever seen. When you think of heaven, fear dissappear and you get anxious to do good.

To do unbelievable things is simple. Take your mind out of this earth and put all your focus on heaven. It’s analogous to focusing on the finish line instead of just your next step in an athletic race. That’s what Usain Bolt does. I have made heaven my goal and the motivation I get now is not a synthetic one but divine. Unbelievable wisdom and understanding.

Read Matthew 6:33 and you will know why this is so.

And it says Matthew 6:33 and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern

so if i make heaven my top concern, money will be in my pocket, my acc will increase, all d tinz i drm of my make their way to me... op... please keep ur beliv to ya self angry angry sad hustle on my mind, money jor
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Donovela:
Have a blessed sunday
Same to you sir.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Edoblakky(m): 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
2 Timothy 2:15 admonishes us to study to show ourselves approved.
Jesus said in John 10:10 why he came. He didn't come just so we will make heaven. Otherwise we will all rapture the day we give our lives to Christ. But He came to give us His life - eternal life. Make no mistake about it - if you don't have that life while on earth, you won't have it when you die.
Heaven should not be your primary concern if you're already a Christian. Living the Life of God while on earth and being a blessing to others should be your primary concern. God bless you!
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
Edoblakky:
2 Timothy 2:15 admonishes us to study to show ourselves approved.
Jesus said in John 10:10 why he came. He didn't come just so we will make heaven. Otherwise we will all rapture the day we give our lives to Christ. But He came to give us His life - eternal life. Make no mistake about it - if you don't have that life while on earth, you won't have it when you die.
Heaven should not be your primary concern if you're already a Christian. Living the Life of God while on earth and being a blessing to others should be your primary concern. God bless you!
when you make heaven your goal, your life here on earth will be superb. Nobody is saying give your life to Christ, jump into the high way and go to heaven. No, my point is making heaven your goal means abundant life on earth first as God had promised.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by whitestar01(m): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
oglalasioux:

No we are not. We are only concerned on how Christianity is slowing the pace of development in black Africa. You don't just practice your religion. You dominate everything with the heaven/hell blackmail and slow everything down. That's our concern. How you worship is your business. How your worship affects the society is everybody's business.
How, are they the leaders?
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by whitestar01(m): 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

why do christians bother themselves with preaching to other religions?
Re they afraid?
That's what God comanded because He doesn't wants you to perish.Hence, we muzt preach but since you have sold your soul to the devil l mourn you.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by raphieMontella: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
whitestar01:
That's what God comanded because He doesn't wants you to perish.Hence, we muzt preach but since you have sold your soul to the devil l mourn you.
the irony of ur faith..
He's saving u frm the hell he created for u jst incase u dnt love him back..
Abeg swerve

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
Children of God when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control.

If you have these qualities, congratulations and welcome to the real world and the family of God and son Jesus.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by emmatee57(m): 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2016
oglalasioux:

Thanks for your advice. At least you didn't insult me like the others. I'll however give you a few points.

Dividing the red sea or sending down fire to consume Elijah's sacrifice or where Jesus came from and where he went to are not evidences that the christian god or heaven is real or exist. Magicians have done more and surprisingly science has surpassed all. (I can give you books that explained all the biblical miracles scientifically).

The same bible that made you have that faith is a killer's handbook whose title should be, HOW TO MURDER AND COMMIT GENOCIDE AND GET AWAY WITH IT. So if a book teaches me hatred, racism, intolerance, mass murder etc just like the bible, why should I believe anything from it especially a heaven nothing can point to as any iota of evidence?

We say things about the Muslims not knowing that worse things are written in the bible.
Also i thank you for your comnend. now let me ask u a simple question dat i need it to be answered also. Where is the pillar that holds sky, sun, moon, rain clouds & the two other plannets above the earth? 2ndly, why is it that the same scientists that prooved there is no heaven or God Himself, why can't they go into the sun or to talk of passing it through br they come back and blindfold peoples with lies? if scientists can't go or pass through the sun, their research is absolutely incomplete!!!!
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by horlarbanji(m): 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
May God 4give all if u wu sed there is nt heaven,d rapture z coming very soon and u ar telling me no Heaven....well it's ur choice
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by oglalasioux(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2016
emmatee57:
Also i thank you for your comnend. now let me ask u a simple question dat i need it to be answered also. Where is the pillar that holds sky, sun, moon, rain clouds & the two other plannets above the earth? 2ndly, why is it that the same scientists that prooved there is no heaven or God Himself, why can't they go into the sun or to talk of passing it through br they come back and blindfold peoples with lies? if scientists can't go or pass through the sun, their research is absolutely incomplete!!!!

With due respect I don't think it's worth answering you. Your questions show you don't know much about cosmology. No offence meant please. You've won the argument.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Aadetola1(m): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
emmatee57:
atheism is baseless!
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by oglalasioux(m): 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
whitestar01:
How, are they the leaders?

Yes. The last time I checked everyone believes it's god that appoint leaders. They sponsor pilgrimages to Mecca and Jerusalem to pray that they govern well yet the majority of the society are at the dregs of livelihood. The religious leaders wine and dine with the leaders and even take advice from them.

Religious leaders hunt with the fox and run with the rabbit at the same time.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Donovela(m): 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

give ur money to the poor rather than dashing ur pastor...
Of course...although I am a christian, I am not blind...most of our pastors are "brood of vipers"
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by FuckTheMod: 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
SirWere:

You mean those who hear it from trusted Islam clerics heard it wrong??

I'm not looking for a fight. Don't start what you can't finish.
My guy please use your brain
This is 21st century, google is your friend.
Don't depend on hearsay.
Who are the who?
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Ranchhoddas: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jesuobu:
the "meek" is referring to the humble and gentle people. Loving Jesus will not stop you from achieving your dream and education qualifications but will make things easier for you. I personally love Jesus and one of my top targets is the Nobel Prize and won't rest until I achieve it.

When you love Jesus, you don't use your strength any longer but the strength of God which means, you will work less and achieve more. Most successful people you see today are not because they are most hard worker but simply because of the grace of God they have.
Nobel prize in what field?
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Nobel prize in what field?
Physiology or medicine
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Ranchhoddas: 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jesuobu:
Physiology or medicine
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by jossyphobia(m): 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
SirWere:
.... Now;

How do YOU know there is heaven

Some islamic reports have it on good authority that heaven is a fun filled place with 72 virgins.

Why is their's wrong and yours right
oh! that suit you. heaven is Gods abode and it is real with no 7virgins . Die a real Christian and a mansion awaits you there.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
jossyphobia:

oh! that suit you. heaven is Gods abode and it is real with no 7virgins . Die a real Christian and a mansion awaits you there.
preach it bro cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Difference Between Abel's And Cain's Sacrifice / Lady Welcomes Baby 16 Years After Wedding After Pastor Iginla Prayed For Her / Indian God, Krishna Was a Black African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.