Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar (1751 Views)

More Answers From War Of Words Season 7 (slam Poetry Competition) / Sophia Amaka's Story: Accidental Baby Mama(a Fan Fiction) / War Of Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
WESTEROS AND MY FICTIONAL CONQUEST OF ESSOS AND THE REST OF THE KNOWN WORLD.
This AAR/Fan fiction will not be about Aegon Targaryen alone but it will also span to the life of his heir’s, I will be writing from Aegon’s Point Of View and also the Point of view of other Characters that will appear as the story goes on, this work is not purely done by me but is done with the help of Crusader Kings 2(Developed by Paradox A CK2 AGOT AAR AND FANFICTION BASED ON KING AEGON TARGARYEN’S CONQUEST OF Interactive) and the Crusader Kings 2: A Game Of Thrones mod(citadel.prophpbb.com), shout out to everyone who supported me in one way or the other, shout out to Aidun who played as Daeron Targaryen, The Young Dragon in the blood and fire multiplayer AAR on the Paradox forums for all his inspiration, shout out to my beautiful mum for giving me her laptop which I am presently using to write this work, shout out to my friends and family who have supported me in one way or the other, and last but not the least(actually the most important) shout out to God for his grace and blessings upon my life, alright, I guess I’ve duly thanked everyone who should be thanked, oh I almost forgot to type this, shout out to G.R.R. Martins, the writer of the A Song Of Ice And Fire books(writer of Game Of Thrones) you’re the boss.
Re: War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
i need you guys to read

Re: War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Well, i cant tell how often i'll be posting this Fan Fiction, but i want you all to be certain that i'll post as often as possible, my Fan fiction will be posted in a crazy order but as i said earlier i'll post as often as possible, enjoy.
Re: War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
PROLOGUE
When a child is born, much is expected of him, when his mother gives him her milk she expects to give her milk to a great child, a child that will not disgrace her, a child that will not put her to shame, a child that will make the father proud, a child that will create a legacy for the family, a child that will make a new meaning to the world, that is how the mother feels and that is how it must be, but when a Targaryen is born a coin is flipped and it is either the child is destined for greatness or is destined for eternal shame and doom. The great valyrian gods made the Targaryen Family the only Dragonlords that survived the doom of Valyria, we were not chosen because we were better than any other family but we were chosen because we were destined to create a difference in the world, to bring back the glory of Valyria, Aegon this moment I charge you with this duty, Go and Conquer.
Last words of Aerion Targaryen to his son Aegon.

The streets of Dragonstone were filled with soldiers moving up and down, green boys with hopes of getting fame and fortune, old men with… with reasons I do not know, there were a lot of men, so many men that I could not count them, my only prayer was that by the end of this there would at least be half this number returning home to their mother and wives,
“Maekar” I called out to the captain of my guard
“Yes milord” he replied
Maekar, a tall and strong looking young man had been the captain of my guard since I arrived at Dragonstone, he wasn’t too smart but he was not stupid either, he had the features of a high valyrian; beautiful silver hair and purple eyes, and as well very handsome to the eyes, there were rumours that he is my late brother’s bastard son but no one dared to voice it out to avoid the wrath of the Targaryen in Dragonstone,
“How many men has Vhagar been able to rally?” I said
“Milord, it is said that there are about three thousand men willing to fight” he replied while trying to rein his horse from walking over a dung of shit that was on the road
“Does my nephew believe that he can take on the might of the Storm King with just three thousand men?” I asked him feeling a bit irritated
He gave a bellow of laughter and replied “his grace expects you to rally some men from Driftmark to join our cause and he has also sent out letters to the petty lords surrounding Blackwater bay”
I sighed and then replied “I don’t think I can rally more than two thousand men from Driftmark and even if I rally such amount most of them will be green boys who have never been bled in battle before, if some petty lords rally to his banners that may give us a strength of ten thousand at much, do you think we can use that to face the fifty thousand and more strong men of the Storm king?”
