Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. (6039 Views)

We’re Ready For Dialogue, Militants Reply Buhari / BREAKING NEWS; Niger Delta Avengers Announces Ceasefire / Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by jamesibor: 8:05am On Aug 21, 2016
THE PAN-NIGER STRUGGLE
The struggle has always being a Pan-Niger Delta one, we only know the anti Niger Delta elements are using some disorganized characters from the region to scuttle all effort to restore the essence of our humanity; resources control and self-determination.

We are going to support any collective/negotiation team emerging from the Chief (Dr.) Papa Edwin Kiagbodo Clark Niger Delta elders and genuine stakeholders conference to engage with the federal government of Nigeria, representatives from the home countries of all multinational Oil Corporations and neutral international mediators that will be focused on achieving the short, medium and long term frameworks and objectives to de-escalating conflicts in the Niger Delta. Most of the frameworks and objectives are clearly stated in various reports, declarations and recommendations of the likes of the Sir.Henry Willinks minority rights reports of pre-independence Nigeria (1957-cool, The Kaiama Declaration document, The General Alexander Ogomudia report, The Leedum Mittee headed, Niger Delta Technical Committee report and restructuring to fiscal federalism.

We have resolved to reject any idea of the peace of our times; we want the peace with honor this time around! Our advice to our Niger Delta elders and genuine stakeholders is that, whenever this inhuman project called Nigeria and her government is ready for dialogue/negotiations with them, this mandate should be treated with that care as driving a vehicle like that of a truck laden with fire.

We are going to continue the observation of our unannounced cessation of hostilities in the Niger Delta against all interest of the Multinational oil Corporations, but we will continuously adopt our asymmetric warfare during this period if, the Nigerian government and the ruling political APC continues to use security agencies/agents, formations and politicians to arrest, intimidate, invade and harass innocent citizens, suspected NDA members and invade especially Ijaw communities.

We promise to fight more for the Niger Delta, if this opportunity fails. Therefore, we will give our Niger Delta elders and genuine stakeholders that tacit support to the dialogue table with the government and the Multinational oil Corporations whenever the enabling environment prevails.

We also use this medium to warn those using rogue platforms like the defunct so-called MEND, RNDA- Cynthia Whyte especially Charles Okah who is franchising these internet based banditry from his prison cell, through Victor Ebikabowei Ben (Boyloaf), Timipre Silva, Selekaye Ebikabowei, Ayirimi Emani, Michael Johnny, Governor Adams Oshiomole to please inform those their paymasters that the days of doom are here. That those sold and bought up interests from around the corridors of power cannot arm-twist the NDA with bandits, drug addicts, illegal bunkerers, bank robbers and disorganized characters to derail the Niger Delta struggle.

Brig. Gen Mudoch Agbinibo.
Spokesperson.

http://www./2016/08/the-pan-niger-struggle.html?m=1#more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by endtimeshit(m): 8:08am On Aug 21, 2016
Goodnews. Bubu, over to you..

1 Like

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by xreal: 8:08am On Aug 21, 2016
Why?

They should continue...
blowing pipelines, scaring away investors and prospective investors, destroying their land.

After all, price of petrol hasn't increased ever since the bombing started, instead the price reduces.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by jamesibor: 8:09am On Aug 21, 2016
This coming from the 'Horse's' mouth is believable.

4 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by Tallesty1(m): 8:11am On Aug 21, 2016
Better
Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by seunmsg(m): 8:11am On Aug 21, 2016
They want to negotiate because the identities of their sponsors have been revealed. Nigeria is bigger than any selfish or bigoted interest. I guess they have finally learnt the bitter truth that no unholy interest can hold down the country.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by dnawah(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2016
Una go give us oil sell.
Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by jamesibor: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2016
seunmsg:
They want to negotiate because the identities of their sponsors have been revealed. Nigeria is bigger than any selfish or bigoted interest. I guess they have finally learnt the bitter truth that no unholy interest can hold down the country.

