Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos (52766 Views)

My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Ademat7(m): 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
shaicollins:

how are you doing friend ,I will need your assistant ,I have half plot of land @ Ikorodu, I want to go into faming ,how can u out me through ,thanks
that size of land too small for business farming o but if it's free style or pilot project no problem by the way which area exactly in ikorodu? we fit dey rap because I'm in ikorodu too
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by AAinEqGuinea: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
Nice OP
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
Skinnienigga:
Wow Bros you are doing a great job. Pls I want to just acquired a plot and I want to start. Can you play advice me on where to get the best seeds to plant and their prices. I be novice for this matter o. Thanks.

The best seeds goes for 7k and above. And as for where to buy the seed, where is your location?

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
seguno2:
Great effort. Please keep it up. Actually don't. Rather GROW, IMPROVE, INCREASE and expand your reach and your farm. Stay blessed.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
merismen21:
Where can I buy cucumber seed in Lagos

I know Agritropic outlet at mile 12 and Awoyaya

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
SeyiOmoOba:

@Jephito; Please, I need your contacts. I want us to exchange mail.
The email on my signature
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by asikac: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hello Nairlanders, I have a piece of land (100 by 100) in benin city. I want to start Cuccumber cultivation and I need someone to guide me. U can inbox me. Cyprian.asika@gmail.com
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
GreatManBee:

What kind of soil does cucumber grow well on and where can I get the seeds?

Fertile and loamy soil that can retain water not waterlogged
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
lastpage:

Dont say "NO" emphatically because you dont really KNOW!

How can you say spraying the crop that one would eat, with insecticide and fungicide DIRECTLY, does not it?

Are you not aware that some of these x-cide are capable of penetrating the soft tissues of the crop and reside insde th eflesh till consumption by humans?

While l feel your hustle, l think we need to be careful with the use of all these Chemicals on what people will consume.
It may kill the pests but it may also end up "slowly" killing the consumer or at the minimum, induce some disease (Cancer) in them at a later stage in life.

I will suggest you make use of Govt bodies like FIIRO (Oshodi), IITA (Ibadan) and ask questions about which type of Pesticide/Fungicide is safe to use and in what quantity and manner. I am sure they will be more than willing to assist.

Wish you more success in your efforts.

Lastpage!
Thank you.

The later part of r post has settled it all. The manner, quantity and type must be considered and I do that.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Skinnienigga(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
jephito:

The best seeds goes for 7k and above. And as for where to buy the seed, where is your location?

OK. I'm in Lagos. Agege area.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
ikbnice:
can someone send me the tokyo f1 seed in ondo state. I need to start planting asap. About 20 acre of land is wasting away at my backyard. Quote me if you can

How many cans?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
ikbnice:
please, how did you make the trellis

Maybe i will send u pics but I don't know how to explain it.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by GreatManBee: 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
jephito:

Fertile and loamy soil that can retain water not waterlogged

Oh great. How about the seeds? Where can I buy from?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by agarawu23(m): 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
jephito:

Oga, how do u water them When there is no rainfall?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by agarawu23(m): 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
ikbnice:
can someone send me the tokyo f1 seed in ondo state. I need to start planting asap. About 20 acre of land is wasting away at my backyard. Quote me if you can
make we share am 10acre 10acre na wink grin

Na cleared Land?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
agarawu23:

I plant only during rainy season.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jstemmanex(m): 10:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pls update us on d performance of d seed

sirdayve:

I bought 1 for 1800. I don't really know about the yield tho, but a friend of mine advised me to get it. he tried it before and it produced well for Him. he went to market every 3days with at least 10 bags and he planted 2 and half cans. (according to him)
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by oblo(m): 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pavore9:
Impressive! Many have now become Pro in Cucumber farming! cool

Abeg make una extend am to Cabbage, green peas, lettuce etc so that preparing salad will become cheaper! cheesy

Na true o.. we dey come...
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
agarawu23:

I plant only during rainy season

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
Where to buy seeds....
For those on the mainland Agritropic outlets at Mile 12 and for those on the Island Agritropic outlet Awoyaya

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Pavore9: 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
Babake69:
[color=#006600][/color]

Typical Nigeria. All you do is to depend on others to produce for you to eat or embezzle, what stops you from learning how they (cabbage, tomatoes, lettuce and other veggies) are planted and help reduce the dependency on others.

You would have saved yourself from sounding ignorant if you had gone through my threads history!

9 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Osgilliat(m): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2016
These are people making it in this so called recession economy. They are boss of their own and they are making it, soon enough they will be there, some are in even there. Some lazy folks cant work while some working all because they want to suit up to some stupid office that pays them token.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Niiade(m): 8:55am On Sep 14, 2016
Pavore9:

You would have saved yourself from sounding ignorant if you had gone through my threads history!

I wonder oo
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by agarawu23(m): 9:12am On Sep 14, 2016
jephito:

I plant only during rainy season
noted.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by agarawu23(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2016
Pavore9:

nlders can vex person eh cheesy
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Pavore9: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2016
agarawu23:
nlders can vex person eh cheesy

No mind the guy, he may not even know how a cabbage is grown but choose to rant on top my head! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2016
Pavore9:

No mind the guy, he may not even know how a cabbage is grown but choose to rant on top my head! cheesy cheesy

I thought you would overlook that post like I did. I guess he didn't understand ur comment.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by Pavore9: 9:57am On Sep 14, 2016
jephito:

I thought you would overlook that post like I did. I guess he didn't understand ur comment.

No mind the guy jare! Glad your thread and so many others have de-mystified beliefs and stimulating the interest of many Nigerians.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by ikbnice(m): 10:10am On Sep 14, 2016
agarawu23:
make we share am 10acre 10acre na wink grin

Na cleared Land?
nope, but not too bushy if you are for real. But distance sha. They are looking for someone to plant on it sef.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by ikbnice(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2016
jephito:

How many cans?
like two for a start.
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by ikbnice(m): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2016
jephito:

can I contact you on whatsapp?
Re: My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos by jephito(m): 10:49am On Sep 14, 2016
Pavore9:

No mind the guy jare! Glad your thread and so many others have de-mystified beliefs and stimulating the interest of many Nigerians.

Thank you my brother. I remember you are the the one made me post all the pictures I posted on that market more thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. / Man Shows Bountiful Harvest Of The Yam He Planted During Lockdown / How I Made Over A Million Naira Growing Pawpaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.