“Milord” he said smiling “each man from Dragonstone is worth two Stormlanders and you forget milord, we have an advantage”
“And what advantage is that?” I asked “does my nephew have so much money in his coffers that he plans on hiring an army of sellswords?” I asked feigning anticipation
He gave a wry smile and replied “milord, you are very funny, you act as though you do not know, what we have is better than an army of sellswords, we have dragons”
“Please tell me something better, yes dragons may give us an edge but dragons die”
“dragons do die milord, but not Balerion, he has lived for more than a hundred years, the small folk believe that his scales have become stronger than Valyrian steel, besides Balerion we also have Meraxes and that other one, if one dragon cannot even the odds of our armies then three will surely do that, you are the one who should be telling me this milord, you witnessed what his grace did during the battle last year”
He said it again, his grace, is that what his subjects now call him?, the castle was now in view, the black castle that the surviving Dragonlords have now called their home, the black and dreadful thing, it’s sight alone can give a child a chill,
“Tell me Maekar, is that what he now calls himself?”
“What?” he asked looking a bit confused
“Has he already crowned himself king in my absence?”
He smiled and replied “you know he’d never do that in your absence, the smallfolk have taken to calling him that since he’ll soon be crowned”
“Maekar, you don’t know how much I wish I were you right now, you have much faith in him but I his uncle cannot say I have the same amount of faith in him”
“I do not have faith in him milord; I have faith in God, if the Valyrian god allowed the Targaryen family to survive the doom I don’t think he saved them for them to die out without achieving something great”
“I cannot say I believe in the Valyrian god the way you do, if they truly had great plans for a high Valyrian they would have stopped the doom from happening, old Valyria had more than a thousand dragons and with that amount of dragons this conquest would have been a child’s play”
“God has a reason for all he does milord”
We rode into the castle and stopped our horses at the stable, I walked out of the stable and decided to look for my nephew to see his plans for the upcoming battle, I walked straight to the main keep, on my way there I saw Vhagar the greenheart; master-at-arms of Dragonstone drilling some of his new recruits,
“That is not how to hold a sword” he yelled at one, to another he bashed his shield into and shouted “if that was a real battle you would have been dead”,
His job wasn’t an easy one at all and during these war time it got even worst but yet he never looked tired, as far as I know he is the best swordsman in Dragonstone when you exclude my nephews, a tall handsome west Valyrian man with the proper silver hair and purple eyes befitting a Valyrian, wherever my nephew had gotten him from I could not tell but I am very happy that he has such a loyal and talented man in his service,
I had walked close to the main door of the keep when I heard my a voice call out to me,
“Uncle” the voice called
I turned around to discover it was my nephew, “Orys” I replied
“When did you return to Dragonstone?” he asked
“This morning” I replied
Orys, my brother’s bastard son, a very strong man second only to Aegon, Aegon has taken a surprising love for his brother despite the fact that he was born due to his father’s breaking of his marital vows, Orys had grown up in Dragonstone with Aegon, they had both fought together and had been so close that nobody would believe that they were not twin brothers, it is because of Orys that Aegon has decided to raise his banners in battle against the Storm King, Aegon had offered that in order for him(Aegon) to help him( Storm King) fight the war against Iron King Harren the black he would give his only daughter and heiress as a bride to Orys, but the storm king refused and cut off the hands of all those sent by Aegon to treat with him, that had angered Aegon and as such he sent letters to all the lords of Westeros telling them to swear fealty to him but as expected none of the Kings swore fealty to him and continued their lives as though nothing had happened, and here we are today with Aegon planning to take the matter into his hands by declaring war on Westeros with the Storm King himself being the first on his list,
“Are you on your way to see Aegon?” he asked
“Yes, I am heading to his solar right now” I replied
“Then you’re lucky that I found you on time, Aegon is at his war chamber, he had called for me and I believe I’m already late, come along with me, he’ll be delighted to see you”
“A war chamber?” I said “what does he need that for; when your father was alive we used to hold all our war meetings in his solar”
“This is no ordinary war uncle, this is a megawar”
I sighed and replied “you and your brother’s blood is too hot, this is not the way to win a war”
“Hahaha” he laughed “yes, this is not the way to win a war, this is the way to win a megawar”,
Together we walked into the keep and walked through the dragon statues decorated hallway down to the stairway and up to the third floor, we walked through two other hallways and finally another stairway with a little door in front of it, Orys was about to knock on the door when I held his him on the shoulder while gasping for breath,
“Orys” I said, bending down with one hand on my knee and the other on Orys’ shoulder and breathing heavily “why… why… why is this war chamber so far away from the rest of the keep”
He smiled and replied “it was Rhaenys who selected this room, from here one can get a good view of Westeros and at the same time it is very far from the rest of the keep and thus allowing us to concentrate more”
Finally getting back some of my strength I asked pointing at the door “Why are there no guards?”
