Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,743 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue (1706 Views)

IOS Iphone Anyone? Find A Solution For Ur Iphones Here / How To Change The Phone Number In BVN?? / Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by Olalekanbanky1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
Pls I registered for bvn at access bank.
I linked it with other banks, my access bank inclusive.

I later had an official change of name with all documents intact.

I presented the changed name in my banks and my account names were changed to the new name.

Just 4 days ago, I got my account in sterling bank freezer. Why? Just cos the name on bvn is different from d one on my account. I tried all possible best but they said they can't edit bvn because it belongs to CBN.

I even went back to access bank to complain but they gave me the shocker that my access account will soon be blocked as well cos of same problem as it is a CBN directive. They refused to let me access my money o.

Now my money is stuck in the bank. Has anyone experienced this B4? If yes, How can I go abt it?

Lalasticlala pls help me burden this to front page
Re: Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by Dullahi(m): 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
The banks didn't provide you with adequate information before effecting changes to your account name. I believe you're to provide relevant documents and submit a request with the National Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU). The banks should be able to assist you with such as the CBN announced earlier this year.

I humbly accept any correction if I'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by pendusky(m): 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
Olalekanbanky1:

I presented the changed name in my banks and my account names were changed to the new name.

Just 4 days ago, I got my account in sterling bank freezer. Why? Just cos the name on bvn is different from d one on my account. I tried all possible best but they said they can't edit bvn because it belongs to CBN.

I even went back to access bank to complain but they gave me the shocker that my access account will soon be blocked as well cos of same problem as it is a CBN directive. They refused to let me access my money o.

Now my money is stuck in the bank. Has anyone experienced this B4? If yes, How can I go abt it?

If you have presented the court affidavit and newspaper publication for a change of name, you dont have issues , get the papers to Access Bank to where they did your BVN, they will edit your name and present it to CBN to change it.

You can only change your BVN detail at the bank you enrolled.

Sterling Bank can't do that but Access where you did your BVN.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by Olalekanbanky1(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2016
pendusky:

If you have presented the court affidavit and newspaper publication for a change of name, you dont have issues , get the papers to Access Bank to where they did your BVN, they will edit your name and present it to CBN to change it.

You can only change your BVN detail at the bank you enrolled.

Sterling Bank can't do that but Access where you did your BVN.

Thanks bro. But they are claiming they can't touch bvn oo. That it belongs to CBN and that any attempt to edit it will warrant sanction from cbn
Re: Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 21, 2016
There is nothing that can be done as the mistake has already be made. If you still have access to your money, i will humbly advise you to go & withdraw & if i may ask? Why did you do change of name?
Re: Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by Olalekanbanky1(m): 11:04am On Aug 21, 2016
fados4sure:
There is nothing that can be done as the mistake has already be made. If you still have access to your money, i will humbly advise you to go & withdraw & if i may ask? Why did you do change of name?

i said i have no access to the money again bro. so my money is gone?
Re: Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 21, 2016
Olalekanbanky1:

i said i have no access to the money again bro. so my money is gone?
If i may asked, why change of name?
Re: Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by Olalekanbanky1(m): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2016
fados4sure:

If i may asked, why change of name?

personal bro. or cant i change my name again? cos of dose useless banks
Re: Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by holurinde(m): 11:43pm On Jul 04, 2021
Olalekanbanky1:

Good day sir...do you later has access to your account ?

After how many days ?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me With A Solution To This BVN Issue by Olalekanbanky1(m): 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2021
holurinde:

Good day sir...do you later has access to your account ?

After how many days ?
I actually Posted it on behalf of someone else. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Keeps Defrauding Me By Subscribing Me To Services I Never Requested / I Need A Suggestion For A New Phone. / Infinix Hot 2 3000mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.