Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:07 PM

Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers (1775 Views)

El-Rufai Kneels To Greet Oba Akiolu During Courtesy Visit In His Palace / Gowon Apologises To Niger Delta Communities, Says ‘we’ve Made Mistakes’ / Niger-Delta Avengers Invites Buhari To Niger-Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by BayLord01(m): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2016
– Oba Riliwan Akiolu expressed optimism in Buhari’s ability to turn Nigeria around

– He begged Niger Delta Avengers to embrace peace

– The Lagos monarch noted that violence would not solve the problem

The Oba of Lagos, Oba Riliwan Akiolu I has sent a message to members of the Niger Delta Avengers to stop the violence and give peace a chance.

The group has claimed responsibility for series of bombing of oil and gas pipelines in the Niger Delta region which has affected Nigeria’s output of oil and the economy.

NAN reports that the Lagos monarch made the plea at his palace on Saturday, August 20 during the celebration of the Isese Festival in Isale Eko area of Lagos Island.
“I want to use this medium to appeal to the Niger Delta Avengers to give peace a chance.

“I agree to some extent with them that certain things have to be done for them, but they just have to give peace a chance and things will work for them.

“They should stop and put their grievances on the table and the government will address it. It is not too late to mend.”
The Oba expressed optimism in the ability of President Muhammadu Buhari to turn the country around for good.

“I am confident that the economy of the country, under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari, will change for good because our president is focused.”

“Let us cooperate with the government. Do not take laws into your hands and always inform the security agencies wherever there are criminal activities.”

A few weeks ago, the monarch advised President Buhari against approaching governance as a military man.

He said Buhari should realize that he is no longer a military man and be civil in his approach.

Source: https://www.naij.com/935909-oba-lagos-sends-message-niger-delta-avengers.html

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by ibedun: 8:19am On Aug 21, 2016
My Kabiyesi o! I am ready to die to protect your throne sir.

I'm on stanby to carry out your order...................re: lagooners frm the yeast.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2016
Mumu Oba, goan jump in the lagoon na. The guy above me is his abobaku

7 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by malele(m): 8:52am On Aug 21, 2016
Oba rikwa nsi ebeahu

5 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by ibkgab001: 8:54am On Aug 21, 2016
Some yeast from the beast will panic at the mention of the Oba s name
Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by globe16: 8:54am On Aug 21, 2016
This thuggish and dishonorable oba still get mouth? I thought his life starts and ends in Lagos.. Why is he concerned over the activities of the avengers?

7 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by sarrki(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2016
frenchwine:
Mumu Oba, goan jump in the lagoon na. The guy above me is his abobaku
u need a total factory reset, not chinko
Reset

Finland reset will do just Good after Reboot

Let us know when it has finally come up
Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by cindyrocks(f): 9:10am On Aug 21, 2016
At least he did not ask them to jump into the lagoon this time.
Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 21, 2016
sarrki:
u need a total factory reset, not chinko
Reset

Finland reset will do just Good after Reboot

Let us know when it has finally come up
Dude you can kiss my ars.e if e pain you too much. Abeg leave the dishonourable Oba for LAWMA

4 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by saintkel(m): 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
cindyrocks:
My baby crush, happy sunday
Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by cindyrocks(f): 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
shocked
saintkel:
My baby crush, happy sunday
Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by BrownRoofRep: 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
All hail lagoon dweller, the president of our up coming country - Brown Roof Republic.
All hail Brown Roof Republic!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by Gozzzy(m): 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
BayLord01:
– Oba Riliwan Akiolu expressed optimism in Buhari’s ability to turn Nigeria around

– He begged Niger Delta Avengers to embrace peace

– The Lagos monarch noted that violence would not solve the problem

The Oba of Lagos, Oba Riliwan Akiolu I has sent a message to members of the Niger Delta Avengers to stop the violence and give peace a chance.

The group has claimed responsibility for series of bombing of oil and gas pipelines in the Niger Delta region which has affected Nigeria’s output of oil and the economy.