“Aegon does not want the information of the plans for the war to come to get to the ears of anyone else apart from those who are part of the war council”
I nodded at the smartness that Aegon had showed, nobody can be trusted and especially not in this time of war, the Kings of Westeros are known to be vile creatures and can use any pattern to make sure that their problems were solved,
Orys was about to touch the knob of the door when a voice called from within, if you’re through with your discussion you can now come in so that we can begin, the voice was from no other person than Visenya, Aegon’s first wife and sister, he had only married her because it would be wrong for him to marry his younger sister while the elder was still unmarried, but in truth he truly craved for his younger sister, the beautiful Rhaenys Targaryen, so, after two years of being with Visenya he married Rhaenys as well,
We walked into the room and there I saw the greatest marvel I had ever seen, a neatly cut table map, showing the lands of Westeros and all its terrain, from what I could see the was over fifty feet in length and thirty feet in width on the longest side, one could easily see the sands of Dorne designed with yellow paint that looked like real sand, at the upper part was the lands of the North where the Winter Kings rule painted with white and its curves rightly shaped, with the great wall that separated the world of men from the world of the Others, the Westerland was at the far western part designed with trees that looked very real, Reach was designed with beautiful flowers and its castles well designed and looking like the real thing, the lands of the Iron born were… queer but in truth black Harren’s lands are monstrous in size and always looked poor due to the thousands of Ironborn that pillaged the land , the mountains of the Vale looked so real and amazing to behold that one might think the wooden mountains were made of soil, the Eyrie was amazing and beautiful with the bloody gate far below, and last but never the least the Stormlands where Argillac the Arrogant reigns supreme and has truly shown that he deserves the nickname ‘The Arrogant’, the petty lands of surrounding Blackwater Bay were in view as well and on top of it were a number of miniature men with a dragon in front of them,
“Aegon” I said “who designed this monstrosity of a table?”
I could see the smile in everybody’s face; Rhaenys went a bit further and let out a little chuckle,
“well” Aegon began “when you left for Driftmark Orys came to me with some Braavosi woodcarvers who were heading to the Summer Isles when they decided to make a stop here to refill their ships with goods, Orys saw one of their works and was very pleased so he decided to bring them to Rhaenys to see if she’d want to…”
“Can you just get to straight to the point?” I asked, losing a bit of my patience
“Well, he said, they made a miniature version of this so I paid them some gold to make a bigger version and here we are today, the ma of my Kingdom”
“This is truly a marvel” I said “but we are not here for table talk”
All the members of the war council were familiar faces, lords and men that I have encountered before, there was Maester Haerys the Maester at Dragonstone, Lord Crispian the master of coin, Vaera the master of law, Rhae the master of whisperers, Orys, Rhaenys, Visenya, Aegon and me, the war council was few but it felt too much to me, the less the better,
Aegon made a coughing sound to clear his voice and then began with his lordly voice “Lord Daemon, how many men can be rallied from Driftmark and how fast can they be sent here?” he asked removing all informal pattern of speaking, that was how his father acted as well always showing their pride,
“My lord” I replied “I believe that we can rally two thousand men and we can bring them here in twelve days’ time”
“Make that ten” Orys replied “we do not have much time to waste and battle will soon be upon us, it is better we attack them than to seat at ease and watch them match towards us”
“I will do send a raven immediately after this meeting” I replied
“Where do you think will be the best place to make our landing?” he asked, particularly to no one,
“Storm’s End” Visenya pointed,
Storm’s End has been the capital of the Stormlands for as long as time can tell, in all its years it has never been Sieged or Stormed
“That would be outright suicide” Maester Haerys said “Storm’s End has never been sieged or Assaulted before, if we go through that path our army will be destroyed before the war begins”
“we have dragons” Rhaenys added “Dragons have never been used to siege Storm’s End before and if we do so we will surely win this war before it begins thereby having as little casualty as possible”
Rhaenys my brother’s little baby, always caring for life and trying to preserve as many as possible,
“my lady” the Maester said “yes dragons have never been used to siege the castle but if we try to land there the dragons will not be able to survive the fierce storms there, the castle is not just storms end, it was named such because the storms that occur there are the greatest in the known world, even if the dragons magically land there without dying, all the soldiers will perish at shipbreaker bay, nothing is named for naming sake in the Stormlands, the winds that occur at Storm’s End affects the tide and as at such any ship that moves through there has no hope of returning”
The Maester must have convinced Rhaenys for she kept calm after the Maester finished speaking,
“Since Storm’s End is not an option Maester, do you have any suggestions?” asked Lord Crispian
“yes I do” said the Maester “Blackwater Bay, the shores there belong to no lord and it is far enough from the Stormlands to allow us land and survey the land before we match for Storm’s End, if we take Storm’s End we take the Storm King and if we take him the war is over”
“And what makes you think the storm king won’t join his army to match against us” asked Vaera
It was the master of whisperers who replied “because he is too old to meet us in battle”
There was a minute of silence, the idea seemed very easy, too easy for my liking, Land, Match and Siege, it was Aegon who finally broke the silence,
“I believe we have all seen the plan and you must all agree with me on this, there is no better plan than this, we sail for Blackwater bay in two weeks’ time”.
