Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,634 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern (17042 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) / DELETE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by raphieMontella: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2016
oglalasioux:

Did Noah preach to the babies? What about Samuel's instruction to Saul to kill everything in Amalek including babies and pregnant women? And you people will be condemning Boko haram.
nt even that one sef...
Look at herod's murder of thousands of babies because of jesus...
Yahweh knew of it nd acted on his knowledge and saved only jesus..
Left the other babies to die...
Is the guy nt mad?
He cud have killed herod and saved those babies...
He cud have directed the wise men nt to mock herod...
He cud have sent an angel to save the babies
he cud have messaged all the families to also take their kids to egypt..i can go on and on...im nt even ominipotent nor ominiscient..bt i can give a thousand ways he cud save those kids...
Talk more of an ominiscient nd ominipotent god who was too weak to do anytin nd watched...
Is that not a fable?

4 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2016
grin think I'd become a preacher and start reading the Bible to you guys, start taking your money.. Seems lucrative

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by maximunimpact(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2016
horlumiday:
Only God knws weda they r real or fake.... Did you read the part when the Bible says "
Judge not (MATHEW 7)

Have u also read 1 Corinthians 2:14-15 - 14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by oglalasioux(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2016
Princefrankie1:

Pls expansiate on the bolded

The Physics of Christianity by Frank Tipler. Also try Sigmund Freud's Was Moses an Egyptian. They are free on PDF.

You can also read Umberto Eco's books, Name of the Rose and Foucault's Pendulum. You can download them all on PDF.

There are countless others but make do with these.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by freecocoa(f): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2016
Jesuobu:
heaven is the abode of God that is somewhere in the sky. God did not gives us the ability to see it with our naked eyes while alive. Don't worry when you're old, has enjoyed your children, get tired and decide to give up, you will know the exact location of it in the sky and you will see it with your eyes. Seeing is believing
See this one sounding like he's been there before, Smh.undecided

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2016
smiley when you're dead, you're dead, They don't call it "dead" for no reason..

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Immorttal: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2016
Princefrankie1:

Pls expansiate on the bolded
there is nothing like a miracle. Flying in the skies or Talking through cell phone,tell me which miracle surpasses that. Wait we are coming!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Princefrankie1(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2016
oglalasioux:

The Physics of Christianity by Frank Tipler. Also try Sigmund Freud's Was Moses an Egyptian. They are free on PDF.

You can also read Umberto Eco's books, Name of the Rose and Foucault's Pendulum. You can download them all on PDF.

There are countless others but make do with these.

Thanks man. I will try grab those aforementioned ebooks. I hope to learn something new.

it doesn't harm to philosophise on peoples notions and perceptions
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Immorttal: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2016
Virginsince1997:
grin think I'd become a preacher and start reading the Bible to you guys, start taking your money.. Seems lucrative
just give them any reason and they just fall yakata. Later they'll be claiming smart head of how they outsmarted a supposed scammer on nairaland but would keep falling mugu sowing seed for a brilliant nigga.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2016
Jesuobu:
heaven is the abode of God that is somewhere in the sky. God did not gives us the ability to see it with our naked eyes while alive. Don't worry when you're old, has enjoyed your children, get tired and decide to give up, you will know the exact location of it in the sky and you will see it with your eyes. Seeing is believing
Lol "seeing is believe", you say that like you have actually seen it.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 21, 2016
Some people see the truth right before them but choose to believe the lies because they choose to expose themselves to false teachings and villainous books.

I will keep on praying for you and hope before you get yourself back, I won't be too late then cool
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by omogidi234(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2016
Good topic @ OP. God bless you.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by horlumiday(m): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2016
maximunimpact:

Have u also read 1 Corinthians 2:14-15 - 14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment.
Your judgment wnt do anything to them.... They are not perfect.... Dont forget Roman 2 : 1 -

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that
judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest
thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 21, 2016
omogidi234:
Good topic @ OP. God bless you.
God bless you too child of God smiley
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by FuckTheMod: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

ur religious box wud nt let u observe the world around u or read the koran
Ho God!
I underestimated your foolishness cry

Go to hell if you can't use a chapter or verse of the Holy Quran to back your claim.
Senseless rumour monger.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by echodrum(m): 11:37am On Aug 21, 2016
Jesuobu:
The thoughts of heaven alone gives you energy and can make you feel like flying without wings. It's the best source of motivation I have ever seen. When you think of heaven, fear dissappear and you get anxious to do good.

To do unbelievable things is simple. Take your mind out of this earth and put all your focus on heaven. It’s analogous to focusing on the finish line instead of just your next step in an athletic race. That’s what Usain Bolt does. I have made heaven my goal and the motivation I get now is not a synthetic one but divine. Unbelievable wisdom and understanding.

Read Matthew 6:33 and you will know why this is so.

And it says Matthew 6:33 and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Are you not meek Bro?? When will people learn, for crying out loud!! If your primary concern is heaven, why pursue earthly things? Why do you go to school? Do you need grammar and school to enter your heaven? If your not working and making money, I'm sure you will soon begin to look for a job when you are done with school. What for? brother, be serious for once.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 21, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by klarke(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

There's really no choice. You shouldn't make up tales in your head and claim people have a choice to believe or not. That's nonsense.