This one is here foamig from the mouth behind the keyboard while his Oba is on his knees begging

:
– Oba Riliwan Akiolu expressed optimism in Buhari’s ability to turn Nigeria around

– He begged Niger Delta Avengers to embrace peace

– The Lagos monarch noted that violence would not solve the problem

The Oba of Lagos, Oba Riliwan Akiolu I has sent a message to members of the Niger Delta Avengers to stop the violence and give peace a chance.

The group has claimed responsibility for series of bombing of oil and gas pipelines in the Niger Delta region which has affected Nigeria’s output of oil and the economy.

NAN reports that the Lagos monarch made the plea at his palace on Saturday, August 20 during the celebration of the Isese Festival in Isale Eko area of Lagos Island.
“I want to use this medium to appeal to the Niger Delta Avengers to give peace a chance.

“I agree to some extent with them that certain things have to be done for them, but they just have to give peace a chance and things will work for them.

“They should stop and put their grievances on the table and the government will address it. It is not too late to mend.”
The Oba expressed optimism in the ability of President Muhammadu Buhari to turn the country around for good.

“I am confident that the economy of the country, under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari, will change for good because our president is focused.”

“Let us cooperate with the government. Do not take laws into your hands and always inform the security agencies wherever there are criminal activities.”

A few weeks ago, the monarch advised President Buhari against approaching governance as a military man.

He said Buhari should realize that he is no longer a military man and be civil in his approach.

Source: https://www.naij.com/935909-oba-lagos-sends-message-niger-delta-avengers.html

7 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by onnenka: 8:20am On Aug 21, 2016
Yoruba Muslims will love this.

Ok time to repair all damaged gas pipelines.
No more excuses for Fashola for now.

1 Like

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by Femich18(m): 8:21am On Aug 21, 2016
Seems they are tired of the bombings...
Lol.. Negotiation is the key to the end of all this unrest

3 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by seunmsg(m): 8:24am On Aug 21, 2016
jamesibor:

What stops the government from going after the sponsors?

Going after the sponsors immediately won't bring about a quick and peaceful resolution of the crisis.

1 Like

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by 989900: 8:26am On Aug 21, 2016
Always good to do the sensible thing.

1 Like

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by Taasii4change: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2016
Useless set of people
Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by omenka(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2016
seunmsg:
This is nothing but the truth!!

The revelations made by that Cynthia Whyte and the threat to make even more really dealt a big blow to their schemes. Now they have been put on the defensive and trying to scheme their way out feigning desire to "negotiate".

All along, this nonsense was about nothing but a means to blackmail the FG into letting some ultra corrupt elements in the immediate past admin off the anti corruption dragnet. I'm sure the FG is unto something significant on the war against terrorism in the SS hence their current position.

In addition, a lot more NDeltans are beginning to see the folly in their methods and they are becoming more and more unpopular amongst the people whose welfare they "claim" to be fighting for.

In due time, we'd get to see the faces of all those behind this nonsense.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by mars123(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2016
jamesibor:

This one is here foamig from the mouth behind the keyboard while his Oba is on his knees begging

Embrace sense so that in the future you'll know the difference between an advice and "begging on ones knees".

13 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by loopman: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2016
seunmsg:

Exactly the same thing that came to my mind when I saw the headline.

11 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by jamesibor: 8:38am On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:
This is nothing but the truth!!

The revelations made by that Cynthia Whyte and the threat to make even more really dealt a big blow to their schemes. Now they have been put on the defensive and trying to scheme their way out feigning desire to "negotiate".

All along, this nonsense was about nothing but a means to blackmail the FG into letting some ultra corrupt elements in the immediate past admin off the anti corruption dragnet. I'm sure the FG is unto something significant on the war against terrorism in the SS hence their current position.

In addition, a lot more NDeltans are beginning to see the folly in their methods and they are becoming more and more unpopular amongst the people whose welfare they "claim" to be fighting for.