NAN reports that the Lagos monarch made the plea at his palace on Saturday, August 20 during the celebration of the Isese Festival in Isale Eko area of Lagos Island.
“I want to use this medium to appeal to the Niger Delta Avengers to give peace a chance.

“I agree to some extent with them that certain things have to be done for them, but they just have to give peace a chance and things will work for them.

“They should stop and put their grievances on the table and the government will address it. It is not too late to mend.”
The Oba expressed optimism in the ability of President Muhammadu Buhari to turn the country around for good.

“I am confident that the economy of the country, under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari, will change for good because our president is focused.”

“Let us cooperate with the government. Do not take laws into your hands and always inform the security agencies wherever there are criminal activities.”

A few weeks ago, the monarch advised President Buhari against approaching governance as a military man.

He said Buhari should realize that he is no longer a military man and be civil in his approach.

Source: https://www.naij.com/935909-oba-lagos-sends-message-niger-delta-avengers.html
cowardly and parasitic afonja!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by wristbangle: 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
cindyrocks:

Lol. Was expecting this kind of comment though

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by knightsTempler: 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
Any good news yet?

In less than 18 months, this administration has steadily declined on a downward spiral that the HAILERS have to change the "H" in their name to "W".

Everyone is now a WAILER.

Although those who only just decamped are second-class wailers with PHOTOCOPY credentials.

Thankfully, the ORIGINAL wailers with first-class credentials have finally been vindicated.

Sai chanji!

Meanwhile, the type of headlines you read in the news are:

*A man arrested for naming his dog Buhari
*Man steals pot of soup on fire
*A Southeast governor hospitalized after being slapped by a ghost carrying a child
*Nigerian Dream Team stranded at the airport
*Arrested Fulani Herdsmen escape from prison
*Woman gives birth while queuing at the filling station
*Trucks of foodstuffs meant for IDPs camp hijacked
*A woman exchanges her daughter for 10 cups of garri
*Nigeria replaced by South Africa as the no 1 fastest growing economy in Africa
*Outbreak of Polio hits Nigeria
*Etcetera etcetera

Such is the #change 15 million Nigerians asked for. Unfortunately though, every Nigerian living in Nigeria is bearing the brunt.

So I ask, any good news yet?

-Laura

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by cindyrocks(f): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2016
Yes. He repented. grin
wristbangle:

Lol. Was expecting this kind of comment though
Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by ehikwe22: 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
This man has been talking a lot after he blasted Buhari. Bible says out of the multiple of the heart, the mouth speaketh. This man knows that Vuhari is destroying Nigeria and he didn't know when he spoke the truth from his heart. same thing Bakare is doing. speaking from both sides of his mouth. now they're trying to appease Buhari from his what I don't know

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by kufre2010: 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
Kabiyesi I think it should b the other way round. Buhari should be advised to look into their demand so that avengers wil drop their arms.

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by mightyhazell: 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
Scarcity of petrodollars? gwam somtin undecided

4 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by chosen6(f): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
I heard that this Oba is a lost soul and a president of the "mouthheads?" Is it true?.
Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by saintkel(m): 10:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by OlanreJohnson: 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
E be like say Avenger's strike don reset him bank account to default as FG don cut allocation to traditional rulers.
Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by daser19: 12:02am On Aug 22, 2016
why people want them to call the title eleko of eko. this is the small portion

Re: Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers by thedarkside: 12:02am On Aug 22, 2016
its better they listen....the warriors of naija are ready to turn the ol south-south to a battlefield..!!!!! angry angry angry angry

this is still a dog eat dog world!!!!....the elders and kings are talking....better listen...

(1) (Reply)

See What A "Biafran" Posted On Twitter That's Got Everyone Talking / Taraba Governor - Christians In Southern Kaduna, Rise Up & Defend Yourself / Fulani Herdsmen And Anambra Youths In Faceoff As Nigerian Navy Saves The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.