You claim there's a heaven? Have you been there? Where is it? What goes on there? Why is death the only way to reach its gates?
What do you know?
There is far more to this life, this physical world than meets the eye.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Donovela(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

why wud u dictate for ur supposed almighty god?
If he cud encourage incest..how can u be sure he cant encourage such?
Are u god?
Mind you God encouraged incest due to the sparse population of the world so as to increase population... am not God but I'm a sane man and moreover a christian....I now God too well to know he can't do that and If you're wondering how I know,I'll leave you with this "God know his people and his people know him"
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 21, 2016
echodrum:
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Are you not meek Bro?? When will people learn, for crying out loud!! If your primary concern is heaven, why pursue earthly things? Why do you go to school? Do you need grammar and school to enter your heaven? If your not working and making money, I'm sure you will soon begin to look for a job when you are done with school. What for? brother, be serious for once.
the "meek" is referring to the humble and gentle people. Loving Jesus will not stop you from achieving your dream and education qualifications but will make things easier for you. I personally love Jesus and one of my top targets is the Nobel Prize and won't rest until I achieve it.

When you love Jesus, you don't use your strength any longer but the strength of God which means, you will work less and achieve more. Most successful people you see today are not because they are most hard worker but simply because of the grace of God they have.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 21, 2016
Lol "God encouraged incest" this the problem with Christians, you've been brainwashed to a certain stage, you see what Is wrong as right, So if you heard a voice in your head saying "commit or murder or do something sinister, you would? Smh for you o, God encouraged incest, lol I can only imagine what he must have sounded like" Hey dude go f*ck your sister, and multiply! "
Donovela:
Mind you God encouraged incest due to the sparse population of the world so as to increase population... am not God but I'm a sane man and moreover a christian....I now God too well to know he can't do that and If you're wondering how I know,I'll leave you with this "God know his people and his people know him"
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
For those who don't believe in afterlife and heaven, read this news reported by CNN of a ghost captured on camera coming out of a dead man. CNN don't report unconfirmed report.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/us/spirit-leaving-body-photo-trnd/

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Donovela(m): 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
Virginsince1997:
Lol "God encouraged incest" this the problem with Christians, you've been brainwashed to a certain stage, you see what Is wrong as right, So if you heard a voice in your head saying "commit or murder or do something sinister, you would? Smh for you o, God encouraged incest, lol I can only imagine what he must have sounded like" Hey dude go f*ck your sister, and multiply! "
You should be laughing at yourself not me,men always looking for faults so as to have no impunity in living in their sinful ways
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
Enlighting you, Over 4000+ religion but only yours is is right, I rest my case, I won't contend with your dumbassery
Donovela:
You should be laughing at yourself not me,men always looking for faults so as to have no impunity in living in their sinful ways
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
Virginsince1997:
Enlighting you, Over 4000+ religion but only yours is is right, I rest my case, I won't contend with your dumbassery, being offended doesn't make you right, PRAY FOR ME grin
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by raphieMontella: 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
Donovela:
sparse population?
What do u mean?
Is he no longer all powerful?
Why cant he create more diverse humans?
I need not remind u that ur god killed a man in the bible because he refused to impregnate his brothers wife..

U are saying another persons concept of heaven is rubbish because of the sexual nature it carries bt u forgot ur very own god has his own bizzare sexual preferences

wake up man...religion is a trance
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by raphieMontella: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
FuckTheMod:

Ho God!
I underestimated your foolishness cry

Go to hell if you can't use a chapter or verse of the Holy Quran to back your claim.
Senseless rumour monger.
lol...did i say im a islamic fanatic?
I'll see u in hell
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by raphieMontella: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jesuobu:
Some people see the truth right before them but choose to believe the lies because they choose to expose themselves to false teachings and villainous books.

I will keep on praying for you and hope before you get yourself back, I won't be too late then cool

instead of praying for us atheists..
Pray that ur loving father sends manna to children who are starving daily in africa and dying of diseases which he created because they cant afford meds...
Are u that selfish?

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
FuckTheMod:

Some of you just like being fools Where is it written that someone would get virgins as reward when they die? Are you going to heaven for fuckin?
You mean those who hear it from trusted Islam clerics heard it wrong??
I'm not looking for a fight. Don't start what you can't finish.
Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
Donovela:
Okay, look at it this way.Heaven is suppose to be a paradise, a place of reward for the righteous and Jesus Christ, the disciples and other prophets emphasised on the importance of making heaven and you think the ultimate reward is SEX such an earthly activity.It is place for believers to live in eternity with God.Why would God want us to live a righteous and at the day our ultimate reward is to "Kerewa" with 72 virgins?

..so what will you be doing in heaven then?? Singing praises to the creator; forever and ever.

I think this will get boring after; say, 65 million years don't you

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern by johnstin(m): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jesuobu:
For those who don't believe in afterlife and heaven, read this news reported by CNN of a ghost captured on camera coming out of a dead man. CNN don't report unconfirmed report.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/us/spirit-leaving-body-photo-trnd/
There is definitely afterlife.
The very sad thing is that it will be too late for some people when they realize this.
There is heaven and there is hell.
You will only make heaven if you have been forgiven and cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ and live a holy life till the rapture occurs or breathe your last.
Else, the destination is hell.

Now, the time is short. There is no time to argue anymore. I will advice all sinners to repent and give their lives to Jesus Christ.

Very soon, sinners will watch and read the news of the rapture on tvs worldwide. By that time it will be too late.

You have a choice to make before the rapture occurs or breathe your last.

May the Lord help you to make the right choice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Waking Up With Unexplained Scratches On My Body / Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.