In due time, we'd get to see the faces of all those behind this nonsense.

Advice your govt not to accept their terms but rather to go on an all out offensive and also arrest all the alleged sponsors. That way, they can be on top of the game.

2 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by loopman: 8:39am On Aug 21, 2016
jamesibor:

I know this cheerful news of ceasefire will give a lot of you heart attack that will land you on hospital beds.

10 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by LoveMachine(m): 8:40am On Aug 21, 2016
This is a wonderful way to start the week. Let's pray things get better. The Delta has suffered for far too long. It shall be well.

2 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by shukuokukobambl: 8:40am On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:
Just love how you smash those Samsung Flatron televisions on the wall- the damage is so bad even the technicians at Samsung mother factory themselves can fix them. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'll keep reminding them

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by shukuokukobambl: 8:41am On Aug 21, 2016
jamesibor:

Advice your govt not to accept their terms but rather to ho on an all out offensive and also arrest all the alleged sponsors. That way, they can be on top of the game.

Which one is your own govt? biabia republic? cheesy

11 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by omenka(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2016
jamesibor:

Advice your govt not to accept their terms but rather to ho on an all out offensive and also arrest all the alleged sponsors. That way, they can be on top of the game.
The government doesn't need my advice- they have all it takes, experts, information, intel, capabilities, etc, to make the right decision.

I have said what I wanna say and that's my opinion. I'm afraid you just have to live with it or "report" the post thereby hiding it if you don't like seeing it.

Bye.

14 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2016
I am not in support of negotiating with terrorists whether NDA, Boko Haram or herdsmen.

The government must NOT concede anything irresponsible to them... let heaven fall

waiting for the October 1 independence declaration.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by DropShot: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2016
What has changed to inform this new turn of events?

Has the govt released Kanu unconditionally?

Has fg dropped charges against Tompolo and others alleged of corruption?

Has Dasuki, Akpobolokemi and others been released?

Nonsense!

Why not continue to cut your nose in order to spite your face?
You just started blowing up pipelines and oil installations without any provokation and you expect the govt to give in to your blackmailing? PMB will be a fool to do that.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by shukuokukobambl: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2016
jamesibor:

You don start chest-beating again. Oya continue cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by omenka(m): 8:43am On Aug 21, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

Which one is your own govt? biabia republic? cheesy
You dey mind am. I don yarn my own. Any person wey no like am fit go make vegetable soup with alloe vera chop.

12 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by menxer: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2016
They are stylishly calling for negotiations, I thought they wanted to bomb their way to resources control.

We had the opportunity but failed to use it. If we had used the GEJ Era to make demands for the "minimum of 13%" to be reviewed upwards by now it would have been closer to 100 than 13.

5 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2016
xreal:
Why?

They should continue...
blowing pipelines, scaring away investors and prospective investors, destroying their land.

After all, price of petrol hasn't increased ever since the bombing started, instead the price reduces.
and the nation is feeling it. Proudly 5% proudly south south. I thank God say Lagos don get oil very soon north go follow. All these fake environmental expert go stop advising us on the impact oil spillage on our soil.
Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by shukuokukobambl: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2016
omenka:
You dey mind am. I don yarn my own. Any person wey no like am fit go make vegetable soup with alloe vera chop.

What do you mean? when there is ugu and cocaine powder in abundance cheesy

12 Likes

Re: NDA Announces Ceasefire, Sets Out Conditions For Dialogue. by shukuokukobambl: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
and the nation is feeling it. Proudly 5% proudly south south. I thank God say Lagos don get oil very soon north go follow. All these fake environmental expert go stop advising us on the impact oil spillage on our soil.

Yes o. Even Bayelsa and Delta state workers are feeling it well well cheesy

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo: When Will They Let The Name Go / List Of Terrorism Charges Against Arrested Radio Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kanu / New Anglican Road: Contractor Reassures Ugwuanyi Of Quality, Timely Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.