Re: War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
ORYS
When a child is destined to be great, greatness comes, it does not matter the background or personality of the individual, all that matters is that greatness has been predestined in the life of such an individual, when I was young I always knew that I would not be accepted in the world and that turned downed my dreams to ever be great in life, instead I decided to become a follower of great men, to serve them with the most loyalty that I can give, to die for them if possible in the hopes that one day my name would be written in the hallway of great men, some men told me that being born a valyrian was the greatest honour I would be able to gain in life and so I accepted it, but now that I am a grown man I see things from a different perspective, I now see myself as who I am supposed to be, a son of the Dragonlord Aerion Targaryen, a brother to King Aegon, Queen Visenya and Queen Rhaenys, even though some of my relatives may not see me as anything but just as a dragonspawn, I see myself as a great person, greater than most of the smallfolk who look down on me, greater than those trueborn sons of poor lowborn parents, it is a thing of pride and I will duly accept it.
Excerpt from the diary of Orys

I woke up with a cold and resentful feeling, cold from the winds that blew around the sea and resentfulness from the way the world sees people like me, I never knew in all my life that the sea could be so cold, when I was brought to Dragonstone I was a mere babe and knew nothing, I grew up in Dragonstone and I knew no body who had not been on Dragonstone, life on the sea was much more harder than life on the warm rocks of Dragonstone, every now or then a man would fall sick from the cold, we are men of dragon breath and we cannot survive these cold conditions, I wondered how the dragons were faring in this cold condition, even the powerful dragons could not fly due to the cold, I sat up and yawned bit then I went to have my meal of boiled pork dipped in honey sauce, I sat on my chair and prayed to the God of Valyria, the God who had saved my ancestors from being destroyed with the rest of old Valyria, I prayed that the Targaryen dynasty would not be destroyed in this coming war,
I was about to start eating when I heard a knock on my door,
“Who is that?” I asked
“It’s Jaeron sir” the voice replied
Jaeron was one of my best oar in the ship, tales I heard from the crew was that he was born and bred in the Iron Isles where men learnt how to row a boat before they ever walked, these men were said to be the most powerful men on ship and some even believed that while on ship an Iron Isle ship with one hundred men could easily overpower one with ten thousand men, Jaeron was smart and nice as well, and not to forget he was also a good cook,
“Is there any problem?” I asked
“No sir, but I have something of import for you” he replied
“Come in then” I said
The door opened sharply but quietly revealing a young man in his early thirties with a short sprouting beard and auburn hair, he wore boiled leather trousers and simple sheep skin top,
“M’lord there has been a rumour going on around the ship and I deemed it necessary to inform you” he said as he closed the door and stood the front of the door,
I took a good look at him and I could tell that he must have been worried from the news he heard,
“Jaeron what could this rumour be that it made you so worried?” I asked looking as worried as I could feign,
“m’lord” he began “a Braavosi red priest that doubles as an oar on your ship has been spreading some despicable and false prophecy about you m’lord”
My interest was spurred at that moment, I had always been interested in anything concerning the Braavosi, I had reason to believe that my mother was from Braavos and the mention of anything concerning them seemed important to me,
“Go on with it” I said trying to look as uninterested as possible
“M’lord he has been telling the crew that his red God had revealed a prophecy to him in his dreams”
“Spare me with that unnecessary talk” I said “there prophecies may have an effect on a trueborn noble but I am just a Bastard and those things pose no threat to me”
“M’lord this prophecy carries ill omen and it must be dealt with as fast as possible before the crew starts losing their faith in you”
“Speak then” I said “and spare me this long talk”
“he says that while he was praying that the flames spoke to him, they revealed to him what would happen in the war, he says it the way the flames told it to him, it goes like this; a stag and two dragon shall meet at a crossroad, one dragon is red and the other is black, the red shall flee before the might of the stag and the black shall fall, the stag shall prevail and the dragons shall be put to shame, m’lord the crew believe that you are the dragon that shall fall and King Argillac the stag that shall prevail”
I laughed as I had never laughed before, his words were so funny to me that I couldn’t control myself, if not for my noble birth I would have rolled on the floor in laughter, after a few seconds I got control of myself and then spoke “Jaeron you fear too much, this prophecy is nothing, it has no meaning, there is no way a stag shall ever be able to prevail over the might of two dragons, the dragons are stronger and are smarter, faster and better in everything else, and besides I am no dragon, I am a bastard and can never bear the name; Targaryen, that prophecy is only but a joke, I believe that red priest must have been planted by Argillac to weaken the morale of our men”
“If truly the red priest was planted by the Storm King then we should remove him as fast as possible because the men are becoming afraid”
“if we remove him now” I said “that would make it seem as though we believe his prophecy to be true and are afraid of what would happen in the future if he keeps on telling the people about the prophecy”
“But the men will still believe the prophecy” he said “do you have a plan on how we can make the men to stop believing it?”
“let them believe all they want” I replied “they can believe for as long as they like but when we win our first battle they will see the power of dragons and know that a stag is not to be feared”
He gave a wry smile and was about to reply when we suddenly heard men running and shouting outside, the words they were shouting I could not make out,
“M’lord it seems there is something wrong outside” Jaeron said looking worried all of a sudden,
I stood up from my seat and walked to my bedside stool, on it lay my sword Deepbreath, I named it such because it was forged from the breath of Balerion himself, I unsheathed it from the scabbard, took a good look at it, smiled and then spoke,
“I am a son of a dragon and a brother to a dragon, I fear no evil”
Jaeron unsheathed his own sword and yelled “what is dead may never die”,
Together we ran out from the room and into the hallway that led to the deck of the ship, there was no other person there apart from the both of us, no traces of blood either, carefully we walked to the deck of the ship and there we saw all the men looking towards the western path of the sea, there was no fight going on and there seemed to be no problem of any sort that I could see, I tapped the closest oar by my left and spoke,
“Why are all the men on the deck?”
“m’lord” he said “we have arrived at Blackwater bay”
The words filled me with excitement, excitement at what was to come, excitement at the adventure to be had, excitement at the fun that would surely follow and excitement for the war,
“You have seen enough land for now and you will see more when we make our landing but for now every man should return back to his duty post” I said yelling at the tip of my voice,
Within a minute the whole place was clear of men, slowly I walked towards the edge of the ship and there I saw Blackwater bay, the soil on the land looked like none that I had ever seen before, the soil looked soft and I imagined how nice it would feel when stepped on, the air was clean, cool and smelt very nice, there was a little fishing village just beyond the shores of the sea, I saw hundreds of men, women and children watching in awe, not at the large fleet that was coming unto their shore but at the three dragons that had landed on their land, Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys must have taken to flight the moment they had a glimpse of land, I guess they were also tired of the sea voyage, the dragons looked magnificent as they stood majestically at the hill where they had been landed,
I sheathed my sword and spoke to Jaeron who had just walked up to me,
“If any man fears a stag, the look on these people’s face should show you that they fear a dragon much more, the dragons of old Valyria have come to take their crown”.
Re: War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar by mariodko190(m): 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ride on bro
Re: War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
mariodko190:
Ride on bro
thanks bro
Re: War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar by emperio212(m): 10:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
following!!!!
Re: War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
Guys, don't get mad at me but i'll have to pause the story for now, the thing is this, the laptop i use in typing and posting had a little problem, whenever i open it, it begins to make this crazy sound(i think the front cover is broken), bear with me guys, but i'll continue but not now, don't bookmark it, that's not advisable because i may resume by december, sooner i pray.

(1) (Reply)

Historical Analysis Of Chinua Achebe's There Was A Country (part 4) / Five More Reasons To Love Nigeria / Baba Sege Goes Back To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.